Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

View Poll Results: (Public Poll) I am siding with...
Chris Moneymaker 62 82.67%
Jason Young 13 17.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 07:17 AM   #601
<"))))><
old hand
 
<"))))><'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: formerly sqwerty12
Posts: 1,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilowatt View Post
Since Jason makes the restaurant name/location public on his Twitter profile, it's obviously not a secret.

The restaurant is The Turn in Suffern, NY.

Here is a link to the Yelp reviews:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-turn-res...nd-bar-suffern

They are very mixed.

At first glance, they look overall pretty good, with a lot of 5-star ones. However, those are only 12 reviews. The other 30 are filtered. You need to click the "30 filtered" link near the bottom-left to see the rest of the reviews.

FYI, Yelp filters reviews in order to keep out shills and competing business owners, but the filter is overaggressive and basically shuts out anyone with very little other activity on Yelp.

The filtered reviews are also mixed, but lean a lot more negative than the 12 non-filtered ones.

The consensus of the negative reviews are:

- Overpriced

- Weird idiosyncrasies with the service, especially when you first arive

- Noisy

- Portions too small


People seem to like the restaurant's look, and overall the reviews on the food taste is mixed.

It is not clear how much Jason owns of this place. It's very possible he only has a small percentage.
Thanks for that. Can you post the wine list?
<"))))>< is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #602
bundy5
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bundy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,833
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameoverjc View Post
no. The fact is you stated earlier that no one legitimate was coming forth about debts that Jason Young owed (proving he was insolvent) -
You mean solvent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameoverjc View Post
then sheets and now assani speak up for small bets as little as 1k and 8k (and only paid back 500, and assani admits JY has not kept in contact).
MM admits himself he can't find any dirt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlap View Post
His past reputation by all accounts is impecable. He has stayed in contact with the 3 guys I know he owes and is working to pay them off over a year later
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameoverjc View Post
You are so pro-chris young in this thread it's almost disgusting. You either know him in some manner, have some agenda, or are a troll. There is no way anyone who bets sports would think this is an equitable outcome for Chris.
And I think I can say the same for you that you are so pro-moneymaker
bundy5 is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #603
bundy5
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bundy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,833
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

Quote:
Originally Posted by <"))))>< View Post
Thanks for that. Can you post the wine list?
lol
bundy5 is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #604
PSUMike1999
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverboatking View Post
what in the **** relevance do the yelp reviews have to this situation???

also LOLOLOLOLOL at kilowatt nominating himself to be an impartial arbiter when he has been vocally pro CM and anti JY for the duration of this thread.

let me be perfectly clear i am not taking a side in this situation. my LOL'ing at kilowatt is not an attack on CM nor a defense of JY.
I disagree totally about your analysis of Kilowatt. At first he was very neutral and offered himself up to be an arbitrator. However, Jason stopped posting for days and didn't offer any proof towards what he was claiming. He refused to answer basic questions posed not only by Kilowatt but anybody else. In addition, a recent new claim of another welched debt by Assani just surfaced so you can see why Kilowatt is right now favoring his viewpoint towards Chris. Just my opinion but I think it is completely justified.
PSUMike1999 is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #605
MidniteToker
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 600
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Young View Post
If this would have been brought to my attention earlier it would have 100% been taken care of already
Like when he contacted you in August, you replied that you would settle in within a couple of weeks, and then didn't contact him or communicate until he raised the issue here nearly 3 months later? That's what "100% been taken care of" and "stayed in contact" means?

I think you're playing a bit fast & loose with your bets and your statements about them.
MidniteToker is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #606
gameoverjc
veteran
 
gameoverjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Online $ come to daddy
Posts: 2,761
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundy5 View Post
You mean solvent?



MM admits himself he can't find any dirt:





And I think I can say the same for you that you are so pro-moneymaker
1) No, I meant you stated no one came forth at the time proving Jason Young was insolvent, yet you were wrong, despite evidence already being posted (which you ignored again).

2) Moneymaker does not have complete list of Jason's clients, and I doubt this thread fully encompasses most people. But so far, none of the "100s" of people that can vouch for Jason has come forth. Moneymaker does not say he cannot find any dirt, in fact he goes so far in to state he is only going through with payment due to Jason's track history. It has nothing to do with all of his shady actions in the past year or so, which comically, I find part of Jason's track history as well.

3) I'm not pro Moneymaker, I'm pro not getting screwed. Too many scumbags in the poker world.
gameoverjc is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #607
TheRiverSniper
journeyman
 
TheRiverSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Your worst nightmare
Posts: 325
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned4lyfe View Post
Jason himself stated he owed money, that was never a question. Even with assani and sheets coming forward it doesn't prove Jason was insolvent at the time the bets took place (April). If the person who contacted Chris came forward and confirmed he was owed back in March/April then yeah, it would prove Jason was freerolling/scamming.

AK87 who Chris called on already stated he was owed money in October and not earlier as Chris has indicated.
The Assani revelation is a game changer and the "if the glove don't fit" moment in this case. It now proves that JY owed money as early as April and is the proof you and others required to revise your opinion. It is proof beyond a shadow of doubt that CM was being freerolled. We have a timeline now. I am beginning to understand why JY (and others) wanted to get this settled ASAP ITT. There is a lot more **** to come. A mistrial needs to be declared in this case and CM needs to cancel the deal!!! Don't pay this dbag a dime!
TheRiverSniper is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #608
Sam341
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 199
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

I wonder if JY would have found a way to log in to 2+2 and contact Assani if he had lost!
Sam341 is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #609
PSUMike1999
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam341 View Post
I wonder if JY would have found a way to log in to 2+2 and contact Assani if he had lost!
SO SO TRUE
PSUMike1999 is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #610
BulltexasATM
old hand
 
BulltexasATM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: HTown
Posts: 1,444
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

This is Turning out to to be quite the thread. There have been quite a few twists and Turns with new revelations coming out each day. Now it is my Turn to speak. Chris, don't pay that him a dime. It Turns out that he never had a bookie as he claimed and all evidence points to him being the bookie who was freerolling you. In Turn, we have had Sheets, AK87 and now Asani corroborate that he was insolvent and still hasn't paid them. I know you tried to Turn the other cheek and agreed to pay Sheets and others he owes but don't do it. With Asani's new information and timeline you need to tell Jason you now won't pay because it is irrefutable that you were being freerolled. Turn around and walk away from this situation. He may Turn into a raving lunatic when he hears this but screw him. The only thing I disagree with is the posting of his restaurants name. I think that should be redacted from this thread. Jason Turned out to be a real piece of work who can't be trusted, but you are giving anyone he owes money too an easy way to track him down. This could Turn out to be an even bigger story if that happens.
BulltexasATM is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #611
donniccolo
Pooh-Bah
 
donniccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Columbus
Posts: 5,955
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

Maybe I'm just a nit...but why the constant capitalization of the word 'turn' ?
donniccolo is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #612
deleted acct
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

It's laughable to think anyone's gonna go hurt Jason over 8k or whatever, but why exactly do you think the people he owes money to shouldn't be able to track him down if they want to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniccolo View Post
Maybe I'm just a nit...but why the constant capitalization of the word 'turn' ?
Because it's being used as part of a name.
 
Old 10-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #613
Yodas Butler
adept
 
Yodas Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Restaurant at End of the Universe
Posts: 974
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czar Chasm View Post
It's laughable to think anyone's gonna go hurt Jason over 8k or whatever, but why exactly do you think the people he owes money to shouldn't be able to track him down if they want to?



Because it's being used as part of a name.
Um WAT?!
Yodas Butler is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #614
Edgelooker1
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bulgogi and Yaki Mandu Avenue
Posts: 650
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulltexasATM View Post
The only thing I disagree with is the posting of his restaurants name. I think that should be redacted from this thread. Jason Turned out to be a real piece of work who can't be trusted, but you are giving anyone he owes money too an easy way to track him down. This could Turn out to be an even bigger story if that happens.
He made it public in an interview at Pokernews in August:

Jason Young won a World Series of Poker gold bracelet back in 2008, but has since stepped away from the game to open a restaurant named The Turn in New Jersey. He is also now a father of one with his girlfriend. Young opted to head down to Florida for the Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open $10 Million Championship Event, and was kind enough to talk with us.

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2013/0...winn-16162.htm


People waiting to be paid but had $5300 buyin money? Maybe it was staked?
Edgelooker1 is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #615
sheetsworld
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,748
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam341 View Post
Still hoping MM thinks this over again. I kinda hate how Sheets weaseled his way into the thread and obviously sided with JY even though deep down inside he probably knows JYvis in the wrong. Anything for $$
Believe me, I hate it too. I never come here really but Jason alerted me to the thread and asked if I would post here regarding my experience with him etc. I think I was as factual as possible as far as that goes.

Oh and it does not need to be deep down...I 100% know Jason is in the wrong here on many levels. As a matter of fact, I spoke to Chris about this just 2 days ago, and told him straight out that I completely sympathize with him.

However, I certainly am not going to apologize for wanting to get paid faster. I am certainly not going to say no, if Chris in fact opts to pay, and I get to see my money faster as a result of that. But I completely agree with mr newcomer sam, in absoluting HATING that I came on here, because, as I said many times, any opinion I give would be easily dismissed as being in my self interest.

I doubt, though, that any opinions in this thread changed ANYONE's mind here, as is common to these threads in general. The flushing out of the facts/timeline was really all that was relevant to settling this dispute, and even though it is still a tad murky to some people, I think it did help Jason and Chris come to some sort of understanding, assuming that happened.
sheetsworld is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #616
Edgelooker1
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bulgogi and Yaki Mandu Avenue
Posts: 650
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot regarding MM and Sheets, would Sheets be paying MM?
Edgelooker1 is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #617
Edgelooker1
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bulgogi and Yaki Mandu Avenue
Posts: 650
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

All this thread needs now is someone to come in saying Sheets owes him money and insist that MM pay him instead of Sheets, lol.
Edgelooker1 is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #618
JohnnyIllini
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 565
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

Knowing several of the players involved in this, CHRIS MONEYMAKER DO NOT PAY A CENT TO ANYONE. It is not your responsibility to be bullied by Sheets or anyone else into paying off some of JY's debts. Chris was never going to be paid, and to be freerolled into paying off some of JY's debts via online intimidation is insane.
JohnnyIllini is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #619
TheRiverSniper
journeyman
 
TheRiverSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Your worst nightmare
Posts: 325
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetsworld View Post
I doubt, though, that any opinions in this thread changed ANYONE's mind here, as is common to these threads in general. The flushing out of the facts/timeline was really all that was relevant to settling this dispute, and even though it is still a tad murky to some people, I think it did help Jason and Chris come to some sort of understanding, assuming that happened.
WTF are you talking about??? Asani's timeline indicates your boy was free rolling CM all along. And many of us do hope that this fact does change CM's mind about this whole cluster ****. And dude, you should take it down a notch. I'm not saying that you are starting to come across like a scumbug desperate for his money. But you are flirting with that line when you conveniently skip over the facts.

Last edited by TheRiverSniper; 10-30-2013 at 11:11 AM.
TheRiverSniper is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #620
lakemonster
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 73
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

So let me get this straight...

Jason Young is illegally operating a sports book or illegally an agent for a sports book.

JY used 2+2 to solicit business.

JY acquired a # of sports bettors via 2+2.

When somebody didn't pay (Moneymaker), he used the 2+2 forums as a way to pressure an individual into payment.

Lots of criminal activity here advertised in a public forum.
lakemonster is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #621
sheetsworld
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,748
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiverSniper View Post
WTF are you talking about??? Asani's timeline indicates your boy was free rolling CM all along. And many of us do hope that this fact does change CM's mind about this whole cluster ****. And dude, you should take it down a notch. I'm not saying that you are starting to come across like a scumbug desperate for his money. But you are flirting with that line when you conveniently skip over the facts.
Tough crowd
sheetsworld is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #622
sheetsworld
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,748
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyIllini View Post
Knowing several of the players involved in this, CHRIS MONEYMAKER DO NOT PAY A CENT TO ANYONE. It is not your responsibility to be bullied by Sheets or anyone else into paying off some of JY's debts. Chris was never going to be paid, and to be freerolled into paying off some of JY's debts via online intimidation is insane.
Totally agree.....If Chris does not feel he owes any money, he shouldn't pay Jason's debts.

sheets (bully)

p.s. GEE THANKS ALOT JASON FOR CALLING MY ATTENTION TO THIS THREAD AND ASKING ME TO POST WHAT I KNEW. I am going to vote 1000 times against you in the poll just for spite
sheetsworld is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #623
TheRiverSniper
journeyman
 
TheRiverSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Your worst nightmare
Posts: 325
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetsworld View Post
Tough crowd
Way to skip over the facts again. Oh and if CM is willing to pay this extortion money out, I would hope you are not the only beneficiary. Lets hope many more of JY's victims come forward to claim their piece of the settlement. There is absolutely no reason you should be first in line or get the largest slice. Why not pay off Asanni in full first????
TheRiverSniper is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #624
sheetsworld
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,748
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgelooker1 View Post
All this thread needs now is someone to come in saying Sheets owes him money and insist that MM pay him instead of Sheets, lol.
Well this is sort of what I told Chris on the phone....even if Chris did decide to pay Jason, it is not as simple as "oh ok i will just pay xyz"....because there are many others in the same boat who are owed money from Jason (like the kid who was alerted to the thread) would want to get paid sooner as well.
sheetsworld is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #625
sheetsworld
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,748
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiverSniper View Post
Way to skip over the facts again. Oh and if CM is willing to pay this extortion money out, I would hope you are not the only beneficiary. Lets hope many more of JY's victims come forward to claim their piece of the settlement. There is absolutely no reason you should be first in line or get the largest slice. Why not pay off Asanni in full first????
10000% agree with this.
sheetsworld is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive