Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

View Poll Results: (Public Poll) I am siding with...
Chris Moneymaker 62 82.67%
Jason Young 13 17.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #1526
TheRiverSniper
journeyman
 
TheRiverSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Your worst nightmare
Posts: 325
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetsworld View Post
Just wanted to let everyone here know that Chris just texted me that he is going to be donating to the charity and also coming to the event, and will be making another donation at the event.

Maybe a HU match vs Jason also! (Just kidding about that last part but the rest is true.....thanks man)
Both MM and Sheets are class acts.
TheRiverSniper is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #1527
Jason Young
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,396
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

I've played the nephcure tourney and donated in previous years- pools is a good friend of mine as well-

Will make another post later today
Jason Young is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #1528
sheetsworld
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,742
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Young View Post
I've played the nephcure tourney and donated in previous years- pools is a good friend of mine as well-

Will make another post later today
Oh yeah I completely forgot that Eric S was involved also... small world. Anyway its a good thing.
sheetsworld is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #1529
Go Get It
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Posts: 12,427
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetsworld View Post
Just wanted to let everyone here know that Chris just texted me that he is going to be donating to the charity and also coming to the event, and will be making another donation at the event.

Maybe a HU match vs Jason also! (Just kidding about that last part but the rest is true.....thanks man)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Young View Post
I've played the nephcure tourney and donated in previous years- pools is a good friend of mine as well-

Will make another post later today
HU for bookie name rollz?!?!?!?!

Last edited by Go Get It; 11-04-2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: sorry I had to. :)
Go Get It is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #1530
sheetsworld
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,742
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Pretty sure I am retiring from this thread unless I am needed somehow, though I am sure I won't be able to help myself hahaha. Damn NVG.
sheetsworld is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #1531
xalas
◄Valar Morghulis
 
xalas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The House of Black and White
Posts: 5,665
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Young View Post
I've played the nephcure tourney and donated in previous years- pools is a good friend of mine as well-

Will make another post later today
If your debt with sheets are wiped via MM charity event participation what would you think would be needed to settle matters with you and MM to put an end to these proceedings and letting both of you two to get on with your lives without further damage/drama and headaches etc. A sort two way no fault agreement?
If something positive can come out of this mess I think it would be to the both of your mutual benefits to do so, both short and long term.

I think it's great of sheets taking a sacrifice for the sake of charity in a matter for which he had no obligations to do so. again it would be good for both of you to put this to a end without and more finger pointing and name calling as I don't think things can ever be settled in that way.
xalas is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #1532
dunlap
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,828
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xalas View Post
If your debt with sheets are wiped via MM charity event participation what would you think would be needed to settle matters with you and MM to put an end to these proceedings and letting both of you two to get on with your lives without further damage/drama and headaches etc. A sort two way no fault agreement?
If something positive can come out of this mess I think it would be to the both of your mutual benefits to do so, both short and long term.

I think it's great of sheets taking a sacrifice for the sake of charity in a matter for which he had no obligations to do so. again it would be good for both of you to put this to a end without and more finger pointing and name calling as I don't think things can ever be settled in that way.

I didn't read on the thread but I know I never called jason and name and don't remember him calling me one. Other people in the thread have done most of that. Jason I tried to send you a PM to talk about closing out this situation but they are full
dunlap is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #1533
Jason Moneytaker
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 106
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

The real villain in this situation is the inherent flaws of human nature. Few have evil intent, most just fall haphazardly into the circumstances of conflict. Every person on Earth, from time to time, succumbs to their biologically-wired selfishness.

However, not nearly enough people work to absolve their past mistakes, and do the right thing. I'd like to applaud all the parties involved and apologize to Jason for my unnecessary username.
Jason Moneytaker is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #1534
andrewga
banned
 
andrewga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 201
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Moneytaker View Post
I'd like to applaud all the parties involved and apologize to Jason for my unnecessary username.
Do not apologize to anyone for your amazing username.
andrewga is offline  
Old 11-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #1535
Stinky Johnson
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 478
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

I'm late to the party here - perhaps unfortunately - I wish I'd seen the thread earlier.

I've only made it thru 3 pages and thru post #300 - so I'm skipping up to here to post - perhaps someone has already linked to the following thread:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...solved-354058/

In this thread, Moneymaker unquestionably stiffed, stalled, and ignored for one year a person he owed a prize supposedly worth 10k for a tournament which he (Moneymaker Gaming) sponsored. And the same "I was traveling", "I didn't get the messages", "I don't handle that, my assistant/associate deals with that", and "I don't owe you the money, X or Y or Z owes you the money", etc., etc.

The prizewinner is stalled for half a year and finally agrees to take 4.5k cash for what he was told was a prize package valued at 10k.

He's then stiffed on receiving the 4.5k, stalled for another 6 months and finally posts a twoplustwo thread about it.

CM was belligerent in the thread, at one point making a nasty unfunny crack about the person he owed the debt to, and then clearly lied and said "I was only kidding" when posters jumped on him about it, although there was no trace of humor in his comment.

Ultimately he was shamed into acknowledging and iIrc taking care of the debt, but it took a lot of posts and public dismay, and imo revealed his true character - he's a stiff at heart, and disreputable.
I don't think anyone can read the thread and think otherwise.

As I mentioned, don't know how this thread with JY was resolved or not at this point, nor do I know yet what further evidence if any has been presented up to this point, but I do know what I think of Moneymaker.

Last edited by Stinky Johnson; 11-05-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Stinky Johnson is offline  
Old 11-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #1536
andrewga
banned
 
andrewga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 201
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

You should read the rest of the thread.
andrewga is offline  
Old 11-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #1537
Stinky Johnson
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 478
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewga View Post
You should read the rest of the thread.
Likewise. (You should read the other thread I linked to).
Stinky Johnson is offline  
Old 11-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #1538
xalas
◄Valar Morghulis
 
xalas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The House of Black and White
Posts: 5,665
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

^I read the OP's last few post, He does not seem to be angry with CM did he show back up under a different user name?
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...1&postcount=76
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...ml#post7428662
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...&postcount=235
xalas is offline  
Old 11-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #1539
Stinky Johnson
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 478
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xalas View Post
^I read the OP's last few post, He does not seem to be angry with CM did he show back up under a different user name?
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...1&postcount=76
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...ml#post7428662
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...&postcount=235

The OP is an incredibly nice guy who was jerked around for a full year (read post #1) and put in a lot of time pursuing it, before finally posting in twoplustwo and after about 2 weeks of CM runaround with alibis, excuses, and attempts to demean the OP, CM was shamed by the public outing and got it resolved.


There were others when the thread ended who CM was aware of who hadn't received their prizes and as far as I know never did:



"12-12-2008, 11:30 AM #306
ContactGSW
grinder

ContactGSW's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 450

Re: Stiffed by Moneymaker Gaming--Now Resolved?


Is this a way of doing business thats in a secret class or something in college, like offering something on sale but when the customer gets to the store that item is sold out and only the more expensive items are left.

In this case, they offer nice prize packages then just ignore the winners. This is three sets of people now who have had identical experiences; it doesn't smack of an oversight, it seems to a purposeful tactic. Mr. Moneymaker needs to nip this in the bud, nip nip nip it."



And the following (written 1.25 years after he won 3rd place in a Moneymaker Gaming tournament and was entitled to a prize):



" 12-23-2008, 01:56 PM #313
greg k
stranger

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3

Re: Stiffed by Moneymaker Gaming--Now Resolved?


Well, no word from moneymaker. Finally got some pictures sent to us. No prize board shown but it should be clear that i took 3rd place. It appears that this thread will stay unresolved and that i will continue to be stiffed by moneymaker indefinately as the sun seems to be setting on this fiasco..."

Last edited by Stinky Johnson; 11-05-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Stinky Johnson is offline  
Old 11-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #1540
Nobel1
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 660
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Johnson View Post
I'm late to the party here - perhaps unfortunately - I wish I'd seen the thread earlier.

I've only made it thru 3 pages and thru post #300 - so I'm skipping up to here to post - perhaps someone has already linked to the following thread:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...solved-354058/
.
LOL, why was this thread closed. Was the third player legit and did he get paid?

Edit: Pretty ridic to only settle for 4,5 k( and 4k, another LOL) - a fruit basket for a 10 k price after more than 1 year and trying to blame the honest winner for it.
Nobel1 is offline  
Old 11-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #1541
xalas
◄Valar Morghulis
 
xalas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The House of Black and White
Posts: 5,665
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobel1 View Post
LOL, why was this thread closed. Was the third player legit and did he get paid?

Edit: Pretty ridic to only settle for 4,5 k( and 4k, another LOL) - a fruit basket for a 10 k price after more than 1 year and trying to blame the honest winner for it.
Op was asked about this and he gave a reply.
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...1&postcount=76

As for the CM vs JY thread it looks like soon it 'might' finally be resolved, there hasn't been an update since yesterday.
I don't see how stirring up drama from 2008 that was resolved to the OPs satisfaction is really meant to help the situation here though.
xalas is offline  
Old 11-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #1542
Nobel1
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 660
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xalas View Post
Op was asked about this and he gave a reply.
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...1&postcount=76

As for the CM vs JY thread it looks like soon it 'might' finally be resolved, there hasn't been an update since yesterday.
I don't see how stirring up drama from 2008 that was resolved to the OPs satisfaction is really meant to help the situation here though.
I already read this post, still ridic. What happened to the 3rd guy?

Sorry for OT
Nobel1 is offline  
Old 11-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #1543
joe_seboks_luck
grinder
 
joe_seboks_luck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Crushing grapes
Posts: 560
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundy5 View Post
Well actually you bring me to one crucial contention that JY makes but CM has yet to address which is a further promise by CM in this year's WSOP to make good on his debt.
This is your best post in this thread, Ted/Al.

Why?

Because for the first time, I've been able to open the thread and not have to worry about who it was that Mason Malmuth stiffed and for how much.
joe_seboks_luck is offline  
Old 11-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #1544
monikrazy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
monikrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 26,825
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Johnson View Post
I'm late to the party here - perhaps unfortunately - I wish I'd seen the thread earlier.

I've only made it thru 3 pages and thru post #300 - so I'm skipping up to here to post - perhaps someone has already linked to the following thread:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...solved-354058/

In this thread, Moneymaker unquestionably stiffed, stalled, and ignored for one year a person he owed a prize supposedly worth 10k for a tournament which he (Moneymaker Gaming) sponsored. And the same "I was traveling", "I didn't get the messages", "I don't handle that, my assistant/associate deals with that", and "I don't owe you the money, X or Y or Z owes you the money", etc., etc.

The prizewinner is stalled for half a year and finally agrees to take 4.5k cash for what he was told was a prize package valued at 10k.

He's then stiffed on receiving the 4.5k, stalled for another 6 months and finally posts a twoplustwo thread about it.

CM was belligerent in the thread, at one point making a nasty unfunny crack about the person he owed the debt to, and then clearly lied and said "I was only kidding" when posters jumped on him about it, although there was no trace of humor in his comment.

Ultimately he was shamed into acknowledging and iIrc taking care of the debt, but it took a lot of posts and public dismay, and imo revealed his true character - he's a stiff at heart, and disreputable.
I don't think anyone can read the thread and think otherwise.

As I mentioned, don't know how this thread with JY was resolved or not at this point, nor do I know yet what further evidence if any has been presented up to this point, but I do know what I think of Moneymaker.
wow just read the first couple of first pages of the last thread and MM comes off super sketchy - the guy who ended up taking the settlement would probably have been able to win more if he took it to the courts
monikrazy is offline  
Old 11-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #1545
at051182
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 80
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monikrazy View Post
wow just read the first couple of first pages of the last thread and MM comes off super sketchy - the guy who ended up taking the settlement would probably have been able to win more if he took it to the courts
Yeah lately there has a been run of big court settlements pertaining to illegal sports bets that are confirmed through text messages.

sorry i'm an idiot-you were talking about other thread

Last edited by at051182; 11-05-2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: i'm an idiot and lack reading comprehension
at051182 is offline  
Old 11-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #1546
xalas
◄Valar Morghulis
 
xalas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The House of Black and White
Posts: 5,665
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

^he is talking about the 2008 thread
xalas is offline  
Old 11-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #1547
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Jason has requested that he not have to deal with Kilowatt. He has instead asked to send me checks in the mail. I texted him my address and expect him to send the first payment immediately. I will make updates in the following manner:

1. I will update when I receive check #1, I will not be stating the exact amount or the payment plan we came up with*
2. I will NOT update each individual future payment. I will update only if he doesn't stick to the payment schedule he came up with(which was a bit vague, but I'll enforce this as fair as I can)
3. I will update when I am completely paid


*I'm not saying this only out of respect for him- I don't think its everyone's right to know his current financial situation, and all that matters is that I'm ok with the plan he set up. If he would rather me publicly state the payment plan then I can.
Assani Fisher is offline  
Old 11-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #1548
Revs
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I daydream at night
Posts: 61
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Gl Assani.

Spoiler:
Revs is offline  
Old 11-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #1549
Hitch-22
adept
 
Hitch-22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 969
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
Jason has requested that he not have to deal with Kilowatt. He has instead asked to send me checks in the mail. I texted him my address and expect him to send the first payment immediately. I will make updates in the following manner:

1. I will update when I receive check #1, I will not be stating the exact amount or the payment plan we came up with*
2. I will NOT update each individual future payment. I will update only if he doesn't stick to the payment schedule he came up with(which was a bit vague, but I'll enforce this as fair as I can)
3. I will update when I am completely paid


*I'm not saying this only out of respect for him- I don't think its everyone's right to know his current financial situation, and all that matters is that I'm ok with the plan he set up. If he would rather me publicly state the payment plan then I can.
^ Lol what possible reason could there be for that other than stalling? Paying money into an account means punching a bunch of numbers and is way less hassle than checks. He doesn't have to 'deal' with Kilowatt at all.

Jason is a shady mother****er imo.
Hitch-22 is offline  
Old 11-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #1550
xosubucknutsx
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 492
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
Jason has requested that he not have to deal with Kilowatt. He has instead asked to send me checks in the mail. I texted him my address and expect him to send the first payment immediately. I will make updates in the following manner:

1. I will update when I receive check #1, I will not be stating the exact amount or the payment plan we came up with*
2. I will NOT update each individual future payment. I will update only if he doesn't stick to the payment schedule he came up with(which was a bit vague, but I'll enforce this as fair as I can)
3. I will update when I am completely paid


*I'm not saying this only out of respect for him- I don't think its everyone's right to know his current financial situation, and all that matters is that I'm ok with the plan he set up. If he would rather me publicly state the payment plan then I can.

The fact that he has to make a payment plan for $2k after 18 months of no payment, says all that needs to be said about his financial situation.
xosubucknutsx is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive