Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
ULTIMATE BET Silent About Insider Cheating Allegations; Millions Suspected Stolen ULTIMATE BET Silent About Insider Cheating Allegations; Millions Suspected Stolen

05-24-2008 , 10:02 AM
ackbleh,

Those are excellent shirts; I must've missed the part of this thread where that design was suggested, but imo it's perfect. I just bought them without reading the part about the donation, so if you PM me your ID on Stars, FT, or UB (j/k) I'll ship you some dough. Thanks for your hard work.
05-24-2008 , 11:08 AM
Agreed, thanks so much for the tshirts ackbleh. Im very pleased with how they look. Im buying 8 right now and am going to give some to a few buddies of mine. I really appreciate the hard work being putting into this, especially given the fact that guys like you and cornell have absolutely nothing to gain by doing all this.
05-24-2008 , 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbrband
pretty sure there was hate for ap on the back side
QFT. UB on front, AP on back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cero_z
ackbleh,

Those are excellent shirts; I must've missed the part of this thread where that design was suggested, but imo it's perfect. I just bought them without reading the part about the donation, so if you PM me your ID on Stars, FT, or UB (j/k) I'll ship you some dough. Thanks for your hard work.
I paid a graphic artist friend of mine to do them, and worked with him on the design. I really regret we couldn't get red, but this will do I think.

Don't sweat the $5, tell some friends about these instead. Without breaking 2+2 T&C, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trambopoline
Agreed, thanks so much for the tshirts ackbleh. Im very pleased with how they look. Im buying 8 right now and am going to give some to a few buddies of mine. I really appreciate the hard work being putting into this, especially given the fact that guys like you and cornell have absolutely nothing to gain by doing all this.
Awesome. Man, that's the thing: EVERYONE has something to gain by doing this. Unless there is some incentive to run a good poker room... like the knowledge that customers will leave if you cheat them... we're all going to get screwed in the end. This is a small investment in the long-term health of the industry, and well worth making.
05-28-2008 , 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefypoopoo
what I cant understand is that there are still 2+2ers playing on Absolute and UB
its because UB software is by far the best, PS doesnt have HU and FTP is so slow i die of boredom everytime i even think about opening the program
05-28-2008 , 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cero_z
ackbleh,

Thanks for your hard work.
-spiff
05-28-2008 , 06:33 PM
i just heard theres going to be a press release about the UB superusers in 1 hour
05-28-2008 , 07:20 PM
I was also told by Phil that by Tuesday there was going to be a release....
05-28-2008 , 07:32 PM
Harrahs' lawyers shot down my attempt to buy a booth at the WSOP Gaming Life Expo to sell the T-shirts. :-(. Website slightly delayed by memorial day weekend but I'm hopeful we'll have something to link to tomorrow.
05-28-2008 , 09:06 PM
any word on that press release?
05-28-2008 , 09:49 PM
phil told me it is out but he doesnt know where it is and he is finding it
05-28-2008 , 10:00 PM
ok he is talking right now on the chat looks like there will be refund
05-29-2008 , 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniheart
ok he is talking right now on the chat looks like there will be refund
cool
05-29-2008 , 11:27 AM
not cool. i uninstalled UB after the AP scandal, can't get the chat
05-29-2008 , 11:28 AM
someone please tell me wtf is happening and where to get the latest
05-29-2008 , 02:36 PM
Congratulations, we're finally assured compensations. REALLY wish they wouldve given some timeline for when they're paying everyone back, who knows how long they may decide to put actual payments on the backburner....

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...d.php?t=214625
05-29-2008 , 02:49 PM
Alright scratch that, I just got a call from a UB higher up informing me that i will be receiving ~155k by the end of today. I am ecstatic right now!

Edit: Already received money in UB account, total refund: $234,871. What shall I spend it on?

Last edited by trambopoline; 05-29-2008 at 03:00 PM.
05-29-2008 , 03:39 PM
Hey 2p2,

Ive been lurking on this site for a month or so since a friend told me about the UB scandal. I've been refunded >10K and would like to toke the appropriate people, as a year and half ago I never thought I'd see the money again. If someone who was involved could post who on 2P2 helped uncover this so I could can give them my thanks it would be appreciated.
05-29-2008 , 03:48 PM
Quote:
Alright scratch that, I just got a call from a UB higher up informing me that i will be receiving ~155k by the end of today. I am ecstatic right now!

Edit: Already received money in UB account, total refund: $234,871. What shall I spend it on?
Very nice! I am sure BBV can provide you with a few options
05-29-2008 , 05:46 PM
I got about 90k back yay
05-29-2008 , 06:12 PM
I only got $1450, but I'll take it. To me it's like free money as I thought I wasn't cheated.

I almost never play the highest NL games, I thought all the cheating predated my time on ub, and I have none of the cheating account names in my PT.

Maybe it was just a really long investigation, but I think reworking this thread (OP summary and sticky) and maybe even the threat of bad WSOP press via the t-shirt campaign may have spurred on this result. So thank you to everyone involved here.
05-29-2008 , 07:53 PM
I got $2200 back, thanks for the hard work guys. I rarely play on UB and had just uninstalled their software yesterday, in response to this thread.

Anyone got any GulahPapyrus vs. NioNio hand histories?

Thanks again.
05-29-2008 , 09:35 PM
Quote:

Ivey Thunderdome, obv.
05-29-2008 , 09:44 PM
Quote:

grats
05-30-2008 , 03:29 AM
man thanks heaps to who ever made this happen primarily, if i ever meet any of you irl drinks are on me..... 185k fwiw.
05-30-2008 , 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicNinja
man thanks heaps to who ever made this happen primarily, if i ever meet any of you irl drinks are on me fwiw.
Im gonna hold you to that, hope you're going to aruba this year

m