Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Online No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em online cash games of all stakes, including pot-limit and cap games.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #201
TheDataKid
Pooh-Bah
 
TheDataKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: I am such a sexy motherfukkaa
Posts: 3,866
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
It may only be a game but if you treat things in life as just a game, or just a job, or just a task, then you'll never rise to the top. The best leaders, the best players, the smartest geeks, don't become the best by treating it just as a game, they get to be the best because they are committed and work hard and want to be the best they can be, they push themselves, they break their comfort zones, they keep on going even when they don't feel like it, because thats what winnrs do.
What they also do is not beating themselfs up. If you beat yourself up every time it doesn't go your way you will have a pretty hard life,

when I say poker is only a game, I mean to say it's nothing compare to the real things that matter in life.
It's beautiful people are very motivated to become very good at something, but there is more in life.

Being frustrated isn't bad, and winners know that frustrating is only something they have to dig trough so they will reach the gold.

Gold is methaphor, gold could be a skill, money etc.

If people say: "**** my life", because of a bad run at poker, I think it's important to realize that poker isn't your life,
Like money is only a source to play poker, so is poker a source to play your life like you want to play it.

I am not saying you should take this game easy, and not work daily to improve yourself, but I AM saying you are making poker way more then it is if you equals life to it.
TheDataKid is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #202
McAvoy
banned
 
McAvoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Apostle of Hope
Posts: 46,476
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDataKid View Post
What they also do is not beating themselves up. If you beat yourself up every time it doesn't go your way you will have a pretty hard life,

when I say poker is only a game, I mean to say it's nothing compare to the real things that matter in life.

Being frustrated isn't bad, and winners know that frustrating is only something they have to dig trough so they will reach the gold.

If people say: "**** my life", because of a bad run at poker, I think it's important to realize that poker isn't your life,
Like money is only a source to play poker, so is poker a source to play your life like you want to play it.

I am not saying you should take this game easy, and not work daily to improve yourself, but I AM saying you are making poker way more then it is if you equals life to it.
You make some important points and I agree with them for the most part. However you bring up some points that I would like to elaborate on. Specifically the beating yourself up part.

I'm not an optimist but I think many people's downfall is they fail to see the bright side of things, they allow themselves to get clouded by negativity. I just see how it impacts people, it sneaks up on you and impacts you more and more.
McAvoy is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #203
juguerra
veteran
 
juguerra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I'm not that guy.
Posts: 2,806
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Okay, so Starsplanner is F-ing my life.

I try to configure that ***** and my tables disappear. Then I have to restart the computer or Stars won't work. I read the tutorial in the software forum and stuff, but I'm beggining to think it's some incompatiblity between something and something else (as you see, I'm very good with computers).

Pele may be able to help me on this one, since he is our software genius.
juguerra is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #204
McAvoy
banned
 
McAvoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Apostle of Hope
Posts: 46,476
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

****DILEMNA******

I'm pretty much playing FT, in order to play properly, I've taken some lifestyle changes, I've quit drinking and I also got rid of all my g/f's except for one. I still socialize and attend family functions.

I'm trying to make platinum this month, and eventually make SN. However my biggest goal is to increase my bankroll and continually move up in levels. I'm succeeding so far more less.

However I met this other girl on NYE, we ended up making out. However the next day I realized she's not quite as pretty as I initially thought. She's slightly over weight but the thing is she has red head and I've always had a thing for redheads and I don't think I've ever had a true firecrotch.

However if I'm going to see the firecrotch, I'm going to have to invest some time as she's a good girl. So now that means she will become a time leak. Plus its my daughters bday this weekend so I'll have her for the whole weekend.

Now when it comes to drinking, I've cut it out 100%, its a hardfast rule. However I'm questioning now do I need a hardfast rule when it comes to women? Its so easy to get sidetracked.

The thing is, I don't really like her that much, I'm only doing it because of the novetly (firecrotch) aspect. Now I don't care what The Morality Police says about using women, its not a concern for me, so save your lectures.

But my question is, do I cut these time leaks before they become too much or am I cutting out too much of my life, my problem is the snowball effect. Next thing you know, I'll have 3 g/f's and won't be playing the volume I want. My goal for February is 100k hands.
McAvoy is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #205
richbrown360
Pooh-Bah
 
richbrown360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In Thailand
Posts: 4,571
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

I just made a vid @ 25NL. Its got no audio yet, going to add that in tomorrow if I can. was lots of fun. Got into a 350bb pot. Some funny stuff happened and I got owned a couple of times.

I can post it this week sometime if anyone is interested, there are a lot of vid threads at the moment tho.
richbrown360 is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 12:19 AM   #206
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by richbrown360 View Post
I just made a vid @ 25NL. Its got no audio yet, going to add that in tomorrow if I can. was lots of fun. Got into a 350bb pot. Some funny stuff happened and I got owned a couple of times.

I can post it this week sometime if anyone is interested, there are a lot of vid threads at the moment tho.
Rich...if u want i can post the vid on my site. just produce it as a .swf, .flv, or .wmv and i can give you a page so ppl can view without DLing.

and i would wait a week or so to release given the huge influx for vids this week
*Split* is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 12:25 AM   #207
richbrown360
Pooh-Bah
 
richbrown360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In Thailand
Posts: 4,571
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Split* View Post
Rich...if u want i can post the vid on my site. just produce it as a .swf, .flv, or .wmv and i can give you a page so ppl can view without DLing.

and i would wait a week or so to release given the huge influx for vids this week
Yeah? that sounds good. I'm sure I can convert it to a flash file some how on this lame PC. I've been using Camtasia for now, I have flash MX that I can use to make an imbedded video player to play on a website. that would be gravy.
richbrown360 is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 12:28 AM   #208
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by richbrown360 View Post
Yeah? that sounds good. I'm sure I can convert it to a flash file some how on this lame PC. I've been using Camtasia for now, I have flash MX that I can use to make an imbedded video player to play on a website. that would be gravy.
in camtasia just go to "produce as" and then select one of the files i mentioned. if you need help, just IM or PM me
*Split* is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 12:40 AM   #209
notontilt09
chopping down Ivey
 
notontilt09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Live Pro???????
Posts: 5,764
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

T-minus 21 minutes until I turn the big 2-1.

So of course I'm out partying w/ friends, getting wasted, banging hawt chicks.... oh wait, no, my school likes to F me in the A. So I'm turning 21 while I write a lab report in the library.

Time for self imposed 2p2 ban until morning.
notontilt09 is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 12:40 AM   #210
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAvoy View Post
****DILEMNA******

I'm pretty much playing FT, in order to play properly, I've taken some lifestyle changes, I've quit drinking and I also got rid of all my g/f's except for one. I still socialize and attend family functions.

I'm trying to make platinum this month, and eventually make SN. However my biggest goal is to increase my bankroll and continually move up in levels. I'm succeeding so far more less.

However I met this other girl on NYE, we ended up making out. However the next day I realized she's not quite as pretty as I initially thought. She's slightly over weight but the thing is she has red head and I've always had a thing for redheads and I don't think I've ever had a true firecrotch.

However if I'm going to see the firecrotch, I'm going to have to invest some time as she's a good girl. So now that means she will become a time leak. Plus its my daughters bday this weekend so I'll have her for the whole weekend.

Now when it comes to drinking, I've cut it out 100%, its a hardfast rule. However I'm questioning now do I need a hardfast rule when it comes to women? Its so easy to get sidetracked.

The thing is, I don't really like her that much, I'm only doing it because of the novetly (firecrotch) aspect. Now I don't care what The Morality Police says about using women, its not a concern for me, so save your lectures.

But my question is, do I cut these time leaks before they become too much or am I cutting out too much of my life, my problem is the snowball effect. Next thing you know, I'll have 3 g/f's and won't be playing the volume I want. My goal for February is 100k hands.

BBV thread.....
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 12:51 AM   #211
I vi ii V7
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
I vi ii V7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Aiming for 100% fold to 3b
Posts: 9,998
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Anyone here speak French? I need something translated and I don't trust online translation sites.
I vi ii V7 is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 12:55 AM   #212
Conan776
Pooh-Bah
 
Conan776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Land of the Great Blue Hill
Posts: 3,703
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyG-SD View Post
BBV thread.....
+1.
Conan776 is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 12:58 AM   #213
McAvoy
banned
 
McAvoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Apostle of Hope
Posts: 46,476
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyG-SD View Post
BBV thread.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan776 View Post
+1.
Its not a brag though, its standard for me. I'm serious.
McAvoy is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 03:36 AM   #214
mpethybridge
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mpethybridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: 86.4% dead, most likely
Posts: 16,997
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

wowowow, wild ride tonight:



800 hands of $100 and 3000 hands of $50. The $200 loss @1460 was complete spew.

Still, very satisfying to be down nearly $400, running several BIs below EV and manage to book a win.
mpethybridge is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 04:27 AM   #215
Cangurino
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Cangurino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Circus
Posts: 13,478
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by I vi ii V7 View Post
Anyone here speak French? I need something translated and I don't trust online translation sites.
I'm not a native speaker of either French or English, but shoot me a pm. Depends if you are writing to l'Academie Francaise or to some swiss chick
Cangurino is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 04:32 AM   #216
SammyG-SD
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SammyG-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Original Bacon MVP
Posts: 12,600
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

yuk...I guess everyone only has the top of their range tonight...........
SammyG-SD is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 04:37 AM   #217
TheDataKid
Pooh-Bah
 
TheDataKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: I am such a sexy motherfukkaa
Posts: 3,866
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyG-SD View Post
yuk...I guess everyone only has the top of their range tonight...........
yes they do!
TheDataKid is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 04:40 AM   #218
TheDataKid
Pooh-Bah
 
TheDataKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: I am such a sexy motherfukkaa
Posts: 3,866
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAvoy View Post
You make some important points and I agree with them for the most part. However you bring up some points that I would like to elaborate on. Specifically the beating yourself up part.

I'm not an optimist but I think many people's downfall is they fail to see the bright side of things, they allow themselves to get clouded by negativity. I just see how it impacts people, it sneaks up on you and impacts you more and more.
Yes, if you make a wrong play you can take it as a new thing you learned, or as an excuse to call yourself a bad player
TheDataKid is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 04:41 AM   #219
pele02
Pooh-Bah
 
pele02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Folding the nuts to a raise
Posts: 4,531
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by juguerra View Post
Okay, so Starsplanner is F-ing my life.

I try to configure that ***** and my tables disappear. Then I have to restart the computer or Stars won't work. I read the tutorial in the software forum and stuff, but I'm beggining to think it's some incompatiblity between something and something else (as you see, I'm very good with computers).

Pele may be able to help me on this one, since he is our software genius.
That doesn't sound good. Never used Starsplanner myself so I have no idea how it works. Have you checked if there are any new versions of Starsplanner out which you can download. Could it be that your AntiVirus program somehow interferes. Do you run Vista or XP? Maybe it's some incompatibility with Vista.

Just throwing some stuff out....
pele02 is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 04:43 AM   #220
Cangurino
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Cangurino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Circus
Posts: 13,478
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Oh, since you bring it up...

Spoiler:
Cangurino is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 05:00 AM   #221
pele02
Pooh-Bah
 
pele02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Folding the nuts to a raise
Posts: 4,531
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangurino View Post
Oh, since you bring it up...

Spoiler:
I have vista on my laptop and it works, but some small things annoys me. Take the control panel i.e why the hell put some stuff in there in the traditional way with icons and some stuff you have to click a small hardly noticable hyperlink in the left pane? And wtf did they do with the file copy stuff, is it just me or is copying files on to and from a vista machine way slower than on XP? Hope they make this easier in Win7.
pele02 is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 05:03 AM   #222
Bostik
old hand
 
Bostik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Outside the Bell Curve
Posts: 1,694
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDataKid View Post
Yes, if you make a wrong play you can take it as a new thing you learned, or as an excuse to call yourself a bad player
Therein lies true wisdom.

Edison had a similar attitude (despite apparently having been a complete prick): when asked why he had failed a thousand times during the invention of lightbulb, his response was "I did not fail a thousand times. I learned a thousand ways which did not work."

That's an attitude we could all benefit from.
Bostik is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 05:26 AM   #223
Cangurino
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Cangurino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Circus
Posts: 13,478
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Yeah, well, maybe I'm just lacking the testicular fortitude... After all, it is a game and supposed to be fun. I will not be a professional, I already have a job. So I'll try to have a little fun.

For now, I'm going on my own private Tour de Micros, at least until my emotional situation stabilizes. Unlike Digger who scavenged all uNL levels I will do my best and plunder the penny-ante levels of all poker variants known to man... or rather, known to PokerStars. I won't bore you with my exploits, however I will annoy you with my continued presence in this forum.

Good luck to all, and may you find whatever the heck you're seeking.
Cangurino is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 05:33 AM   #224
TheDataKid
Pooh-Bah
 
TheDataKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: I am such a sexy motherfukkaa
Posts: 3,866
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

you sound like you are ending a movie with a great dialog Cangurino

Bostik, did you just call me a prick?
kidding
TheDataKid is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 05:42 AM   #225
Cangurino
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Cangurino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Circus
Posts: 13,478
Re: *****Official February "greatest place on the interwebs" Chat Thread!*****

Sorry, didn't mean to come across so melodramatic
Cangurino is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive