Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2015, 04:05 PM   #701
kevin21
SE Spokesman
 
kevin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 62,022
Re: English Football 2015/16

Sky reporting that Sterling wants to leave purely because he doesn't want to play for Rodgers.
kevin21 is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 04:20 PM   #702
Hoopie1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hoopie1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sniff banging.
Posts: 23,198
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin21 View Post
Sky reporting that Sterling wants to leave purely because he doesn't want to play for Rodgers.
lol Sky/whoever fed them that. I don't like the man (I have lost count of how many times I have said that on here about almost everyone) but I dare say that if plop were favourites for the title and offering him more than anyone else, he might be able to overcome his differences with Brent and stick around for a while.
Hoopie1 is online now  
Old 07-08-2015, 04:21 PM   #703
BAIDS
2013 FA Cup winner
 
BAIDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 32,645
Re: English Football 2015/16



but yea if brent was in control of the oilbux it'd be a different story ldo
BAIDS is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 04:25 PM   #704
Cinarocket
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Cinarocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Processing
Posts: 13,309
Re: English Football 2015/16

Pretty weird that Brendan calls him by his last name
Cinarocket is online now  
Old 07-08-2015, 04:29 PM   #705
kevin21
SE Spokesman
 
kevin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 62,022
Re: English Football 2015/16

I mean Liverpool should just cut ties right now and be done with it, get the 40m in the bank and reinvest again. Dragging this out all summer is pointless.
kevin21 is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 04:32 PM   #706
LFC_USA
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LFC_USA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 17,479
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin21 View Post
I mean Liverpool should just cut ties right now and be done with it, get the 40m in the bank and reinvest again. Dragging this out all summer is pointless.
Why? Just sets a bad example for all future players. Wait for your price or let him rot
LFC_USA is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 04:38 PM   #707
kevin21
SE Spokesman
 
kevin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 62,022
Re: English Football 2015/16

From the outside looking in the relationship between player and club has gone. He doesn't want to be there and wants out. His value is only going to decrease going forward due to him probably not being selected + contract running down. I'd want to cash in now but that's just me.
kevin21 is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 04:38 PM   #708
BAIDS
2013 FA Cup winner
 
BAIDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 32,645
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC_USA View Post
Why? Just sets a bad example for all future players. Wait for your price or let him rot
finally found the bloke thats been advising tsipras these last few months

raheem holds all the cards, im afraid you gotta negotiate accordingly if you want to make the best of it
BAIDS is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 04:40 PM   #709
NicReynolds
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NicReynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Office
Posts: 10,541
Re: English Football 2015/16

I can't recall a time where city went for a high profile target and didn't get him other than the likes of Hazard where there was other strong interest. They'll pay what we ask imo but even if they don't, the money reported to be on the table is already more than I thought we'd be looking at.

We've spunked a lot of money in Henry's time but we've also done pretty well in sales.
NicReynolds is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 04:44 PM   #710
LFC_USA
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LFC_USA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 17,479
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicReynolds View Post
I can't recall a time where city went for a high profile target and didn't get him other than the likes of Hazard where there was other strong interest. They'll pay what we ask imo but even if they don't, the money reported to be on the table is already more than I thought we'd be looking at.

We've spunked a lot of money in Henry's time but we've also done pretty well in sales.
Remember 25% goes to QPR so with what we're selling him for now we've basically swapped him with Firmino, who I'm not nearly as high on as most
LFC_USA is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 04:50 PM   #711
NicReynolds
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NicReynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Office
Posts: 10,541
Re: English Football 2015/16

Well it would be closer to firmino + Clyne if that 25% number is even accurate. Tbh I think 50mil is a good deal for City and I'd happily see us reject it if the guy would sign a new deal and get his head down and play but that's never gonna happen now.
NicReynolds is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 04:54 PM   #712
Cinarocket
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Cinarocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Processing
Posts: 13,309
Re: English Football 2015/16

When Sterling scores for City at anfield this season, I will be extremely disappointed if he doesn't beat adebayor's celebration level of trolling
Cinarocket is online now  
Old 07-08-2015, 05:04 PM   #713
NicReynolds
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NicReynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Office
Posts: 10,541
Re: English Football 2015/16

City never win at Anfield, he'll look ridiculous
NicReynolds is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 05:16 PM   #714
pissychips
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: I sit here on the sideleines foldin
Posts: 2,029
Re: English Football 2015/16

He definitely needs to have a face to face with Sterling and remind him "Your attitude you need to improve in your work".
pissychips is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 05:25 PM   #715
NicReynolds
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NicReynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Office
Posts: 10,541
Re: English Football 2015/16

So fellow pool fans, how are we going to line up this season? For those that know Firmino, is this possible?

----------------------mig------------------------
Clyne--------skrtel------sahko--------Moreno
---------------------Lucas----------------------
-------------hendo------Allen-----------
----------------------PHIL-------------
------------firmino----Sturridge-------------------

If Firmino can play this role I can get more onboard with signing tekkers for the 50% of the season Sturridge misses.
I'd guess Milner plays over Allen but w/e
NicReynolds is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 05:27 PM   #716
Ra_Z_Boy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ra_Z_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Eire
Posts: 36,975
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinarocket View Post
Pretty weird that Brendan calls him by his last name
It's pretty common for people to go by their surnames here.
Ra_Z_Boy is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 05:31 PM   #717
kevin21
SE Spokesman
 
kevin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 62,022
Re: English Football 2015/16

Yeah they usually just put a "y" on the end of everything where possible
kevin21 is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 05:32 PM   #718
Ra_Z_Boy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ra_Z_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Eire
Posts: 36,975
Re: English Football 2015/16

Surprised it wasn't Sterlo in fairness.
Ra_Z_Boy is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 05:37 PM   #719
NicReynolds
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NicReynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Office
Posts: 10,541
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin21 View Post
Yeah they usually just put a "y" on the end of everything where possible
I've had teammates call me stuarty before. Actually making my name longer when there is an obv 3 letter alternative.
NicReynolds is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 05:38 PM   #720
Ra_Z_Boy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ra_Z_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Eire
Posts: 36,975
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicReynolds View Post
I've had teammates call me stuarty before. Actually making my name longer when there is an obv 3 letter alternative.
I had a team mate called Stewarty haha.
Ra_Z_Boy is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 05:48 PM   #721
therightdeal
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
therightdeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kings Landing
Posts: 6,235
Re: English Football 2015/16

Yeah, adding the whole "y" is ultra tilting.
therightdeal is online now  
Old 07-08-2015, 05:53 PM   #722
LFC_USA
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LFC_USA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 17,479
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicReynolds View Post
So fellow pool fans, how are we going to line up this season? For those that know Firmino, is this possible?

----------------------mig------------------------
Clyne--------skrtel------sahko--------Moreno
---------------------Lucas----------------------
-------------hendo------Allen-----------
----------------------PHIL-------------
------------firmino----Sturridge-------------------

If Firmino can play this role I can get more onboard with signing tekkers for the 50% of the season Sturridge misses.
I'd guess Milner plays over Allen but w/e
I'd be pretty disappointed if we are playing Lucas, Hendo, AND Allen in the same midfield. Yuck. Think Can will play were you have Lucas and Milner where you have Allen.

My girlfriend is Brazilian and I watch a lot of Brasil NT as a result. From everything I've seen Firmino has looked pretty bad for them (albeit in limited appearances) and the Brasil reasoning seems to be that he's played out of position as a striker instead of his more natural wing position. So I wouldn't be playing him up top for us. I think that same group works just with more of Sturridge leaing the line with Firmino and Coutinho cutting in from the wings. I'd ideally like to see Coutinho in behind the striker with Ibe and Firmino on the wings though, but I doubt that's first choice


Could also see it being something like this:

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=7p5t

Those wings are so interchangeable with Lallana, Ibe, and Markovic

Last edited by LFC_USA; 07-08-2015 at 05:59 PM.
LFC_USA is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 06:04 PM   #723
NicReynolds
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NicReynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Office
Posts: 10,541
Re: English Football 2015/16

We need an out and out dm in front of that back 4 imo and Lucas is streets ahead of Can in that respect. I'm not at all convinced Can is or will be of the standard required at Liverpool. Lucas/Allen/Hendo is def strong enough for the pl, the only times I've really seen them struggle is at the Emirates.

That's not good to hear about Firmino, I def think we need to return to 2 up top to get the best from Sturridge but Him + Benteke would be aids. Maybe Ings can prove me wrong.
NicReynolds is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 06:43 PM   #724
Liverpool
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Liverpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,078
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAIDS View Post
finally found the bloke thats been advising tsipras these last few months

raheem holds all the cards, im afraid you gotta negotiate accordingly if you want to make the best of it
Not really. He's under contract for another two years and it's not like we really need the money. We've already spent quite a bit this summer and are going to spend at least 20m+ more on Benteke or another striker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicReynolds View Post
So fellow pool fans, how are we going to line up this season? For those that know Firmino, is this possible?

----------------------mig------------------------
Clyne--------skrtel------sahko--------Moreno
---------------------Lucas----------------------
-------------hendo------Allen-----------
----------------------PHIL-------------
------------firmino----Sturridge-------------------

If Firmino can play this role I can get more onboard with signing tekkers for the 50% of the season Sturridge misses.
I'd guess Milner plays over Allen but w/e
4-3-3 is my guess.

----------------------mig------------------------
Clyne--------skrtel------sahko--------Moreno
---------------------Can----------------------
-------------hendo------Milner-----------
---FIrmino-----------------------------Coutinho---
----------------Sturridge-------------------
Liverpool is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 06:45 PM   #725
Liverpool
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Liverpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,078
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicReynolds View Post
We need an out and out dm in front of that back 4 imo and Lucas is streets ahead of Can in that respect. I'm not at all convinced Can is or will be of the standard required at Liverpool. Lucas/Allen/Hendo is def strong enough for the pl, the only times I've really seen them struggle is at the Emirates.
I think you are right about that but I'm not sure that Rodgers thinks that way.
Liverpool is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive