Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Online No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em online cash games of all stakes, including pot-limit and cap games.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #4701
ready 2 win
Pooh-Bah
 
ready 2 win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,968
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus asinus View Post
Imfromsweden: What was your sample size at 50 and 100? Just curious.
+1

Yeah, I think this is a style you have to be born for. Not sure if I could handle 23/20...
ready 2 win is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #4702
imfromsweden
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
imfromsweden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,152
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus asinus View Post
Imfromsweden: What was your sample size at 50 and 100? Just curious.
30-40k at both. (Note: Both my winrates are EV adjusted, my real winrate is slighty lower)
imfromsweden is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #4703
imfromsweden
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
imfromsweden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,152
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready 2 win View Post
+1

Yeah, I think this is a style you have to be born for. Not sure if I could handle 23/20...
You obviously don't have to play that laggy, but maybe you'll learn to play at least a little laggier. Open your eyes for a few more possible steal and bluff scenarios pherhaps?
imfromsweden is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #4704
ready 2 win
Pooh-Bah
 
ready 2 win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,968
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfromsweden View Post
You obviously don't have to play that laggy, but maybe you'll learn to play at least a little laggier. Open your eyes for a few more possible steal and bluff scenarios pherhaps?
I try to adjust my game at the moment because I am not that happy with my stats at the moment. So I am open for every new things at the moment.

I think my steal is already somekind of decent but I have to admit I have sometimes problems to find a good bluff spot because the mircos are not popular for folding IMO.
ready 2 win is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 05:20 PM   #4705
Equus asinus
veteran
 
Equus asinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,842
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

I play pretty loose, looser than I should. I don't have the skillz to back it up fully, but for some reason it is my natural style. As I plug certain leaks I'm sure my stats will tighten up.

One thing that I didn't understand when I first started playing loose was that you have to be able to get away from bad situations pretty easily postflop. That is really one of the keys of small ball. It's really not about huge sick bluffs like you would think. If you are interested in it I definitely suggest Split's super lag video on stox.

I don't know enough about Imfrowswedens's style, but based on the hands he poasts, I'm not sure he is small ball semi-lag. Looks more like he is developing into a full blown lag complete with flip flopping red and blue lines.

Also, I really don't think you can fairly call 30-40k samples big samples. If you can maintain those winrates over a few hundred k then you can start to call them bigger samples. 30-40k really isn't much.
Equus asinus is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #4706
Equus asinus
veteran
 
Equus asinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,842
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready 2 win View Post
I try to adjust my game at the moment because I am not that happy with my stats at the moment. So I am open for every new things at the moment.

I think my steal is already somekind of decent but I have to admit I have sometimes problems to find a good bluff spot because the mircos are not popular for folding IMO.
Seriously, don't worry about trying to adjust your game b/c you aren't happy with your stats. You should be thinking about situations that you want to exploit, and optimal play for the style you are trying to develop. The stats will fall into place automatically. Think of them more as a tool to help identify leaks, rather than a motivation to play in a certain manner.
Equus asinus is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #4707
KurtSF
Lucky Number Seven
 
KurtSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 0EV against everyone ... seriously
Posts: 16,471
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready 2 win View Post
I try to adjust my game at the moment because I am not that happy with my stats at the moment. So I am open for every new things at the moment.
For me I became a LAG once I stopped caring about my stats. Now its like a feedback loop, and I couldn't tell you what my various stats are if you asked.

"Kurt, what's your cbet%?"
Ummmmm, a lot???

Understanding why you're doing what you're doing is wayyyy more important than pretty looking stats. Good stats will result from a good game, but will not crate one. (mpethy said it better)
KurtSF is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #4708
imfromsweden
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
imfromsweden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,152
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus asinus View Post
I play pretty loose, looser than I should. I don't have the skillz to back it up fully, but for some reason it is my natural style. As I plug certain leaks I'm sure my stats will tighten up.

One thing that I didn't understand when I first started playing loose was that you have to be able to get away from bad situations pretty easily postflop. That is really one of the keys of small ball. It's really not about huge sick bluffs like you would think. If you are interested in it I definitely suggest Split's super lag video on stox.

I don't know enough about Imfrowswedens's style, but based on the hands he poasts, I'm not sure he is small ball semi-lag. Looks more like he is developing into a full blown lag complete with flip flopping red and blue lines.

Also, I really don't think you can fairly call 30-40k samples big samples. If you can maintain those winrates over a few hundred k then you can start to call them bigger samples. 30-40k really isn't much.
This is exactly how I feel. I play too loose for my current skill, and I think it's effecting my winrate. But whatever, it's working.

I know 30-40k samples aren't really big samples, but it gives you a general idea still.
imfromsweden is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #4709
Jos
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 1,372
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus asinus View Post
Seriously, don't worry about trying to adjust your game b/c you aren't happy with your stats. You should be thinking about situations that you want to exploit, and optimal play for the style you are trying to develop. The stats will fall into place automatically. Think of them more as a tool to help identify leaks, rather than a motivation to play in a certain manner.
I agree .. play whatever way you feel comfortable with and look for avenues to improve ..

Someone playing a 15/12 will probably make good money over time .. but he/she can then look into possibly stealing / squeezing a little more and 3betting standard positional raises that little bit more ..

These are probably all standard improvements that one can make when they are happy playing a 15/12 game a feel like just opening up that little bit more ..

Saying that .. i tried to squeeze with 84s tonight and it turned into my biggest loss of the session ..

I suppose there is a difference between FPS and looking to improve.

Live and learn and all that ..
Jos is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #4710
Equus asinus
veteran
 
Equus asinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,842
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfromsweden View Post
This is exactly how I feel. I play too loose for my current skill, and I think it's effecting my winrate. But whatever, it's working.

I know 30-40k samples aren't really big samples, but it gives you a general idea still.
Yeah, playing looser gives you the opportunity to make mistakes at a faster rate. Making mistakes at a faster rate gives you the opportunity to learn faster - if you actually try to understand the mistakes that is. Funny thing is I have been trying to "nit it up" more. I am on a heater right now though, so perhaps I am nitting it up more but just getting smacked by the deck.

Yeah, not saying your results are pure variance or anything, but over that sample size, variance can play more of a role than you would like to think, even accounting for all in EV.
Equus asinus is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #4711
ready 2 win
Pooh-Bah
 
ready 2 win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,968
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

You are all right I think. It seems like I am looking from the wrong end. Sure good game results in good stats. And because I know I have to do a lot of work on my game my stats will someday look like they should. Hopefully.
ready 2 win is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #4712
Jos
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 1,372
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtSF View Post
For me I became a LAG once I stopped caring about my stats. Now its like a feedback loop, and I couldn't tell you what my various stats are if you asked.

"Kurt, what's your cbet%?"
Ummmmm, a lot???

Understanding why you're doing what you're doing is wayyyy more important than pretty looking stats. Good stats will result from a good game, but will not crate one. (mpethy said it better)
This is something im trying to address ..

On HEM i show my VPIP , PFR , hands stats for information purposes on that particular table ..

In one way .. its good to know how your playing on that given table incase you dont have many hands on a villian and you get an idea of what he might think of you ...

I could easily be card dead and running like 5/2 over 100 hands and villian may have a false idea of how i play ..

The downside of that is the above mentioned 5/2 stat gets on my nerves and im impatient to increase it as it looks plain ugly ..

So i think i might actually remove my own stats when playing .
Jos is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 05:44 PM   #4713
KurtSF
Lucky Number Seven
 
KurtSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 0EV against everyone ... seriously
Posts: 16,471
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus asinus View Post
Yeah, playing looser gives you the opportunity to make mistakes at a faster rate.
Ah yes, but it also provides you opponents more opportunities to make mistakes!

I learned this when I tried the 100vpip challenge at 2nl and crushed. That was a year ago, so its not like it happened over night, but that was the event that started my whole "loosen up" kick.
KurtSF is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #4714
imfromsweden
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
imfromsweden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,152
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jos View Post
I agree .. play whatever way you feel comfortable with and look for avenues to improve ..

Someone playing a 15/12 will probably make good money over time .. but he/she can then look into possibly stealing / squeezing a little more and 3betting standard positional raises that little bit more ..

These are probably all standard improvements that one can make when they are happy playing a 15/12 game a feel like just opening up that little bit more ..

Saying that .. i tried to squeeze with 84s tonight and it turned into my biggest loss of the session ..

I suppose there is a difference between FPS and looking to improve.

Live and learn and all that ..
I 4bet 56o and called of the rest of my stack with bottom pair tonight when villain had AA. It's like they say, "There's a thin line between Genious and insaity"
imfromsweden is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #4715
Equus asinus
veteran
 
Equus asinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,842
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

If you are running 5/2 your steals are gonna get mad respect. Just start stealing more on those tables imo.

I'd keep your stats b/c like you say, it helps you track your image against hudbots.

Although sometimes the tables are just sooo loose aggro you have no choice but to button down and wait for a hand. I was playing a table the other day and noticed my attempt to steal was 0% over 70 hands!! I was like WTF? Later I stole twice and my ATS shot to 100%. LOL - it wasn't that my game had drifted, it was just that the table was nuts aggro.
Equus asinus is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #4716
Equus asinus
veteran
 
Equus asinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,842
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jos View Post
Saying that .. i tried to squeeze with 84s tonight and it turned into my biggest loss of the session ..

I suppose there is a difference between FPS and looking to improve.

Live and learn and all that ..
Yeah. #1 if you are experimenting, don't be too hard on yourself when you make mistakes. You are *going* to make mistakes. It is part of the learning process and you can't do anything about it.

2. Don't be too results oriented. Just because a move is EV+ doesn't mean it works all the time.

Here is something that took me a while to realize:

If you are squeezing 84s you know that it is a stone cold bluff. If you get caught bluffing, until you know when to barrel (not sure I do yet lol) it's probably best to just give up when you get called. For example, if you squeeze in a good spot with trash and get called, flop comes 973 rainbow, you absolutely don't need to follow it up with more aggression. That is a spot a good spot to say, well, the squeeze itself was EV+, but didn't work. Betting would be trying to rep AA/KK but villain probably won't notice, and isn't going to fold JJ anyway - time to cut my losses c/f instead of throwing more money into a bad situation.

It is hard, there is a very thin line between FPS/spew and good play.
Equus asinus is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #4717
KurtSF
Lucky Number Seven
 
KurtSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 0EV against everyone ... seriously
Posts: 16,471
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus asinus View Post
If you are squeezing 84s you know that it is a stone cold bluff. If you get caught bluffing, until you know when to barrel (not sure I do yet lol) it's probably best to just give up when you get called. For example, if you squeeze in a good spot with trash and get called, flop comes 973 rainbow, you absolutely don't need to follow it up with more aggression. That is a spot a good spot to say, well, the squeeze itself was EV+, but didn't work. Betting would be trying to rep AA/KK but villain probably won't notice, and isn't going to fold JJ anyway - time to cut my losses c/f instead of throwing more money into a bad situation.
Good advice imo.
KurtSF is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #4718
Jos
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 1,372
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Yeah .. its no big deal to get caught with your hand in the cookie jar .. so to speak ..

I think im doing ok with slowing down post flop when i really cant rep anything and the board just smacks villians hand range and not mine ..

It bugs me somehwhat that i maybe play too much small ball in certain situations and will let certain hands go .. especially if the session is a dry one as it is ..

Again results orientated and not thinking long term is something im very aware of ..something im well known in failing badly at
Jos is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #4719
Ricky1231
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ricky1231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,663
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Hey dudes,

I'm sure most of you don't know me but I'm a regular poster in small and mid-high stakes fr. I'm going to be making full ring videos for stox poker and given that most of you can get memberships to Stox for free, I figured I'd pass this along.

Peace
Ricky1231 is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #4720
TimTamBiscuit
veteran
 
TimTamBiscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: cRUSHed!!!!!!
Posts: 2,134
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Yep I should have 3B with a quality hand like 73o instead of this AK trash... the joys of playing lag...

Full Tilt Poker $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

SB: $14.79
BB: $12.25
UTG: $29.75
UTG+1: $27.98
MP1: $27.48
MP2: $14.75
CO: $23.26
Hero (BTN): $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with A K
2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.75, MP2 calls $0.75, CO calls $0.75, Hero raises to $4.10, 2 folds, MP1 calls $3.35, MP2 calls $3.35, 1 fold

Flop: ($13.40) 3 7 2 (3 players)
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero ??

MP1 is 59/20/3, MP2 is 53/7/3.0
TimTamBiscuit is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 10:22 PM   #4721
MATEUSZEK
Pooh-Bah
 
MATEUSZEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sunglasses and Advil
Posts: 3,598
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Hero bets. 8.50 < Checks turn. Hits ace on river, non diamond. = win.
MATEUSZEK is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #4722
JLBorloo
Pooh-Bah
 
JLBorloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: think global, bang local.
Posts: 5,222
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATEUSZEK View Post
Hero bets. 8.50 < Checks turn. Hits ace on river, non diamond. = win.
checking back 3way here is the only option. Do you think they are folding anything they called preflop with on this flop ?
JLBorloo is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 11:07 PM   #4723
RapidEvolution
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RapidEvolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Teaching Math and hoarding play $$
Posts: 6,932
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBorloo View Post
checking back 3way here is the only option. Do you think they are folding anything they called preflop with on this flop ?
If they call with worse overcards, I imagine shipping here isn't super terrible.

(it probably is, though)

If both players had MP2's stack, I think I'd close my eyes and ship tho.
RapidEvolution is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #4724
Equus asinus
veteran
 
Equus asinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,842
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

OMG, I just typed that advice about spew, and what do I go and do???

Spew off a stack. With absolute garbage. At 100 nl. F Me I'm an idiot lol.

Some habits die hard.
Equus asinus is offline  
Old 09-11-2009, 12:40 AM   #4725
MATEUSZEK
Pooh-Bah
 
MATEUSZEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sunglasses and Advil
Posts: 3,598
Re: ***Official 2009 Micro Stakes FR Full Tilt Regulars Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBorloo View Post
checking back 3way here is the only option. Do you think they are folding anything they called preflop with on this flop ?
A ton of stuff. Except 7's - 10's. Original raiser raises 20% of his hands. That's where the turn comes in, if it's a good card to fire at, do it. If not, you see two "free" cards.

Nothing wrong with showing strength when you possibly have the best hand. Only person I'd worry a little about was the guy that flatted original raisers bet. I'm assuming his range is weighted towards pocketpairs. But even then he played over 50% of his hands.

Last edited by MATEUSZEK; 09-11-2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: fold to 3bet stat would be nice too.
MATEUSZEK is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive