Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #101
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerXanadu View Post
This is one network (PPN) with multiple skins and just one cashier for all. You have to register for a user account just once, and then can use it on any of the skins (except maybe pokeroomUSA - still waiting for an answer from support on that one).

It is not like PIV, where you have one account to play on several different poker networks.
Forgive my nit picking but we have come to think of skins as separate companies offering to play in a pool of players from various skins all playing in the same events. It is more accurate to say PPN has a number of poker rooms which have different themes, all accessible from a central account. This is much the same way other gaming sites have access to other games, such as casino games and slots, in addition to a poker room.
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #102
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: New PPN Leaderboard Opens

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
[
The Bonus page linked to the home page of the website shows this:

Leader Board Position
1st Place 100
2nd Place 75
3rd Place 50
4th Place 25
5th Place 10

Is this a third leaderboard? Are these cash prizes or just additional points awarded? If not for cash, what are these points good for? Incidentally, I noticed that the poker pros points on this page are calculated differently from the way the raked hands leaderboard points are calculated.
Hey Gio

i still haven't seen an answer to this one
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #103
cjc2
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 332
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerXanadu View Post
Can't they just make it behave like a normal program?

Does EVERYTHING on PPN have to be queer (in the original sense of the word)?
cjc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:27 AM   #104
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc2 View Post
Can't they just make it behave like a normal program?

Does EVERYTHING on PPN have to be queer (in the original sense of the word)?
I sympathize. I had a short stint with True Poker a couple of years ago and i considered it the most primitive aspiring program i had played. I took another look recently and was impressed that they now have a very solid look and play characteristics. Hopefully PPN will get there too. We pioneering players have a rare opportunity to shape how that develops with our imput, if we have the patience.

That said, I wouldnt' blame you for bugging out when it suits your bankroll to do so. After awhle I didn't care much about that warning window. I do keep my antivirus program up to date though.
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:00 AM   #105
PokerXanadu
Commander X-2
 
PokerXanadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,583
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

A bug (or missing feature):

The WSOP tab shows only the final WSOP tournament and not any of the qualifiers.
PokerXanadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #106
groo
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: around the bend
Posts: 877
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post
Groo, All the suggested ideas posted here were taken into consideration, we were just limited to what we could say or respond to here at 2+2 until we started advertising with them.


Gio
That is one of the variety of reasons that I alluded to. Despite the frustrations, your efforts are appreciated.
groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #107
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
I didn't see the $100 freeroll today. Are you no longer running that one every week?
How about an answer to this one Gio, or do my questions not count?
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #108
PokerXanadu
Commander X-2
 
PokerXanadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,583
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

^ I see the $100 freeroll under Scheduled/Freeroll for 4/22 at 20:00.
PokerXanadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:02 AM   #109
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerXanadu View Post
^ I see the $100 freeroll under Scheduled/Freeroll for 4/22 at 20:00.
the quoted portion was posted last week, i thought that was long enuf to wait for an answer
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #110
MrEleganza
old hand
 
MrEleganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: U. Meyer's sad pizza, now happy.
Posts: 1,828
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
It is a little confusing that their are multiple skins on PPN, one of which is called PPNpoker.eu For the immediate future all you need to know is that PPNpoker.eu is the only skin anyone is playing on.
Wait, so the skins have separate player pools?
MrEleganza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:30 AM   #111
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleganza View Post
Wait, so the skins have separate player pools?
anyone in the PPN network can move money into any of the poker rooms (the live dealer room and perhaps one more are not yet online) after downloading the program for the desired room(s) but you can't run more than one poker room at a time.Therefore it is the same pool of players potentiallly. i downloaded the cheap seats room and visited it several times but never found another player there. Everyone is playing in the PPN poker room, so in practice it is the same pool.

It is more like belonging to a resort with several swimming pools. You can swim in any one of them, but of course cannot swim in two pools at the same time. For some strange reason everyone goes to the pool that the hot chicks like. Go figure.
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:43 AM   #112
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
the quoted portion was posted last week, i thought that was long enuf to wait for an answer
The $100 sunday freeroll is now appearing on the list for next sunday as "announced". I will now assume the identity of Gio and make the following announcement:

"I'm sorry i totally ignored Indy's question but since it looks like the $100 freeroll will be running for two consecutive weeks I'm guessing that the week it was missing was just a glitch. Oops, did I just admit to a glitch? Let's just pretend it didn't happen."

Last edited by IndyJones; 04-24-2012 at 02:50 AM.
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:08 AM   #113
MrEleganza
old hand
 
MrEleganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: U. Meyer's sad pizza, now happy.
Posts: 1,828
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
The $100 sunday freeroll is now appearing on the list for next sunday as "announced". I will now assume the identity of Gio and make the following announcement:

"I'm sorry i totally ignored Indy's question but since it looks like the $100 freeroll will be running for two consecutive weeks I'm guessing that the week it was missing was just a glitch. Oops, did I just admit to a glitch? Let's just pretend it didn't happen."
Yes it definitely ran this past Sunday, 'cause I won it.
MrEleganza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:44 AM   #114
georgebushda3rd
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 634
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

This is utter B.S. comon you guys if you really want PPN to take off then stop signing up for the freerolls only I wanted to play tonite and there was noone there so i look around 30 ppl signed up for a freeroll 23 for the next day I mean WTF are these non depositing players the freerolls should only be for depositing players comon GIO theres no way ppn can survive for long if this continues lets stop the free freerolls and make these people deposit!!
georgebushda3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:02 AM   #115
MrEleganza
old hand
 
MrEleganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: U. Meyer's sad pizza, now happy.
Posts: 1,828
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgebushda3rd View Post
This is utter B.S. comon you guys if you really want PPN to take off then stop signing up for the freerolls only I wanted to play tonite and there was noone there so i look around 30 ppl signed up for a freeroll 23 for the next day I mean WTF are these non depositing players the freerolls should only be for depositing players comon GIO theres no way ppn can survive for long if this continues lets stop the free freerolls and make these people deposit!!
Lol, so you're saying you think people would deposit just to get into depositors-only freerolls? Even though only 36 people signed up for the $100 freeroll I played in with no such requirement?

Yeah, it's totally the freerolls that are behind their lack of a player base.

Also, you know what's cool and fun sometimes? Punctuation.
MrEleganza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #116
Highfish
adept
 
Highfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 814
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Is there any significant NL games traffic?
Highfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #117
georgebushda3rd
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 634
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleganza View Post
Lol, so you're saying you think people would deposit just to get into depositors-only freerolls? Even though only 36 people signed up for the $100 freeroll I played in with no such requirement?

Yeah, it's totally the freerolls that are behind their lack of a player base.

Also, you know what's cool and fun sometimes? Punctuation.
Ok Punctuation Professor I will do just bc you say so
georgebushda3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #118
georgebushda3rd
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 634
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfish View Post
Is there any significant NL games traffic?
No because everyone is signing up for the free freerolls so why would they signup or deposit to try the paid games??
georgebushda3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #119
groo
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: around the bend
Posts: 877
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfish View Post
Is there any significant NL games traffic?
depends on what you call significant. on occasion i get 2 tables open at the same time, usually it'll be heads up on one and 3-4 players on the other. i don't think many would call this 'significant traffic'. however, if you're looking for a little fun and if you like the idea of helping a u.s. facing site with quick withdrawals get started, you might enjoy playing here. i mean, really, if the traffic double twice, it still won't be 'significant' but it would be a nice start.....
groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #120
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Our second weekly Raked Hands Leaderboard winners are now posted in the tournaments at PPN.

Congrats to:

TheExpress
Danger1
IndyJones
RiverWalker
ProMike
skunkybud
decker5
Wileycoyote
rstiltskin
blondebomber
nvazga
SlySpy
Wayne45
Must8Fish
DocMicro
Lindy731
ericnnancy
9D-47D1-8827
128tlr
RIKID3
Dekay
Ikillu
genneus
Charlie693
ThePhantom


All the WSOP qualifiers are reloaded into the system and under the WSOP Tournament Tab. Lets start playing these games we want to send players to the WSOP.

Gio
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #121
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfish View Post
Is there any significant NL games traffic?
Hello Highfish,

We are trying very hard to build the liquidity of players but we really need the help of players to get this done.

We are at a catch22 type situation right now. We need liquidity to attract more players but the players don't want to deposit and play when they see no liquidity.

We are doing freerolls to encourage the freeroll winners to play on the ring games so others will see the activity and join.

We have bonuses and Leaderboards that are really pretty good and we are giving away 1 main event seat and 5 1K seats to the WSOP if people will just play the games for them.

So to answer your question on some days at some times we have a few cash tables running but we really need the traffic to pick up to survive. That is why your help is critical to our success .
Gio
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #122
MrEleganza
old hand
 
MrEleganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: U. Meyer's sad pizza, now happy.
Posts: 1,828
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post
Hello Highfish,

We are trying very hard to build the liquidity of players but we really need the help of players to get this done.

We are at a catch22 type situation right now. We need liquidity to attract more players but the players don't want to deposit and play when they see no liquidity.

We are doing freerolls to encourage the freeroll winners to play on the ring games so others will see the activity and join.

We have bonuses and Leaderboards that are really pretty good and we are giving away 1 main event seat and 5 1K seats to the WSOP if people will just play the games for them.

So to answer your question on some days at some times we have a few cash tables running but we really need the traffic to pick up to survive. That is why your help is critical to our success .
Gio
Which I am doing now. Come one, come all! Table "Amsterdam" .05/.10!

Also Gio, a couple of your skins are giving away 1k WSOP seats to Ladies'/Seniors events. I'm not sure it's a good idea to have giveaways that automatically preclude what is likely a majority of your player base. I for one am neither a senior nor a laaaady, but I'd like to try to qualify to a 1k WSOP event.
MrEleganza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #123
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post
Our second weekly Raked Hands Leaderboard winners are now posted in the tournaments at PPN.

Congrats to:

TheExpress
Danger1
IndyJones
Gio
So this means that the leaderboard page does not give us a way to track our position on the weekly leaderboard we just have to wait for you to tell us when it's over? oops i put a question mark, as if i would get an answer.
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #124
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleganza View Post
Which I am doing now. Come one, come all! Table "Amsterdam" .05/.10!

Also Gio, a couple of your skins are giving away 1k WSOP seats to Ladies'/Seniors events. I'm not sure it's a good idea to have giveaways that automatically preclude what is likely a majority of your player base. I for one am neither a senior nor a laaaady, but I'd like to try to qualify to a 1k WSOP event.
There are 3 other 1K seats being given away at PPNpoker, Manical Poker and Lounge Lizard as well as the Main Event seat. No restrictions there.

Gio
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #125
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
So this means that the leaderboard page does not give us a way to track our position on the weekly leaderboard we just have to wait for you to tell us when it's over? oops i put a question mark, as if i would get an answer.
Indy, the list on the Poker Pros Network website is updated daily. Right now it reflects up to date totals dating back to Feb 15th. As of May 1st we will clear it and post Weekly and Monthly only.

Gio
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive