Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 06:11 PM   #1951
antidan444
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
antidan444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,431
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Wasn't into Honky but that said, I think it's a good pick.
antidan444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:11 PM   #1952
SharkTank43
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SharkTank43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 2 big, 2 fast, 2 strong, 2 good
Posts: 6,731
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

I'm confused with these trades and stuff.....how many more picks until I'm up? Hopefully we can keep this little run going
SharkTank43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #1953
dnkyhunter31
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
dnkyhunter31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kane's Rape Dungeon
Posts: 31,624
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

to go along with the feel of your roster so far, honky tonk makes sence. your obv going for as '80s feel. i am middleish to your roster, but this pick makes sence.
dnkyhunter31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #1954
Dynasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 25,841
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrob64 View Post
Depends if youre drafting wrestling ability or want to make money
How many times does a guy have to sell out Madison Square Garden (and the Boston Garden and Philadelphia Spectrum) before you consider him to have the ability to make money? That was the standard in Backlund's day.
Dynasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #1955
dnkyhunter31
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
dnkyhunter31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kane's Rape Dungeon
Posts: 31,624
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

i am up. ill have my pick in a few minutes. gonna make a mini write up, since i have to leave work soon.
dnkyhunter31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #1956
dnkyhunter31
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
dnkyhunter31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kane's Rape Dungeon
Posts: 31,624
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkTank43 View Post
I'm confused with these trades and stuff.....how many more picks until I'm up? Hopefully we can keep this little run going
im up, than assani, then you
dnkyhunter31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #1957
SharkTank43
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SharkTank43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 2 big, 2 fast, 2 strong, 2 good
Posts: 6,731
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

dnky, I think you will appreciate my pick (if you don't snag it now), but I'm curious to see how others view it
SharkTank43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #1958
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Arrow Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetlefSchrempf View Post
Warrior/Hogan 1 was one of the biggest matches in WWE history while Warrior/Hogan 2 was one of the worst matches of all time.
When was Hogan/Warrior II? I probably saw it, but I just don't remember right now.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #1959
Golden_Rhino
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Golden_Rhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bester Forever
Posts: 9,056
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnkyhunter31 View Post
to go along with the feel of your roster so far, honky tonk makes sence. your obv going for as '80s feel. i am middleish to your roster, but this pick makes sence.
I haven't watched a lot of wrestling in the last 15+ years. I have no doubt that you, and others, will have much better stables than I do when this is all said and done.

I am drafting guys off a list I made off the top of my head. My list consists of guys I enjoyed watching, and who I think can still be entertaining. I'm here to have fun, and this thread has delivered. Not only because guys are drafting big names, but because "purists" such as yourself are also contributing. I never even heard of CM Punk before this thing tbh, but I like what I saw online.

I may get into wrestling again once this is all said and done.
Golden_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:16 PM   #1960
dnkyhunter31
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
dnkyhunter31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kane's Rape Dungeon
Posts: 31,624
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkTank43 View Post
dnky, I think you will appreciate my pick (if you don't snag it now), but I'm curious to see how others view it
i wont say to pm it to me, but i was probally waiting for him to slip to me in the 4th round
dnkyhunter31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:16 PM   #1961
SharkTank43
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SharkTank43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 2 big, 2 fast, 2 strong, 2 good
Posts: 6,731
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
When was Hogan/Warrior II? I probably saw it, but I just don't remember right now.
I think he's probably referring to the Hogan/Warrior match from like WCW Halloween Havoc '98 I believe.....what a horrible match, solid PPV overall though I would say
SharkTank43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:16 PM   #1962
antidan444
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
antidan444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,431
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
When was Hogan/Warrior II? I probably saw it, but I just don't remember right now.
You've burned it from memory. Wise move.
antidan444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #1963
dnkyhunter31
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
dnkyhunter31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kane's Rape Dungeon
Posts: 31,624
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Rhino View Post
I haven't watched a lot of wrestling in the last 15+ years. I have no doubt that you, and others, will have much better stables than I do when this is all said and done.

I am drafting guys off a list I made off the top of my head. My list consists of guys I enjoyed watching, and who I think can still be entertaining. I'm here to have fun, and this thread has delivered. Not only because guys are drafting big names, but because "purists" such as yourself are also contributing. I never even heard of CM Punk before this thing tbh, but I like what I saw online.

I may get into wrestling again once this is all said and done.
if this is the case, imo wwe and tna are not for you. if you like the old style stuff, roh imo.
dnkyhunter31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #1964
TheUntouchable
banned
 
TheUntouchable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23,975
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dids View Post
I think there's a ton of people who do what Hardy does a lot better than Hardy, and actually show up to work. He's kindof like Rey, in that he's unique in the WWE because there's only room for one of him in the WWE, but that when you've got the world of wrestling available to you, he's not that special.
I disagree with this. Vince McMahon doesn't just randomly pick guys out of a hat. There's a reason Hardy has been as successful as he's been and gotten the push he's gotten. The WWE is a billion dollar company and they aren't just going to give the title to some guy that isn't that special. Winning the World Title is an extremely exclusive club. I'm sure there are guys out there who can do what Jeff can do in the ring, but for whatever reason they haven't made it and he has. He's not just "random replaceable backflip guy"
TheUntouchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #1965
dnkyhunter31
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
dnkyhunter31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kane's Rape Dungeon
Posts: 31,624
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

With the 52ns overall pick in the draft, DNKY Pure Wrestling selects a man who when you type his name into google to get an image, this is what you get,

Spoiler:


Spoiler:


full write up when i get home from work.
dnkyhunter31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #1966
SharkTank43
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SharkTank43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 2 big, 2 fast, 2 strong, 2 good
Posts: 6,731
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUntouchable View Post
I disagree with this. Vince McMahon doesn't just randomly pick guys out of a hat. There's a reason Hardy has been as successful as he's been and gotten the push he's gotten. The WWE is a billion dollar company and they aren't just going to give the title to some guy that isn't that special. Winning the World Title is an extremely exclusive club. I'm sure there are guys out there who can do what Jeff can do in the ring, but for whatever reason they haven't made it and he has. He's not just "random replaceable backflip guy"
+1, I feel that Jeff Hardy is pretty damn unique, I don't think many people could do what he has done, or at least at the same level.
SharkTank43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #1967
VickreyAuction
Pooh-Bah
 
VickreyAuction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bo shi dun
Posts: 4,089
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
When was Hogan/Warrior II? I probably saw it, but I just don't remember right now.
They did it in WCW in 1998. One of 4 matches to be rated negative five stars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf1yBXsaixk
VickreyAuction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #1968
Golden_Rhino
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Golden_Rhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bester Forever
Posts: 9,056
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Is Tazz the one who was paralyzed, or am I thinking of someone else?
Golden_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #1969
SharkTank43
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SharkTank43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 2 big, 2 fast, 2 strong, 2 good
Posts: 6,731
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Loved ECW Tazz, another guy WWE ****ed up though IMO.
SharkTank43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #1970
TheUntouchable
banned
 
TheUntouchable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23,975
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Tazz seems like a huge spew to me.
TheUntouchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #1971
SharkTank43
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SharkTank43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 2 big, 2 fast, 2 strong, 2 good
Posts: 6,731
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Rhino View Post
Is Tazz the one who was paralyzed, or am I thinking of someone else?
Yeah Tazz broke his neck at some point IIRC
SharkTank43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #1972
littlekeed
veteran
 
littlekeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,538
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

I like the Hardy pick. I don't think I would've passed him up had he fallen to me.

Honky is crap and I never would've picked him outside like the 6th or 7th round. His IC title reign was so frustrating not because he was a great heel, but because he was so terrible that no one could possibly look forward to his matches. To have him as the champion was just so ******* annoying.
littlekeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #1973
dnkyhunter31
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
dnkyhunter31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kane's Rape Dungeon
Posts: 31,624
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUntouchable View Post
Tazz seems like a huge spew to me.
i disagree. taz in his prime was awesome. would throw anyone around. he was awesome in the ring.

not to mension his work as a commentator, which i feel was highky underrated.

did not pick him to be an announcer though. he will be the human suplex machine again.
dnkyhunter31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #1974
VickreyAuction
Pooh-Bah
 
VickreyAuction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bo shi dun
Posts: 4,089
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Rhino View Post
Is Tazz the one who was paralyzed, or am I thinking of someone else?
That was Droz.
VickreyAuction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #1975
SharkTank43
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SharkTank43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 2 big, 2 fast, 2 strong, 2 good
Posts: 6,731
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Tazz was a ****ing badass in WWF No Mercy for N64, had by far the best assortment of moves, the T-Bone superplex off the turnbuckle was my personal favorite.
SharkTank43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive