Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #3276
Land Speed Record
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 19
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

^Same here
Land Speed Record is offline  
Old 11-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #3277
riffraff29
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 17
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Hi,

I emailed Bodog support (eninfo@bodogasia.com) twice in the last week and have received no response, which is unusual as they are usually very quick to reply.

So I decided to try talking to someone on live chat but got the error message 'Sorry, our Live Chat service is unavailable at this time. We'll be back online shortly. In the meantime please email your inquiries to our Customer Service Team at eninfo@bodogasia.com.'

Has anyone been able to get in contact with Bodog Asia in the last week or so? Or know any other way of contacting them?

Thankyou
riffraff29 is offline  
Old 11-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #3278
Nooo Whammy
journeyman
 
Nooo Whammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 203
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

I love the new daily dose tourneys, just some amazing tourneys in there that I would love to see remain permanently on the schedule (6 max and 10k 10 min levels would be great additions right there on the sch..) However they are all very close together and wish they where spread out a little more. I don't mind mass multitabling just really sucks without sync'd breaks...
Nooo Whammy is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 03:50 AM   #3279
dark_horse
veteran
 
dark_horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ride th'snake
Posts: 2,790
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horse View Post
HH broken. Fix please.
Got em.
dark_horse is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #3280
Land Speed Record
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 19
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horse View Post
Got em.
Not me. Still waiting for an official response ITT, as well as an email
Land Speed Record is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #3281
erock216
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Stellas house
Posts: 293
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Dear Mr. Richard,

Thanks for contacting Bovada Poker Customer Service.

I'm not able to see that you requested to download your hand history. At this point, you may want to restart the software and try again. If you're still having issues, please let us know.

Our Poker Customer Service Team is available by e-mail at poker@bovada.lv 24/7 to help if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Poker Customer Service
erock216 is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #3282
b-komplex
adept
 
b-komplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: open limping
Posts: 747
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOlKevin View Post
I want to deposit funds into my account for the first time via Western Union......and can't.

Well, thats a new one.
Same here, says to call them but no phone number listed in the client. Tried the "Contact Us" link on the client and got a message that they couldn't accept phone calls. Hrmph.
b-komplex is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #3283
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Speed Record View Post
Not me. Still waiting for an official response ITT, as well as an email
You're not going to hear an official response in this thread until the problem has been long resolved.
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #3284
GoodOlKevin
old hand
 
GoodOlKevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York New York
Posts: 1,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-komplex View Post
Same here, says to call them but no phone number listed in the client. Tried the "Contact Us" link on the client and got a message that they couldn't accept phone calls. Hrmph.
I emailed support and information on WE was sent to me. I got the money in yesterday.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using 2+2 Forums
GoodOlKevin is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #3285
Land Speed Record
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 19
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
You're not going to hear an official response in this thread until the problem has been long resolved.
Thanks for the heads up. Suppose i should have guessed just by looking at Bodog Ice's latest post...it's almost completely useless
Land Speed Record is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #3286
GutZ
adept
 
GutZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,074
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Why have no tournaments started after 10am Pacific?

I can not unregister either, I get the following -

"The tournament can not be cancelled because it is in queue to begin"
GutZ is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #3287
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Speed Record View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Suppose i should have guessed just by looking at Bodog Ice's latest post...it's almost completely useless
Ice's position as a Bodog consultant isn't to handle day to day support issues; that's what support is for. His job is to act as a liaison between the players and Bodog's management for some areas. He has passed on a lot of suggestions/bug reports and does a good job of notifying players of new features and tournaments. But since he's not a Bodog employee and isn't involved in the day to day operations, he's not going to be able to answer other types of issues such as when a server is having problems or what's going on with the Manila offices.
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #3288
Land Speed Record
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 19
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
Ice's position as a Bodog consultant isn't to handle day to day support issues; that's what support is for. His job is to act as a liaison between the players and Bodog's management for some areas. He has passed on a lot of suggestions/bug reports and does a good job of notifying players of new features and tournaments. But since he's not a Bodog employee and isn't involved in the day to day operations, he's not going to be able to answer other types of issues such as when a server is having problems or what's going on with the Manila offices.
Fair enough. Thanks for clearing that up; I can understand now why Ice's responses are less "practical" and more "I'll pass the word along" oriented
Land Speed Record is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #3289
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Hey guys,

As you have noticed... the network is having trouble with tournaments not starting/running properly. Due to this issue, they will be doing a restart on some of the servers and this may kick some tournament players off of their tables. If you are in a tournament.. or were affected earlier.. I'll refer you to the tournament cancellation policy:

Quote:
Tournament Refund
This will occur if the tournament has been canceled prior to actually starting OR if the tournament is canceled prior to one or more players being eliminated from the tournament.

In this case, all players registered for the tournament will get their buy-in and fees refunded (including re-buys and add-ons if purchased). All refunds are done in the exact same way they were bought. If you bought in with a Tournament Ticket then the ticket would be returned to you.

Cancellation with No Players in the Money
When no players are in the money and a tournament is canceled, all remaining players will be refunded their entry fee and then the prize pool is divided based on the following formula:
1. 50% of the prize pool is distributed evenly among all players remaining.
2. 50% of the prize pool is distributed proportionally based on chip count.

Cancellation with All Players in the Money
When all players are in the money and we do a roll forward, all remaining players will be refunded their entry fee and then the prize pool is divided based on the following formula:
1. Each player receives the minimum prize not yet awarded at the time of cancellation.
2. The remainder of the prize pool is distributed proportionally based on chip count.
One-on-One (Heads Up) Sit and Go Tournaments
Because the outcome of a heads up tournament can be affected when one player stays connected while another does not, we reserve the right to do a chip count distribution if our site experiences a downtime that warrants the cancellation of tournaments.

Guaranteed Tournaments
If a tournament with a guaranteed prize pool is canceled:
1. When players are NOT in the money, the payout will be based on the prize pool composed of buy-ins only.
2. When players are in the money, the payout will be based on the guaranteed amount if the buy-ins fail to comprise the guaranteed amount.
If you have any questions or run into issues, please let support know. This server reset should not affect cash games or sngs.

Ice
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #3290
rickpz
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 99
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Ice,

I requested a western union withdrawal Sunday night, the money and fees were taken out of my account yesterday. Today I received an email stating I had insufficient funds and my request was cancelled? Can you look into this for me? Pm me if you need more details.
Thanks
rickpz is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 02:40 AM   #3291
theRealOmahaKid
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: At a poker table
Posts: 914
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
Hey guys,

As you have noticed... the network is having trouble with tournaments not starting/running properly. Due to this issue, they will be doing a restart on some of the servers and this may kick some tournament players off of their tables. If you are in a tournament.. or were affected earlier.. I'll refer you to the tournament cancellation policy:



If you have any questions or run into issues, please let support know. This server reset should not affect cash games or sngs.

Ice
I was playing 4 tournaments and then 3 of them was suddenly closed while the last one was still running. Can you explain why only some tournaments were closed down?

And all the tournaments were running well, but I assume bodog did not want to pay since the guaranteed amount was not reach at all so they close them down. Is this normal practice by this company?
theRealOmahaKid is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 02:44 AM   #3292
theRealOmahaKid
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: At a poker table
Posts: 914
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Server reset would affect all tournaments which it clearly did not, so please come up with a better excuse for this amateurish conduct from Bodog.
theRealOmahaKid is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #3293
the_duece
grinder
 
the_duece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 665
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRealOmahaKid View Post
Server reset would affect all tournaments which it clearly did not, so please come up with a better excuse for this amateurish conduct from Bodog.
This is not true in a multi-server environment. Chill with the childish attitude.
the_duece is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #3294
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRealOmahaKid View Post
I was playing 4 tournaments and then 3 of them was suddenly closed while the last one was still running. Can you explain why only some tournaments were closed down?
I am not privy to the technical side of things as they are happening (or much at all really), but I will try to find out. I would imagine that this has something to do with it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_duece View Post
This is not true in a multi-server environment. Chill with the childish attitude.
This, however:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRealOmahaKid View Post
And all the tournaments were running well, but I assume bodog did not want to pay since the guaranteed amount was not reach at all so they close them down. Is this normal practice by this company?
is absolutely false, as you could see if you go back through other times when the site was having issues and tournaments weren't filling enough to meet their guarantee... the tournaments still ran and the guarantees were honored.
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #3295
theRealOmahaKid
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: At a poker table
Posts: 914
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
I am not privy to the technical side of things as they are happening (or much at all really), but I will try to find out. I would imagine that this has something to do with it:



This, however:



is absolutely false, as you could see if you go back through other times when the site was having issues and tournaments weren't filling enough to meet their guarantee... the tournaments still ran and the guarantees were honored.
Well, I lost a lot of money due to this BS. Why are they starting the tournaments if they have technical issues? And there was zero problems during the tournaments, so canceling them after 2 hours seems ridiculous, especially since Bodog still had registration open for other tournaments. Why not just wait 2-3 hours and then restart all the servers when the tournaments have finished?
theRealOmahaKid is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 02:56 AM   #3296
Cyal8rloser
banned
 
Cyal8rloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: surrounded by subhuman filth
Posts: 539
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpz View Post
Ice,

I requested a western union withdrawal Sunday night, the money and fees were taken out of my account yesterday. Today I received an email stating I had insufficient funds and my request was cancelled? Can you look into this for me? Pm me if you need more details.
Thanks
Im in the same boat. Any updates?
Cyal8rloser is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #3297
strontaandeknikker
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 17
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Hi Ice, I mentioned it before but you probably overlooked it.

It would be nice if SnG's have random seating. They would fill up faster as position 1 and 6 have an advantage most of the time now.

I now start one to have have seat 1 or wait till 5 players joined and take seat 6. If more people do this you can imagine tables won't fill very fast.
strontaandeknikker is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #3298
the_duece
grinder
 
the_duece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 665
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by strontaandeknikker View Post
Hi Ice, I mentioned it before but you probably overlooked it.

It would be nice if SnG's have random seating. They would fill up faster as position 1 and 6 have an advantage most of the time now.

I now start one to have have seat 1 or wait till 5 players joined and take seat 6. If more people do this you can imagine tables won't fill very fast.
Maybe I am overlooking something obvious but can you tell me how seat 1 and 6 have an advantage? (Is this a 6 seat or 9 seat table?)

The reason I see for random seating is to make it harder for colluders.
the_duece is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #3299
Cardfish1
old hand
 
Cardfish1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,966
There is zero advantage for seat 1 or 6
Cardfish1 is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #3300
strontaandeknikker
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 17
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

If seat 1 on a 6 seat table is the most winning seat, which I think it is, and seat 4,5,6 are the most losing seats, which I think they are, I would prefer seat 1 or 6. The reason is that regs in most cases open a table and the "fun"player likes to join and start asap.

I haven't play many SnG's but in most games this was the standard table order.

It would also make it a bit harder to collude.

Anyway, I don't see any reason why not to random seat and it shouldn't be very hard to implement.
strontaandeknikker is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive