Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

View Poll Results: (Public Poll) I am siding with...
Chris Moneymaker 62 82.67%
Jason Young 13 17.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #1476
46&2
banned
 
46&2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Guarding my $710 in Sklansky bucks
Posts: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Get It View Post
Hey this games fun. Someone do me next.


Obv rly horrible posting by the guy I quoted imo.
46&2 is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #1477
Jason Moneytaker
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 106
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Public offers to money launder sports betting proceeds seems like a fantastic idea.
Jason Moneytaker is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #1478
HotzenplOdds
adept
 
HotzenplOdds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,125
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Moneytaker View Post
Public offers to money launder sports betting proceeds seems like a fantastic idea.
Solid first post and user name.
HotzenplOdds is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #1479
PSUMike1999
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,118
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiverSniper View Post
Ted/Al/King Kong Bundy (JY's Mom),

You once asked what was the circumstantial reasons that made JY's story implausible to many of us. Simply read the posts by Kilowatt, Assani, and GameoverJC and any reasonable person would conclude that JY was busto and there was no bookie. They have pretty well covered it. Hence it was a free roll and there is no obligation on MM's part to pay this faux "bet". In addition, JY is very vague about the bookie for good reason. The limited amount of info he has disclosed does not jive with what many of us know about the traditional bookie/agent relationship. Quite honestly, he is full of **** on what he has said. Lastly, he has had 18 months to meet personally with CM to alleviate CM's concerns that this was NOT a free roll. He could have met CM in private with his phone, laptop, emails, skype's, bank statements, and betting sheets. He could have done it in private between the 2 of them. Why didnt he? Because he couldnt. The only reasonable conclusion was that he was not solvent and he had no evidence of the bookie or the "bets". And now we have the alleged Pstars story to add to the mix. The other people he owes. The restaurant/bar that he sunk his money into. The 5k poker tournament appearance. The picture is pretty clear to everyone but you and Jason.
Well put River!!!
PSUMike1999 is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #1480
Hitch-22
adept
 
Hitch-22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 969
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
05/02/2013 - DPR says "pics or it didn't happen!"
lol'd at this
Hitch-22 is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #1481
come on brotha
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 79
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlap View Post
Wish I saved my messages on Skype where Jason's boss is hounding him for the money and in other message window the guy Jason owes is telling me his boss skipped town. Even if I did save them I wouldn't post them on public forum. As for the facts, they remain the same and assanti debt corroborated with me anyway what I already knew.

I bet Jason's text messages to all the people he owes look exactly like mine, with obvious exception he outs my name to everyone. I went back and forth on to pay him for a long time because I liked him and knew he started a business that put him in bad shape.

????
come on brotha is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #1482
46&2
banned
 
46&2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Guarding my $710 in Sklansky bucks
Posts: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Moneytaker View Post
Public offers to money launder sports betting proceeds seems like a fantastic idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xalas View Post

Still delivers



Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using 2+2 Forums
46&2 is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #1483
TheyVeKilledKenny
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Seashore
Posts: 87
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameoverjc View Post
I don't see anywhere on this thread, anyone defending Chris' past actions. Stop trying to make that the case. Apparently the timeline is off, so here:

April
Jason Young couldn't pay April debt to now confirmed Assani (which was conveniently his own bet and not through bookie)

May
Moneymaker loses 14-20k in NHL/sports related bets. Figure varies from Monkeymaker/Jason's version. Jason also attests an additional 5k in online money loans to Money were made.

May
Jason Young, not being able to pay Assani 2k for whatever reason, is able to front 20k+ to his bookie for Moneymakers debt.

Summer
Jason Young invests heavily into a restaurant called The Turn, and admits this effectively ties up all his liquidity.

October
Jason Young took at least 2 more bets that won against his bookie totaling over 20k (ak 14k and sheets 7-8k). No one knows if other bets were taken and paid for that lost against this bookie.

late October?
Bookie skips town, screws Jason Young as he feels obligated to pay these guys. He initiates a payment plan and is in constant contact with all of them (according to Jason)

One year passes
- Of these two bets which were made around the time the bookie skipped whom Jason feels loyal too, only one has been apparently paid back ($500 over 1 year out of 7-8k, which equates to roughly less than $50 a month).
- ak87 did not post any info of being paid back
- Assani stated that it has been very hard to contact Jason Young and provided evidence of Jason Young being difficult to contact. He has not been paid anything back either, and apparently Jason needs to work out a payment plan with him as well.

The above is all factual according to this thread, and the ONLY part that is speculative is the existence of a bookie.
Just bolded some of your "facts" which are:

a) your opinion
b) not relevant
c) explained, and not stated, with extreme prejudice
d) partial
TheyVeKilledKenny is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #1484
come on brotha
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 79
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

cant believe i read this whole sh**

what i take out of this:
chris was freerolling jason (fact, no room to discuss this)
jason hasnt provided proof of his side of the story (chris may provide some even?), and due to some missmatchs on his story, its very likely he was freerolling chris as well.

so if both were frerolling, neither should pay, if jason wasnt, he should get paid


very interesting thread tho, such a shame what people can do... degens everywhere
come on brotha is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #1485
LostOstrich
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LostOstrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Head in the sand
Posts: 15,932
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

noise/content ratio has gone through the ceiling, guess this thread is pretty much done. Seems bizarre that MM has committed to sending $20k to charity, poor chris comes across as the sort of hapless dolt who no doubt set up standing orders to pay his lunch money to the bullies at school. Also can't fathom how anyone who's owed money by JY's "bookie" hasn't simply demanded to know the guy's name, ffs it's not the wild west. Hope assani gets paid at least.
LostOstrich is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #1486
gameoverjc
veteran
 
gameoverjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Online $ come to daddy
Posts: 2,761
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyVeKilledKenny View Post
Just bolded some of your "facts" which are:

a) your opinion
b) not relevant
c) explained, and not stated, with extreme prejudice
d) partial
Ok lawyer. It's pretty clear anyone can agree it's not possible to know if other bets are taken, and that Jason just didn't bet with people just in this thread (as evidenced by originally it just being sheets, then ak87, then much later with assani coming forth).

It's funny how you bold Assani's part about his messages and e-mails back and forth with Jason Young as being evidence of difficult as either opinion/extreme prejudice/partial, but do not bold ANY of the parts that are according to Jason such as his liquidity being tied up in a restaurant, or he fronted 20k for Moneymaker, or his bookie skips town. All these posts by Jason Young have had no, I repeat no, evidence or people to corroborate the stories meanwhile everything else I posted has been confirmed by messages/people who bet/and Jason Young himself.
gameoverjc is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #1487
Rob999
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,711
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilowatt View Post
Haven't had much time this weekend, but just responded to Assani with the info I think he needs to have Jason send the $ to me, so hopefully this will be handled soon. I will update this thread with any money I get.
Uh oh. Please tell us you're not working 110 hours a week? This could take another 2 years.
Rob999 is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #1488
SJCX
adept
 
SJCX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 919
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

LOL.....

Degen gambler loses bets and decides not to pay because the person he bet with wasn't paying others so he is sending 20k to "charity", 20k it doesn't sound like he can afford. Seems like it would have been easy to check payment history before losing the bets but I don't live in this world.

You can't make this stuff up
SJCX is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #1489
andrewga
banned
 
andrewga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 201
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCX View Post
LOL.....

You can't make this stuff up
Life is good.
andrewga is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #1490
golfnutt
banned
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,969
If MM pays, all would have been good. Who cares if JY was agent or not. Why does he even have to answer that.

Wonder how many people here know what bookies do when they don't get paid.

Do you think you can just say you think you are being freerolled and walk away?

Every bookie I know wouldn't think twice about calling an employer...repeatedly. And family members. That is why you pay them. They can't sue. Violence can backfire.

Betting and not paying has consequences. MM has painfully learned this lesson yet again.
golfnutt is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #1491
gameoverjc
veteran
 
gameoverjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Online $ come to daddy
Posts: 2,761
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
If MM pays, all would have been good. Who cares if JY was agent or not. Why does he even have to answer that.

Wonder how many people here know what bookies do when they don't get paid.

Do you think you can just say you think you are being freerolled and walk away?

Every bookie I know wouldn't think twice about calling an employer...repeatedly. And family members. That is why you pay them. They can't sue. Violence can backfire.

Betting and not paying has consequences. MM has painfully learned this lesson yet again.
I extend to you 100k credit line.
gameoverjc is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 11:47 PM   #1492
andrewga
banned
 
andrewga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 201
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameoverjc View Post
I extend to you 100k credit line.
Make sure you take pictures of your bank statement in case he thinks you are insolvent and decides not to pay.
andrewga is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #1493
donniccolo
Pooh-Bah
 
donniccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Columbus
Posts: 5,955
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THAY3R View Post
...there's a difference morally between being a degen/addict with a problem and being a scammer. Intent matters...
Fair enough, well put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Get It View Post

Obv rly horrible posting by the guy I quoted imo.
Hmm... It's horrible to state that I'm unsure of something and then to ask about it? I like how you were immediately quoted as a hypocrite. /

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Moneytaker View Post
Public offers to money launder sports betting proceeds seems like a fantastic idea.
Best post ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOstrich View Post
noise/content ratio has gone through the ceiling, guess this thread is pretty much done. Seems bizarre that MM has committed to sending $20k to charity, poor chris comes across as the sort of hapless dolt who no doubt set up standing orders to pay his lunch money to the bullies at school. Also can't fathom how anyone who's owed money by JY's "bookie" hasn't simply demanded to know the guy's name, ffs it's not the wild west. Hope assani gets paid at least.
Lol well put.

I hope this thread never dies. Someone get Jason to post more nonsense.
donniccolo is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 12:04 AM   #1494
PSUMike1999
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,118
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

I want to hear more details about Jason contacting PokerStars.

Maybe some people aren't surprised about it but with all the rumored "shady" crap that Jason was doing stiffing bets, contacting PokerStars is INSANE!!!
PSUMike1999 is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #1495
golfnutt
banned
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUMike1999 View Post
I want to hear more details about Jason contacting PokerStars.

Maybe some people aren't surprised about it but with all the rumored "shady" crap that Jason was doing stiffing bets, contacting PokerStars is INSANE!!!
MM not paying a lousy $20k that he lost and allowing it to get to that point is insane.

This sordid episode has cost him much more than that.
golfnutt is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #1496
mirage01
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,151
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Has Jason ever free rolled someone before? If not, then its not fair to make this accusation. Even if he is a bit dodgy there does not seem to be any evidence that he was never going to pay out if required..eventually.
mirage01 is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #1497
<"))))><
old hand
 
<"))))><'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: formerly sqwerty12
Posts: 1,545
Surely CM's proposal to donate $20k to charity is just CM calling JY's bluff no?

Seems an absurd way to resolve all this.
<"))))>< is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 01:09 AM   #1498
loubrown
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 28
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

there was no bookie
loubrown is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 03:17 AM   #1499
come on brotha
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 79
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

it comes down to the existence of the bookie. jason is the only person that can clear that up
come on brotha is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 05:23 AM   #1500
TheyVeKilledKenny
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Seashore
Posts: 87
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameoverjc View Post
Ok lawyer. It's pretty clear anyone can agree it's not possible to know if other bets are taken, and that Jason just didn't bet with people just in this thread (as evidenced by originally it just being sheets, then ak87, then much later with assani coming forth).

It's funny how you bold Assani's part about his messages and e-mails back and forth with Jason Young as being evidence of difficult as either opinion/extreme prejudice/partial, but do not bold ANY of the parts that are according to Jason such as his liquidity being tied up in a restaurant, or he fronted 20k for Moneymaker, or his bookie skips town. All these posts by Jason Young have had no, I repeat no, evidence or people to corroborate the stories meanwhile everything else I posted has been confirmed by messages/people who bet/and Jason Young himself.
- Am not a lawyer. Have no desire to be one, and actually, personally, despise that profession
- "everyone can agree" is not an evidence, it's logical deduction/assumption. One that I agree with, but still not an evidence or fact/factual according as you have put it
- I've bolded Assani's part and marked it as partial because there is more to the story ("case" if u want) which you have conveniently missed it (reffering to their "payment plan" and "JY willingness to resolve his debt to Assani" - according to Assani and his post)
- and about parts I haven't bold: is it then "factual according" or is it not. I haven't contested it in your first post (partially because I thought other things were more important - seeing them now I should have bolded "his bookie skipped town") and now you are the one who is saying that these are only JY statements and not factual according. So either you were wrong in your first post, or you are wrong now.


On the other note, I still can not make up my mind about Assani vs JY part of the story. Major setback for me is - did JY intentionally tried to avoid Assani in hopes that he forgets his 2 k (free money) or were there actual circumstances and real life events which made it difficult for Jason to contact Assani (his willingness to resolve this now has no influence on this)
TheyVeKilledKenny is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive