Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #25476
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto Post-Mortem Discussion

if you can't provide the evidence then i'm forced to conclude there's a high chance that either you're lying or have been duped.
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #25477
Dids
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Social Justice War Room
Posts: 60,880
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto Post-Mortem Discussion

FWIW I don't believe Roman ip matched to anybody. Obviously somebody in whatever we're calling those guys has the proxy hook-up somewehre.
Dids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #25478
SirOsis
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SirOsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cowboy territory with no sheriff
Posts: 29,516
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto Post-Mortem Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
if you can't provide the evidence then i'm forced to conclude there's a high chance that you've either lying or have been duped.
Heels isn't lying.

By the way, tarheeljks, why is Christian Laettner so happy in your avatar? Didn't Duke recently suffer one of the biggest upsets in NCAA tournament history?
SirOsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #25479
Triumph36
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Triumph36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Osi Ukin'-yora
Posts: 40,914
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto Post-Mortem Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
if you can't provide the evidence then i'm forced to conclude there's a high chance that you've either lying or have been duped.
yeah, this. it shouldn't've been hard to free him if it were obvious he was from somewhere else.

tuq: that's why i said 'unless you're referred here by someone'. with the poker boom long over and the barriers to entry in most sports discussions here pretty high i don't think we'll see that many new users who wander in here. we might see friends of current users, although our post counts might be too shamefully high for much of that. what i'm saying is that it's possible for someone from another board to come over here, start posting in the 2p2 fashion, and be suspected of being a previously banned user and end up banned himself. i'm saying it's just not very likely.
Triumph36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #25480
tarheeljks
The Dark Knight
 
tarheeljks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: no tacos this year
Posts: 37,657
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto Post-Mortem Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
if you can't provide the evidence then i'm forced to conclude there's a high chance that either you're lying or have been duped.
lol really? what incentive do i have to lie about this? seriously?
tarheeljks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #25481
mjw0586
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mjw0586's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 37,375
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto Post-Mortem Discussion

lol phildo
mjw0586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #25482
tarheeljks
The Dark Knight
 
tarheeljks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: no tacos this year
Posts: 37,657
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto Post-Mortem Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph
yeah, this. it shouldn't've been hard to free him if it were obvious he was from somewhere else.
it shouldn't have been, but it was/is. i never expected to have to make numerous posts on the matter (or to be making 4 months after the fact)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post

tuq: that's why i said 'unless you're referred here by someone'. with the poker boom long over and the barriers to entry in most sports discussions here pretty high i don't think we'll see that many new users who wander in here. we might see friends of current users, although our post counts might be too shamefully high for much of that. what i'm saying is that it's possible for someone from another board to come over here, start posting in the 2p2 fashion, and be suspected of being a previously banned user and end up banned himself. i'm saying it's just not very likely in a vacuum.
fyp. this situation is not a vacuum. we have extra info, but it is being ignored.


edit: also, again with the being from "somewhere else." him having had some experience on 2p2 doesn't invalidate anything i've said about knowing his identity

Last edited by tarheeljks; 03-19-2012 at 05:13 PM.
tarheeljks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #25483
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto Post-Mortem Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheeljks View Post
lol really? what incentive do i have to lie about this? seriously?
aren't you kinda ebuddies with most of the people getting banned?

occam's razor/bayesian inference/etc etc i mean give me a break of course i'm not gonna believe you. hell i thought you already covered the fact that what you were selling was extremely hard to swallow:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheeljks View Post
i am obv not going to convince you, or anyone else i guess, but you are wrong all the same
so we went from it being obvious that you're not gonna convince me to lol because you failed to convince me. i see.
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #25484
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto Post-Mortem Discussion

of course the other easily reachable conclusion is that it was your gimmick and you don't want to admit it for some reason
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #25485
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,792
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto Post-Mortem Discussion

how is what phildo is doing not trollin? hes obv not this dumb.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #25486
Pudge714
Modding All Day
 
Pudge714's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Frazier >>>>> Chilly
Posts: 39,104
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto and Roman Debeers Post-Mortem Discussion

Roman isn't TuT i have photographic evidence, but I am not going to post it.
Pudge714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #25487
tarheeljks
The Dark Knight
 
tarheeljks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: no tacos this year
Posts: 37,657
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto and Roman Debeers Post-Mortem Discussion

i talk to them on skype-- when have you seen me speak up for them wrt being banned? you did not see me championing their cause when the hammer was dropped (b/c they had it coming). it shouldn't be hard to swallow b/c i don't have any reason to lie about it and my interaction with debeers carries weight. i can talk to them if i want to talk to them (so can anyone else). i know i'm not going to convince you b/c you have already made up your mind. your reaction was to assume that i am lying

you want to talk about bayesian inference and conditional probabilities? let's go then. when a poster gets banned b/c the mods think he is epi/tut and i staunchly defend him as another individual, what does the following sequence of posts say about the likelihood that i am lying (recall that i basically said nothing when epi/tut were banned)

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=6044

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=6049

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=6055

after reading this for the first time would you be more likely to conclude that i unexpectedly saw someone on the forum, or that i was involved in some kind of level (knowingly or unknowingly)
tarheeljks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #25488
tarheeljks
The Dark Knight
 
tarheeljks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: no tacos this year
Posts: 37,657
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto and Roman Debeers Post-Mortem Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge714 View Post
Roman isn't TuT i have photographic evidence, but I am not going to post it.
oh gmafb. it should be obv why i am hesitant to post SOMEONE ELSE'S personal information
tarheeljks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #25489
Triumph36
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Triumph36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Osi Ukin'-yora
Posts: 40,914
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto and Roman Debeers Post-Mortem Discussion

fwiw i believe tarheel, but the reasons for paranoia are pretty clear, esp. when it was clear that epi and tut loved leveling the entire forum.
Triumph36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #25490
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto and Roman Debeers Post-Mortem Discussion

after reading that series of posts i now think it's most likely your gimmick
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #25491
sethypooh21
Make or Miss League
 
sethypooh21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nylon Calculus etc.
Posts: 47,038
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto and Roman Debeers Post-Mortem Discussion

All this talk of who is and isn't TuT/Jetto/Epi is making it really hard for me to tell if I'm posting in the FAQ or the Werewoldf thread.
sethypooh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #25492
tarheeljks
The Dark Knight
 
tarheeljks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: no tacos this year
Posts: 37,657
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto and Roman Debeers Post-Mortem Discussion

hey wait. it looks like he actually put a picture of himself (i missed this post when it happened i guess) and his name is even in the link!

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=5791


Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph36
fwiw i believe tarheel, but the reasons for paranoia are pretty clear, esp. when it was clear that epi and tut loved leveling the entire forum.
right, totally fair. i did my homework before coming out and saying i knew it wasn't either of them, b/c epi made a half assed attempt to appear (to me) that he actually was debeers. at the point in which he asked me if i lived in san jose i was 99% sure it was no longer either of them (for obv reasons) and at the same time he posted on another forum telling people he had run into me elsewhere. i then found out that i knew various people in real life who know him, one of whom knows him extremely well


Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo
after reading that series of posts i now think it's most likely your gimmick
yes, i even used my own picture!
tarheeljks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #25493
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto and Roman Debeers Post-Mortem Discussion

i'm now convinced that tarheels is the most elite troll on 2+2. he was prob the sole user behind jetto but masterfully set up a bunch of others to take the fall.

wp
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #25494
Fyte On
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Fyte On's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: lane ****ing kiffin bro
Posts: 7,330
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto and Roman Debeers Post-Mortem Discussion

so Tumaterminator made a gimmick and talked to himself

then was part of jetto?

2p2 is weird
Fyte On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #25495
Fyte On
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Fyte On's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: lane ****ing kiffin bro
Posts: 7,330
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto and Roman Debeers Post-Mortem Discussion

do other forvms have gimmicks where people talk to themselves

i feel like this FAQ thread would be such a strange read to someone who has never posted on 2p2 or in SE and just showed up
Fyte On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #25496
mjw0586
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mjw0586's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 37,375
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto and Roman Debeers Post-Mortem Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethypooh21 View Post
All this talk of who is and isn't TuT/Jetto/Epi is making it really hard for me to tell if I'm posting in the FAQ or the Werewoldf thread.
phildo's paranoia is definitely wolfy
mjw0586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #25497
Fyte On
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Fyte On's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: lane ****ing kiffin bro
Posts: 7,330
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto and Roman Debeers Post-Mortem Discussion

also, who are the two people who facebook "liked" this thread

that's pretty hilarious

I wouldn't do it but it would be pretty funny to
Fyte On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #25498
Dudd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: pm karak w/ ffb questions
Posts: 54,252
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto and Roman Debeers Post-Mortem Discussion

Facebook liking a 2+2 thread is like crossing the streams, who knows what's going to happen.
Dudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #25499
chim17
Snowboarding concerts and punk music
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 56,127
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto and Roman Debeers Post-Mortem Discussion

Maybe an accident.. I think I google +1'd a thread once on accident.
chim17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #25500
tarheeljks
The Dark Knight
 
tarheeljks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: no tacos this year
Posts: 37,657
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Jetto and Roman Debeers Post-Mortem Discussion

also, epi watches like 3 non sports related shows-- jersey shore, survivor, and the challenge. he likely has no ****ing clue who roman debeers is


credit to therat for this gem
tarheeljks is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive