Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2019, 09:54 PM   #10076
PLIKITYPLAK
veteran
 
PLIKITYPLAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,512
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VforVendetata View Post
I really don't feel like grinding 10hrs of Joey Ingram videos. What's the consensus on this? Is everybody calling shenanigans? Or do some people think it's just a really strange and unlikely run of good hand reading?

Edit: I just read the FAQ in OP nevermind.
ohh, it is way more then 10 hours of Joey Ingram videos. All you need to do is to watch a few summary videos which I am sure you can find using your youtube search function. And if you have any experience with playing poker and not a noob it won't take you long to be 100% convinced that he cheated. It is just so painfully obvious. I am 100% sure O.J. killed Nicole but I am more convinced that Postle cheated, if that tells you anything.
PLIKITYPLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 09:39 PM   #10077
crdjeep
old hand
 
crdjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,414
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileymadison2345 View Post
At stones??
Every dealer I've talked to about it there has basically asked me not to talk about it and passively acknowledged that he was cheating.
No, this was at the Rivers Casino in Pittsburgh, PA.
crdjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 07:11 AM   #10078
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,337
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdjeep View Post
No, this was at the Rivers Casino in Pittsburgh, PA.
In that case, his response wasn't all that surprising or noteworthy. The vast majority of people who have heard about it aren't going to know the details well enough to have a strong opinion. And from a cynical viewpoint, a dealer's going to want to downplay it so as not to scare people away from playing poker.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 11:48 AM   #10079
golfnutt
banned
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,969
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceblocker View Post
Lol. nothing's happened. Criminal charges are unlikely. We probably won't find out much about Stone's or the plaintiffs' investigation until discovery before a possible trial. It will probably be settled with a confidentiality agreement, so anything either side finds out will probably not be publicly released.

I wonder if they could keep any settlement secret. There are going to be dozens of poker players getting money. I’m sure one will say something.
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 11:57 AM   #10080
deuceblocker
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2,255
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
I wonder if they could keep any settlement secret. There are going to be dozens of poker players getting money. I’m sure one will say something.
From what I understand confidentiality agreements are standard. Some information might leak out, but it would sort of be rumors. There is some incentive for Stones to settle before discovery and depositions so that whatever information there may be is not presented.
deuceblocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 09:25 PM   #10081
Angry_Polak
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 72
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
I wonder if they could keep any settlement secret. There are going to be dozens of poker players getting money. I’m sure one will say something.
this will be interesting considering there are almost 100 of us suing Stones/Justin and Postle
Angry_Polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 10:06 AM   #10082
rileymadison2345
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 350
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Polak View Post
this will be interesting considering there are almost 100 of us suing Stones/Justin and Postle
Veronica are you still playing there? I've been straight up silenced at the table when bringing it up. About a month ago I was asked not to talk about it, I said one last thing, was threatened to have floor come over. Seems like they are willing to kick people out for bringing it up.
rileymadison2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 02:53 PM   #10083
Gzesh
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UTG
Posts: 5,702
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Polak View Post
this will be interesting considering there are almost 100 of us suing Stones/Justin and Postle
As a Plaintiff you would have a right to know the details of any proposed settlement of your claim.

Did your representation agreement say anything ? From what I have seen, Mac has been a good, honest attorney, expect full disclosure.
Gzesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 12:14 PM   #10084
JDPuopolo
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 205
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Is there any update on a potential criminal investigation?
JDPuopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:14 AM   #10085
arcdog
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: augusta, georgia
Posts: 2,087
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDPuopolo View Post
Is there any update on a potential criminal investigation?
Ive practiced criminal defense law for 25 years, and the Postle case is not something a DA is going to be likely to take on - he or she will let civil lawsuits try and obtain money back. The reasonable doubt burden is significant when you dont have direct (but only circumstantial) proof, and the victims here arent the most important to a local DA.
arcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 03:36 PM   #10086
JDPuopolo
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 205
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcdog View Post
Ive practiced criminal defense law for 25 years, and the Postle case is not something a DA is going to be likely to take on - he or she will let civil lawsuits try and obtain money back. The reasonable doubt burden is significant when you dont have direct (but only circumstantial) proof, and the victims here arent the most important to a local DA.
Interesting. Does the fact that it was a pretty serious conspiracy involving hundreds of thousands of dollars invoice that at all?
JDPuopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 04:00 PM   #10087
SimpleRick
veteran
 
SimpleRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,432
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDPuopolo View Post
Interesting. Does the fact that it was a pretty serious conspiracy involving hundreds of thousands of dollars invoice that at all?
What's the evidence of conspiracy? As yet all you have is Mike didn't win as much when Justin was out of town. And the only evidence against Postle is circumstantial and a jury would have what they consider to be reasonable doubt about his innocence. Do you think a DA would waste time with that? Trust me the justice system doesn't care about this case. That's what civil courts are for, to remedy situations like this.

SimpleRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 04:35 PM   #10088
wilson1560
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 703
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleRick View Post
What's the evidence of conspiracy? As yet all you have is Mike didn't win as much when Justin was out of town. And the only evidence against Postle is circumstantial and a jury would have what they consider to be reasonable doubt about his innocence. Do you think a DA would waste time with that? Trust me the justice system doesn't care about this case. That's what civil courts are for, to remedy situations like this.
Other evidence should be pretty easy to obtain. Assuming Justin got a decent chunk of Mike's winnings there is very likely a trail even if Mike paid him in cash. Discovery in civil case will reveal unexplainable big purchases, credit card and banking records, etc. Plus if Justin was texting info to Mike during hands that can likely be demonstrated by subpoenaed cell phone records. Plus if Mike or justin ordered bone conducting hats or other spy stuff that will also likely show up on internet purchase records. The reason why most people get away with this kind of stuff is because no one ever takes a close look. When you have plaintiffs' lawyers tearing your life apart you are going to be pretty screwed unless you are some kind of expert money launderer.
wilson1560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:08 PM   #10089
HensonLosesLots
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 536
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1560 View Post
Other evidence should be pretty easy to obtain. Assuming Justin got a decent chunk of Mike's winnings there is very likely a trail even if Mike paid him in cash. Discovery in civil case will reveal unexplainable big purchases, credit card and banking records, etc. Plus if Justin was texting info to Mike during hands that can likely be demonstrated by subpoenaed cell phone records. Plus if Mike or justin ordered bone conducting hats or other spy stuff that will also likely show up on internet purchase records. The reason why most people get away with this kind of stuff is because no one ever takes a close look. When you have plaintiffs' lawyers tearing your life apart you are going to be pretty screwed unless you are some kind of expert money launderer.
This and in general - IT systems have logs for everything, stored locally and on servers.
HensonLosesLots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 11:19 AM   #10090
Turdzilla
veteran
 
Turdzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: From here to eternity
Posts: 2,439
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcdog View Post
Ive practiced criminal defense law for 25 years, and the Postle case is not something a DA is going to be likely to take on - he or she will let civil lawsuits try and obtain money back. The reasonable doubt burden is significant when you dont have direct (but only circumstantial) proof, and the victims here arent the most important to a local DA.
No one likes a carpetbagger. They should have retained a local attorney with good relationships with the prosecutor, law enforcement, and judges.

The fact that it is poker related has little to do with it.

They seem to believe everyone is going to apologize and write a check on their own.
Turdzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 12:42 PM   #10091
Koko the munkey
veteran
 
Koko the munkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: SWFL
Posts: 3,177
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HensonLosesLots View Post
This and in general - IT systems have logs for everything, stored locally and on servers.
This is way off-base.

Speaking as an IT professional with decades of experiences in the field, servers do not have logs for "everything". They only record what's important, and generally only what is legally mandated for auditing and compliance (e.g. credit card processing servers, healthcare, etc.), security events like privileged users logging in, and system events like boot ups, hardware errors, and maybe some application-specific events. Recording everything would mean there would essentially be a duplicate of each server stored on itself, and that is not how it works at all.

It's possible to send logs to remote servers for log analysis but you will generally only find that in large corporate environments with thousands of servers (and not that often even then, in my experience), not in a non-tech environment like a casino with a handful of boxes managed by hand.
Koko the munkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 01:12 PM   #10092
momentaryblip
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 274
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko the munkey View Post
This is way off-base.

Speaking as an IT professional with decades of experiences in the field, servers do not have logs for "everything". They only record what's important, and generally only what is legally mandated for auditing and compliance (e.g. credit card processing servers, healthcare, etc.), security events like privileged users logging in, and system events like boot ups, hardware errors, and maybe some application-specific events. Recording everything would mean there would essentially be a duplicate of each server stored on itself, and that is not how it works at all.

It's possible to send logs to remote servers for log analysis but you will generally only find that in large corporate environments with thousands of servers (and not that often even then, in my experience), not in a non-tech environment like a casino with a handful of boxes managed by hand.
Generally speaking, servers do maintain on-box logs for most services/applications running on a server, but the question is usually, how verbose are those logs. Usually the default verbosity is not great unless ticked up significantly. The other issue is that on-box logs generally rotate/roll, so you may only have the past few days or week(s) depending on, again, verbosity and log-rotation configurations. This is often remedied by forwarding the on-box logs to Splunk or similar, but as you indicated, this is highly unlikely to be the case inside a smallish independent casino's IT landscape.

Of course, some random Windows crap application is probably not going to be rotating its logs, but not sure what kind of logs exactly we'd be talking about here relevant to all the services/applications tied to these incidents. I'm sure a lot of it would be *nix based stuff though perhaps (which generally will log better/more consistently) or network device logs (which definitely don't normally last long unless you are shipping them off).
momentaryblip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 02:47 PM   #10093
Manner Please
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 193
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Most random Windows applications are not going to maintain any detailed logs, period, much less verbose/rotated/backed up logs. I'm under the impression that the streaming software used was random Windows applications, correct me if I'm wrong.

I highly doubt there's any evidence laying around. The "occam's razor" explanation for the whole debacle where an inside man just texted the info, which would leave no logs other than the text messages, which would be hard to recover and impossible if he used an end-to-end encryption app like Signal instead of plain SMS.

The lack of technology expertise in poker rooms is clearly hurting the ability to securely do live streams.

I'll say it again - the solution is a hardware device that buffers the RFID values on a 15 min delay (assuming the stream is on a 30min delay) so the booth still gets a head start on production but NOBODY has access to hole cards in real time.
Manner Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:28 AM   #10094
PrecisionPunting
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 43
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I think it is very sad that this crime is going to go unpunished. All the internet sleuthing will amount to overall a fruitless effort. This in my opinion is what was going to happen, or rather lack of a happening, the whole time. Time after time cheaters in poker have been caught and suffered 0 repercussions. I get it and definitely don’t have the solution, and I don’t see how the court of law will help in this case either. Postle is a dead horse at this point but will make it through this several hundred thousand dollars richer, having lost nothing but his credibility, which, to a swindling cheat probably never meant anything to him in the first place. In his eyes he will have gotten away with it and be back to scamming people one way or another in no time. So much for street justice, the guy is literally spending everyone’s stolen cash at slot machines. What a joke. It’s backwards that the powers at be- the casinos and gaming commission only care about covering their own skin and limiting their liability more than upholding the integrity of a game that people mistakenly trust these casinos to arbitrate. So sad.
PrecisionPunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:34 AM   #10095
PrecisionPunting
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 43
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Also I think it is terrible terrible terrible that the Live at the Bike stream will ban people just for mentioning the name Postle. What is this big brother in 1984? Why stymie people’s freedom of speech? Needless to say I doubt that dealers are allowed to talk about it either, which I understand not wanting to scare people away but that is a cop out excuse and would be way better served to talk about for example the measures that they have in place to prevent cheating, rather than remain silent and not talk about it which just makes the casino look even sketchier and has the opposite of effect making people feel safe at a card table. Worries and questions should be answered and people’s skepticisms should be assuaged. Not shunned and banned from talking about a cheater. If we can’t publicly blacklist a cheater of welcher then what the hell is anyone supposed to do about it.
PrecisionPunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:31 PM   #10096
Angry_Polak
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 72
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileymadison2345 View Post
Veronica are you still playing there? I've been straight up silenced at the table when bringing it up. About a month ago I was asked not to talk about it, I said one last thing, was threatened to have floor come over. Seems like they are willing to kick people out for bringing it up.
I have not been playing there at all. I live in San Jose now so it's easy to avoid. I know a lot of people who are suing stones and Mike still play in the room.

I hold many frustrations towards the entire situation, mainly that I can't update the public on anything new.
Angry_Polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 02:59 PM   #10097
answer20
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
answer20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Corner of Walk/Don't Walk
Posts: 8,548
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

New to the party here (and I really should read more of the previous pages) but ...

1) Could the case convert to a class action ... (maybe) ... That would make it easier to define certain levels of compensation, again maybe

2) Very hard to keep things confidential with so many people involved .. and then try to prove who leaked the information

3) Civil cases only need 7 of 12 to award damages with less burden of proof ... criminal needs 12 of 12 (See OJ)

4) Staying quiet is best for both sides since information can get stretched quickly and also may affect how the opposite side reacts to it even to the point where they can prepare counter points more effectively. GL
answer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 04:11 PM   #10098
AngusThermopyle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AngusThermopyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 乱
Posts: 14,925
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by answer20 View Post

1) Could the case convert to a class action ... (maybe) ... That would make it easier to define certain levels of compensation, again maybe



3) Civil cases only need 7 of 12 to award damages with less burden of proof ... criminal needs 12 of 12 (See OJ)


1. From my understanding, no. See rules

3. Wrong. Unless the parties stipulate otherwise, the verdict must be unanimous and must be returned by a jury of at least 6 members.

Last edited by AngusThermopyle; 01-08-2020 at 04:17 PM.
AngusThermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:07 PM   #10099
ICuRaRook
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jeff Boski
Posts: 693
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Update:
https://www.vegasslotsonline.com/new...cheating-case/
ICuRaRook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:53 PM   #10100
Angry_Polak
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 72
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

what happened to the google spreadsheet? can anyone send me a copy of it? or email it to me? angrypolakool@gmail.com

did you guys watch my latest video on how trey saw mike fold a diamond?
i'm so upset about all of this, what a scumbag mike was, and obviously there was an accomplice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJJeavp6RHo
Angry_Polak is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive