Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2019, 05:47 AM   #5251
fragglerock45
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 578
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

seems like the news outlets getting pretty over Mike's shtick of being the best...

"Of course, in order to sell the idea that he is, indeed, the greatest $2-$5 player in poker history, Postle was also happy to share some highlights from his poker past. At one point in the podcast, he claimed to be the winningest player ever on the now-defunct poker site UltimateBet."

https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-new...heads-up-match
fragglerock45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:51 AM   #5252
Key Guy
journeyman
 
Key Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Big Smoke
Posts: 384
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleRick View Post
It seems pretty clear to me that it's a football game too. The stream is from a Monday night during the NFL season and there was almost certainly Monday Night Football on TV. And the clip is ~830 or so or about when the game would be nearing an end. Seahawks versus the Bears the game ended 24-17 so it was a close game. I'd bet dollars to donuts he's just watching the football game on a TV. Why else would he get amped up watching a screen then be disappointed? You ever watch football and have a rooting interest? That's how people behave.
Fair enough.
Key Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:52 AM   #5253
ilittle17
enthusiast
 
ilittle17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 82
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spyutastic View Post
It's interesting watching how drastic his PF selection is pre-cheating vs post.

In the first game he plays that's streamed, he open folds QTo and also folds J4o in the bb vs a $20 button raise.

He value bets hands normally even though his opponents had no pair no draw. Whereas later you see him check value hands in these spots because he knows his opponents have nothing and need to give them a chance to bluff.

Basically he plays like you would expect until at some point he knows other people's cards then he plays everything.

Even just looking at a few before and afters the difference in play is night and day.
It's night and day the difference. The playing style, the demeanor, the posture.
ilittle17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:52 AM   #5254
ratslla
Pooh-Bah
 
ratslla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Schwiiz gää!
Posts: 5,528
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Viola View Post
Even stranger, the other commentator (I think her name is Casey?) looks straight at the camera right after and says (almost shouts) "Clip that out!" Who is she talking to, and what/why does she want it clipped? Too obvious?
twitch chat
ratslla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:52 AM   #5255
ukbilly
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Inside several personalities.
Posts: 1,866
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Think the commentators are more naïve and gullible than anything. I mean if they were in on it they would have probably toned it down and not made jokes about him being a god ect.
ukbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:57 AM   #5256
Mr Spyutastic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Mr Spyutastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12,219
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)



A simple example, in god mode he would never bet this flop here in position vs a guy that has 7 high.
Mr Spyutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:00 AM   #5257
torontotablecpt
adept
 
torontotablecpt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 741
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Out of the 5000 comments that I scanned not sure if it’s been said, but does he always sit in seat 2? That sets off alarm bells to me before anything else. Is this normal for a cash game, “oh player MP always gets seat 2”.
torontotablecpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:03 AM   #5258
BL42024
journeyman
 
BL42024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 277
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL42024 View Post
https://twitter.com/BL42024/status/1181118810184716288

lance is MP inside man... change my mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL42024 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pSU...outu.be&t=5822

god >

0:17 , 0:44 who tells dealer to tell JD to reregister cards? , 0:50 , 0:56

ungodly >

1:38 , 1:56 , 2:02 lol , 2:33 no bluff from god?

2:18 gets up fr table next hand 2:21 pressed hands on hat OFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL42024 View Post
MIKE IS NOT IN GOD MODE AFTER 1:37 … MIKE NEVER GOT UP FROM THE TABLE before that point n multiple time after? phone is expossed many times after above table/never before 1:37 (briefly at 0:59 but that's when I think his trying to talk to LANCE loll)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL42024 View Post
wish I could BOBO... really wish I could but plz look at timestamps right quick... jus NO WAY im wrong, understand the football game was on TV but that does not explain what happened in this session, at all
ITS LANCE!
BL42024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:03 AM   #5259
Key Guy
journeyman
 
Key Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Big Smoke
Posts: 384
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontotablecpt View Post
Out of the 5000 comments that I scanned not sure if it’s been said, but does he always sit in seat 2? That sets off alarm bells to me before anything else. Is this normal for a cash game, “oh player MP always gets seat 2”.
Not always, but most of the time. There's a graph already posted in the thread a few times that show his seat selection and winning pct
Key Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:07 AM   #5260
Mr Spyutastic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Mr Spyutastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12,219
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

You will also notice early on when he uses his phone, he does it with both hands and it's up by his face. He also never stares down into his crotch during hands.
Mr Spyutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:32 AM   #5261
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,331
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippingstonessmfc View Post
New video I hadn't seen before an hour ago. Mike's psychic ability transferred over to the commentator. I guess if you are running production you can cheat in anyway you see fit.
https://youtu.be/TCWKn9scH9w
That guy is always calling for the cards that would give Mike the nuts. See the QT vs KJss hand on QT9 board - That guy is talking about how river will be a Q/T. With someone calling for specific cards every ****ing hand, you will with a large enough samplesize find spots where they are right. See Negreanu predicting turn and river on youtube.

I mean, what's the cheater explanation here, how the **** would the booth guy know turn and river? Like, even if that man was in on the cheating, try to conjure up a way for him to know turn and river. There isn't one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoJoey View Post
This show has some of the most suspect commentators I can ever imagine seeing
I'm convinced that none of the commentators are in on it (except Taylor Smith, tech-guy who comments once in a while). Their blind praise for Mike can easily be explained by human psychology: Their brains have been conditioned to always see Mike make the right move, so that's what the predict he'll do. Because everytime they've said "well he'll probably fold" but he doesn't their brain has been like "ERRRRR YOU WERE WRONG, why not just expect Mike to make the RIGHT move so you can be RIGHT?" - and thus they start predicting he makes the right move, because then they are right and their brain gives them a "I'm a good commentator and can predict what happens correctly"-feeling
Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:35 AM   #5262
MentalMidget
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 27
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I would not exclude this Justin Kelly commentator.
Too many questionable lines about MP's hands
Affiliated with ACR
Great timing to up and leave for Costa Rica
MentalMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:42 AM   #5263
Lemon93PCTSure
adept
 
Lemon93PCTSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,005
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

They should be investigated also, it seems very suspicious.
Of course innocent until proven guilty and it'll be very hard to get hard evidence with actual punishment to commentators
Lemon93PCTSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:56 AM   #5264
butt factory
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 70
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*R View Post
I really don't think the commentators had much to do with this. They just got sucked in by the group think. I mean think about Lon and Norman. Most people around here that follow the WSOP think they're terrible. The Mike Rah Rah stuff comes from top down in my opinion and the only one with enough brains to not get sucked in to the bs was Veronica. Thankfully!

Imo opinion the alleged cheating has nothing to do with the DJ type commentators (the show didn't try to target an audience of poker savants) and everything is to do with Mike and one techie. We are likely wasting our time looking at commentators who exhibit very little clue about poker.
100%. Most of the commentators appear to be not great at poker, kinda dumb in general, often drunk and only half paying attention a lot of the time. They hype Mike up because he's the biggest winner, makes crazy moves, appears to be by far the best player in their game, and gets people in the chat excited.

Things like the commentary being 'suspicious' on the T6s hand because the guy says 'watch [this guy who runs insanely hot] hit [his only outs] here, you know it's coming'...everyone who plays and watches poker says stuff like this all the time? It's completely normal. But because this general situation is very not-normal, people are projecting meaning onto it that isn't there. What is even the theory here? That the commentator actually knows the deck order, knows Mike is about to win twice and he's just gleefully rubbing the viewers faces in it because....lulz?

Also a very obvious point but I'm pretty sure if you're running a enormously risky criminal conspiracy on camera every night for a year, you would want as few people knowing about it as possible - not be yukking it up with half a dozen different commentators, who you would then presumably have to pay off/share profits with, and any of whom could rat you out.

tl;dr - commentator stuff is dumb, leave them alone unless you're bringing evidence that isn't 'that isn't what I would say/that isn't how I would react'.
butt factory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:00 AM   #5265
deuceblocker
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2,263
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

It is likely some people like the commentators did not know what was going on but received big tips etc.
deuceblocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:05 AM   #5266
coldfaxxy
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 50
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by butt factory View Post
100%. Most of the commentators appear to be not great at poker, kinda dumb in general, often drunk and only half paying attention a lot of the time. They hype Mike up because he's the biggest winner, makes crazy moves, appears to be by far the best player in their game, and gets people in the chat excited.

Things like the commentary being 'suspicious' on the T6s hand because the guy says 'watch [this guy who runs insanely hot] hit [his only outs] here, you know it's coming'...everyone who plays and watches poker says stuff like this all the time? It's completely normal. But because this general situation is very not-normal, people are projecting meaning onto it that isn't there. What is even the theory here? That the commentator actually knows the deck order, knows Mike is about to win twice and he's just gleefully rubbing the viewers faces in it because....lulz?

Also a very obvious point but I'm pretty sure if you're running a enormously risky criminal conspiracy on camera every night for a year, you would want as few people knowing about it as possible - not be yukking it up with half a dozen different commentators, who you would then presumably have to pay off/share profits with, and any of whom could rat you out.

tl;dr - commentator stuff is dumb, leave them alone unless you're bringing evidence that isn't 'that isn't what I would say/that isn't how I would react'.
I kinda agree with this to be very fair. I just think the commentators are pretty much blindly hyped up because Mike happens to be right all the time. And since they're clueless about poker they just go along with it.
coldfaxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:39 AM   #5267
rickroll
oddly catty
 
rickroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: serene, serene, puissant, puissant
Posts: 11,012
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

guys, when you try to connect any random thought or statement as evidence of a conspiracy you do nothing but ridicule the argument

stop

ffs, those guys are probably paid less than the dealers, it's not exactly a high demand job and bar for entry to do it is willing to spend that many hours trying to tell a few hundred strangers online how interesting some very boring and unedited poker is

just leave the commentators out of it, this is like accusing McDonald's of stock manipulation with actual compelling evidence and then trying to argue your cashier today must have also been on it because she said "have a nice day" clearly indicating she too was in on it and profited from the scheme
rickroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:06 AM   #5268
27AllIn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
27AllIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Every night to me is Halloween
Posts: 6,580
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

re: commentators

If you listen to commentators commentate over Phil Ivey I bet they're sucking his dick too. Doesn't mean they're all cheating.

Also take into account that if commentators were fantastic poker players, they'd probably be playing poker to make some moolah. So they're not going to be able to look at things properly.
27AllIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:08 AM   #5269
coach999
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: My basement
Posts: 1,155
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpnstein View Post
Along with the video that was shared today by me, I said I would upload the complete Time-Lapse.

coach999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:21 AM   #5270
HotChips
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 304
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

At first i was of the opnion of "nothing to see here".

Having now watched all of Joeys videos and listened to the Mike Matusow podcast he is 100% cheating. He must have someone in on it either relaying messages through some kind of device in his hat which is somehow connected using his phone, or he has somehow hacked the system and is getting hole card data relayed to him in real time..

I was really hoping it was all legit, but just cannot see how it can be.. Looks really bad on Mike and Stones. Hopefully they will get to the bottom of it and this absolute sham is stopped and players refunded..
HotChips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:24 AM   #5271
ImAllInNow
Pooh-Bah
 
ImAllInNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,856
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I have gone through almost minute by minute on the July 18th 2018 stream which is The Impostle's first ever use of god mode.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1252155464

I figured this stream would have him being his least skilled at how to hide his actions.

Some cliffs notes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAw9HiSpG9w&t=7680
1. He's texting someone rather frequently just before entering god mode and at other times in the session. Finding out who could point to a collaborator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAw9HiSpG9w&t=12480
2. When JFK TD comes by the table, Postle seems more nervous and pulls his chair in and hides where is phone is. Might mean that JFK TD is not involved at least not at the start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAw9HiSpG9w&t=13977
3. When a card reading malfunctions, Postle texts someone and then a couple minutes later, Taylor Smith (I believe) comes by and fiddles with a tablet behind the table and changes out the dealer's headset. Postle doesn't seem as nervous about this event and after a few minutes after Taylor leaves, Postle resumes god mode.

Last edited by ImAllInNow; 10-07-2019 at 08:36 AM.
ImAllInNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:28 AM   #5272
Grind On My Mind
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 325
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Here we can see where the phone is exactly and how it is in between his legs. Also this is an early stream of Mike's God mode. He is in seat 1, not his preferred seat 2. He makes some mistakes and I think this stream may possibly give us more answers in the sense that we can see his phone ALOT in this one folks. Click below for where exactly he puts his phone. Whats on that phone when he goes to the food tray behind him???

https://youtu.be/HvE09nhHLJk?t=10207

02:50:10

July 27th 2018 Stream.

(can someone teach me how to link a picture or screenshot from these streams directly to the page here?)
Grind On My Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:42 AM   #5273
squid face
ChatThreadPrez
 
squid face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: grabbin c-notes from the money tree
Posts: 10,261
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

This game has a home game vibe. Players have cutsie nick names. Fact is in the US and A every one loves a winner. How many people pulled hamstrings jumping on various sports franchises winning band wagons. Postle always seemed to win. Of course the commentators are rooting for him to win. It is a completely unprofessional environment - and these commentators do not need to be unbiased.

to quote mp I am 10,000% sure he's cheating - but I cant wrap my head around who is giving the assist

Also T-Bone is the MAN!!
squid face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:43 AM   #5274
ImAllInNow
Pooh-Bah
 
ImAllInNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,856
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind On My Mind View Post
https://youtu.be/HvE09nhHLJk?t=10207

02:50:10

July 27th 2018 Stream.

(can someone teach me how to link a picture or screenshot from these streams directly to the page here?)
This is a replay of the original stream on July 18th 2018. Strange that they did a replay of it. Might be worth comparing to the original. This is the ONLY time they have ever replayed a stream.

For screenshots, you generally need to post it somewhere online and then add the link to it using the picture icon in the text tools.

Last edited by ImAllInNow; 10-07-2019 at 08:51 AM.
ImAllInNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:50 AM   #5275
oldskool
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleRick View Post
It seems pretty clear to me that it's a football game too. The stream is from a Monday night during the NFL season and there was almost certainly Monday Night Football on TV. And the clip is ~830 or so or about when the game would be nearing an end. Seahawks versus the Bears the game ended 24-17 so it was a close game. I'd bet dollars to donuts he's just watching the football game on a TV. Why else would he get amped up watching a screen then be disappointed? You ever watch football and have a rooting interest? That's how people behave.
Hi all, first post, long time player.

Everyone doing a bang up job, and he's guilty, no doubt.

I can't defend his actions as him being mad at a football game or some other sporting event. You throw your hands in the air and make gestures like he's doing, except you don't pound your fist into your hands. I can't think of one situation where this would be just getting mad because your team or player made you mad.

You pound your fist into your hand when you have been subtly trying to get your point across to someone and they aren't getting the message.

It seems clear to me that he is EXTREMELY angry that someone on the inside isn't doing their job and it is causing him dire grief.

Just my .02.

Keep up the great work!
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive