Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #3376
Kenneth Bania
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 668
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3 fact0 View Post
what happened to the nightly $4K PLO8 MTT? I don't see it in the lobby...
could of been part of the power hour....which ended yesterday i believe
Kenneth Bania is offline  
Old 12-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #3377
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3 fact0 View Post
what happened to the nightly $4K PLO8 MTT? I don't see it in the lobby...
Like Kenneth said.. it was part of the Power Hour tournament promotion that concluded yesterday.
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 12-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #3378
DuckSauce
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DuckSauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: scottsdale
Posts: 9,417
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

If i get dced for 5 seconds id appreciate not being removed from the table immediately and being unable to rejoin it for 5 minutes thanks.
DuckSauce is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 03:37 AM   #3379
rakeme
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rakeme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,715
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Any update on getting a secure login system/token? For example, every time you log in you must enter a code that gets sent to your cell phone.
rakeme is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 03:57 AM   #3380
d3 fact0
Pooh-Bah
 
d3 fact0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: BtGB
Posts: 4,156
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
Like Kenneth said.. it was part of the Power Hour tournament promotion that concluded yesterday.
oh that sucks, I didn't realize that this was a part of a promotion. Would be great if Bovada made the $4K plo8 mtt @ 21:50 est a regular thing. Pretty sure that not once has the $4K guaranteed amount has not been met.
d3 fact0 is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #3381
dark_horse
veteran
 
dark_horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ride th'snake
Posts: 2,790
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckSauce View Post
If i get dced for 5 seconds id appreciate not being removed from the table immediately and being unable to rejoin it for 5 minutes thanks.
Draconian for sure.
dark_horse is offline  
Old 12-18-2013, 02:48 AM   #3382
dark_horse
veteran
 
dark_horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ride th'snake
Posts: 2,790
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Longstanding bug:

I sit out and miss two rounds of blinds. I know that if I miss a third I will be kicked off the table. Before my BB hits, I click sit in. I have auto-post unchecked so that it doesn't post me till my natural big blind.

The previous hand ends, and the client asks me if I want to post. I click the "wait for big blind" button, and check auto-post blind so that it will post for me when my natural blinds hits.

A hand or two later the big blind gets to me, but instead of posting my blind it sits me out and kicks me off the table.

Last edited by dark_horse; 12-18-2013 at 02:56 AM.
dark_horse is offline  
Old 12-18-2013, 03:05 AM   #3383
Wardan
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 133
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

not to mention the "wait for bb" box magically getting unclicked. and if you are unfortunate enough to have auto post clicked as well, it will post you from wherveer you are...like taking money right off my stack.
Wardan is offline  
Old 12-18-2013, 03:32 AM   #3384
drexah
Pooh-Bah
 
drexah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: boston
Posts: 5,958
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

i also was unable to open bovada on a macbook pro with most recent software updates and dld from site and it says this mac is unable to open bovada.
drexah is offline  
Old 12-18-2013, 05:19 AM   #3385
dragonfang1
banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 186
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

points to cash if possible. do not like playing sng or mtt with tickets.
dragonfang1 is offline  
Old 12-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #3386
rponeal
grinder
 
rponeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: floating in space
Posts: 608
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

I've received funds in my account on 3 separate occasions with no indication as to why. The account history doesn't show the deposits and the balances do not initially match.

I can only assume they are from one of the promotions I've opted in, but you would think that there would be an email or that it would show up on the history.
Or, is there some sort of automatic deposit bonus or rakeback/reward on bovada?

My concern is that there is some sort of error that causes problems when cashing out.
rponeal is offline  
Old 12-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #3387
rponeal
grinder
 
rponeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: floating in space
Posts: 608
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

To add:

The amounts do not match up with the Holiday gift / I have not received any emails.
rponeal is offline  
Old 12-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #3388
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeme View Post
Any update on getting a secure login system/token? For example, every time you log in you must enter a code that gets sent to your cell phone.
Not at this time, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3 fact0 View Post
oh that sucks, I didn't realize that this was a part of a promotion. Would be great if Bovada made the $4K plo8 mtt @ 21:50 est a regular thing. Pretty sure that not once has the $4K guaranteed amount has not been met.
From what I saw just following the lobbies, the power hour mtts did quite well.. and I'm sure this won't be overlooked by the network. I'll pass along the support for the plo8 and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horse View Post
Longstanding bug:

I sit out and miss two rounds of blinds. I know that if I miss a third I will be kicked off the table. Before my BB hits, I click sit in. I have auto-post unchecked so that it doesn't post me till my natural big blind.

The previous hand ends, and the client asks me if I want to post. I click the "wait for big blind" button, and check auto-post blind so that it will post for me when my natural blinds hits.

A hand or two later the big blind gets to me, but instead of posting my blind it sits me out and kicks me off the table.
Ok thanks, I'll pass this along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardan View Post
not to mention the "wait for bb" box magically getting unclicked. and if you are unfortunate enough to have auto post clicked as well, it will post you from wherveer you are...like taking money right off my stack.
Haven't heard of this happening in quite some time. When/if it happens again, could you please take down the hh number and your player number and pm it to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexah View Post
i also was unable to open bovada on a macbook pro with most recent software updates and dld from site and it says this mac is unable to open bovada.
Ok thanks. I'll pass it along on my end, and if you could let support know.. they might be able to walk through a few steps to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfang1 View Post
points to cash if possible. do not like playing sng or mtt with tickets.
The network switched from points to cash a few years ago. I can pass along a suggestion for more options.. but can't promise anything would come from it. You can also email support and ask them to suggest more options for your points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rponeal View Post
I've received funds in my account on 3 separate occasions with no indication as to why. The account history doesn't show the deposits and the balances do not initially match.

I can only assume they are from one of the promotions I've opted in, but you would think that there would be an email or that it would show up on the history.
Or, is there some sort of automatic deposit bonus or rakeback/reward on bovada?

My concern is that there is some sort of error that causes problems when cashing out.
You can log into your operator's website, at the top right click accounts > statements > bonus statements. That might give you an answer. If not, you can always email support.
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 12-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #3389
kahntrutahn
Minbet Millionaire
 
kahntrutahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: some old poker player on da beach
Posts: 8,053
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rponeal View Post
I've received funds in my account on 3 separate occasions with no indication as to why. The account history doesn't show the deposits and the balances do not initially match.

I can only assume they are from one of the promotions I've opted in, but you would think that there would be an email or that it would show up on the history.
Or, is there some sort of automatic deposit bonus or rakeback/reward on bovada?

My concern is that there is some sort of error that causes problems when cashing out.

Bovada/Bodog give out random 2 figure gifts to certain accounts based on internal metrics. Be happy, it's free money


There is an automatic initial deposit bonus. There is no rakeback.


--
Kahn
kahntrutahn is offline  
Old 12-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #3390
suiteddeuces
2009 2+2 HUPLO8 Champ
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 785
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
From what I saw just following the lobbies, the power hour mtts did quite well.. and I'm sure this won't be overlooked by the network. I'll pass along the support for the plo8 and others.
Thanks for this! As another PLO8 player, we very much appreciate the time and attention given to this. Now that Merge cut their bi-weekly $109 MTT as of a few months ago, we pretty much have nothing in terms of midstakes MTTs, aside from your weekly $50, $7k GTD. Let's hope the daily $50 can be a regular thing!
suiteddeuces is offline  
Old 12-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #3391
dark_horse
veteran
 
dark_horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ride th'snake
Posts: 2,790
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
The network switched from points to cash a few years ago. I can pass along a suggestion for more options.. but can't promise anything would come from it. You can also email support and ask them to suggest more options for your points.
If you can use points for tourney entries, how about using points for cash game buy-ins that you cannot cash out, a'la slot bonus for bus riders.
dark_horse is offline  
Old 12-19-2013, 03:26 AM   #3392
frankpark9
adept
 
frankpark9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ionlyflyfirstclass.com
Posts: 1,031
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

anyone know how the rake works on bodog? say if i have 1000 players points. how much have i raked?
frankpark9 is offline  
Old 12-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #3393
ReasonableDoubt
centurion
 
ReasonableDoubt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 103
Hey Ice,

Just curious...will you guys be running sattys for the WSOP Main when that time of the year rolls around?
ReasonableDoubt is offline  
Old 12-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #3394
kahntrutahn
Minbet Millionaire
 
kahntrutahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: some old poker player on da beach
Posts: 8,053
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankpark9 View Post
anyone know how the rake works on bodog? say if i have 1000 players points. how much have i raked?

http://poker.bovada.lv/getting-started/poker-points


--
Kahn
kahntrutahn is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #3395
dark_horse
veteran
 
dark_horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ride th'snake
Posts: 2,790
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
I agree.. I passed along a suggestion (well, djk's suggestion) from a few months ago about making it so that if a player is disconnected, they are simply sat out so that they aren't removed from the table until the normal sit out rule (before being removed from the table) comes into play.
Any update with this from August? I've been experiencing disconnects today for no apparent reason, with the same symptoms as OP.
dark_horse is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #3396
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horse View Post
Any update with this from August? I've been experiencing disconnects today for no apparent reason, with the same symptoms as OP.
They've been fully aware of the disconnect problems for the past 2 years specifically, and going back to 2005 as far as I know. They are either unwilling or unable to resolve the issues.
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #3397
dark_horse
veteran
 
dark_horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ride th'snake
Posts: 2,790
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
They've been fully aware of the disconnect problems for the past 2 years specifically, and going back to 2005 as far as I know. They are either unwilling or unable to resolve the issues.
Pretty cool. Has anyone found any steps to at least reduce the risk of a disconnect?
dark_horse is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #3398
deleted acct
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Why don't you guys take collusion seriously? It's the single most important thing you can do when all of your players are anonymous, yet when I catch people red handed:

[IMG]http://s7.************/a0p6tf8rf/Tournament_3817772_Collusion.jpg[/IMG]

Your support ignores my initial email for two weeks, finally replies after repeated emails saying they'll "look into it," but never does anything? When I ask for updates they tell me they won't share the results due to confidentiality. Is that a joke? Everyone is anonymous! Who's confidentiality are they protecting??? It's an obvious ploy to sweep collusion under the rug because I suppose rake is all they care about.

They also claim they "can't send me my hand histories" from the final table (total BS, someone could if they really wanted to, but they'd rather sweep this under the rug) because it is longer than 7 days since the incident. Well maybe if they replied to my first email about it instead of ignoring me for 2 weeks I could have known that rule in time. I am so livid, disgusted, and really disappointed with Bovada... I thought you guys were the best and introduced lots of friends to your network. Now unfortunately I have no choice but to steer everyone away. I won't watch my friends get cheated on a site with no protection that sweeps collusion reports under the rug and ignores the best interests of their customers.
 
Old 12-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #3399
kahntrutahn
Minbet Millionaire
 
kahntrutahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: some old poker player on da beach
Posts: 8,053
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankpark9 View Post
looking for bovada rakeback. pm me
Just like the other thread answered, there is no rakeback on Bovada. The penalty for such a thing is expulsion from the program and loss of one's entire book of business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czar Chasm View Post
Why don't you guys take collusion seriously? It's the single most important thing you can do when all of your players are anonymous, yet when I catch people red handed:


Your support ignores my initial email for two weeks, finally replies after repeated emails saying they'll "look into it," but never does anything? When I ask for updates they tell me they won't share the results due to confidentiality. Is that a joke? Everyone is anonymous! Who's confidentiality are they protecting??? It's an obvious ploy to sweep collusion under the rug because I suppose rake is all they care about.

They also claim they "can't send me my hand histories" from the final table (total BS, someone could if they really wanted to, but they'd rather sweep this under the rug) because it is longer than 7 days since the incident. Well maybe if they replied to my first email about it instead of ignoring me for 2 weeks I could have known that rule in time. I am so livid, disgusted, and really disappointed with Bovada... I thought you guys were the best and introduced lots of friends to your network. Now unfortunately I have no choice but to steer everyone away. I won't watch my friends get cheated on a site with no protection that sweeps collusion reports under the rug and ignores the best interests of their customers.

The rules for downloading hand histories have always been 7 days, no exceptions. It is unfortunate that you did not know this.

If you search this thread and the Bovada thread, as well as other online public forums, you will find many instances where players had money returned to them for collusion. Bovada does care, does catch players, and does reimburse players for cheating.

Online poker security departments don't share details of investigations with players. That happens at Bodog/Bovada, and every other poker site/network around all the way from the mighty Pokerstars down to the lowliest of newbie networks.


--
Kahn
kahntrutahn is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #3400
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czar Chasm View Post
They also claim they "can't send me my hand histories" from the final table (total BS, someone could if they really wanted to, but they'd rather sweep this under the rug) because it is longer than 7 days since the incident. Well maybe if they replied to my first email about it instead of ignoring me for 2 weeks I could have known that rule in time.
Why didn't you download the hand histories yourself? The second you thought you were being cheated you should have written down hand histories/tourney # and then gone back in 24 hours later to look at the hole cards. Waiting 7 days to do this seems very odd unless you didn't know that Bovada had hand histories at all, which is another issue altogether.
XaQ Morphy is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive