Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2015, 03:50 PM   #801
sixfour
should be called sevenfour
 
sixfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tungsten Analysis
Posts: 69,034
Re: English Football 2015/16

As it's a slow news day, a Grimsby fan has been found guilty of common assault for hitting a Barnet steward

Spoiler:
sixfour is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 04:58 PM   #802
therightdeal
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
therightdeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kings Landing
Posts: 6,234
Re: English Football 2015/16

I have a soft spot for Ranieri since his Chelsea days, but this is his 9th appointment in 11 years and he can only get younger.
therightdeal is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 07:20 PM   #803
PoseidonCubed
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
PoseidonCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 1996 not 1886
Posts: 13,425
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanerio View Post
in unrelated topic, drogba not properly appreciated by epltards as much better than flat-track bullies like shearer and cantona

his skill level is still very high, legit top 5ish player in a world of prime ronaldinho's, kaka's and cr7's and young messi's during his physical BEASTMODE
Drogba was one of the most overrated players of the modern PL. lol at mentioning him with names like Kaka and Ronaldo...he wasn't even better than Giroud is now. Seems like a class act off the pitch though.

Whenever I need cheering up in the near future, I'll just imagine van ****'s face in the dressing room when Fergie announced he was retiring. What goes around comes around.
PoseidonCubed is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 07:24 PM   #804
CyberShark93
veteran
 
CyberShark93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: strangling the golden goose
Posts: 3,325
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoseidonCubed View Post
Drogba was one of the most overrated players of the modern PL. lol at mentioning him with names like Kaka and Ronaldo...he wasn't even better than Giroud is now. Seems like a class act off the pitch though.

Whenever I need cheering up in the near future, I'll just imagine van ****'s face in the dressing room when Fergie announced he was retiring. What goes around comes around.
Typical arsenal fan butthurt, just because he scores vs u everytime he plays doesn't mean he is bad, and lol at comparing a champions league winner multiple epl winner who scores game winning goals in big matches to no goals giroud
CyberShark93 is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 07:54 PM   #805
MediocrePlayer2.0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MediocrePlayer2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: TORONTO
Posts: 9,208
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoseidonCubed View Post
Drogba was one of the most overrated players of the modern PL. ...he wasn't even better than Giroud is now.
MediocrePlayer2.0 is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 08:08 PM   #806
fanerio
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fanerio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: formerly zeestein
Posts: 8,718
Re: English Football 2015/16

oh man, arsefan sound like an ABUSED SPOUSE
fanerio is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 09:17 PM   #807
thedeezy
My name is Carlos
 
thedeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: POGBA
Posts: 26,240
Re: English Football 2015/16

The arsenal butthurt is super strong in that post
thedeezy is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 09:33 PM   #808
stakman1011
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
stakman1011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,494
Re: English Football 2015/16

Prime Drogba = Giroud is definitely one of the wrongest opinions I've ever read on this site.

Not as bad as Bobbo's Jozy > Sturridge but on that level.

Has to be joking after all the years of Drogba killing Arsenal?
stakman1011 is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 11:21 PM   #809
kingweed
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kingweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pass it to the keeper!
Posts: 46,331
Re: English Football 2015/16

Giroud is ****, esspically if you compare him to Drogba. He's good at what he does and even then Drogba was better at that.

If anyone wants to donate money to me for the third year running, then fire away.

lol Giroud.
kingweed is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 02:31 AM   #810
BobboFitos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BobboFitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 72,764
Re: English Football 2015/16

hey fellas it may be time to let the jozy > sturridge stuff go, for every 10 proclamations im bound to be slightly wrong in one of them
BobboFitos is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 02:54 AM   #811
aoFrantic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aoFrantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 22,913
Re: English Football 2015/16

Drogba is better but this thread is wildly overrating Drogba. If you take out the year where Drogba hit 29 as a huge outlier, his average was worse than Giroud on pure goal scoring.

Drogba in the league had seasons of:
10, 12, 20, 8, 5, 29, 11 and 5.

The three season of Giroud have seen him basically mirror, with Giroud slightly shading nearly every season of Drogba (semantics if you want to be just pl or all comps) except the two "World class" ones that Drogba scored 20+ in the league and 30+ in all competitions.

The "right up there with Messi and Ronaldo" is so, so much worse a proclamation than Giroud being better.

Drogba was about as good as Giroud most years, but one out of every four years he put together a world class season that saw Chelsea (and if Arsenal got such out of Giroud or another striker would see Arsenal) win the league.

The major differences are just appearances and the hindsight we attach to Drogba being "clutch" in big games. If Chelsea needed a goal, you'd have faith in Drogba. If Arsenal need a goal, you still think its maybe more likely to come from Sanchez, Theo or Ramsey.

Quote:
Michael Cox
‏@Zonal_Marking
Drogba the ultimate Cup Final player, but his Chelsea league goalscoring record not *that* great. 10-12-20-8-5-29-11-5-4

Jimmy Hasselbaink: 16-18-23-23-11-13-13-10-3. Not saying Jimmy was better, but context

Last edited by aoFrantic; 07-14-2015 at 03:07 AM.
aoFrantic is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 03:06 AM   #812
theshocker7
Pooh-Bah
 
theshocker7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,254
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingweed View Post

If anyone wants to donate money to me for the third year running, then fire away.
I'm up for some delicious king weed money, what we betting?
theshocker7 is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 03:17 AM   #813
bazooka87
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bazooka87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mickmacking
Posts: 20,214
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobboFitos View Post
hey fellas it may be time to let the jozy > sturridge stuff go, for every 10 proclamations im bound to be slightly wrong in one of them
Thread is craving some power rankings
bazooka87 is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 03:26 AM   #814
BertieWooster
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,361
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobboFitos View Post
hey fellas it may be time to let the jozy > sturridge stuff go, for every 10 proclamations im bound to be slightly wrong in one of them
The fact that Jozy scored 1 league goal that season - in 28 appearances, no less - sustains the lols. You were fairly unlucky in that your ******ed proclamation managed to run a decent amount below EV.
BertieWooster is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 03:48 AM   #815
fanerio
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fanerio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: formerly zeestein
Posts: 8,718
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
Drogba is better but this thread is wildly overrating Drogba. If you take out the year where Drogba hit 29 as a huge outlier, his average was worse than Giroud on pure goal scoring.

Drogba in the league had seasons of:
10, 12, 20, 8, 5, 29, 11 and 5.

The three season of Giroud have seen him basically mirror, with Giroud slightly shading nearly every season of Drogba (semantics if you want to be just pl or all comps) except the two "World class" ones that Drogba scored 20+ in the league and 30+ in all competitions.

The "right up there with Messi and Ronaldo" is so, so much worse a proclamation than Giroud being better.

Drogba was about as good as Giroud most years, but one out of every four years he put together a world class season that saw Chelsea (and if Arsenal got such out of Giroud or another striker would see Arsenal) win the league.

The major differences are just appearances and the hindsight we attach to Drogba being "clutch" in big games. If Chelsea needed a goal, you'd have faith in Drogba. If Arsenal need a goal, you still think its maybe more likely to come from Sanchez, Theo or Ramsey.
sorting by goal #s, eh
fanerio is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 03:58 AM   #816
MindFckr
Classic Arsenal GHW
 
MindFckr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 22,042
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertieWooster View Post
The fact that Jozy scored 1 league goal that season - in 28 appearances, no less - sustains the lols. You were fairly unlucky in that your ******ed proclamation managed to run a decent amount below EV.
nobody could have predicted that he will be on par with a beach ball scoring wise tho, but yea that was waaaaay off.

---

Unrelated: I'm guessing we are not going to do the fantasy skype thingy
MindFckr is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 04:26 AM   #817
raheem
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SANCHEZ
Posts: 2,235
Re: English Football 2015/16

Wenger and I seem to agree that we need a striker that's about Giroud level or even better. I mean we've seen it happen when Giroud has a dry spell and who do we have on the bench? Welbeck who's never scored 15 Premier League goals a season or like Akpom. Walcott is better as winger.

Really this season we should make a big investment cos we finally have a realistic chance of winning the league. Benzema would be so lit.

Edit: Sure like I'm fine with giving Akpom a chance, but we just need to have a second Giroud-level striker. If Giroud gets injured, we prolly have as good of strikers overall as Stoke.

It's just a huge risk that's all. It's like we're praying for someone to Coq it up if Giroud gets injured.

Edit: Coq it up doesn't work well as a phrase...

Last edited by raheem; 07-14-2015 at 04:35 AM.
raheem is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 04:27 AM   #818
MindFckr
Classic Arsenal GHW
 
MindFckr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 22,042
Re: English Football 2015/16

More respect to our main man Akpom
MindFckr is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 04:41 AM   #819
douglennox
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 33
Re: English Football 2015/16

Aresenal def need bad boy striker if they want to win league. What's going on with Chelsea? I thought Jose they would look to upgrade on Oscar/WIllaim. I don't think they're much of a favourite unless they do.
douglennox is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 04:58 AM   #820
CyberShark93
veteran
 
CyberShark93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: strangling the golden goose
Posts: 3,325
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglennox View Post
Aresenal def need bad boy striker if they want to win league. What's going on with Chelsea? I thought Jose they would look to upgrade on Oscar/WIllaim. I don't think they're much of a favourite unless they do.
Who do u think can compete with Chelsea as it stands?
CyberShark93 is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 06:42 AM   #821
unwantedguest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: English Football 2015/16

Some kkkulture....


Last edited by unwantedguest; 07-14-2015 at 06:53 AM. Reason: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJ3KEbHUsAARBUu.jpg
 
Old 07-14-2015, 07:11 AM   #822
ChopSueyyy
formerly IRunWorse
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 17,771
Re: English Football 2015/16

so which club is gonna hire capello
ChopSueyyy is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 07:47 AM   #823
xXDeuce7Xx
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
xXDeuce7Xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9,917
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopSueyyy View Post
so which club is gonna hire capello
Can't be long before Levy's biannual managerial change
xXDeuce7Xx is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 07:52 AM   #824
ChopSueyyy
formerly IRunWorse
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 17,771
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeuce7Xx View Post
Can't be long before Levy's biannual managerial change
ChopSueyyy is offline  
Old 07-14-2015, 08:53 AM   #825
kingweed
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kingweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pass it to the keeper!
Posts: 46,331
Re: English Football 2015/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshocker7 View Post
I'm up for some delicious king weed money, what we betting?

Giroud to get 20 league goals.
kingweed is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive