Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2019, 05:05 PM   #51
Vo2Max
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 300
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

Can only Wonder how so many idiots have something
To say about a man they dont know and his personal debts.
Grow up Cole!You could reach out on a plattform in
Public where sosical retards couldent replay for their own
Selfasteem. Next time it might be you...
Vo2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:08 PM   #52
JohnCleese
old hand
 
JohnCleese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Caerdydd
Posts: 1,476
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vo2Max View Post
sosical retards couldent .
The irony is strong in this one.
JohnCleese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:10 PM   #53
Dominic
Tripod
 
Dominic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vegas
Posts: 67,200
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzLifestyle View Post
They do because Iíd say 75% do pay back and have a little integrity.
I'm not interested in a negative free-roll, thanks
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:13 PM   #54
Living Abortion
centurion
 
Living Abortion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 186
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli elezra View Post


Poker players Ė including lots of high stakes players Ė borrow/lend money from each other all the time. They always have and they always will. The deals and arrangements they make in this regard have always been private and I believe they will always remain private. Itís nobody elseís business anyhow.

When a poker player decides to lend another poker player money, they do so with the inherent risk that it might not be paid back. At no time when I borrowed money did I ever make a promise to pay loans back the next day. During the Full Tilt days, money flowed like water and when it came to paying people back it was never an issue.
Making deals with other players should be considered a private matter. Unless it takes years to pay them back. I know you're trying to put some onus on those outing you for damaging your reputation because they aren't keeping this supposed code of ethics by bringing these allegation to the light.

Your sentiments about the risk of not being paid back when lending money is true. However, are you saying that simply to fleece us into believing that you not paying people back is ok, that "they knew the risk?" Or for us feel slightly better about looking the other way? Or to excuse yourself and your lack of follow through? It seems this piece of your settlement... Er, I mean statement, is a logical primer to lead the readers down a mental and logical narrative so that your following statements, excuses, and responsibility dodging seems more plausible. Jenky and weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli elezra View Post
For whatever reason, Cole South felt the need to make a public post about a private arrangement, and I already made it clear in my original response that he has a misunderstanding of the facts. He could have contacted me privately or even by private message here on 2+2 if he wanted to. I donít ignore text messages and havenít seen him or gotten a message from him in years. I havenít been hiding anywhere and itís not hard for anyone who wants to get in touch to find me.
According to him, with some supporting evidence, this is not the case. But even if it was the case, that same code of 'money loaning ethics' also implies some responsibility on your part to be assertive in your communication with the party you owe "nominal" (according to some 2p2 posters) amounts of money to. Not communicating with them and seeking them out is seen as brushing it under the proverbial rug. You're playing stupid.

To help cement my point... Here's and excerpt from my biography. I hope you like it. (Call me Mason.)

"In the summer of 2002, Abortions parents gave him his first chore around the home at the tender age of 8. Trash duty. His parents initially prompted him every time the trash needed to be disposed of to alert him to the task and to help him become observant to his newfound responsibility. As time went on he did it without being prompted. But then the not-so nominal riches of $1.20 a week became to much for him and burned a hole through his wallet and he took his chore for granted. He stopped taking the trash out and conveniently stopped hanging out near the trash receptacle located in the kitchen. Then one day, his sister outed him concerning his trash negligence to a community known as Mom and Dad. Abortion didn't confront the matter. He opted to hide out at his neighborhood friends house hoping the matter would blow over. Upon returning home his parents sat him down and asked him why he had become lazy and wasn't doing his chore.

His reply to them... 'You never asked me to so I didn't think I had to take it out.' He played stupid and blamed his sister for telling on him. He thought they had a coalition of sibling ethics."

-Expert from "Biography of Living Abortion: The Road of $1.50 to NL $5 Legend."

(Call me Mason)


Quote:
Originally Posted by eli elezra View Post
If anyone out there still wants to believe in baseless allegations against me, or in general be skeptical regarding whether my LIFEíS STORY is true and what my reputation ought to be, thatís up to you. All I can tell you is that anyone who has ever played with me, whether theyíre a pro or a recreational player, and whether it has been in a cash game or tournament table, knows how passionately I love the game.
Honestly I think you would be a decent politician. Reading your entire post seems like you would decent job at damage control, as long as the majority of the time you acted in advance instead of waiting for the fallout, but I'm sure you would have advisers and a PR team to deliberate on what your next move would be.

But here is the thing Eli, the statement you have given the community doesn't address the heart of the matters that have been brought up. You vaguely feign addressing/taking responsibility for said allegations by filling an entire post with unnecessary, watered down information, (who cares about the full tilt days, you don't need to explain to us the risks of lending money, and we obviously know its not necessarily the case that someone is going to be paid back "the next day") and an attempt at written misdirection, with a hint of eliciting some self pity. All is seen as a means to blocker bet against addressing those allegations with a lengthy statement with enough 'this and that' so that onlookers would deem it as sufficient statement. Well I'm jamming on your booty and it seems you have "nominal" equity.

You say the allegations against you are baseless. How so? You either owe so and so money or you don't. That's all the the allegations were, allegations of whether you owed someone money and have not paid them or made attempts to pay them in a timely manner. You didn't really address this, other than a verbal (written) drive by. Then you follow it up with:

"All I can tell you is that anyone who has ever played with me, whether theyíre a pro or a recreational player, and whether it has been in a cash game or tournament table, knows how passionately I love the game"

Who cares... More written jiu jitsu. I don't see why this relevant. How much you love the game doesn't matter, unless you consider you love it more than getting your priorities strait, downsizing your life, and paying people back.

Maybe poker shouldn't be your priority right now.
Living Abortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:15 PM   #55
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 9,277
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofcool View Post
Obviously borrowing from institutions with fees, interest and contractual terms is different from borrowing 100k from CTS under the assumption it will be paid back asap.
Under the assumption it would be paid back ASAP? What is your source on that?

I think lending money to a degenerate gambler is a terrible choice in general but if we get beyond that why wouldn't the player lending money get something in writing? It would take less than a minute.
Dream Crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:21 PM   #56
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 9,277
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCleese View Post
If what Eli says is true then why would anyone ever lend a poker player any money under any circumstances in any situation ever?
One reason players lend money is to keep games running. Aside from that, I don't see a logical reason to lend money but I suppose they know at some point they may need the favor reciprocated, or maybe they just don't want to come off as a bad guy.

Last edited by Dream Crusher; 01-29-2019 at 05:35 PM. Reason: grammar
Dream Crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:33 PM   #57
Mason Malmuth
Top Dog
 
Mason Malmuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: @MasonMalmuth
Posts: 10,988
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCleese View Post
Is the guy who helped you write this Mason by any chance?
No itís not. The first time iíve seen the statement is when it was posted here.

Best wishes,
Mason
Mason Malmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:41 PM   #58
Howard Beale
Formerly red
 
Howard Beale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Doing what my dog wants
Posts: 21,729
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

If this thread stops a single player from lending money it will be a positive. I've loaned small amounts and have mostly been paid back but am still owed by either players that still show up to play or who have disappeared entirely. I ran into one such in LV who asked me how much he owed on a 10 year old loan and I answered 'nothing' bec I'm never getting paid back from him and this guy is supposed to be a pro.

I loaned bec these ppl became 'poker friends' and it wasn't for huge amounts but not getting paid back is a miserable feeling so for those who are just starting out I've got a bit of simple advice re lending to poker players: Don't do it.
Howard Beale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:47 PM   #59
Adjusted
adept
 
Adjusted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: At a real job
Posts: 789
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

I never would have guessed purple, I would have bet 10 to 1 against purple tbh.
Adjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:47 PM   #60
iTzLifestyle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
iTzLifestyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: wny
Posts: 6,744
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

I pretty much agree with you guys re loaning, especially in a casino. But with home games and private games itís inevitable. The game I used to be a reg In has only had one instance of a guy welching (at least thatís public knowledge) on a marker or bet. And game has been running for over 5 years and markers are given on a nightly basis (well on game nights, so twice a week usually), to the tune of 300-6000
iTzLifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:56 PM   #61
DooDooPoker
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 3,856
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

This statement is just word play. It addresses nothing and is full of information not relevant to the allegations against him. My favorite part is when he implies that he is not 100% responsible for his debts.

Also lol@not moving down stakes. Swallow your pride for once.
DooDooPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:59 PM   #62
TheFly
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,928
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzLifestyle View Post
I pretty much agree with you guys re loaning, especially in a casino. But with home games and private games itís inevitable. The game I used to be a reg In has only had one instance of a guy welching (at least thatís public knowledge) on a marker or bet. And game has been running for over 5 years and markers are given on a nightly basis (well on game nights, so twice a week usually), to the tune of 300-6000
Wow..."to the tune of Three Hundred Dollars"....that's some balls deep game you're playing in
TheFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:03 PM   #63
iTzLifestyle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
iTzLifestyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: wny
Posts: 6,744
A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
Wow..."to the tune of Three Hundred Dollars"....that's some balls deep game you're playing in


Never said it was some super high stake game. Did you miss the -(up to) 6000 part? And thatís per night. Iíve seen the same guy owe 300 and the same guy owe 6k at end of night.

My point still remains only one welcher in 5+ years.

Edit. In conclusion, Anywhere from 51-90% of poker players are good ppl who will pay their debts.
iTzLifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:28 PM   #64
theskillzdatklls
Pooh-Bah
 
theskillzdatklls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PM this account before trading w/me
Posts: 4,567
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzLifestyle View Post
They do because Iíd say 75% do pay back and have a little integrity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by illdonk View Post
Thatís a pretty horrible percentage.
This matters completely what group of poker players you are referring to. The good ones its damn near 100% and pretty much the only ones I ever talk to or associate with.

If it's any standard online winning player across whatever website, maybe 75% works? But I have no idea. Maybe it's higher at 90%? But it really I'd probably say depends on how strict your criteria is for winning player. Your $5/hr winners are going to be less payback worthy than your $100/hr+ winners.

If it's whatever degens exist at a live poker table, I wouldn't even know how to calculate that nor would I want to know.
theskillzdatklls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:37 PM   #65
The Agnoostic
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 357
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli elezra View Post
I just left you a voice message on your cell phone, Cole. If you really want to talk, call me back. I think you'll like what I have to say to you.

I'm confused!

If you two guys can call each other on the phone and text each other . Why the need to post it on here? This makes zero sense . I called you and left a message ? Lol. Obviously he seen you called and left a message . So confusing that you would feel the need to announce that here.
The Agnoostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:38 PM   #66
happy to be hear
journeyman
 
happy to be hear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: middle america
Posts: 244
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

The question should not be how often do people pay off debts. 50, or 75 or 90%, etc.

The question should be what % of all the money ever loaned by poker players to poker players have been paid back.

You could be right (doutbfully) saying the real number of loans paid back is 90%. However, even saying that is the case the monetary % of money that has been paid back could still be under 50%. Not saying there is anyway to prove that, but it just takes a few huge loans not to be paid back to skew those numbers drastically.

For example
How many 5$ loans have been paid back? 90%?
How many million dollar loans have been paid back? The answer is much lower than the amount of loans paid back at the 5$ level, I would think.

This is all conjecture, but I think it's clearly better to look at the total lent and paid back over the what % of loans are paid back.
happy to be hear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:46 PM   #67
vodafonehd
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli elezra View Post

For whatever reason, Cole South felt the need to make a public post about a private arrangement, and I already made it clear in my original response that he has a misunderstanding of the facts. He could have contacted me privately or even by private message here on 2+2 if he wanted to. I don’t ignore text messages and haven’t seen him or gotten a message from him in years. I haven’t been hiding anywhere and it’s not hard for anyone who wants to get in touch to find me.

1) You say Cole South has a misunderstanding of the facts. Can you tell us what that misunderstanding is? What are the actual facts as you understand them?

2) In your mind what is the 'private arrangement' you have with Cole South? Clearly he doesn't share that understanding of the arrangement.

Until you actually address these issues, your statement is basically:

'hey guys, i'm a good guy. everything is a misunderstanding. trust me. and don't trash my book on amazon'

Last edited by vodafonehd; 01-29-2019 at 06:53 PM.
vodafonehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:48 PM   #68
prideitoff
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 230
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli elezra View Post
The deals and arrangements they make in this regard have always been private and I believe they will always remain private. Itís nobody elseís business anyhow
he doesnt get a response from u for 10 years until it goes public then..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli elezra View Post
I just left you a voice message on your cell phone, Cole. If you really want to talk, call me back. I think you'll like what I have to say to you.
and u think keeping it private is the way to go?
prideitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:20 PM   #69
wahcheck
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 239
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

Somehow I think this statement from Eli is going about as well as his original
AMA...
wahcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:22 PM   #70
Hendricks
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 695
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

Personally if I was due tens of thousands of dollars I'd be thrilled to hear the guy that owed me say "I get plenty of buzz and enjoyment playing for lower stakes". Like staying in the game was critical.
Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:27 PM   #71
Andro
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Andro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,824
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

I love how it only took 30 minutes from the OP being posted before CTS had exposed another one of Eli's lies. CTS wins the thread, again.

Eli comes off as a pathological liar. It's impossible to trust a single word he says.

Also Eli's statement is full of hints at why he thinks it's ok for him to borrow money and not pay it back. "The financial crisis ruined my business" "Loans come with a risk of not being paid back" - he's basically making excuses for stiffing people. He even blames CTS for going public, when Eli is the one who has ignored a debt for 9 ****ing years. But somehow, in his twisted mind, CTS is the one at fault for actually expecting to get paid the money he is owed.

Eli is a good example of everything that's wrong with the poker world. He seems to have no regard for other people's money and has no moral issues with essentially stealing from people. These types of people are sadly everywhere at all types of games at all stakes. But the lack of morals and not caring about paying what you owe is sadly the same.
Andro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:33 PM   #72
WasitacatIsaw?
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 101
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjusted View Post
I never would have guessed purple, I would have bet 10 to 1 against purple tbh.
Biggest upset in any of the Eli threads, by far.
WasitacatIsaw? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:37 PM   #73
Defarse
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 163
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendricks View Post
Personally if I was due tens of thousands of dollars I'd be thrilled to hear the guy that owed me say "I get plenty of buzz and enjoyment playing for lower stakes". Like staying in the game was critical.
LOLZ
Defarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:45 PM   #74
timmay28
veteran
 
timmay28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,619
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

your ghostwriter kinda sucks at writing

just saying
timmay28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:48 PM   #75
golfbum983
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 831
Re: A STATEMENT FROM ELI ELEZRA

Eli,

Thanks for your statement confirming you a complete scumbag.
golfbum983 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online