Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

The Lounge: Discussion+Review For discussion and debate about arts, movies+TV, music, reading+literature, style, fashion, history, culture and many more subjects

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #1676
moneynoob
self-banned
 
moneynoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 640
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

Any interest in starting up a pokerhouse/apartment?
moneynoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #1677
babar86
banned
 
babar86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chile
Posts: 1,881
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneynoob View Post
Any interest in starting up a pokerhouse/apartment?
you should start by telling ur age, nationality, languages spoken...
babar86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #1678
moneynoob
self-banned
 
moneynoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 640
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by babar86 View Post
you should start by telling ur age, nationality, languages spoken...
True 22 yo euro grinder. Have played poker for a living for 3.5 years now, mainly NL200 SH. I took spanish classes in school so I know some basics and have started to catch up on my own from home lately.

Been in a lots of pokerhouses before but not in a spanish speaking country so I think that would be really interesting and fun.
moneynoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #1679
LozColbert
Pooh-Bah
 
LozColbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philly
Posts: 3,646
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

if you move here, you're a normal dude and want to live with other people, it'll eventually happen.
LozColbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:57 PM   #1680
dweamer
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 72
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

hey! First off thanks to all the contributors of this thread for giving a ton of info for ppl thinking of coming to BsAs.

I've just finished reading both threads, and am really thinking about coming to BsAs for a poker house this May-Aug with some buddies.

There has been a ton of speculation on the women in BsAs (theyre obviously mostly considered as some of the most beautiful people in the world, but as far as the native mens' "aggressiveness" leading to a more passive/less open type on interaction). I guess What I'm asking is just a better idea of this? Are the girls just not open to ppl in clubs/bars who approach at all? or what? Are you trying to say onenight stand kind of things dont happen as often as they do in say the USA or Canada etc?

Also, Ive heard some stuff on it being easier for foreigners/non natives to suceed in that aspect. Any first hand experience where being a foreigner has really helped/ any stories?


I know its been said that it gets kind of cold in the winter. That said, Im from canada lol... Are we talking like alot of snow and sub-zero temps, or like 6-10 degrees celcius kind of deal? I googled it but found some varying results..


Another quesiton is what a good budget would be for someone living there.. Ive heard things ranging from 1500 is fine as a monthly, rent included, all the way to 2500 is kind of pushing it.(to give an idea, id expect to be living in a nice place with 3 other guys, probably partying a good amount, and eating out a decent amount)


Thanks a ton for the thread and any help/ideas

cheers
dweamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:10 AM   #1681
Robert Fripp
adept
 
Robert Fripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 999
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

if you want a nice appartment/house,go everiday to eat outside and paty almost all nights,i think 2.5k is not good,or maybe it is but you wont have extra money for some random **** that can happens.

For the winter being from canada,i think with a jacket is enough,and if its not you buy it here,not a big problem.

Girls in buenos aires are special,more hot they are,more hard they are,and more ugly they are,more simpatic they are,but like aniwhere,also foreigns have an advantage because the foreing accent always sounds sexy.
But yes gril likes things of one night a lot of times,but do not expect to have a 100% efficiency at talking to girls unless you are beatiful
Robert Fripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #1682
Chairman Wood
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,019
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweamer View Post
hey! First off thanks to all the contributors of this thread for giving a ton of info for ppl thinking of coming to BsAs.

I've just finished reading both threads, and am really thinking about coming to BsAs for a poker house this May-Aug with some buddies.

There has been a ton of speculation on the women in BsAs (theyre obviously mostly considered as some of the most beautiful people in the world, but as far as the native mens' "aggressiveness" leading to a more passive/less open type on interaction). I guess What I'm asking is just a better idea of this? Are the girls just not open to ppl in clubs/bars who approach at all? or what? Are you trying to say onenight stand kind of things dont happen as often as they do in say the USA or Canada etc?

Also, Ive heard some stuff on it being easier for foreigners/non natives to suceed in that aspect. Any first hand experience where being a foreigner has really helped/ any stories?


I know its been said that it gets kind of cold in the winter. That said, Im from canada lol... Are we talking like alot of snow and sub-zero temps, or like 6-10 degrees celcius kind of deal? I googled it but found some varying results..


Another quesiton is what a good budget would be for someone living there.. Ive heard things ranging from 1500 is fine as a monthly, rent included, all the way to 2500 is kind of pushing it.(to give an idea, id expect to be living in a nice place with 3 other guys, probably partying a good amount, and eating out a decent amount)


Thanks a ton for the thread and any help/ideas

cheers
Although it is appreciated that you are a lot more polite and respectful than your friend, I don't understand how you cannot infer the answers from stuff listed already in the thread.

Women: What kind of conclusive statement do you want? Do you want someone to do a scientific study on the average number of dates it takes to get in bed with a girl? Of course girls are open to you talking to them in a bar and observed trends to their openness to one night stands has been discussed several times. For Christ's sake, someone even did a comparison between Brazilian and Argentine girl's willingness to take it in the ass. All women are different, scenes are different, women react differently to different men. Some girls like foreigners, some don't. There are so many variables. People have told you in the thread their observations and given their opinions on this subject many times. Some opinions are different. On a subject this subjective, no consensus with everyone on board will ever be made.

Weather: Is it really this hard? I swear people have asked several times about what kind of clothes they should bring for various seasons. Don't travel guides and weather websites all list Jan/July average Hi's and Low's? Couldn't you also infer about how cold it gets here from the fact that it was mentioned several times that it snowed here a couple years ago for the first time in like 90 years? Do you need a Old Farmer's Almanac for Buenos Aires?

Budget: No one lives exactly like you and no one is going to be able to give you an exact answer for your lifestyle. Nearly all the poker people here live a similar lifestyle to the one you said you would like to lead and many have listed about how much money they go through in a month. Use your judgment, make some inferences about things you wouldn't live without that maybe they would and vice versa. There have been several websites and posts about apartments, get a rent number from a place that looks good there. Use the thread and the links in the thread about restaurants to see how much people spend when they go out to eat. Make an average, multiply it by how many times you want to go out per month. Repeat for all the costs that you would have in your life.

Last edited by Chairman Wood; 12-29-2009 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Almanacs
Chairman Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:09 AM   #1683
RobinN
newbie
 
RobinN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cowboy's Heaven
Posts: 47
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

Hi guys,

First of all thanks for this amazing thread. Me and 2-3 friends are toying with the idea of moving from the Netherlands to somewhere else on a semi-permanent move. Reading this thread and the old one by TheMetetron really sparked interest in BA.

Yesterday after finishing reading the whole thing I tried to think of questions which I may have that hadn't already been answered but I got nothing. Seems like we would really fall in love with BA, so we aren't really investigating other destinations anymore.

As I'm currently finishing my Bachelor travel won’t be until at the very first somewhere October 2010. But from what I’ve read here and on other websites okt-dec is pretty much the ideal time to first visit BA. Our plan would be to get an apartment through a website like bytargentina.com for the first couple of months (say like oct-jan), and after this set up shop in a more permanent manner.

While I was writing this I came up with one question after all, which I think hasn’t been answered yet. Do you guys go skiing during april-july, and if so, are you flying out there and renting an apartment for some time. Also what’s the skiing like in Argentina? I would search for myself but I come up with sites in Spanish, and for me that’s about as useful as reading a Chinese newspaper.

Anyways, in the meantime I’ll keep reading this topic ask questions if I come up with any. Look forward to the arrival of some 3-4 dutch players October 2010, if all goes well .

Have fun at NYE in BA!
RobinN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:36 AM   #1684
RiverPlay
adept
 
RiverPlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: moving up
Posts: 1,191
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

There is not snow in april and june is not allways good, july will do it, first two weeks of october might be good depending on the season.
Skiing here is great imo (I never did it outside Arg), but quite expensive.
I only went to Bariloche, but they say Chapelco is the best destination.

http://www.interpatagonia.com/chapelco/index_i.html
RiverPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:57 AM   #1685
imakefrush
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 204
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

I went to Las Lenas. I am not much of a skier, but I was told by people around me that it was very good skiing. It was quite expensive and everything was done in like either 5 day or 7 day packages. Th ewhole resort was owned by one company so you couldn't just rent an apartment for a month, you had to stay at X hotel for Y number of 7 day packages. Kinda annoying.
imakefrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #1686
Chairman Wood
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,019
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

Anyone have any experience with any Chiropractors here? Preferably one that is available on short notice. Phone numbers or names would be appreciated.
Chairman Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:21 PM   #1687
sigmachi293
newbie
 
sigmachi293's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX / Nuñez, BsAs ARG
Posts: 16
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

heres the deal with baires, the further north from the center you go (or perhaps nw) the better it gets...until you get to tigre (if you take the mitre x example) it is quite tranquil there. of course you want to avoid avellaneda, unless accompanied by many ppl, i only go to that part of town in case for futbol matches but thats another discussion.
i agree with many ppl on here, the argentinas are very beautiful, and i must say that they are quite cocky about their looks. if you are a "shanqi" (american), you might be in luck-- but they are prude , for the most part with random dudes, which i think is good-- american girls have the reputation of being floja, or loose, so don't get offended by what they say (and they make it a point to say that, but theyre just being honest).
and finally, if you love futbol, you must make it out to the games! there is no other league like primera "A".

ahí viene la hinchada...ke loca ke está!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW8v6...eature=related
sigmachi293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:34 PM   #1688
sigmachi293
newbie
 
sigmachi293's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX / Nuñez, BsAs ARG
Posts: 16
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweamer View Post

There has been a ton of speculation on the women in BsAs (theyre obviously mostly considered as some of the most beautiful people in the world, but as far as the native mens' "aggressiveness" leading to a more passive/less open type on interaction). I guess What I'm asking is just a better idea of this? Are the girls just not open to ppl in clubs/bars who approach at all? or what? Are you trying to say onenight stand kind of things dont happen as often as they do in say the USA or Canada etc?

Also, Ive heard some stuff on it being easier for foreigners/non natives to suceed in that aspect. Any first hand experience where being a foreigner has really helped/ any stories?


I know its been said that it gets kind of cold in the winter. That said, Im from canada lol... Are we talking like alot of snow and sub-zero temps, or like 6-10 degrees celcius kind of deal? I googled it but found some varying results..


Another quesiton is what a good budget would be for someone living there.. Ive heard things ranging from 1500 is fine as a monthly, rent included, all the way to 2500 is kind of pushing it.(to give an idea, id expect to be living in a nice place with 3 other guys, probably partying a good amount, and eating out a decent amount)


Thanks a ton for the thread and any help/ideas

cheers
ok man, heres what you need to know about women in BsAs--- they love americans "shanqis" and i assume the same is true for canadians-- so long as youre not a douche, you will get some positive results-- to a varying degree-- heres the thing, if you go to posh places, you will encounter girls with a big head and sense of entitlement, but theyre super hot-- case in point,if you go to Asia de Cuba in puerto madero, next to the hilton (which is an aweeeesomeee hotel), you will most likely end up bein the douche that tries too hard, it is a very fun place, but i think its lame to go there to specifically get laid...better off to go to the places around plaza serrano (it has many college aged ppl there) -- if you go to the normal boliches (dance halls)...for example "LOST", or "la france", you will be good.
and please please TRAVEL AROUND! it is the best country in the world, and many fabulous places-- try out cordoba...it sounds like youre really worried about gettin ass while youre there, so if thats true , go to cordoba, -- its like a smaller version of BsAs and they have a huge party scene.
as for weather, depending on where you go, it varies, but in Baires you will find weather that is damp and cold in the winter, and mild in the summer. it rarely (like once in twenty years) snows in the capital. but its wet and cool...like 6 to 11 celsius in june on average.
please feel free to ask me if u have more questions. argentina is my specialty.
sigmachi293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:03 PM   #1689
Chairman Wood
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,019
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmachi293 View Post
.
as for weather, depending on where you go, it varies, but in Baires you will find weather that is damp and cold in the winter, and mild in the summer. it rarely (like once in twenty years) snows in the capital. but its wet and cool...like 6 to 11 celsius in june on average.
I wouldn't describe Buenos Aires as being mild in the summer at least by my standards. It is hot and extremely humid.
Chairman Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:54 PM   #1690
RiverPlay
adept
 
RiverPlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: moving up
Posts: 1,191
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmachi293 View Post
heres the deal with baires, the further north from the center you go (or perhaps nw) the better it gets...until you get to tigre (if you take the mitre x example) it is quite tranquil there. of course you want to avoid avellaneda, unless accompanied by many ppl, i only go to that part of town in case for futbol matches but thats another discussion.
Avellaneda is in the opposite direction. I agree that nuñez, v. lopez, olivos etc are the better areas to live, but for someone who doesn't know the city and wants lots of action palermo is good.
RiverPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:00 PM   #1691
sigmachi293
newbie
 
sigmachi293's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX / Nuñez, BsAs ARG
Posts: 16
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverPlay View Post
Avellaneda is in the opposite direction. I agree that nuñez, v. lopez, olivos etc are the better areas to live, but for someone who doesn't know the city and wants lots of action palermo is good.
yes, i think u misunderstood me, el cilindro is like south of boca, by lanús....and as to the weather, its quite funny actually because for me "hot and humid" is not exactly baires in the summertime, but yes, to many it is "hot and humid"....but i live in south texas , so i guess i may be an exception.

and yes, palermo hollywood, olivos, caballito are good places in my opinion to live. i would also strongly suggest colegiales, because it is less congested, and close to plaza serrano and palermo...i just really like that place alot.

and if u want to see something different, check out general san martin, although it is somewhat further from the city's center....if u happen to be out in that area, i really love going to Rescate Bailable

vamo lo millo!
sigmachi293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:55 PM   #1692
LozColbert
Pooh-Bah
 
LozColbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philly
Posts: 3,646
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

i like Colegiales too, but you can definitely tell a big difference in overall neighborhood niceness/money when you cross Cordoba into Colegiales. and no single foreigner should ever consider moving to the provincia, imho.

Sig, i'm from Texas, I think you're minimizing the summer here in BA.

Also, I would never listen to a gallina.
LozColbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:23 PM   #1693
sigmachi293
newbie
 
sigmachi293's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX / Nuñez, BsAs ARG
Posts: 16
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LozColbert View Post
i like Colegiales too, but you can definitely tell a big difference in overall neighborhood niceness/money when you cross Cordoba into Colegiales. and no single foreigner should ever consider moving to the provincia, imho.

Sig, i'm from Texas, I think you're minimizing the summer here in BA.

Also, I would never listen to a gallina.
querido che bostero:
first and foremost, im not even going to consider your attempt to provoke me with that remark, but on a more serious note, it all depends on the foreigner's level of fluency...if you have a cultural idea of what argentina is, and you can speak castellano, then youre good-- my family is from Baires, and while i love it, i really prefer the provinces, i.e. santa fe and cordoba- just my honest opinion....but for first timers, i think gran BsAs is enough.....

also i think it would be fair to point out to others reading this that if youve never experienced south america at all, you will most likely have a negative first impression....from the moment you touch down at ezeiza and come into the city, u will pass alot of shanty towns "la villa"....but please don't have that typical american posh attitude aka "cheto, o concheto"....anyway thats what i have 4 now.

salu2
sigmachi293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:49 PM   #1694
dweamer
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 72
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmachi293 View Post
ok man, heres what you need to know about women in BsAs--- they love americans "shanqis" and i assume the same is true for canadians-- so long as youre not a douche, you will get some positive results-- to a varying degree-- heres the thing, if you go to posh places, you will encounter girls with a big head and sense of entitlement, but theyre super hot-- case in point,if you go to Asia de Cuba in puerto madero, next to the hilton (which is an aweeeesomeee hotel), you will most likely end up bein the douche that tries too hard, it is a very fun place, but i think its lame to go there to specifically get laid...better off to go to the places around plaza serrano (it has many college aged ppl there) -- if you go to the normal boliches (dance halls)...for example "LOST", or "la france", you will be good.
and please please TRAVEL AROUND! it is the best country in the world, and many fabulous places-- try out cordoba...it sounds like youre really worried about gettin ass while youre there, so if thats true , go to cordoba, -- its like a smaller version of BsAs and they have a huge party scene.
as for weather, depending on where you go, it varies, but in Baires you will find weather that is damp and cold in the winter, and mild in the summer. it rarely (like once in twenty years) snows in the capital. but its wet and cool...like 6 to 11 celsius in june on average.
please feel free to ask me if u have more questions. argentina is my specialty.
great! thanks for the reply. As of right now I'm a student in uni, and I guess thats probably why I was concerned with how the girls are there haha, I guess Ive kind of grown accustomed to the party life here, and was disspointed to hear things like the women in BsAs were mostly pudes. But I take it thats not the case at all. 6-11 celcius isnt that bad at all tbh... I come from Canada, so subzero is the norm for winter, and seeing -25+ celcius with wind-chill is a pretty common thing, so that'll be refreshing more than anything. And yeah, I do intend on travelling a bit, I definitely dont plan on vivisiting JUST BsAs while I'm there, after reading these threads and googling some of the scenery, I'm totally stoked though haha, can't wait, I really hope it pans through. Thanks again for the help.
dweamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #1695
ArturiusX
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ArturiusX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,114
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

The women aren't prudes, just hard to get them to notice you without aggression and an alpha male presence.
ArturiusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:57 AM   #1696
MEC2210
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 377
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmachi293 View Post
querido che bostero:
first and foremost, im not even going to consider your attempt to provoke me with that remark, but on a more serious note, it all depends on the foreigner's level of fluency...if you have a cultural idea of what argentina is, and you can speak castellano, then youre good-- my family is from Baires, and while i love it, i really prefer the provinces, i.e. santa fe and cordoba- just my honest opinion....but for first timers, i think gran BsAs is enough.....

also i think it would be fair to point out to others reading this that if youve never experienced south america at all, you will most likely have a negative first impression....from the moment you touch down at ezeiza and come into the city, u will pass alot of shanty towns "la villa"....but please don't have that typical american posh attitude aka "cheto, o concheto"....anyway thats what i have 4 now.

salu2
haha, jesus christ. why you boys so concerned with how "easy" the girls are here? can't get laid? girls are girls, and whatever your ****ing name is, sigma, you are far from the authority on it. What makes argentine girls "difficult" is because of the attention they get from the standard ******ed over-aggressive argie guy. So they have an over-inflated ego, because of that, even the average looking ones. Just pick her up, its not ****ing hard, and yes, I am the authority on this. I just don't understand why you idiots spend so much time pondering/wondering how easy the girls are here. They're ****ing girls. Yeah they're gonna be a little bit harder because of the social dynamic. Its just a waste of your goddamn time to wonder about how "easy" its going to be for you to get laid. You can make any girl easy, if you wanna. Learn how to get a girl, its def not any easier here than anywhere you guys are. Grow a sack and quit asking ******ed questions, its annoying and its a waste of everyone's time. If you want easy girls, there are plenty of places here that are 150 argie pesos a pop for a ****ing hot hooker. Is that what you want? Nah, didn't think so. So stop this ****ing ******ed convo about how "hard" argie girls are. They're girls, and they'll be attracted to you if you throw the vibe out that you're a cool guy. Which most of you all are. Just be a man, don't be too aggressive, and don't be a pussy. Yeah its a fine line but whatever it's not that hard to walk. As far as the "American advantage"....that's complete bull****. Ever been in a foreign country before? Exotic is sexy, always, and being foreign counts as being exotic. BsAs is over-ran with foreigners but it doesnt really matter, because something new and different is always fun, not just to girls, to all of us. We all know this. You have an advantage. Different is always better, especially to girls that get hit on at least 20 times a night, which is pretty standard in Argentina. So quit talking about it, be a man, walk up to them and ask them some stupid innocent question like "hey you, i just got here and i have no idea what to do, is there anywhere fun to go tonight/what are you guys doing after this?" don't ask stupid questions. and they'll answer, cut straight to the chase. and the girls will come to you, or at the very least invite you to something.. It's the way evolutionary biology works. (thanks colin?). girls don't want a girl, or a boy, they want a man. so be one and walk up to them and show confidence without being an ass. don't tell them they're the prettiest girl you've ever seen unless you think they are into you (because they hear it 20 times every night), don't just say "como estas", don't be boring, and don't seem desperate. and quit asking goddamn stupid questions on a ****ing internet forum about how to pick up girls, go and try and learn, fail, succeed, doesn't matter, its better than trying to discover some non-existant "secret" that will enable you to hook up with any girl whenever you want.

Last edited by MEC2210; 01-02-2010 at 06:16 AM.
MEC2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:23 AM   #1697
whooodini
banned
 
whooodini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 154
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

wow bro, you should write a novel
whooodini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:25 AM   #1698
MEC2210
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 377
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

sigmachi293 - the majority of us have travelled much more than you, and i don't think your "shanty towns" are going to drive us away. my guess is you've never seen real poverty. ever been to china? you're right, there are places in argentina that are real-time extreme poverty. but what's this "posh" attitude you are talking about? americans have a bad rep in general, a lot of times for good reason. but its a GD internet forum, so stop your bull**** remarks about stereotypical americans. because we can do the same, you are all lazy, argentine guys may be the worst guys on the planet at picking up girls, from what i hear you all have small dicks, and your economy sucks for a lot of reasons but its mainly because you cant get up off your asses and be productive, and you all are satisfied with that. bad idea for you to post negative comments about the country that most of us are from, especially when i'm reading it.

Last edited by MEC2210; 01-02-2010 at 06:52 AM.
MEC2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:28 AM   #1699
MEC2210
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 377
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by whooodini View Post
wow bro, you should write a novel
ha quit telling me that, never gonna happen
MEC2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:53 AM   #1700
claimmyplace
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5
Re: Moving to Buenos Aires discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by estoysinblanca View Post
Posting tihs here for the guy who is with his brother. U were at the dinner, sorry i don't recall your name :s

+ For all those who dont know what to do tonight. 4 of us are going to a resto.

Córdoba, Av. 3547 at 22.00 (first one there fix us a table (appr 4-6 ppl)
hey man, thanks for the invite. sorry didn't read the thread until today. i'll be comming to the next dinner on tuesday, so count me in for that. scott is my name by the way. my brother(nick) will be there too.
claimmyplace is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive