Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2019, 03:39 PM   #7876
Wild Card
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 356
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDeViLs View Post
So because you saw him two times with an iphone you can definitively conclude he does not have/use an android?
thanks saved me the bother of mentioning that
Maybe he's saying Postle borrowed an android phone, that occured to me too.
At least he agrees with me that VLC media player might also work.
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:40 PM   #7877
RichardNaugan
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 4
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDeViLs View Post
So because you saw him two times with an iphone you can definitively conclude he does not have/use an android?
I used to see him all the time there. Even in non stream games. Always been an old iphone. Claims he won't upgrade because he barely uses the one he has.
RichardNaugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:44 PM   #7878
SimpleRick
veteran
 
SimpleRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,432
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardNaugan View Post
Grind watch this stream. Note the times below where he is either adding on or moving chips out of his pockets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pSUbMEXHGM

At 23mins he adds on for $200. At 28:30 he adds on for $400. Then around 1:09 he adds $1500 to his stack.

Watch for yourself and do the work. Or be a sheep and go along with what other peoples data says. That is just one of the streams i watched. There are multiple streams where he adds on and that hasn't been recorded in the doc. Just saying if we are doing the work for the plaintiffs shouldn't be accurate?
Yeah that's a good point. And those are just the addons that are caught on camera. His winnings are definitely inflated. Maybe even Mike Postle's number of 125k is more accurate.
SimpleRick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:44 PM   #7879
Grind On My Mind
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 325
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardNaugan View Post
I used to see him all the time there. Even in non stream games. Always been an old iphone. Claims he won't upgrade because he barely uses the one he has.
He wasnt using an old iphone as far as i can tell post July 18th 2018. Did you watch any of the videos?
Grind On My Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:46 PM   #7880
Wild Card
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 356
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardNaugan View Post
I used to see him all the time there. Even in non stream games. Always been an old iphone. Claims he won't upgrade because he barely uses the one he has.


The phone that Postle is holding here looks bezel-less.
Old iPhones have bezels, explain that.
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:50 PM   #7881
MDR
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 162
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardNaugan View Post
I used to see him all the time there. Even in non stream games. Always been an old iphone. Claims he won't upgrade because he barely uses the one he has.
Congratulation with making joke of the year! Have never seen anyone as obsessed with his phone as Mike Postle is.
MDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:59 PM   #7882
atenesq
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 316
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
But your legal advice was really bad. There are so, so many cases every day that will receive guilty verdicts with less "evidence" than is currently against Mike. It's so weird to act like we're at the beginning of a fishing trip when we've already caught the big fish.
It's also weird to act like we're sitting down to eat dinner when we have no idea how to clean the fish. Of course Postle cheated and of course his opponents sustained injury as a result. But there are still myriad problems with establishing causation and measuring damages even under the preponderance of evidence standard, which is why the legal system generally takes a caveat emptor stance as far as gambling situations.
atenesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:59 PM   #7883
sirdogstar
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 39
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleRick View Post
Yeah that's a good point. And those are just the addons that are caught on camera. His winnings are definitely inflated. Maybe even Mike Postle's number of 125k is more accurate.
Could very well be. The $250-300k number got thrown out with the assumption that rebuys and add ons would be immaterial. That was before it was widely understood that people could add on to equal the chip leader. And there are now about 750 posts on statistics based on bad data. As my stats professor used to say: garbage in, garbage out.
sirdogstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:00 PM   #7884
SrslySirius
Animated Character
 
SrslySirius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,316
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardNaugan View Post
Grind watch this stream. Note the times below where he is either adding on or moving chips out of his pockets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pSUbMEXHGM

At 23mins he adds on for $200. At 28:30 he adds on for $400. Then around 1:09 he adds $1500 to his stack.

Watch for yourself and do the work. Or be a sheep and go along with what other peoples data says. That is just one of the streams i watched. There are multiple streams where he adds on and that hasn't been recorded in the doc. Just saying if we are doing the work for the plaintiffs shouldn't be accurate?
Rebuys are accounted for in the main spreadsheet people reference. The guy who made it explicitly states this. In fact, he says that he's probably understating Mike's winnings because he takes great care to be conservative in his estimates. He even visually checks the physical chips to ensure accuracy.

Mike already tried this defense by claiming that the people tracking this are lazily going off of the chip counts on the stream graphics. That's just straight up false, maybe deliberately so.

AND, even if your strawman defense were correct and Mike's estimated winrate was off by half, it's still well into GOD territory (IE, mathematically impossible)

Nice try though.
SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:01 PM   #7885
Natamus
Tripped and Fell
 
Natamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Where the buggalo roam
Posts: 16,373
Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Crazy to think:

This is only the second biggest conspiracy/crime in history to have a guy named JFK in it somehow Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)
Natamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:08 PM   #7886
RT999
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 197
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

His numbers are inflated because he has to split it with his accomplice.
RT999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:09 PM   #7887
soapdodger
adept
 
soapdodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: baath time
Posts: 984
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardNaugan View Post
Always been an old iphone. Claims he won't upgrade because he barely uses the one he has.
Doesn't sound like I've watched as many hours of the feeds you have, but I've seen Mike likes to use his phone in them. A lot.

Sounds like you don't think he cheated? Have you had a look through some of the key bits of info in this thread?
soapdodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:11 PM   #7888
sirdogstar
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 39
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
Rebuys are accounted for in the main spreadsheet people reference. The guy who made it explicitly states this. In fact, he says that he's probably understating Mike's winnings because he takes great care to be conservative in his estimates. He even visually checks the physical chips to ensure accuracy.

Mike already tried this defense by claiming that the people tracking this are lazily going off of the chip counts on the stream graphics. That's just straight up false, maybe deliberately so.

AND, even if your strawman defense were correct and Mike's estimated winrate was off by half, it's still well into GOD territory (IE, mathematically impossible)

Nice try though.
I agree he cheated. I agree the evidence is overwhelming. I think that the spreadsheet is off on how much he won. And it’s not conservative. Does not behoove us to keep propagating bad data.
sirdogstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:12 PM   #7889
SrslySirius
Animated Character
 
SrslySirius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,316
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardNaugan View Post
There are multiple streams where he adds on and that hasn't been recorded in the doc.
Two other people who independently reviewed the streams used the same methodology and accounted for add-ons. Someone else already explained this to you and linked you this video of them sharing exactly how they arrived at their figures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF-e...ature=youtu.be

Are you just willfully ignoring it?

Hi Mike!
SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:12 PM   #7890
SimpleRick
veteran
 
SimpleRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,432
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
Rebuys are accounted for in the main spreadsheet people reference. The guy who made it explicitly states this. In fact, he says that he's probably understating Mike's winnings because he takes great care to be conservative in his estimates. He even visually checks the physical chips to ensure accuracy.

Mike already tried this defense by claiming that the people tracking this are lazily going off of the chip counts on the stream graphics. That's just straight up false, maybe deliberately so.

AND, even if your strawman defense were correct and Mike's estimated winrate was off by half, it's still well into GOD territory (IE, mathematically impossible)

Nice try though.
Yeah that doesnt mean he's not wrong. I also doubt the ever growing winnings of Mike Postle. 250k, 300k, 350k. Next thing we hear it's going to be a million. And how is he being conservative with his estimate? What does that even mean? Accounting for rebuys that he doesn't even see?

Look at the spreadsheet for 12/17/18. ZERO ADDONS. When we can see three times at least that he has added on. How is that being conservative??

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2044248290

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
Are you just willfully ignoring it?
Are you?
SimpleRick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:28 PM   #7891
momentaryblip
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 274
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Train on Thirst Lounge... throwing down some amazing commentary on his OWN play.... no fanboys asking any Postle questions in the chat unfortunately.... (I'm sure you'll get banned if you try....)

https://www.twitch.tv/thirstlounge
momentaryblip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:30 PM   #7892
poguemahone1
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 204
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Last time I posted on this site was May of 2013 when we were being ripped off by Lock Poker. After being scammed and robbed by Fulltilt and then Lock poker I just walked away from anything involving poker online, including his site.

I've been playing a bit live the last few years and love it.

Truly sad if these allegations are true and the amazing investigation of 2+2ers sure point to this being true.

Really sucks when the few out there like Jen Larson, Russ Hamilton, fulltilt crew, Mike Postle, etc... are such lowlife scumbags and ruin the game for many of us.

I was actually planning on playing at Stones soon, looks like now is better than the last year and a half ��
poguemahone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:34 PM   #7893
ukbilly
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Inside several personalities.
Posts: 1,866
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Makes me laugh how all these Postle supporters just happen to be new accounts, come on guys try and sell us a bridge in Brooklyn instead.
ukbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:42 PM   #7894
whosnext
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
whosnext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 6,370
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbilly View Post
Makes me laugh how all these Postle supporters just happen to be new accounts, come on guys try and sell us a bridge in Brooklyn instead.
It's understandable that such may be the case.

However, that does not mean that posts from new accounts should automatically be dismissed.

Post content is key, not post count.
whosnext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:43 PM   #7895
SimpleRick
veteran
 
SimpleRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,432
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbilly View Post
Makes me laugh how all these Postle supporters just happen to be new accounts, come on guys try and sell us a bridge in Brooklyn instead.
Who's supporting Mike Postle? Me and sirdogstar (2003 account)? No I think we are just playing devil's advocate as far as the accounting of his winnings go. Clearly it's inflated and not a conservative estimate.

Just watch the video RichardNaugan linked with the timestamps, then check the spreadsheet and you can see Postle adding on ~2k thats unaccounted for. It doesn't help to have bad information regarding the case. That's going to help Mike Postle in court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext View Post
It's understandable that such may be the case.

However, that does not mean that posts from new accounts should automatically be dismissed.

Post content is key, not post count.
And it may be the case that RichardNaugan is actually Mike Postle or his friend. I don't know, nor do I care but the evidence he presents does show that the accounting of Mike Postle's winnings are inaccurate and inflated.

And how exactly did the person who came up with the spreadsheet use a conservative estimate anyway? What was his method of being conservative?? Accounting for addons he didn't see?? Doesn't make sense.
SimpleRick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:50 PM   #7896
ukbilly
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Inside several personalities.
Posts: 1,866
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext View Post
It's understandable that such may be the case.

However, that does not mean that posts from new accounts should automatically be dismissed.

Post content is key, not post count.
Yeah good point, I just meant there are accounts turning up that were just created and have less than 10 posts and are Postle supporters, just saying.
ukbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:52 PM   #7897
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleRick View Post
Yeah that doesnt mean he's not wrong. I also doubt the ever growing winnings of Mike Postle. 250k, 300k, 350k. Next thing we hear it's going to be a million. And how is he being conservative with his estimate? What does that even mean? Accounting for rebuys that he doesn't even see?

Look at the spreadsheet for 12/17/18. ZERO ADDONS. When we can see three times at least that he has added on. How is that being conservative??

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2044248290
I wonder who has the burden of proof for the win rate and addons.

If the defense proves one or more of VerStandigs accounts of Postles winings are off, will the court find that they are all potentially wrong? If so, whos numbers do they even go by, Postle can't just throw out a single number and hope it sticks, he has to give exact numbers, which, as a professional poker player, he should have exact dates, times and locations. Plus, hes contradicted himself with his win rates in the past as he is on record for saying hes had a win rate of 900bb/100 on a tweet pre crotchgate.

So I don't think it will go down in court the way you guys are describing. The plaintiffs will have access to Mike Postles records and can cross reference them with their own and object to any misfilings.

btw, the DOJ is on the case and Im pretty sure Postle is going to have the IRS so far up his ass hes not going to want to lie about any of this, at least not in court since things have gotten way more serious since the Matusow interview. And if he is stupid enough to lie, he'll get caught and get doubly ****ed. I mean, hes already gone on record for saying hes hidden his internet and casino winnings to avoid paying taxes, is he really dumb enough to lie while under investigation? probably lol
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:57 PM   #7898
kiddo1987
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 144
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardNaugan View Post
I used to see him all the time there. Even in non stream games. Always been an old iphone. Claims he won't upgrade because he barely uses the one he has.
So which is it? You’ve seen him “all the time” or 2-4 times? You sure know a lot about his phone.
kiddo1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:59 PM   #7899
HAL9000
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: East of East L.A.
Posts: 38
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardNaugan View Post
Think all of you should take a breathe. I spent the last entire week running through the streams WAY more through than Joey, Doug, or the spreadsheet creator. The $326k number is WAAAAAAYYYY off. No accounting for rebuys or addons in it. After going through them all that number is MUCH more realistic over a 18 month period. We are talking like $158k. IF I were playing defense attorney I would be blowing this number away. It takes a lot of the steam out of their claims and without solid proof of any calibration between Stones and Postle or cheating device this entire thing gets thrown out.

Then Postle turns around and slams Joey, Doug, Brill, and all the plaintiffs with a slander lawsuit and wins because the one thing he WILL be able to prove is that without any proof Brill started a smear campaign and with the help of Reagan mathematics inflated the damages to at least 1.5x what they actually are. So while Joey keeps trolling streams admiring a "god" they should be getting their **** together so they don't get dismissed as being haters on someone that capitalizes on playing bottom pairs like their the nuts.

Thats the other thing you should run the numbers on. The guy plays 5-6, 4-5, 7-8 like AJ or 10s. Run the % on how often he plays those.
NOPE!!! But you are correct that number is WAAAAAAAAAAYYY off! It's off because it's not taking into account the money during all those sessions that he steals from players and ends up spreading around the game via blinds/rake/hands he folds that run out bad for him. You're only going by his "cash out" at the end of the game then that number doesn't even come close to the actual amount that Postle stole from players.

And the lawsuit amount - the tens of millions - is inflated because they are factoring in a more likely out-of-court settlement for a lot lower that will make the players whole in the end.
HAL9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 05:00 PM   #7900
SimpleRick
veteran
 
SimpleRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,432
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
I wonder who has the burden of proof for the win rate and addons.

If the defense proves one or more of VerStandigs accounts of Postles winings are off, will the court find that they are all potentially wrong? If so, whos numbers do they even go by, Postle can't just throw out a single number and hope it sticks, he has to give exact numbers, which, as a professional poker player, he should have exact dates, times and locations. Plus, hes contradicted himself with his win rates in the past as he is on record for saying hes had a win rate of 900bb/100 on a tweet pre crotchgate.

So I don't think it will go down in court the way you guys are describing. The plaintiffs will have access to Mike Postles records and can cross reference them with their own and object to any misfilings.

btw, the DOJ is on the case and Im pretty sure Postle is going to have the IRS so far up his ass hes not going to want to lie about any of this, at least not in court since things have gotten way more serious since the Matusow interview. And if he is stupid enough to lie, he'll get caught and get doubly ****ed. I mean, hes already gone on record for saying hes hidden his internet and casino winnings to avoid paying taxes, is he really dumb enough to lie while under investigation? probably lol
Mike Postle said on the Mike the Mouth podcast that his actual winnings are closer to 125k which is still insanely high for the stakes he was playing. But it's also more realisitic and exponentially less likely that he cheated from a mathematical perspective. Instead of being 1/atoms in the universe or whatever its more like 1/atoms in the milky way galaxy likely he didn't cheat.

Mike the Mouth did a great job by getting Postle to do an interview because now the plaintiffs have evidence that they can use against Postle. As far as that spreadsheet is concerned though if they bring it up then Postle's defense can easily poke holes in the numbers which is going to be bad for the plaintiffs. It doesn't help them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL9000 View Post
NOPE!!! But you are correct that number is WAAAAAAAAAAYYY off! It's off because it's not taking into account the money during all those sessions that he steals from players and ends up spreading around the game via blinds/rake/hands he folds that run out bad for him. You're only going by his "cash out" at the end of the game then that number doesn't even come close to the actual amount that Postle stole from players.

And the lawsuit amount - the tens of millions - is inflated because they are factoring in a more likely out-of-court settlement for a lot lower that will make the players whole in the end.
That's not how it works. You go by how much he cashed out minus buyon and rebuys to calculate winnings. We're not calculating how much he stole, that's inane. I'm sorry I even responded to you, you clearly won't get it.
SimpleRick is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive