Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,444 34.94%
No 5,522 56.02%
Undecided 892 9.05%
Voters: 9858. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #4001
DonkeyFlop
banned
 
DonkeyFlop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 929
Re: the whole poker is rigged argument...

Wow, another "ZOMG online pokerz is rigged! sheeple!" with no facts, no analysis and inconsistent Shift key use. Congratulations on being the 50,000th ****** to make this thread, OP.

Cliff's: You're a loser and a bad player. The site doesn't have to be rigged to make money off of you.
DonkeyFlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #4002
Mitch Evans
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,633
Re: the whole poker is rigged argument...

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/53...=#post10161383

Quote:
how the hell am i suppose to build a bank roll when i lost it this fast. basically this is what happened.

i deposit 500 into my FT account and go play 3 60$ sit and go's i lose 2 and win one so im basically up 35$ or something. I play pretty good and i probably should of stuck to those for awhile but poker bores the **** out of me if i aint playing higher stakes because it feels like i have a 9-5 job or some **** if i play micro.

anyway i go heads up. at first nobody wants to play and im baffled by this. i go to like 5 different 100nl heads up tables and they all sit out so im thinking there afk or something i finally find a table with someone willing to play. he has 400$ in a 100 max table so im thinking this guys pretty good. so im always up for a challenge and start playing him.but anyway the point im trying to make is how do i build confidence in myself and in a certain poker site when i get horrible beats like this every time i deposit? I cant do lower limits and i refuse to. Its too boring.

<snip>

btw im not a degen or anything i dont reload after i lose it all until like a week later when im cooled down. but i got plenty of money to burn i make a great living but i just have a doom switch when it comes to poker i guess. anyone have any suggestions on what i should do? hire a coach?
No discipline. The sites aren't rigged; you're just a degenerate gambler. You play at limits that, considering your bankroll, would bust ANYONE. You're irresponsible with your money like... a degenerate gambler. Why not give your bankroll a chance to run good by playing at proper limits?
Mitch Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:12 PM   #4003
makemecool
Pooh-Bah
 
makemecool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: valuetown
Posts: 5,365
Re: the whole poker is rigged argument...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Evans View Post
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/53...=#post10161383

No discipline. The sites aren't rigged; you're just a degenerate gambler. You play at limits that, considering your bankroll, would bust ANYONE. You're irresponsible with your money like... a degenerate gambler. Why not give your bankroll a chance to run good by playing at proper limits?
he wants to play poker, not have another 9-5.

OP, you just have to have the guts to go for it. If you are ready for the big games and all the micro donks keep sucking out on you... i say go for it.

gl
makemecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:20 PM   #4004
killafawk
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 13
Re: the whole poker is rigged argument...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyFlop View Post
Wow, another "ZOMG online pokerz is rigged! sheeple!" with no facts, no analysis and inconsistent Shift key use. Congratulations on being the 50,000th ****** to make this thread, OP.

Cliff's: You're a loser and a bad player. The site doesn't have to be rigged to make money off of you.
first of all i never said i was good at poker and that has nothing to do with what i asked in the OP.

and as far as no facts open your ****ing eyes two major sites got popped with being rigged what else could you ask for ******. if two major sites rigged what makes you think pokerstars or fulltilt doesn't?
killafawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #4005
dbcooper279
old hand
 
dbcooper279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Under 23ft of water
Posts: 1,678
Re: the whole poker is rigged argument...

Quote:
Originally Posted by killafawk View Post
and as far as no facts open your ****ing eyes two major sites got popped with being rigged what else could you ask for ******. if two major sites rigged what makes you think pokerstars or fulltilt doesn't?
Superuser != rigged

The issue with AP/UB was superusers accounts, not rigged software.
dbcooper279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #4006
_Towelie_
Pooh-Bah
 
_Towelie_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 180 mans
Posts: 3,771
Re: the whole poker is rigged argument...

OP what exactly do you mean when you use the term "rigged"? You seem to be arbitrarily applying it to situations that don't warrant it. When the term "rigged" is thrown around in this forum 99% of the time it's used in reference to manipulating a site's RNG so that particular players come out losers/winners more than they're supposed to. The scandals at Absolute and UB surround "superuser" accounts that gave certain accounts the ability to see other player's hole cards.

So when you say Pokerstars is the most rigged site online what do you mean exactly?
_Towelie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #4007
Nofx Fan
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,632
Re: the whole poker is rigged argument...

This thread made my day. Donkey Flops's post was soooo lol. Thank you 2+2

I'm somewhat amazed that registration date doesn't indicate weather a person believes in rigged'ness or not.
Nofx Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #4008
TeflonDawg
Pooh-Bah
 
TeflonDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: RetiredExtremelyDangerous
Posts: 5,665
Re: the whole poker is rigged argument...

Quote:
Originally Posted by killafawk View Post
how can anyone say poker online isn't rigged when the same people who said absolute poker and ultimate bet weren't and yet look what happened to absolute poker and the last i've read ultimate bet was called out and a investigation was put into place and they were fined like 500,000 or something.

I know people want to have faith that the sites they use aren't rigged because they don't want to believe a gambling related site could possibly be rigged because they trust them with there money.

I would say pokerstars would easily be the most rigged poker site on the net and i am surprised they haven't been called out. But there based out of the country (not sure if ultimate bet and absolute poker was or how they came about getting investigated). but thats besides the point.

now that the argument of online poker not being rigged is invalid because of whats already happened to 2 major sites what makes you guys think its not happening with pokerstars or fulltilt?
STFU & RELOAD!
TeflonDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:33 PM   #4009
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,035
Re: the whole poker is rigged argument...

The riggedologist commandments thus far

Commandment 1: Thy shall ask others to prove it false

Commandment 2: Thy shall state an opinion and declare it a fact

Commandment 3: Thy shall hurl personal attacks

Commandment 4: Thy shall assume

Commandment 5: Thy hath no time to test thy theories


Good job OP at following the guidelines of your faith, ye shall be rewarded in the poker afterlife.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #4010
killafawk
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 13
Re: the whole poker is rigged argument...

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Towelie_ View Post
OP what exactly do you mean when you use the term "rigged"? You seem to be arbitrarily applying it to situations that don't warrant it. When the term "rigged" is thrown around in this forum 99% of the time it's used in reference to manipulating a site's RNG so that particular players come out losers/winners more than they're supposed to. The scandals at Absolute and UB surround "superuser" accounts that gave certain accounts the ability to see other player's hole cards.

So when you say Pokerstars is the most rigged site online what do you mean exactly?
theres that and there was another one they were "investigating" i was reading about ultimate bet. they were fined 500,000 and investigating something about them altering the gameplay outcome. ill try and look for it.
killafawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #4011
jukofyork
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jukofyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Trollstopia, UK
Posts: 11,610
Re: the whole poker is rigged argument...

Quote:
Originally Posted by killafawk View Post
theres that and there was another one they were "investigating" i was reading about ultimate bet. they were fined 500,000 and investigating something about them altering the gameplay outcome. ill try and look for it.
Please look hard and be sure not to return until you have it!

Juk

Last edited by jukofyork; 05-30-2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Sorry, couldn't help myself... :D
jukofyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #4012
_Towelie_
Pooh-Bah
 
_Towelie_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 180 mans
Posts: 3,771
Re: the whole poker is rigged argument...

Quote:
Originally Posted by killafawk View Post
theres that and there was another one they were "investigating" i was reading about ultimate bet. they were fined 500,000 and investigating something about them altering the gameplay outcome. ill try and look for it.
You should read what I wrote again b/c it doesn't sound like you're going to answer what I asked. I'm asking what you mean when you say pokerstars is rigged. In what way is it rigged?
_Towelie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #4013
Six Finger Nate
old hand
 
Six Finger Nate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,623
Re: the whole poker is rigged argument...

Dear OP,

Many of us, including myself, have been given, for whatever reason, a "Golden Account". This makes us more lucky than you at each site that we play, and allows us to win on a consistent basis. It has nothing to do with the fact that we are better at poker than you.

Many players, like yourself, are just way too good at poker to possibly lose. That is the proof that poker is rigged. Who needs fancy-schmancy mathematics or other actual evidence? The fact that you can't win is proof enough for anyone willing to look closely.
Six Finger Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #4014
Nofx Fan
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,632
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

God that's gotta be so dis-heartening to the "riggedtologist's" to have their precious threads merged into this black hole of a thread.
Nofx Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #4015
killafawk
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 13
Re: the whole poker is rigged argument...

Quote:
Dear OP,
The New Ultimate Bet Scandal


Online poker was hit with another black eye this week. Just a short time after it’s sister site, Absolute Poker was rocked by a “super user” scandal, Ultimate Bet is now involved in another cheating scandal all its own. Initial reports had surfaced in January about Ultimate Bet being a cheaters den, however the company quickly denied those rumors. Now the company is under investigation again, this time for possible software "malfunctions" a Ultimate Bet spokes person said on Friday.

This comes after the investigation over the "super user" scandal. While investigating the software coding the K.G.C. found irregularities in the way the software produced the outcome of hands suggesting the software "could easily be changed to favor certain outcomes. This is a serious software flaw". Wither or not the "flaw" was intended or not is currently now being investigated. Ultimate Bet could face heavy fines and could spark investigations on it's sister site Absolute poker if the investigations finds probable cause Ultimate Bet knew about the software flaw.
BING BAM
killafawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:19 PM   #4016
_Towelie_
Pooh-Bah
 
_Towelie_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 180 mans
Posts: 3,771
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Way to not answer my question which was designed to show you how ridiculously inconsistent you're being.
_Towelie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #4017
killafawk
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 13
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Towelie_ View Post
Way to not answer my question which was designed to show you how ridiculously inconsistent you're being.
because your quesiton is ****ing pointless. what do i think rigged means? that they change the outcome of the hand in a favorable way.

for example the tournaments and sit and gos. once they get your money and the rake from your buyin they want you out asap so you can play another game and they get more money. why would they want a ****load of people playing in a tourney all day when they can knock out **** loads of people right away in hopes they join another tourney etc etc.
killafawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:36 PM   #4018
Mitch Evans
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,633
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by killafawk View Post
because your quesiton is ****ing pointless. what do i think rigged means? that they change the outcome of the hand in a favorable way.

for example the tournaments and sit and gos. once they get your money and the rake from your buyin they want you out asap so you can play another game and they get more money. why would they want a ****load of people playing in a tourney all day when they can knock out **** loads of people right away in hopes they join another tourney etc etc.
I guess play cash games then?
Mitch Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:57 PM   #4019
_Towelie_
Pooh-Bah
 
_Towelie_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 180 mans
Posts: 3,771
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by killafawk View Post
because your quesiton is ****ing pointless. what do i think rigged means? that they change the outcome of the hand in a favorable way.
It isn't ****ing pointless because you haven't provided any evidence to suggest that kind of rigging is happening anywhere.
_Towelie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #4020
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,035
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Towelie_ View Post
It isn't ****ing pointless because you haven't provided any evidence to suggest that kind of rigging is happening anywhere.
That is not one of their belief's commandments, so why expect it?
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:14 PM   #4021
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
That is not one of their belief's commandments, so why expect it?
You should add one or two for the newest recruit. Thy shall not read the thread first. Thy shall equate player cheating with deal rigging. Thy shall make statements about the only scandal ever in online poker without knowing any of the facts.

Those three seem to come up over and over.
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:19 PM   #4022
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,131
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadebidder View Post
Thy shall make statements about the only scandal ever in online poker without knowing any of the facts.
I don't think you can call it the only scandal if you count all the small sites that steal people's money by not letting them cash out.
DMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #4023
lolapoker
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 20
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

I think its comical how the Regs on this board dismiss the AP/UB scandal as isolated, and that it really does not matter because of their low playerbases.

Are we forgetting that UB was perhaps the 2ND online poker site and used to have 90 percent of the players?

That entire situation pretty much dismissed all of the reasons you guys cited that online poker was legit.

A.) Too much to risk. - DISPROVED.
B.) Impossible to manipulate the shuffle or have users who have access to hole cards. - DISPROVED

I wonder what you tools are going to say once PokerStars criminal activity is finally exposed.

Keep daring us to come up with evidence. You don't think certain individuals are doing just that? These things take time. FBI investigations have known to last for 5+ years in order to gather the neccessary evidence.
lolapoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:38 PM   #4024
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolapoker View Post
A.) I think its comical how the Regs on this board dismiss the AP/UB scandal as isolated, and that it really does not matter because of their low playerbases.

Too much to risk. - DISPROVED.
B.) Impossible to manipulate the shuffle or have users who have access to hole cards. - DISPROVED
They were never shown to manipulate the shuffle, nor has any site ever. That's pretty much the accepted definition of rigging.

There are cheaters on every poker site, they just don't usually have access to hole cards. And sites catch and ban some cheaters regularly. There are also still cheaters who have access to some players' hole cards (but not everyone's) because they create virus/trojan software that people download unknowingly, and it transmits your screen to them and tells them when you are playing. That has nothing to do with any poker site, it's just cheaters and gullible computer users. Compromised computers are involved in all sorts of crime, from credit card number theft to full identify theft, to password stealing, etc. As an aside, I have some business knowledge of preventing that type of crime, and you can currently go to certain web sites and buy millions of valid credit card numbers for pennies each, that were stolen by software that people downloaded to their computers. There are currently bot-nets multi-million-users in size.

The security hole at UB that allowed the cheaters to see everyone's hole cards did not give them knowledge of the cards yet to come, and it didn't manipulate the deal. It was cheating, plain and simple, and UB/AB should have suffered more than they did. But it was not a systemic plan for the company to profit off it's customers, it was cheaters making money for themselves. And they played at stakes you will probably never play, so it didn't affect most players (other than the principle and integrity of the site, and I'd never play there).

Last edited by spadebidder; 05-30-2009 at 10:48 PM.
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:47 PM   #4025
T. A. Schwitters
journeyman
 
T. A. Schwitters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madison
Posts: 354
Re: the whole poker is rigged argument...

Quote:
Originally Posted by killafawk View Post
first of all i never said i was good at poker and that has nothing to do with what i asked in the OP.

and as far as no facts open your ****ing eyes two major sites got popped with being rigged what else could you ask for ******. if two major sites rigged what makes you think pokerstars or fulltilt doesn't?
One case does not necessarily affect the other. This would be akin to saying something like, "Dahmer was a murderer, so what makes you think all human beings aren't murderers?"

Also, if you are going to accuse any specific site of any specific type of cheating, then you have to define the accusation. For example, one of the common allegations in this thread is a "cash out" curse, wherein newbies are allowed to win until they cash out. This accusation has nothing at all in common with what really happened at UB.
T. A. Schwitters is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive