Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019)

04-18-2019 , 06:02 AM
Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board Executive Director Kevin O' Toole spoke before the Board on Wednesday, April 17th, to communicate plans for a "coordinated" iGaming launch date of July 15th, 2019.

“Interactive gaming featuring poker, slots, and table game play is a key component in the Legislature’s expansion of gambling in Pennsylvania. As part of our regulatory framework regarding interactive gaming, the Board enacted the regulatory requirement to establish a commencement date for the roll-out of iGaming.“

“Staff has reviewed the estimated time that it would take for us and the industry to complete all necessary steps, and it is our view that 90 days would be adequate. Accordingly, I have advised the ten iGaming Certificate Holders and three iGaming Operators that a coordinated ‘GO LIVE’ period for interactive gaming will commence on July 15th, 2019.“

“Most importantly, Board staff will assist all iGaming Certificate Holders and iGaming Operator licensees who are not able to meet the initial launch period to commence their iGaming activity, as those entities complete their preparations for a successful implementation.“




(TIMESTAMPS: 4:29-5:50)
---

Q: Will Pennsylvania online poker games be linked to the interstate compact (MSIGA) that currently exists between New Jersey, Nevada, and Delaware?

A: No, they will not. Pennsylvania has formally declared that its licensed online poker, slots, and table games will be ring-fenced/restricted to Pennsylvania players.
-

Q: Which poker sites will be available? And through which land-based Pennsylvania casinos will they be sub-licensed?

A: https://www.pocketfives.com/articles...uly-15-623690/

Mount Airy Casino Resort (PokerStars)
HARRAH’S PHILADELPHIA (WSOP/888poker)
VALLEY FORGE CASINO (partypoker)
Parx Casino (Gan/Kambi)
Hollywood Casino (IGT)
Sugarhouse Casino (Rush Street Interactive/Kambi)
Sands Bethlehem (TBD)

-

Q: What will be the sign-up process, real money deposit/withdrawal options for regulated Pennsylvania online poker games?

A: This information has not been officially relayed at this time. [TBD]
___
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-19-2019 , 05:05 AM
What a ****ing disaster this all is. What's it been 8 years for penn?
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-19-2019 , 02:02 PM
Actually a big state like Pennsylvania legalizing online gaming is great news for our gaming community. If it is successful in bringing money to the state it will get other states interested in doing the same thing.

They might not be a part of a multi-state pact now but all that could change down the road once Adelson is gone.

Even if the games aren't perfect, the words of Nick the Greek come to mind:

"It's action, ain't it."

Hats off to the great state of Pennsylvania, the birthplace of the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution.
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-19-2019 , 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Read Ted

Hats off to the great state of Pennsylvania, the birthplace of the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution.
It only took PA over 8 years to agree to let poker operate online again. Only 8 years for legislators to realize that the bull$hit these casino owners spew about online poker being harmful is actually bull$hit. Actually quite ridiculous. Other states are far worse.
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-19-2019 , 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdantDevil
It only took PA over 8 years to agree to let poker operate online again. Only 8 years for legislators to realize that the bull$hit these casino owners spew about online poker being harmful is actually bull$hit. Actually quite ridiculous. Other states are far worse.
Better late than never. It took 13 years for the US to realize the Prohibition of Alcohol Amendment was a bad idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohib..._United_States
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-20-2019 , 10:16 PM
Any one know which one of the operator will be the first?
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-21-2019 , 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastgrinder
Any one know which one of the operator will be the first?
I'm guessing all on the same day since it's a coordinated launch
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-21-2019 , 01:51 AM
very very curious to see traffic when this starts, particularly if/what guarantees there will be for tournaments
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-21-2019 , 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnbomb
very very curious to see traffic when this starts, particularly if/what guarantees there will be for tournaments
Pool will be similar in size to NJ+NV in terms of population size. So whatever those guarantees are
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-21-2019 , 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Read Ted
Actually a big state like Pennsylvania legalizing online gaming is great news for our gaming community. If it is successful in bringing money to the state it will get other states interested in doing the same thing.
hey knock it off positivity isn't allowed here. especially about poker.
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-21-2019 , 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Read Ted
Better late than never. It took 13 years for the US to realize the Prohibition of Alcohol Amendment was a bad idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohib..._United_States
So you're just happy that politics is basically run by idiots ****tards? These tards have been running are war on the American people for decades calling it a war on drugs only making things worse over and over. If you think this is good work you have a very low standard sir. The entire thing is a ****show and we should all be embarrassed at the silly mentally stunted fools we put into power.
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-21-2019 , 02:11 PM
I don't think you'll get any disagreement about the political disaster that's led us to where we are now. Still, PA is the largest state yet to come online, and if the DOJ can't or doesn't interfere with the interstate poker compact, it shouldn't be long (thinking by the end of 2020) before PA-NJ-NV-DE has twice the players NJ-NV-DE has now. West VA will come online next year, and there's reason to be optimistic that Michigan and perhaps Virginia and Illinois may soon follow.

Let's see what unfolds with the new Wire Act opinion and the interstate poker compact.
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-21-2019 , 04:04 PM
I believe online sports betting is in there also, from what the sports talk shows reported.
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-21-2019 , 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namisgr11
I don't think you'll get any disagreement about the political disaster that's led us to where we are now. Still, PA is the largest state yet to come online, and if the DOJ can't or doesn't interfere with the interstate poker compact, it shouldn't be long (thinking by the end of 2020) before PA-NJ-NV-DE has twice the players NJ-NV-DE has now. West VA will come online next year, and there's reason to be optimistic that Michigan and perhaps Virginia and Illinois may soon follow.

Let's see what unfolds with the new Wire Act opinion and the interstate poker compact.

Canít seem to find anything in legislation forum about VA. Do you have a link to more info?

EDIT: Found this if anyone else was wondering:

https://www.onlinepokerreport.com/36...gambling-bill/
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-22-2019 , 07:51 AM
What's the current state of play with New York?
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-22-2019 , 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Read Ted
Better late than never. It took 13 years for the US to realize the Prohibition of Alcohol Amendment was a bad idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohib..._United_States
PA still has state stores to sell evil liquor at high prices via a government monopoly.

PA has a monopoly on lottery and scratchers with a payout of 50%!

It must be considered a HUGE step forward to allow casinos and a few others to pay millions of dollars for the privilege of online gaming/poker!

It's taken just a few years to launch the gaming, as we must be very careful.
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-22-2019 , 05:31 PM
Nice. The NJ launch was absolutely horrendous. Poor marketing, geolocation issues, and deposit issues all plagued NJ for far too long in the early stages. They don't seem to be in any particular hurry here in PA so hopefully this bodes for a smooth rollout.
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-24-2019 , 01:29 PM
It's about time! This has been quite the wait for online poker to go live here in PA.
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-24-2019 , 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkMan
What's the current state of play with New York?
Depends when Cuomo gets his cut. Expect sports betting before poker though
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-24-2019 , 07:12 PM
Does anyone know if this will be similar to Jersey where anyone who travels to PA will be able to play? I live 15 minutes from PA/NY border so I'll definitely be trying it out if that's the case.
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-24-2019 , 07:29 PM
Yep. It's been that way in all the approved states: you don't need to be a resident, just be within the state borders to play.
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-25-2019 , 07:01 PM
Looking forward to it.
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
04-25-2019 , 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzLifestyle
Does anyone know if this will be similar to Jersey where anyone who travels to PA will be able to play? I live 15 minutes from PA/NY border so I'll definitely be trying it out if that's the case.
i know nevada struggled with playing near the border for geo location reasons, but i assume the only requirement is to be in the state.

ive only ever played on nevada sites but do not remember the sign up process
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
06-26-2019 , 05:43 PM
ANyone up to speed if July 15 is still the start date? ANy thoughts on where the limit omaha/big O players will gravitate towards?
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote
06-27-2019 , 04:59 PM
Only a few weeks away and it's been stone cold quiet across all fronts. Haven't heard any type of news, advertising, etc from anybody.
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Launch: July 15, 2019 (PokerStars PA Launch: Nov. 4, 2019) Quote

      
m