Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #2576
Yobog
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 107
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFace View Post
Phil Ivey is just ridic. How can this dude play so well?

It's like there's no variance when he plays.
THIS. I mean, 3 Final Tables last week. Starts this week off with, potentially, another final table in the 10K H. O. R. S. E. Pretty sick how good he is. It's like he's making up for the lost time of not playing in any WSOP Events last year.

Kudos to Hellmuth as well (and Monnette), obv. Should be an awesome Final Table stream!

Last edited by Yobog; 06-18-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: thought it was two 'n's in "Monnette" instead of one...
Yobog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #2577
SYLAER
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: London UK
Posts: 747
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviodante1 View Post
Hellmuth right?
Hoping he ships this and take a nice lead for POY.
yupppp Hellmuth
SYLAER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #2578
travis5018
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 557
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

I hope we get someone good in the booth for this stream

EDIT: Tuck and Stapes, hell yes
travis5018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #2579
bhara99
journeyman
 
bhara99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leicestershire
Posts: 357
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

lol Ivey hits a dirty 3 outer to get us to the unofficial 9 handed table!
bhara99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #2580
silviodante1
veteran
 
silviodante1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,033
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by molinn9 View Post
how much POY points do you get winning 10k event is it possible if Ivey and Hellmuth end like both top 3 they will be 1-2 in POY race?
Not sure, but Monnette will be in the hunt/possibly lead if he ships this.
silviodante1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #2581
nintendere
veteran
 
nintendere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LOL Austria
Posts: 3,244
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by molinn9 View Post
how much POY points do you get winning 10k event is it possible if Ivey and Hellmuth end like both top 3 they will be 1-2 in POY race?
You'll get around 290. Yes, that would be possible.
nintendere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #2582
westswindon
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,344
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Potentially the sickest WSOP run ever???
westswindon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #2583
Deeze Nutz
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 311
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Honest question. What is it that people find in Hellmuth to root for? I understand people have different tastes, and I am not criticizing anyone for that. Like whoever you want. I just don't see it with Hellmuth. Nobody can deny his ability. If you forget how good he is, just wait 5 seconds and he will remind you. If he didn't ***** and moan constantly, I might be able to root for him.

I don't find Ivey particularly likeable at the table either, because he mostly just sits there. However, he doesn't berate and belittle people either. I just find PH's antics off-putting. They are OK entertainment on TV for a while, but then it gets old. I know everyone says how great of a guy PH is outside the game, but that doesn't mitigate his behavior IMO. Just wondered what others think. Why do you root for PH?
Deeze Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #2584
leolauzon
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 662
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

9 left! Shack-Harris out.
leolauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #2585
elnino550
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 136
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhara99 View Post
lol Ivey hits a dirty 3 outer to get us to the unofficial 9 handed table!
*6 outer
elnino550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #2586
anguyen92
Pooh-Bah
 
anguyen92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 5,632
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeze Nutz View Post
Honest question. What is it that people find in Hellmuth to root for? I understand people have different tastes, and I am not criticizing anyone for that. Like whoever you want. I just don't see it with Hellmuth. Nobody can deny his ability. If you forget how good he is, just wait 5 seconds and he will remind you. If he didn't ***** and moan constantly, I might be able to root for him.

I don't find Ivey particularly likeable at the table either, because he mostly just sits there. However, he doesn't berate and belittle people either. I just find PH's antics off-putting. They are OK entertainment on TV for a while, but then it gets old. I know everyone says how great of a guy PH is outside the game, but that doesn't mitigate his behavior IMO. Just wondered what others think. Why do you root for PH?
To be fair and honest, I don't know why. His aura is so strong for some reason. And that its always nice to get on the bandwagon and see if Hellmuth makes history again. Also, I love it at times where Hellmuth does his all-in where he pushes so instantly and fast (not gonna happen here since its limit). Plus, he's the best WSOP performer of all time and this is the WSOP so that is that.
anguyen92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #2587
SYLAER
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: London UK
Posts: 747
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeze Nutz View Post
Honest question. What is it that people find in Hellmuth to root for? I understand people have different tastes, and I am not criticizing anyone for that. Like whoever you want. I just don't see it with Hellmuth. Nobody can deny his ability. If you forget how good he is, just wait 5 seconds and he will remind you. If he didn't ***** and moan constantly, I might be able to root for him.

I don't find Ivey particularly likeable at the table either, because he mostly just sits there. However, he doesn't berate and belittle people either. I just find PH's antics off-putting. They are OK entertainment on TV for a while, but then it gets old. I know everyone says how great of a guy PH is outside the game, but that doesn't mitigate his behavior IMO. Just wondered what others think. Why do you root for PH?
I think you stepped on it yourself. I like it because people always like to write him off, critique his play, say hes not playing for poker but just for the media and tv time. I like to follow him where he proves his doubters wrong, I am not sure there is a more slated successful player than hellmuth.
SYLAER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #2588
nintendere
veteran
 
nintendere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LOL Austria
Posts: 3,244
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeze Nutz View Post
Honest question. What is it that people find in Hellmuth to root for? I understand people have different tastes, and I am not criticizing anyone for that. Like whoever you want. I just don't see it with Hellmuth. Nobody can deny his ability. If you forget how good he is, just wait 5 seconds and he will remind you. If he didn't ***** and moan constantly, I might be able to root for him.

I don't find Ivey particularly likeable at the table either, because he mostly just sits there. However, he doesn't berate and belittle people either. I just find PH's antics off-putting. They are OK entertainment on TV for a while, but then it gets old. I know everyone says how great of a guy PH is outside the game, but that doesn't mitigate his behavior IMO. Just wondered what others think. Why do you root for PH?
It's not about his antics but rather about his playing stlye. Hellmuth doesn't play a style like any other players and he gets to hear a lot of **** for it. However, he manages to outlast and outplay generations of players who were praised and will certainly continue to do so. I've heard a hundred times that Hellmuth is bad at mixed games, that his time was over and recently after winning #12 that he won't win any Hold'em tournaments (really) but year after year he silents his critics with splendid results.
nintendere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #2589
TheJacob
Pooh-Bah
 
TheJacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,568
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Is the horse going to be streaming on wsop.com?
TheJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #2590
Magicmanjack
journeyman
 
Magicmanjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: the final table
Posts: 223
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJacob View Post
Is the horse going to be streaming on wsop.com?
All final tables are streamed
Magicmanjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #2591
SYLAER
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: London UK
Posts: 747
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJacob View Post
Is the horse going to be streaming on wsop.com?
yip
SYLAER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #2592
slevin90
banned
 
slevin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,151
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

GOGO PH!!
slevin90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #2593
Odysseus
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: sup
Posts: 434
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeze Nutz View Post
Honest question. What is it that people find in Hellmuth to root for? I understand people have different tastes, and I am not criticizing anyone for that. Like whoever you want. I just don't see it with Hellmuth. Nobody can deny his ability. If you forget how good he is, just wait 5 seconds and he will remind you. If he didn't ***** and moan constantly, I might be able to root for him.

I don't find Ivey particularly likeable at the table either, because he mostly just sits there. However, he doesn't berate and belittle people either. I just find PH's antics off-putting. They are OK entertainment on TV for a while, but then it gets old. I know everyone says how great of a guy PH is outside the game, but that doesn't mitigate his behavior IMO. Just wondered what others think. Why do you root for PH?
I think this is an eminently reasonable question. Like others have said above, I find it incredibly satisfying that Hellmuth continues to humiliate his detractors. It amuses me to no end that so many people talk so much trash about the guy, and he just goes on crushing. How many of the "great young players" who criticize him will even be playing poker in five years?
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #2594
johnny2toes
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 532
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeze Nutz View Post
Honest question. What is it that people find in Hellmuth to root for? I understand people have different tastes, and I am not criticizing anyone for that. Like whoever you want. I just don't see it with Hellmuth. Nobody can deny his ability. If you forget how good he is, just wait 5 seconds and he will remind you. If he didn't ***** and moan constantly, I might be able to root for him.

I don't find Ivey particularly likeable at the table either, because he mostly just sits there. However, he doesn't berate and belittle people either. I just find PH's antics off-putting. They are OK entertainment on TV for a while, but then it gets old. I know everyone says how great of a guy PH is outside the game, but that doesn't mitigate his behavior IMO. Just wondered what others think. Why do you root for PH?
enjoying a guy's true, noble, nice, human characters and enjoying good tv are 2 different things. my buddy Raph is good for life. PH is good for television. Gogogo!
johnny2toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #2595
silviodante1
veteran
 
silviodante1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,033
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhara99 View Post
lol Ivey hits a dirty 3 outer to get us to the unofficial 9 handed table!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino550 View Post
*6 outer
http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/upda...d=12132&dayof=

Both of you are wrong, according to WSOP Updates Ivey was holding the 9c and spiked the 9c on the turn.
silviodante1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #2596
molinn9
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,632
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

I think i would compare Hellmuth in way with Tiger Woods. So many hate them but even so you still like to watch them.
!!
molinn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #2597
buscali20
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 313
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

Gooooooooooo Ivey!!!!

I just envision Hellmuth off the felt as being a really good guy, that's what makes me like him. I hope he finishes 2nd though. I don't really like his table antics, but sometimes he's hysterical. I loved the episode of poker after dark, when he pretty much blinded off vs. esfandari and laak, priceless.
buscali20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #2598
Folding Soup
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,616
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

When is the dinner break for the HORSE?
Folding Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #2599
bhara99
journeyman
 
bhara99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leicestershire
Posts: 357
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

How often do they switch the games?
bhara99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #2600
Odysseus
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: sup
Posts: 434
Re: ***OFFICIAL WSOP SWEAT THREAD***

is the final table going to continue to be rotation or is it going to be strictly NLHE like the 50K HORSE?
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive