Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2020, 11:20 AM   #10201
deuceblocker
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2,255
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayDatBotItsMeoney View Post
And? WTF does one do with the other? Do you play on ACR? No? Then why does it matter?
I stopped playing on ACR because there were too many superusers, almost as bad as Stones.

It is a little strange that you never posted strategy, but just one post in another cheating thread.
deuceblocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:29 AM   #10202
jjjou812
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,551
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayDatBotItsMeoney View Post
And? WTF does one do with the other? Do you play on ACR? No? Then why does it matter?
Paydabot,

Let's go at this directly.

1. Are you Mike Postle?
2. Are you Justin?
3. Why are you motivated to post in here in defense of Mike and Justin?
4. Do you have a personal relationship with either Mike or Justin?
jjjou812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:33 AM   #10203
PayDatBotItsMeoney
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 29
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceblocker View Post
I stopped playing on ACR because there were too many superusers, almost as bad as Stones.

It is a little strange that you never posted strategy, but just one post in another cheating thread.
Suuuurree. I honestly enjoy reading them and learning from them. Reason I only post in these two is they are ongoing issues. For the record if you look through my posts I am not siding for the accused. In fact everyone is so fixated on MP having access to the card reading server, they missed the more feasible method, but whatever.

ACR/WPN is a piece of **** company run rampant by bots, yet using a public image of protection to players. They grab tools like Michael Loncar or Justin Kelly to promote their brand when in fact this dude Nagy is living like a drug lord in Costa Rica.
PayDatBotItsMeoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:42 AM   #10204
PayDatBotItsMeoney
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 29
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjou812 View Post
Paydabot,

Let's go at this directly.

1. Are you Mike Postle?
2. Are you Justin?
3. Why are you motivated to post in here in defense of Mike and Justin?
4. Do you have a personal relationship with either Mike or Justin?
1.No
2.No
3.Though possibly a little understated I am not in defense of either. My point (albeit possibly confusing) is A. There are NO facts, just speculation. People gravitated to ludicrous ideas of bone hats and stuff without looking at the plausible methods used by SLP...aka Discord channel for prod to talk with dealers. In addition still innocent people have gone publicly and demonized these people without any solid facts. IF this whole thing goes away and the class action folks get nothing reputations of two people are still going to be forever changed. Justin actually does deserve this IMO. Only because he not only dismissed it, but doubled down on the promotion of MP. IF MP didn't actually cheat and just great stream action all of you have ruined a person's ability to earn a living (supposedly) without any recourse or requirement of retraction for said statements.
4. No. Last time saw either of them was at Stones a few weeks before all this went down. Now I have both of their #s but that was from the few times I was on the stream so......
PayDatBotItsMeoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:46 AM   #10205
jjjou812
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,551
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Thanks.
jjjou812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:18 PM   #10206
TimM
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,538
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayDatBotItsMeoney View Post
You know Veronica, for the record I am a proof person. I will believe in Aliens before I believe in God/Heaven. Faith is a farce, DATA or proof or theoretical proof of something just makes more sense to me.
Anyone can play this game. Prove to me with 100% certainty you're alive. You can't. Because I can always assert ridiculous alternative explanations like "maybe I am a brain in a vat and it's all is a simulation".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbury Twist View Post
How accurate is that Potripper vs. Postle graph the first showed up on Reddit?

As Druff mentioned on his podcast, even if you concede that Postle's winnings are "half" of what was claimed, it still puts his win rate roughly even with Potripper's (again, assuming the scatterplot is accurate). And the chances of winning at THAT rate was shown to be something like 1 in 7 trillion. In comparison, getting back-to-back pat royal flushes in five-card draw is something like one in 422 billion. Someone can check my bath on that.
There are legitimate objections to the scatter plot and one is sample size. That is, you can't calculate those probabilities just from the information in the plot. You need sample size and variance stats in addition to win rate. You also need to know his actual win rate. Why? Because you can only calculate something like this: What is the probability that someone with an actual win rate of X winning Y amount in Z hands is due entirely to chance. Since we don't know his actual win rate, we can only make a few estimates based on reasonable win rates. The idea is that even with generous win rates you should come up with some astronomically small probability that the result could be due to chance, and then you know your conclusion is not dependent on the quality of those estimates.

Really what needs to be done is for someone to take every hand on the streams and put them into a format that can be imported into pokertracker. Then all the questions about how much was actually won will be answered. And hopefully that someone is being paid by the plaintiff's attorneys because it's going to be many hours of tedious work.
TimM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:52 PM   #10207
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,638
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Justin kuraitis stole money once I think and when he does it once and that was only a year or so ago, he might do it again.

He took money from an mtt pricepool as the tourney director.

Now he is selling the bs Martindale story...

How much money does a poker room director make to be driving a tesla?
washoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:58 PM   #10208
zedsdead
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 322
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayDatBotItsMeoney View Post

ACR/WPN is a piece of **** company run rampant by bots, yet using a public image of protection to players. They grab tools like Michael Loncar or Justin Kelly to promote their brand when in fact this dude Nagy is living like a drug lord in Costa Rica.
Can you prove ACR is run by bots? Like enough to convict in a criminal trial?
Seems crazy that your taking this hard stance that no one can’t prove MP is guilty, while using pretty much the same logic used against MP to say ACR is ‘cheating’ (run by bots)
zedsdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:39 PM   #10209
PayDatBotItsMeoney
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 29
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedsdead View Post
Can you prove ACR is run by bots? Like enough to convict in a criminal trial?
Seems crazy that your taking this hard stance that no one can’t prove MP is guilty, while using pretty much the same logic used against MP to say ACR is ‘cheating’ (run by bots)
Having played around with a couple of the for sale bot software I am familar with the settings. Such as aggression, response to raises based on size, response time given X amount of time before time out.

Then there is the fact that the same say 6 accounts stay logged into at least 6 tables for 3 days straight. How do i know this? I recorded different accounts logged into these high stake cash games for 72 hours straight. They never left even after i stopped recording.

And yes this info was submitted to WPN which their only response to look at a banned account board that hasn't been updated in over 7 months.

So i got on to this site to vocalized that disgust. Then saw the ridiculous amount of posts for this thread. Having some association to the poker room and people involved I have followed it closely.

The part of this that disturbs me is the fact that neither Veronica nor any of the people she riding on have facts proving anything. Just theories. Even data is visibly questionable. So behavior of MP is suspect i agree, but you make the claim and then let the process work. Then when you get bonafide proof or facts that cheating happened that's when a guy is a "scumbag". Until then he is either the greatest DONK to ever play or just lucky, but one thing I know MP is not is counting the $325k he made because that never happened.

Again just my opinion.
PayDatBotItsMeoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:25 PM   #10210
zedsdead
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 322
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayDatBotItsMeoney View Post
Having played around with a couple of the for sale bot software I am familar with the settings. Such as aggression, response to raises based on size, response time given X amount of time before time out.

Then there is the fact that the same say 6 accounts stay logged into at least 6 tables for 3 days straight. How do i know this? I recorded different accounts logged into these high stake cash games for 72 hours straight. They never left even after i stopped recording.

And yes this info was submitted to WPN which their only response to look at a banned account board that hasn't been updated in over 7 months.

So i got on to this site to vocalized that disgust. Then saw the ridiculous amount of posts for this thread. Having some association to the poker room and people involved I have followed it closely.

The part of this that disturbs me is the fact that neither Veronica nor any of the people she riding on have facts proving anything. Just theories. Even data is visibly questionable. So behavior of MP is suspect i agree, but you make the claim and then let the process work. Then when you get bonafide proof or facts that cheating happened that's when a guy is a "scumbag". Until then he is either the greatest DONK to ever play or just lucky, but one thing I know MP is not is counting the $325k he made because that never happened.

Again just my opinion.
So you can’t actually PROVE that ACR is using bots? You have theories. Interesting.

Is it impossible for humans to play same frequencies as you program your bots (sketchy you do that btw)

Is it impossible that some people enjoy taking aderall and playing for 3 days straight?

You haven’t proved anything.

Edit: for the record. I think it’s painfully obvious that ACR has a bot problem and MP is guilty. Just pointing out that your logic on the two subjects is very contradicting.

Last edited by zedsdead; 01-13-2020 at 03:37 PM.
zedsdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:44 PM   #10211
PayDatBotItsMeoney
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 29
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedsdead View Post
So you can’t actually PROVE that ACR is using bots? You have theories. Interesting.

Is it impossible for humans to play same frequencies as you program your bots (sketchy you do that btw)

Is it impossible that some people enjoy taking aderall and playing for 3 days straight?

You haven’t proved anything.
You must be a bot. You are right and this whole idea of mine has parallels to the MP subject. I have theories that fit a situation, but no facts.

In the end if I ASS U ME that it happening and am in fact truly wrong its even worse for me. Maybe that's the lesson here. Save the pent up frustration over assumed cheaters until some finality is reached and then gloat and bash all you want if you feel.

But it is the internet and people like "Brill"ant would rather be showered with clicks and kudos for insighting something that may not be there versus being the fact checker she is for her real life job. At the end of all this MP might end up the real scumbag he is made out to be, but polak will have shoved all in with a shitty hand and been able Postle it up. Doesn't make her actions justified.

This has been fun and exhausting. Enjoy replying, flaming me, whatever, I am taking a break from this cast of whiners until something significant comes up.

Again people should look into the tablet seen in many streams, Discord. Otherwise the lot of you just "like to watch the world burn."

I'm out!

Last edited by whosnext; 01-13-2020 at 06:53 PM. Reason: removed offensive language (but left the rest of the crap)
PayDatBotItsMeoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:46 PM   #10212
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,638
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayDatBotItsMeoney View Post
Having played around with a couple of the for sale bot software I am familar with the settings. Such as aggression, response to raises based on size, response time given X amount of time before time out.

Then there is the fact that the same say 6 accounts stay logged into at least 6 tables for 3 days straight. How do i know this? I recorded different accounts logged into these high stake cash games for 72 hours straight. They never left even after i stopped recording.

And yes this info was submitted to WPN which their only response to look at a banned account board that hasn't been updated in over 7 months.

So i got on to this site to vocalized that disgust. Then saw the ridiculous amount of posts for this thread. Having some association to the poker room and people involved I have followed it closely.

The part of this that disturbs me is the fact that neither Veronica nor any of the people she riding on have facts proving anything. Just theories. Even data is visibly questionable. So behavior of MP is suspect i agree, but you make the claim and then let the process work. Then when you get bonafide proof or facts that cheating happened that's when a guy is a "scumbag". Until then he is either the greatest DONK to ever play or just lucky, but one thing I know MP is not is counting the $325k he made because that never happened.

Again just my opinion.

You kind of remind me of myself when I first stumbled upon this.

Lemme ask you: do you really believe there is one human in the universe that has had 21 winning sessions out of 21 sessions???!

I think he has 50+ recorded stream sessions. And out of that he never has a losing session. That in it self should give you enough reasons to doubt your opinion.

If you are a real poker player u know this is impossible.

In boxing the best boxer always wins, but not so in poker. He cannot win every session. And especially of He lost offstream as so many say he was a losing player at stones before,.mamy people who played with him told he was losing,.one even bumhunting him. and boom all of the sudden even his playstyle changes and he goes from from whiny loser to crushing every hand??( with f memes) On stream??! Helloooo!?! Mcflyy!! Anyone home?

Last edited by washoe; 01-13-2020 at 03:59 PM.
washoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:56 PM   #10213
jjjou812
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,551
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Washoe, why don't you give us the mathematical calculations of the probability of winning 21 sessions in a row. You can keep in binary and not calculate ties, just win or lose.
jjjou812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:58 PM   #10214
THAY3R
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
THAY3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Que?
Posts: 36,550
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayDatBotItsMeoney View Post
You are an intelligent woman.
True
THAY3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:04 PM   #10215
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,638
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjou812 View Post
Washoe, why don't you give us the mathematical calculations of the probability of winning 21 sessions in a row. You can keep in binary and not calculate ties, just win or lose.
Im not a math expert. But u and I know it's virtually 0.

So I think you.might be trolling.

Do you know of anyone winning 50 out of 50 sessions?

Not in chess! In poker...
washoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:14 PM   #10216
jjjou812
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,551
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
Im not a math expert.

(1/2)^{21}. Now compare that to the probability of getting 5 Royal Flushes in a row.
jjjou812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:28 PM   #10217
Koko the munkey
veteran
 
Koko the munkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: SWFL
Posts: 3,177
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
Justin kuraitis stole money once I think and when he does it once and that was only a year or so ago, he might do it again.

He took money from an mtt pricepool as the tourney director.
Is there any evidence to back this story up or is it just more internet BS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
How much money does a poker room director make to be driving a tesla?
This is like that Seinfeld episode where Jerry's father was removed as president of the condo association because Jerry bought him a car and so everyone thought he was crooked.
Koko the munkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:33 PM   #10218
zedsdead
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 322
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayDatBotItsMeoney View Post
Maybe that's the lesson here. Save the pent up frustration over assumed cheaters until some finality is reached and then gloat and bash all you want if you feel.

But it is the internet and people like "Brill"ant would rather be showered with clicks and kudos for insighting something that may not be there versus being the fact checker she is for her real life job. At the end of all this MP might end up the real scumbag he is made out to be, but polak will have shoved all in with a shitty hand and been able Postle it up. Doesn't make her actions justified.
No, that absolutely is not the lesson here.
The lesson is that it is incredibly hard to PROVE anything.
In some cases you have to use common sense. If nobody ever called out ACR for botting without having undeniable proof, the site would have a much better reputation then it does.
And if Veronica never outted MP, he would still be playing on stream laughing in his opponents faces while bluff 3 betting rivers with air.
Even if Mike escapes the law suites, Veronica did a good thing.
zedsdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:56 PM   #10219
ladybruin
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,288
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedsdead View Post
No, that absolutely is not the lesson here. The lesson is that it is incredibly hard to PROVE anything.
Exactly. Many many years ago there was a riot in Miami. Through videos of the looting the police made several arrests. The prosecution used the video saying see there is the defendant. The defense used the exact same video and said see it isn't the defendant. The entire trial was comprised of both sides showing the exact same video.

Reasonable doubt is a powerful tool used by the innocent and guilty.

Last edited by ladybruin; 01-13-2020 at 05:04 PM.
ladybruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:25 PM   #10220
Mr Spyutastic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Mr Spyutastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12,216
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

No one can prove that this life isn't a simulation.
Mr Spyutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:11 PM   #10221
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,638
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjou812 View Post
Washoe, why don't you give us the mathematical calculations of the probability of winning 21 sessions in a row. You can keep in binary and not calculate ties, just win or lose.
U forgot to specifiy what type of player.

For Ivey or Mike Matusow or for Linus the likelyhood of winning 30 out of 50 sessions is much higher than for john doe.

or in this case lets say 14 sessions out of 21 could be done.

But 21 of 21 cant be done bro, it just cant be done.

Last edited by washoe; 01-13-2020 at 06:19 PM.
washoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:15 PM   #10222
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,638
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko the munkey View Post
Is there any evidence to back this story up or is it just more internet BS?



This is like that Seinfeld episode where Jerry's father was removed as president of the condo association because Jerry bought him a car and so everyone thought he was crooked.
It no internet bs. I comes from 1st sources. Coincedentally when the game was running justin bought a tesla.

I know exactly which episose you are talking about hahhaa, its way different. Nobody bought a tesla from kosher money. The (villain) bought tesla when others were cheated. You have to admint this is different.
washoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:27 PM   #10223
Angrist
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,883
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
But 21 of 21 cant be done.
Assuming you're better than your opponents, you can just keep playing until you're up and then quit to book a winning session. Impractical to be sure, but possible in theory.

Regarding the 'martingale strategy' thing ... I *have* encountered players that would fire and fire and fire and raise the stakes buying in for more and more money until they eventually sucked out and won. This is usually home game situations with gigantic action and no real buy in cap. The saying was "if your money is long enough you'll eventually win". Which is total crap of course and these guys would occasionally punt of $10k doing this kind of thing. Didn't stop us from encouraging it.
Angrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:44 PM   #10224
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,638
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrist View Post
Assuming you're better than your opponents, you can just keep playing until you're up and then quit to book a winning session. Impractical to be sure, but possible in theory.

Regarding the 'martingale strategy' thing ... I *have* encountered players that would fire and fire and fire and raise the stakes buying in for more and more money until they eventually sucked out and won. This is usually home game situations with gigantic action and no real buy in cap. The saying was "if your money is long enough you'll eventually win". Which is total crap of course and these guys would occasionally punt of $10k doing this kind of thing. Didn't stop us from encouraging it.
the martingale strategy requires an infinitive bankroll.

To me the martingale or who invented it was a infintive idiot.

Whenever I applied the martingale I busted my account, and that was so many times that I cannot even count it. So martingale stands in total contrast to br managment where you dont have an infinitive roll which nobody has anyways.

So justin explain that please.
washoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:57 PM   #10225
TimM
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,538
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjou812 View Post
(1/2)^{21}. Now compare that to the probability of getting 5 Royal Flushes in a row.
That's about one in two million. But what if he's a crusher who wins 3 out of 4 sessions? Then winning 21 out of 21 sessions should happen around once out of 500. Forget the stats and look at the behavior, it's clear enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrist View Post
Assuming you're better than your opponents, you can just keep playing until you're up and then quit to book a winning session. Impractical to be sure, but possible in theory.
But in this case, the streams were fixed length sessions, correct?
TimM is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive