Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #451
drugsarebad
Pooh-Bah
 
drugsarebad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,692
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Teo's lol statement has been ripped apart by the interwebs in a matter of hours, using only info that's widely available to the public. If Notre Dame AD & PR crisis people team up and immediately schedule a presser to double down on what's already out there, or some PSU-esque stepping stone to the truth, then LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOLOOLOLOLOL OL ND.
drugsarebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #452
schu_22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
schu_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: One yard
Posts: 38,429
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Let's not forget that Manti's parents are obviously in on this as well. Absurd.
schu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #453
Zimmer4141
Wet
 
Zimmer4141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 32,645
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

So ND and Te'o are running with the line that he was the victim of a hoax?
Zimmer4141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #454
schu_22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
schu_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: One yard
Posts: 38,429
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

There is not enough popcorn on planet earth for this presser. I'm gonna pound a six pack just anticipating it.
schu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #455
schu_22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
schu_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: One yard
Posts: 38,429
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmer4141 View Post
So ND and Te'o are running with the line that he was the victim of a hoax?
Running? More like sprinting
schu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #456
iggymcfly
runs good at HORSE
 
iggymcfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 26,028
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOldSchool2 View Post
Had a roommate in college who was excited about 2 girls he "dated" over the internet. They chatted all the time in an AOL chat room (it was 1998-99ish). Until I found the photos he kept showing off on a porn site.

He also "dated" a stripper who "died in a plane crash."

Social awkwardness can make people do weird things I guess.

Of course he's married with a kid now.
This whole socially awkward Catfish thing would make a lot more sense if Manti Teo wasn't the star LB for the Notre Dame football team. I mean come on, dude could have had any one of a thousand hotties without even trying. The fact that he had a fake GF who lived across the country that he never met means either:

1) Made her up for publicity stunt

or

2) Had an online GF to cover up homosexuality who then also turned out to be a scammer who faked her own death

I'd say it's about a 99.9% chance of #1 and a 0.1% chance of #2.
iggymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #457
drugsarebad
Pooh-Bah
 
drugsarebad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,692
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Quote:
Originally Posted by schu_22 View Post
Let's not forget that Manti's parents are obviously in on this as well. Absurd.
2nd place: Cecil Newton
drugsarebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #458
BigPoppa
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BigPoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Solitary,poor,nasty, brutish, short
Posts: 22,220
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugsarebad View Post
Teo's lol statement has been ripped apart by the interwebs in a matter of hours, using only info that's widely available to the public. If Notre Dame AD & PR crisis people team up and immediately schedule a presser to double down on what's already out there, or some PSU-esque stepping stone to the truth, then LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOLOOLOLOLOL OL ND.
There's absolutely no way this doesn't happen.


They know nothing except to stonewall and pray this goes away, and large parts of the media will go along with whatever bull**** they spew. Have already seen multiple references to Te'o as the victim of the hoax and not the perpetrator.
BigPoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #459
ShimmyBasis
Pooh-Bah
 
ShimmyBasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Formerly Etats
Posts: 4,507
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Have Te'o's parents claimed to have met her?
ShimmyBasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #460
SirOsis
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SirOsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cowboy territory with no sheriff
Posts: 29,516
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

This presser is clearly going to be a frustrating disaster. "The Notre Dame family was the victim of an online hoax, which is being thoroughly investigated. We are looking forward to the future. Goodnight."
SirOsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #461
72off
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
72off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WATZ POPPIIN!!
Posts: 61,961
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmer4141 View Post
So ND and Te'o are running with the line that he was the victim of a hoax?
play dumb, back him, hope it just goes away while they "investigate".

maybe they'll get lucky and there's no proof that they knew for sure she was fake.
72off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #462
BigPoppa
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BigPoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Solitary,poor,nasty, brutish, short
Posts: 22,220
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymcfly View Post

1) Made her up for publicity stunt

or

2) Had an online GF to cover up homosexuality who then also turned out to be a scammer who faked her own death

I'd say it's about a 99.9% chance of #1 and a 0.1% chance of #2.
I'd guess there's a possibility that he was really depressed over his grandmother passing away, and no one was acting like it was a big deal. So on the spur of the moment he made up the fake gf death to get attention, not knowing it would become some massive thing.

This could be combined with having fake gf to cover up being gay.
BigPoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #463
schu_22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
schu_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: One yard
Posts: 38,429
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

OH MY GOD ESPN GET CHIP KELLY OFF MY SCREEN
schu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #464
ut2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ut2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Religion in the fack killed my soul
Posts: 38,732
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymcfly View Post
This whole socially awkward Catfish thing would make a lot more sense if Manti Teo wasn't the star LB for the Notre Dame football team. I mean come on, dude could have had any one of a thousand hotties without even trying. The fact that he had a fake GF who lived across the country that he never met means either:

1) Made her up for publicity stunt

or

2) Had an online GF to cover up homosexuality who then also turned out to be a scammer who faked her own death

I'd say it's about a 99.9% chance of #1 and a 0.1% chance of #2.
iggy bringing the heat lately. chances that Manti is 100% the victim is next to zero.

ND treating everyone like idiots is funny.
ut2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #465
SirOsis
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SirOsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cowboy territory with no sheriff
Posts: 29,516
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmyBasis View Post
Have Te'o's parents claimed to have met her?
I think Papa Teo claimed to have talked to her on the phone
SirOsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #466
JDL
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 127
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Quote:
ND AD Jack Swarbrick will address T'eo dead girlfriend hoax at 8 p.m. WNDU will carry it live on air, and on-line at WNDU.COM.
If you can't watch ESPN for whatever reason. (WNDU is the South Bend NBC affiliate)
JDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #467
randominternet2345
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

iggy is right (although I would love to get 1000-1 on the gay part)

he doesn't come across as socially awkward in those interviews, where is this idea coming from?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #468
Ray Horton
banned
 
Ray Horton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: how far we done fell
Posts: 26,879
Re: Manti Teo: ruh roh

Quote:
Originally Posted by schu_22 View Post
LOL ESPN

They still think that Chip Kelly to the NFL is the biggest story of the day. Once again being butthurt that Deadspin is 10x the media outlet that they are and that they weren't first to report the story. They're probably in some corporate meeting room trying to come up with a way to take credit for the story as we speak.
You're absolutely right that this is LOL ESPN. But it's not b/c they're upset they didn't break the story. This is a story they never wanted. This is the Mouse that employs Rick Reilly and Tom Rinaldi and Mike Breen. Their candyasses just can't handle this kind of real world ****ed up ****.

EDIT: Catching up with thread; not surprised to see they sat on it/tried to hide it?
Ray Horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #469
barrymanilow
journeyman
 
barrymanilow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: this must be the place
Posts: 362
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

For people like me who don't follow college football, exactly how big a deal did they make of this during the season/before the BCS championship, etc? Like you couldn't get away from it?
barrymanilow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #470
DrOldSchool2
veteran
 
DrOldSchool2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Flyover Country
Posts: 2,537
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymcfly View Post
This whole socially awkward Catfish thing would make a lot more sense if Manti Teo wasn't the star LB for the Notre Dame football team. I mean come on, dude could have had any one of a thousand hotties without even trying. The fact that he had a fake GF who lived across the country that he never met means either:

1) Made her up for publicity stunt

or

2) Had an online GF to cover up homosexuality who then also turned out to be a scammer who faked her own death

I'd say it's about a 99.9% chance of #1 and a 0.1% chance of #2.
Oh I agree, this whole story of Te'o is BS. There's far more ways to talk/track who is on the other end that didn't exist in my roommate example. All of which seem to be missing here. Skype/Facetime? Facebook?

Just saying if he wants to try to play the "hoax" angle to the very end, the next step would be the timid/shy around girls thing - leading him to be fooled, even though they would be tossing themselves at his feet as he walked down the hall to class. It's BS too, but why stop now?
DrOldSchool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #471
BigPoppa
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BigPoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Solitary,poor,nasty, brutish, short
Posts: 22,220
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrymanilow View Post
For people like me who don't follow college football, exactly how big a deal did they make of this during the season/before the BCS championship, etc? Like you couldn't get away from it?
HUGE HUGE HUGE deal.


Te'o almost won the Heisman based on overcoming such tragedy.
BigPoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #472
Zimmer4141
Wet
 
Zimmer4141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 32,645
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Zimmer4141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #473
Bigdaddydvo
King of the Politics Forum
 
Bigdaddydvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ^ ND Football jobs better than him
Posts: 20,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppa View Post
I'd guess there's a possibility that he was really depressed over his grandmother passing away, and no one was acting like it was a big deal. So on the spur of the moment he made up the fake gf death to get attention, not knowing it would become some massive thing.

This could be combined with having fake gf to cover up being gay.
Fake GF to cover up being gay, if legit, gets Te'o instant sympathy iyam.
Bigdaddydvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #474
horrorshow83
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: best wishes to jermichael finley
Posts: 6,304
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

I'm just happy Lennay isn't around to face this embarrassment.
horrorshow83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #475
WhiteGoose
confirmed loose
 
WhiteGoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,158
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Have any of you actually ever HAD a girlfriend?

They lie all the ****ing time. Girls hate guys and it's a mystery to me why they even date guys. They lie lie lie LIE LIE LIE ALL THE TIME.

Manti surely actually had this girlfriend, but to get away from him, she made up a lie that she died. She got a friend or whatever to tell Manti that she died. This is SO typical of girls and reading through the thread and articles I am 100% this is what happened.

Manti was yet another victim of a woman who can't get her **** straight and LIED to a man who loved her.
WhiteGoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive