Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #201
jdAA88
adept
 
jdAA88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,186
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

http://m.examiner.com/exTulsa/db_/co...l=true#display
jdAA88 is offline  
Old 12-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #202
naymlis
old hand
 
naymlis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,362
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

"However, no non-prop players are known to have received significant withdrawals following Black Friday"

Is this true?
naymlis is offline  
Old 12-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #203
TakeYourEmpire
banned
 
TakeYourEmpire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 560
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

WoW things may just come around afterall,

I figured they were lying to me the last 6 months of exchanging emails back and forth about my funds locked up.

1time for UB 1 time for FT = 2TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TakeYourEmpire is offline  
Old 12-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #204
NoahSD
Is Right
 
NoahSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,865
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by naymlis View Post
"However, no non-prop players are known to have received significant withdrawals following Black Friday"

Is this true?
Depends what you mean by significant. Some people who are not props have received on the order of like $2k in withdrawals. The majority of people have gotten nothing, though.
NoahSD is offline  
Old 12-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #205
1MoreFish4U
adept
 
1MoreFish4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Above Ground, Mostly
Posts: 795
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdAA88 View Post
The following quoted text is inaccurate, and / or untrue.

"Haley Hintze reports that even these few are company-paid props attempting to convince any maladroit fools to deposit new funds:

The last pathetic flickers from AP and UB included using surviving prop players as shills to convey to others that they were still having their withdrawals processed, and for a time a few of those players were, in dribs and drabs of $250 or $500 every few weeks. However, no non-prop players are known to have received significant withdrawals following Black Friday, and now even the prop-player payments have seen their end. For those wondering about the nature of the props, they were almost entirely Costa Rican, though they didn't disclose that when posting; Cereus got rid of the majority of their US props in 2009 and 2010. "
1MoreFish4U is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #206
GCP
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 590
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Yeah, what was the point of that article? It revealed nothing and I can personally verify that they weren't firing US props in 2009 and 2010. In fact, they were hiring more. I was fired on Black Friday.

Furthermore, US props didn't see a penny. The non-US ones may have had a sweetheart deal. At least the ones directly connected with our former prop manager, John.

I would also say that the non-US props were NOT almost entirely Costa Rican but the managers were.

Whatever, article fails.

@TakeYourEmpire, how do you figure this has turned around, exactly? Not really WoW worthy, imo.
GCP is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #207
boohaa12
Pooh-Bah
 
boohaa12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What She Order??... Chick'fillet!!
Posts: 4,194
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

1) i was not a prop, just a high volume player, I got about 5-6 250$ cashouts over the 3 months, just from emailing a lot over and over and reminding them the action i gave them in years prior... nothing special.

2)we dont need to get into a prop discussion, but as far as i know. All props were only given prop perks for PLO. Absolutely no props existed at NLHE.
boohaa12 is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #208
OMGMileyCyrus
adept
 
OMGMileyCyrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 725
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by boohaa12 View Post
1) i was not a prop, just a high volume player, I got about 5-6 250$ cashouts over the 3 months, just from emailing a lot over and over and reminding them the action i gave them in years prior... nothing special.

2)we dont need to get into a prop discussion, but as far as i know. All props were only given prop perks for PLO. Absolutely no props existed at NLHE.
After BF all non US props received rakeback at NLHE
OMGMileyCyrus is offline  
Old 12-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #209
chacharu33
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 519
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Speaking of rakeback, Did you guys receive May rakeback? I remember receiving April one even though there was a delay.
chacharu33 is offline  
Old 12-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #210
NimhOfJoy
veteran
 
NimhOfJoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bluffing for value
Posts: 2,489
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacharu33 View Post
Speaking of rakeback, Did you guys receive May rakeback? I remember receiving April one even though there was a delay.
lol no, I haven't but if you never see any of that money anyway, it matters quite little.
NimhOfJoy is offline  
Old 12-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #211
TakeYourEmpire
banned
 
TakeYourEmpire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 560
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCP View Post
Yeah, what was the point of that article? It revealed nothing and I can personally verify that they weren't firing US props in 2009 and 2010. In fact, they were hiring more. I was fired on Black Friday.

Furthermore, US props didn't see a penny. The non-US ones may have had a sweetheart deal. At least the ones directly connected with our former prop manager, John.

I would also say that the non-US props were NOT almost entirely Costa Rican but the managers were.

Whatever, article fails.

@TakeYourEmpire, how do you figure this has turned around, exactly? Not really WoW worthy, imo.
Sorry but the OP thread title Wows me as I lost alot of Ub money locked up.

to each there own.
TakeYourEmpire is offline  
Old 12-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #212
TakeYourEmpire
banned
 
TakeYourEmpire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 560
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGMileyCyrus View Post
After BF all non US props received rakeback at NLHE
I would be interested to know when the last known successful cashout anyone has had?

I have had 250$ pending for 3 months now, and get the same response from support everytime.

I have about 11 max cashouts locked up in UB at this time.

And have many friends with over 75k locked up in there.

I know they have a rolling bad beat jackpot at the moment off about 300k, that is enough assets to pay off about 5-10 players.
TakeYourEmpire is offline  
Old 12-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #213
mamafei
centurion
 
mamafei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Monkeying Around~!
Posts: 199
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeYourEmpire View Post
I would be interested to know when the last known successful cashout anyone has had?

I have had 250$ pending for 3 months now, and get the same response from support everytime.

I have about 11 max cashouts locked up in UB at this time.

And have many friends with over 75k locked up in there.

I know they have a rolling bad beat jackpot at the moment off about 300k, that is enough assets to pay off about 5-10 players.
i heard they were paying out via instadebit for some people. somebody told me they were able to get over 5k out of UB cashing out by instadebit. nobody that tried cashing out by check was successful to my knowledge.
mamafei is offline  
Old 12-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #214
dealace1
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 410
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

I got $2500 US out altogether with the last 250 hitting my account on Nov 7 via eft. Still have 11k to go.
dealace1 is offline  
Old 12-07-2011, 12:57 AM   #215
donkiman
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 506
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeYourEmpire View Post
I know they have a rolling bad beat jackpot at the moment off about 300k, that is enough assets to pay off about 5-10 players.
lol this is not an asset. It is just a number on the screen. There is no magical bad beat jackpot bank account with this $300k sitting just waiting for someone to win it.
donkiman is offline  
Old 12-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #216
JamieD88
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 108
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkiman View Post
lol this is not an asset. It is just a number on the screen. There is no magical bad beat jackpot bank account with this $300k sitting just waiting for someone to win it.
Actually you are dead wrong..... It accrues while it builds, you think they just throw up random numbers?
JamieD88 is offline  
Old 12-07-2011, 11:47 AM   #217
elMOOCHY
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 91
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieD88 View Post
Actually you are dead wrong..... It accrues while it builds, you think they just throw up random numbers?
the numbers probably aren't random, there's no way to prove that they are correct though. As of right now, everyone's account balance can pretty much be considered "random numbers", they only "make sense" once we see our money. Our account balances were also supposed to "accrue while we built our bankrolls", but as of now, they haven't, so the same could be said about the bbj
elMOOCHY is offline  
Old 12-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #218
dealace1
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 410
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

No wonder their games were soft. It isn't that Acct balances and BBJ numbers and earned rake are fake. They just aren't backed by real cash. The only thing that equates to real money is deposits and I doubt they are getting any of those these days.
dealace1 is offline  
Old 12-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #219
Chuck504
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 135
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

What the hell do they even have to liquidate? Jesus **** christ if I was rich I would go down to Antigua and beat my 5k out of them based on pure principle.
Chuck504 is offline  
Old 12-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #220
Foux
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 21
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Look for huge amounts of AP/UB merch on eBay.
Foux is offline  
Old 12-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #221
Hicham
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brussels,Belgium
Posts: 221
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

A mail I got from UB a while ago (22 Nov):

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

We understand that there is some speculation circulating about the current status of account withdrawals for Non-US players. For you personally, we recognize that this raises some concern about your pending payout at Absolute Poker/UB and why it is taking longer than usual to complete.

At this time, we must advise you that all Non-US player payouts currently in the queue for processing have been placed on hold. This decision has been taken in the interests of expediting the process of distributing funds to all qualified players. We want to assure you that the distribution of player funds has been, and remains, our highest priority.

To this end, you should know that we are currently in active discussions with a number of parties about potential sales opportunities, and we continue to work diligently to devise a solution that will allow us to distribute funds to players. This has been, however, a complicated process, and the determination of appropriate mechanisms for the safe and efficient distribution of funds to players has proven to be an especially difficult task.

Nevertheless, despite a series of formidable obstacles, we believe that we are close to finalizing a well-considered process of distributing funds to players that will be fair for all account holders. We expect, therefore, to issue a statement in the near future, providing the details of this process.

Please understand that ongoing legal negotiations have restricted our ability to communicate publicly more frequently about these matters. We hope that you will understand.

We appreciate your patience during this difficult period, and we will provide you with further information at an appropriate time in the near future.

Regards,

John


Nothing really super interesting, but they claim to be talking about a sale to multiple interested parties and tell us they will not communicate about this until it is final...
Hicham is offline  
Old 12-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #222
247golfnut
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 14
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

It looks like we will be getting about what a stock gets after it goes bad, pennies on the dollar. I have like 10k on there, but I will be happy at this point getting 1k. But even this is hopeful
247golfnut is offline  
Old 12-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #223
veganmav
Pooh-Bah
 
veganmav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: China
Posts: 4,952
Thumbs up Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicham View Post
A mail I got from UB a while ago (22 Nov):

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

We understand that there is some speculation circulating about the current status of account withdrawals for Non-US players. For you personally, we recognize that this raises some concern about your pending payout at Absolute Poker/UB and why it is taking longer than usual to complete.

At this time, we must advise you that all Non-US player payouts currently in the queue for processing have been placed on hold. This decision has been taken in the interests of expediting the process of distributing funds to all qualified players. We want to assure you that the distribution of player funds has been, and remains, our highest priority.

To this end, you should know that we are currently in active discussions with a number of parties about potential sales opportunities, and we continue to work diligently to devise a solution that will allow us to distribute funds to players. This has been, however, a complicated process, and the determination of appropriate mechanisms for the safe and efficient distribution of funds to players has proven to be an especially difficult task.

Nevertheless, despite a series of formidable obstacles, we believe that we are close to finalizing a well-considered process of distributing funds to players that will be fair for all account holders. We expect, therefore, to issue a statement in the near future, providing the details of this process.

Please understand that ongoing legal negotiations have restricted our ability to communicate publicly more frequently about these matters. We hope that you will understand.

We appreciate your patience during this difficult period, and we will provide you with further information at an appropriate time in the near future.

Regards,

John


Nothing really super interesting, but they claim to be talking about a sale to multiple interested parties and tell us they will not communicate about this until it is final...

sweet, from this it sounds like I can expect my frozen UB funds within the next few weeks! nice!!
veganmav is offline  
Old 12-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #224
bigruk
grinder
 
bigruk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: on a plane
Posts: 695
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foux View Post
Look for huge amounts of AP/UB merch on eBay.
winnar
bigruk is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #225
Chuck504
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 135
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmav View Post
sweet, from this it sounds like I can expect my frozen UB funds within the next few weeks! nice!!
can't tell if serious
Chuck504 is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive