Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2020, 03:48 PM   #10326
Mr Spyutastic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Mr Spyutastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12,219
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnNow View Post
Where? Variance in games is interesting part, for the argument that he won too much not just being a luckbox.

They were all on Youtube

He played quite a lot poker in last 15 years? Or am I wrong? So your logic is, that Postle is like super******? Or are you saying live deep 1/3 and 2/5 are hard to beat? Typical player Postle played against have played like 1/100 hands max what Postle have. More likely 1/1000 and still ****** Postle is not even slight winner?

I don't really understand what your question here even is.

There are players who play on intuition. So they are not able to articulate what they did. Same goes for all sports.

Interesting. I wish I had an intuition to be 100% correct. The obvious question is why did he wait until the latter part of his 15yrs of poker to implement this awesome intuition of his? And why did this intuition go away when he wasn't playing on stream? Probably just a conicidence I'm sure.

Of course not buying that Postle is best player ever.
Please see my responses in bold.
Mr Spyutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 03:55 PM   #10327
ComeOnNow
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 20
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Hard to argue how awesome or not Postle play in streams have been, when there is only hundreds of hours Youtube streams, but not hand histories.

My argument is, that is pretty unlikely that Postle is not slight winner in games he played. Cash and tourneys. Not that hard. Could be like 20$/h and then some casino hustling, but still.

Is there even players who have played 15 years constantly and are not winning supersoft 1/3? Like someone with heroin addiction?
ComeOnNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:07 PM   #10328
Mr Spyutastic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Mr Spyutastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12,219
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnNow View Post
Hard to argue how awesome or not Postle play in streams have been, when there is only hundreds of hours Youtube streams, but not hand histories.

I really don't understand how you don't comprehend this. You can see the entire hands. This is what a hand history is.


My argument is, that is pretty unlikely that Postle is not slight winner in games he played. Cash and tourneys. Not that hard. Could be like 20$/h and then some casino hustling, but still.

Is there even players who have played 15 years constantly and are not winning supersoft 1/3? Like someone with heroin addiction?
Like 90% of the players that play these games.
The fact that you don't get that a hand on stream where we know all the actions to constitute a hand history don't equate to a hand history in your mind has me concerned. But it does explain the logic behind your beliefs.
Mr Spyutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:09 PM   #10329
whosnext
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
whosnext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 6,372
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnNow View Post
Hard to argue how awesome or not Postle play in streams have been, when there is only hundreds of hours Youtube streams, but not hand histories.

My argument is, that is pretty unlikely that Postle is not slight winner in games he played. Cash and tourneys. Not that hard. Could be like 20$/h and then some casino hustling, but still.

Is there even players who have played 15 years constantly and are not winning supersoft 1/3? Like someone with heroin addiction?
Welcome to the thread.

However, you are not off to a good start. As mentioned above, you come off as either ignorant as to what went on or a troll.

If you are not a troll, please learn more about the Postle situation (first post in thread has some valuable info). Don't expect other people to bring you up to speed.

If you are a troll, you will be banned in short order.
whosnext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:11 PM   #10330
ComeOnNow
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 20
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Postle have pretty surely played like 10 times more hands than 99.9% players he have been playing against. Ok not in 5/10 and above, but most games are not there. Based on that I would say he is ****** if he is not slightly winning player in live small stakes just based on time he have put on poker.

Arguments based on hands I agree are somehow solid. Not though supersolid like he clearly see cards since he avoids clear bad beats where there should be no way he is not going all in etc. Please correct if I'm not right there.
ComeOnNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:12 PM   #10331
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,647
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnNow View Post
Take any of 1-6 and argue against it. I will not argue against anyone who generally claims you are just wrong. Like it would be first time in history of internet when someone is wrong.

I'm very happy to be wrong, but then you need to point where I'm wrong. If you want to argue.
You are wrong in every point 1-6 which proves you didn't put the effort and time in.
Also you saying u did see 500 hands which can't be true. You don't know that we have hh of 100% of the hands played. Etc. Etc. You dont know about the laydowns he made, which you described with or similar to your set over set example!

What if I told u he did just that. Only thing someone who claims he watched 500 hands would know this.

Also are you claiming that he should have made 1m not 200-300k in a this game he played is rather stupid to say.
Trust me we talked about this... He made it obvious more than enough to be out of line and to be cheating. Surely you didn't put any thought in this and you are now trying to take a shortcut in bugging the crap out of people to feed you info imo
washoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:19 PM   #10332
Mr Spyutastic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Mr Spyutastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12,219
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnNow View Post
. Please correct if I'm not right there.
We already tried. Go back and actually watch the hundreds of hrs of streams and then come back with a coherent argument. Instead of pretending like you did and talking nonsense.
Mr Spyutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:51 PM   #10333
ComeOnNow
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 20
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
He made it obvious more than enough to be out of line and to be cheating.
Ok. Let us assume Postle run bad at poker tables and started to cheat on streams. Possible. But isn't standard argument that he did it with poker room manager? Manager which have most probably salary more than 70k$ yearly. And he would risk it all and some more just for 100k$ max. assuming there was just him and Postle cheating and it was 50/50 deal. If there were more than two people in then gain goes down even more.
ComeOnNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:01 PM   #10334
Mr Spyutastic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Mr Spyutastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12,219
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnNow View Post
Ok. Let us assume Postle run bad at poker tables and started to cheat on streams. Possible. But isn't standard argument that he did it with poker room manager? Manager which have most probably salary more than 70k$ yearly. And he would risk it all and some more just for 100k$ max. assuming there was just him and Postle cheating and it was 50/50 deal. If there were more than two people in then gain goes down even more.
I'll grant you that the evidence regarding the involvement of the poker room manager is not really there.

My feelings aren't as strong there. But I think at a minimum some negligence was involved.

But with regards to Postle having cheated in those streamed hands I'm as certain as you could be about anything. As to how he did it and who else was involved if anyone I'm not certain of anything.
Mr Spyutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:16 AM   #10335
Acesfullofgarbage
veteran
 
Acesfullofgarbage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,701
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnNow View Post
Ok. Let us assume Postle run bad at poker tables and started to cheat on streams. Possible. But isn't standard argument that he did it with poker room manager? Manager which have most probably salary more than 70k$ yearly. And he would risk it all and some more just for 100k$ max. assuming there was just him and Postle cheating and it was 50/50 deal. If there were more than two people in then gain goes down even more.
lol why is someone cheating for "just 100k$ max" such a shocking concept to you? Out of all the crazy twists in this story how is that the one that casts doubt on the whole debacle? Come on, Mike
Acesfullofgarbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 03:10 AM   #10336
jjjou812
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,583
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

We should have a poll for the conspiritards who think Postle and JFK are posting in here.
jjjou812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:14 AM   #10337
rickroll
oddly catty
 
rickroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: serene, serene, puissant, puissant
Posts: 11,012
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Guys, wtf. Stop engaging with brand new accounts that are obsessed with this. You're just talking to Mike's sock puppet.

@Mods can we just ban beans new accounts from posting here?
rickroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:55 AM   #10338
Eponymous
Photoshop Comic Genius
 
Eponymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: How many letters do we have for thi
Posts: 4,572
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I agree with not engaging with them. However, if you just don’t allow new accounts to post in this thread, then you could be missing some input from key people who want to share their insights. For example, Veronica created a new account to post in this thread.

I suppose new accounts could be allowed to post only if they openly identify themselves (and are verified) like she did, no matter which side they represent. I’m sure Mike or Justin would be welcome to post here as themselves if they chose to do so.
Eponymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:57 AM   #10339
Jr0d
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Key West
Posts: 261
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Number of hands played does not necessarily make someone a better player.

15 years ago, I started playing live at 21. I found a limit Omaha Hi/lo game that I could crush, against mostly old timers, some who have playing longer than I was alive. Only played a handful of OHLo games for free online before I found that game.
Jr0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:44 AM   #10340
Jr0d
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Key West
Posts: 261
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnNow View Post

Arguments based on hands I agree are somehow solid. Not though supersolid like he clearly see cards since he avoids clear bad beats where there should be no way he is not going all in etc. Please correct if I'm not right there.
Here is one of many examples that the only logical explanation is he knows his opponents cards:
Jr0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:05 AM   #10341
ThiagoSantos
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 55
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

#freemikepostle Gonna be handing out " free Postle" shirts at the WSOP this year, never before in the history of poker has an innocent man been so publicly humiliated before having rightful judgment.
ThiagoSantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:54 AM   #10342
ComeOnNow
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 20
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Ok let continue with amount of money won. When we take out one big 25/50 session with 20k$ stacks number at first post is about 300k$ (and some other maybe better estimations 200k$) and Rounders number is about 100k$.

Since those numbers are out there and it is clear from what stream they come from it is pretty easy to redo the work for one, or two sessions, and figure out which numbers are correct.

Done so far: People have figured out that Postle have been working on Rounders and thus those numbers are incorrect. Not true. Cheating or not those numbers can be correct and even should, because if not and someone do the work and show that they are totally off then credibility of Rounders and Postle's defence take a nosedive.

Why for example Joe Ingram does not do that, when he put numerous amount of hours to this early? If it is about investigative journalism, then you should follow up. If it is about attention whoring then you of course create sensations and make more followers using big words not important if claims are true or not.

Why is this most imortant thing here even if we assume it's 100% clear there was cheating? Money was cheated, so of course THE question is for how much.

Last edited by ComeOnNow; 01-22-2020 at 10:59 AM.
ComeOnNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 01:06 PM   #10343
MrFabulous
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 414
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

The argument why should someone "cheat to gain just a little extra" is invalid. People are greedy, dumb and easy money driven. Why grinding hard for 10bb/100 if you can make "safely" 100bb/100?
MrFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 01:20 PM   #10344
Mr Spyutastic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Mr Spyutastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12,219
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnNow View Post
Ok let continue with amount of money won. When we take out one big 25/50 session with 20k$ stacks number at first post is about 300k$ (and some other maybe better estimations 200k$) and Rounders number is about 100k$.

Since those numbers are out there and it is clear from what stream they come from it is pretty easy to redo the work for one, or two sessions, and figure out which numbers are correct.

Done so far: People have figured out that Postle have been working on Rounders and thus those numbers are incorrect. Not true. Cheating or not those numbers can be correct and even should, because if not and someone do the work and show that they are totally off then credibility of Rounders and Postle's defence take a nosedive.

Why for example Joe Ingram does not do that, when he put numerous amount of hours to this early? If it is about investigative journalism, then you should follow up. If it is about attention whoring then you of course create sensations and make more followers using big words not important if claims are true or not.

Why is this most imortant thing here even if we assume it's 100% clear there was cheating? Money was cheated, so of course THE question is for how much.
The money shouldn't be the focus because people like you are still arguing that he might not have cheated. So focusing on the $ amounts just draws attention away from the core argument.
Mr Spyutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:00 PM   #10345
ComeOnNow
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 20
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spyutastic View Post
The money shouldn't be the focus because people like you are still arguing that he might not have cheated. So focusing on the $ amounts just draws attention away from the core argument.
In the end at the moment with no clear evidence. What is the difference on your or Ingram accusations compared to when Fiilismies accused Linus?

Answer is no winrate etc. since they are not important, or at least so you say.
ComeOnNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:05 PM   #10346
MrFabulous
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 414
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnNow View Post
In the end at the moment with no clear evidence. What is the difference on your or Ingram accusations compared to when Fiilismies accused Linus?

Answer is no winrate etc. since they are not important, or at least so you say.
If I remember correctly Linus offered playing x hands with webcam if someone challenged him. Never heard Postle defend himself and play at a neutral venue.
MrFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 03:28 PM   #10347
Mr Spyutastic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Mr Spyutastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12,219
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnNow View Post
In the end at the moment with no clear evidence. What is the difference on your or Ingram accusations compared to when Fiilismies accused Linus?

Answer is no winrate etc. since they are not important, or at least so you say.
Key differences:

1. Linus can explain all of his plays and they are consistent with GTO theory with some reasonable exploits thrown in. Playing close to GTO is very different than making perfect decisions over a large sample.

2. Linus offered to play anyone using a webcam. Postle made no such offer.

3. Linus's plays are not statistically impossible to do. Postle's pretty much is.

The tone of Fiilismies accusation actually rings very similar to the accusation +Rep made against me a few weeks ago.

Innoncent people don't shy away from their accusers and are more than happy to explain and prove themselves. That's the feeling I got from LLinus and not from MP.
Mr Spyutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:13 PM   #10348
ComeOnNow
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 20
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spyutastic View Post
3. Linus's plays are not statistically impossible to do. Postle's pretty much is.
Atm we don't know about this.

Assuming 100k$ was won playing 400 hours live poker. Then once in the lifetime heater (and not more) in games they played. How big winner you need to be to do that? Is breakeven enough?
ComeOnNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:55 PM   #10349
whosnext
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
whosnext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 6,372
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnNow View Post
Atm we don't know about this.

Assuming 100k$ was won playing 400 hours live poker. Then once in the lifetime heater (and not more) in games they played. How big winner you need to be to do that? Is breakeven enough?
This post reaches the limit of how much I am willing to allow from a new account.

Many of us have watched many many hours of Postle's play on the live stream. He definitely did not win his money by going on any type of "heater". Please watch some of the live stream videos available (highlights at a minimum).

Next post along these lines from you will result in a lengthy ban.
whosnext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:06 PM   #10350
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,647
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext View Post
This post reaches the limit of how much I am willing to allow from a new account.

Many of us have watched many many hours of Postle's play on the live stream. He definitely did not win his money by going on any type of "heater". Please watch some of the live stream videos available (highlights at a minimum).

Next post along these lines from you will result in a lengthy ban.
Thank you.

Arguing with an idiot can result in headache. Thanks for the relief.
washoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive