Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #151
People_Mover
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,185
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkconcept View Post
Don't care what anybody says, cereus did a pretty good job coming out of this mess with the hand they were dealt. I had a small 5 figure sum when they got shut down, and it might have taken 5-6 months, but i got every penny back. Considering what happened to FTP, I think cereus actually did the best job they possibly could.
lol, what about us Americans? we haven't received sh.it
People_Mover is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #152
GuiGui_88
old hand
 
GuiGui_88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,660
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

hehe yeah it's a pretty self-centered way to view it but to be fair he did specify "with the hand they were dealt". Post BF once mr.Prasad down in Malta calls up Leggett and says "uh yeah you know that number you asked for the other day... well it's 6m... sry brah" is there really a great ending possible? It's not like Cereus controls outside interest from miracle investors. Sign a deal with the ppl that have some of your millions and use the remaining millions to lawyer up I guess.

It's much more interesting to look at how we got there in the first place as opposed to how well it was handled once we got there (by there I mean 6m of liquid and having 2/3rds of your player base in a "dangerous" market)
GuiGui_88 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 11:18 AM   #153
LT22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,842
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkconcept View Post
Don't care what anybody says, cereus did a pretty good job coming out of this mess with the hand they were dealt. I had a small 5 figure sum when they got shut down, and it might have taken 5-6 months, but i got every penny back. Considering what happened to FTP, I think cereus actually did the best job they possibly could.
YOU got paid with the rest of OUR money, gfy
LT22 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #154
john_
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 175
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkconcept View Post
Don't care what anybody says, cereus did a pretty good job coming out of this mess with the hand they were dealt. I had a small 5 figure sum when they got shut down, and it might have taken 5-6 months, but i got every penny back. Considering what happened to FTP, I think cereus actually did the best job they possibly could.
4 figure* (maybe)

5 figure is impossible.

6 months x 4.3 weeks x $250 a week = $6,450 max possible payout not that anyone got anything close to that

I'm glad to see you get paid in full with essentially what is left of our collective absolute money.
john_ is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #155
OMGMileyCyrus
adept
 
OMGMileyCyrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 725
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_ View Post
4 figure* (maybe)

5 figure is impossible.

6 months x 4.3 weeks x $250 a week = $6,450 max possible payout not that anyone got anything close to that

I'm glad to see you get paid in full with essentially what is left of our collective absolute money.
UB paid there props 500 a week + whatever they raked, 250 when they changed it to 250.
OMGMileyCyrus is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #156
john_
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 175
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGMileyCyrus View Post
UB paid there props 500 a week + whatever they raked, 250 when they changed it to 250.
I see... thanks for the correction.

Only makes me feel more cheated though.
john_ is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #157
Make_it_rain187
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 258
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_ View Post
4 figure* (maybe)

5 figure is impossible.

6 months x 4.3 weeks x $250 a week = $6,450 max possible payout not that anyone got anything close to that

I'm glad to see you get paid in full with essentially what is left of our collective absolute money.
Actually it was easy enough to open multiple accouts transfer your funds and withdraw on every account using insta debit. If you did this from day 1 it's easy to cash out 5 figs. Only problem is by the time I thought of that it was too late
Make_it_rain187 is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 05:52 AM   #158
NoahSD
Is Right
 
NoahSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,865
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiGui_88 View Post
hehe yeah it's a pretty self-centered way to view it but to be fair he did specify "with the hand they were dealt". Post BF once mr.Prasad down in Malta calls up Leggett and says "uh yeah you know that number you asked for the other day... well it's 6m... sry brah" is there really a great ending possible? It's not like Cereus controls outside interest from miracle investors. Sign a deal with the ppl that have some of your millions and use the remaining millions to lawyer up I guess.

It's much more interesting to look at how we got there in the first place as opposed to how well it was handled once we got there (by there I mean 6m of liquid and having 2/3rds of your player base in a "dangerous" market)
They obviously got there by robbing their customers.
NoahSD is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #159
ElevenGrover
adept
 
ElevenGrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,037
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahSD View Post
They obviously got there by robbing their customers.
I would be interested to know what the reserves looked like in Oct of 2006 for each of the separate entities. It would also be interesting to know what the reserves were in late 2008 when the two rooms finally combined. Finally, I would like to know what the reserves looked like in 2010 when they "settled" with Excapsa. Excapsa ended up with almost exactly the same amount of cash that is missing and it seems likely the majority of the player base came from the UB side. A little less than a third of that cash was supposedly given over to pay for the fraud (the evidence doesn't support Leggett actually paying out the total) but the rest was disbursed to UB founders.
ElevenGrover is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #160
LT22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,842
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElevenGrover View Post
I would be interested to know what the reserves looked like in Oct of 2006 for each of the separate entities. It would also be interesting to know what the reserves were in late 2008 when the two rooms finally combined. Finally, I would like to know what the reserves looked like in 2010 when they "settled" with Excapsa. Excapsa ended up with almost exactly the same amount of cash that is missing and it seems likely the majority of the player base came from the UB side. A little less than a third of that cash was supposedly given over to pay for the fraud (the evidence doesn't support Leggett actually paying out the total) but the rest was disbursed to UB founders.
evidence?
LT22 is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #161
ElevenGrover
adept
 
ElevenGrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,037
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT22 View Post
evidence?
I guess your question is prolly a level, but if not http://www.wsbg.com/en/liquidation.html

I think folks on a poker forum discussed it at some length.
ElevenGrover is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #162
MoreThanAMouthful
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 37
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

does anyone realize they still have their former site pros listed as current pros on all UB-related sites?

why would anyone consider they would be paid back by such a consistent group of scumbags?
MoreThanAMouthful is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 02:06 AM   #163
darkconcept
veteran
 
darkconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,221
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

You're right. My view was personal, they handled my situation different than others. Of course I feel for American players. My wording obviously wasn't upto par, but I was trying to speak for myself. To the person who didn't believe my figure, I had approx 14K that I received slowly. They only had 250max for the first month or so, then it was increased several times. I'm sure they have handled some of your situations badly, but they handled mine fairly well comparitively to FTP. When this started I thought for sure my FTP would be received, and cereus would bail. I'm grateful it didnt work out like that.

Once again, extremely sorry if I offended anyone. That was inconsiderate.
darkconcept is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 04:36 AM   #164
Sailboats
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGMileyCyrus View Post
UB paid there props 500 a week + whatever they raked, 250 when they changed it to 250.
no they didnt. stop making **** up
 
Old 11-07-2011, 05:01 AM   #165
(._X)0---(^_^)
banned
 
(._X)0---(^_^)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Monaco
Posts: 656
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

just bought a paperclip at their auction.. so who got back 50cents?
(._X)0---(^_^) is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 05:52 AM   #166
donkiman
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 506
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElevenGrover View Post
I guess your question is prolly a level, but if not http://www.wsbg.com/en/liquidation.html

I think folks on a poker forum discussed it at some length.
If you have the link to the thread discussing these documents, it would be appreciated (or some kind of summary). I began reading, but there's just way too much lawyer verbiage. From what I read so far it seems Gordon and Norton are just figuring out ways to payoff imaginary debt with site proceeds while transferring ownership and limiting the liability of certain parties.
donkiman is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #167
OMGMileyCyrus
adept
 
OMGMileyCyrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 725
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailboats View Post
no they didnt. stop making **** up
lol how am I making **** up ? I was a prop and probably got more out then anyone they paid me every week.
OMGMileyCyrus is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #168
xaxa
old hand
 
xaxa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,499
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

im jelous.
oh and i also use my "1time" here...
xaxa is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #169
prodonkey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: F me
Posts: 14,597
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGMileyCyrus View Post
lol how am I making **** up ? I was a prop and probably got more out then anyone they paid me every week.
well this wasn't true for everyone, because I know a few props who got barely anything out.
prodonkey is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #170
OMGMileyCyrus
adept
 
OMGMileyCyrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 725
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodonkey View Post
well this wasn't true for everyone, because I know a few props who got barely anything out.
my apologies I shouldn't speak on behalf of all, they never missed a payment to me until the end.
OMGMileyCyrus is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #171
1MoreFish4U
adept
 
1MoreFish4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Above Ground, Mostly
Posts: 795
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGMileyCyrus View Post
my apologies I shouldn't speak on behalf of all, they never missed a payment to me until the end.
+1
1MoreFish4U is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #172
cereuslypissed
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 177
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailboats View Post
no they didnt. stop making **** up


your wrong.


props did get weekly payouts for awhile.

if you had a visa it was as high as a 1000 for awhile.

plus 80-90% of whatever rake you generated.

Of course it didnt last even after being told payouts would be weekly and on time.
cereuslypissed is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #173
Hicham
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brussels,Belgium
Posts: 221
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Has Cereus communicated anything at all about how or when this will happen since the first communication?

Has the DOJ reacted yet?

We are getting some money back, but are we looking at a Tusk scenario where it takes years for us to get paid, while in the meantime lawyers and liquidators suck the assets dry?
Hicham is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #174
GCP
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 590
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Sailboats was a prop too. So was I. We didn't receive any preferential treatment. In fact, all the US props were unceremoniously dismissed the day after BF. I haven't seen a dime. Prop managers stopped responding to AIMs and e-mails. Out in the dark like everyone else.

Maybe the international props received preferential treatment, I can't speak to that. I would tend to doubt it though.
GCP is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #175
OMGMileyCyrus
adept
 
OMGMileyCyrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 725
Re: Cereus Plans to Liquidate Assets, Repay Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCP View Post
Sailboats was a prop too. So was I. We didn't receive any preferential treatment. In fact, all the US props were unceremoniously dismissed the day after BF. I haven't seen a dime. Prop managers stopped responding to AIMs and e-mails. Out in the dark like everyone else.

Maybe the international props received preferential treatment, I can't speak to that. I would tend to doubt it though.
That's exactly what happened after BF all the prop supervisors were fired I got a random email from a "new supervisor" and he manually processed my payouts weekly. US props got the shaft once BF happened.
OMGMileyCyrus is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive