Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2019, 06:03 PM   #3301
a dewd
Pooh-Bah
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,921
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvicious View Post
BTW Mike Postle can almost entirely clear his name right this moment by having his mobile carrier as well as ISP provide un-redacted txt messages/emails and phone call log times to his local PD.



The odds that there would be no incriminating txts, calls, or e-mails since Aug 2018 are slim to none. So I'm sure we'll be seeing those any time now and we'll all owe MP a great big apology.
I would not give the police permission to view my daughter's phone as a minor let alone my own. I get your point, but only a glutton for punishment would willingly turn **** over to law enforcement. Been there, done that.....
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:03 PM   #3302
DevoGKT
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago
Posts: 162
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbo View Post
If there was an accomplice - which I think is the most likely scenario - that person(s) will be facing some real heat from Stone’s/gaming commission, who will have access to info that can be used to put a lot of pressure on them. I think it’s pretty likely we see someone crack.


Agreed, I actually think stones will come down hard on who ever is involved to save face and try to repair the reputation of the room. I hope to see jail time. Couldn’t every pot count as one charge?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
DevoGKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:03 PM   #3303
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,331
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisfourwords View Post
I actually think this theory is close.
That theory says that he's staring at the phone in his crotch every other hand to.... Click accept incoming call. That he can't just do that without staring down for a few seconds every minute. That they would use the ****ing phone call function for a cheat like that instead of an app (when Postle used to literally run a custom-phone-app company). I mean, I agree that Postle's IQ isn't in the Newton range, but I think he could manage to click that green accept call button without staring down in the middle of every hand he plays.

You guys are from outer space or something, or you haven't even thought of what the things you write mean
Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:03 PM   #3304
Natamus
Tripped and Fell
 
Natamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Where the buggalo roam
Posts: 16,373
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Serious LOL at sending long defensive messages in group chats with playing resume (that player was Durrrrrr!) and going on The Mouth’s podcast to “tell your side of things”

If I’m accused of cheating/stealing six figures I would be stating a strong, short denial (if I said anything at all) and lawyering up.

I mean dude your name just got drug through the mud on ESPN in prime time, and you’re going on The Mouth podcast to clear the air? Bro do you even legal?
Natamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:04 PM   #3305
PrecisionPunting
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 43
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
Do you have the timestamp on Joey's latest stream by any chance?



Yea, Matt Berkey is going talk about this in depth on his live stream on Friday on his Solve For Why yt channel, hes familiar with RFID tech
Yes timestamps one hour and 37 minutes and 38 seconds into joeys investigation #4. This is his bracelet device. Here it is in action at 2 hours and 9 minutes when he has k5 clubs he is aiming his camera at the table like a barcode scanner. We usually miss this motion due to camera angles and long sleeves they probably try to conceal this bracelet because you can see a small silver lens on it. This is probably synonymous with his looking down motion with the under armor hat. He’s not getting signals from someone he’s aiming a camera in his hat when he looks down, same as with the keys, same as with the bracelet.
PrecisionPunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:05 PM   #3306
archii
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 725
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisfourwords View Post
I actually think this theory is close.
People wouldnt see him answering the phone and having line open though? Also, people have said that, at least at some point, many players were watching the 30 min delayed stream. If he simply had a non-delayed stream it could go undetected.

I think it's more likey he gets some sort of data to his phone in text and this is being read to him my machine, or that he simply reads the data.
archii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:05 PM   #3307
PeteBlow
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Guildford, UK
Posts: 12,868
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I’ve just reached post 3000, so forgive me if I haven’t read this yet, but..

That James Bond card reading video wasn’t new to me. It has been posted on here before, quite a while ago. I wonder if that’s where the inspiration came from.
PeteBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:06 PM   #3308
wtfdidido
banned
 
wtfdidido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: ZOG's clownworld
Posts: 135
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_Thizz View Post
Game stays at the same table. They do change out the decks though.
By change out the deck you mean non-RFID cards?
wtfdidido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:08 PM   #3309
kep
Pooh-Bah
 
kep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,671
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I think there's a decent chance Matusow is just trolling for attention and there is no interview with Postle.


My popcorn is ready tho.
kep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:10 PM   #3310
Yaksha
adept
 
Yaksha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,102
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archii View Post
I know Mike is cheating. It's like as close to 100% as can be.

But is there some real hard evidence? They have had a few days to get rid of all evidence other than the videos. I'm just wondering when the l lawsuits start piling is there enough to convict the guy? I mean I dont know of stream videos are enough..

Jury and judge could think there is reasonable doubt..
I think at a certain point, the line between damning circumstantial evidence, and so-called "hard" evidence is meaningless. People are convicted on strong circumstantial evidence all the time.

This is essentially the same as finding DNA at the scene. Police just find some random organic material. It doesn't "prove" the suspect was there, it only gives a 99.999999999% chance. How is this any different? The maths of this are equally undeniable (if not more so). There's no way you can understand poker well, look at this evidence, and have any doubt at all, let alone reasonable.
Yaksha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:13 PM   #3311
Grind On My Mind
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 325
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvicious View Post
BTW Mike Postle can almost entirely clear his name right this moment by having his mobile carrier as well as ISP provide un-redacted txt messages/emails and phone call log times to his local PD.

The odds that there would be no incriminating txts, calls, or e-mails since Aug 2018 are slim to none. So I'm sure we'll be seeing those any time now and we'll all owe MP a great big apology.
Not exactly he could easily have a seperate phone/device for this
Grind On My Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:14 PM   #3312
kep
Pooh-Bah
 
kep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,671
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
I think at a certain point, the line between damning circumstantial evidence, and so-called "hard" evidence is meaningless. People are convicted on strong circumstantial evidence all the time.

This is essentially the same as finding DNA at the scene. Police just find some random organic material. It doesn't "prove" the suspect was there, it only gives a 99.999999999% chance. How is this any different? The maths of this are equally undeniable (if not more so). There's no way you can understand poker well, look at this evidence, and have any doubt at all, let alone reasonable.
I think just a side by side comparison of Postle making super human plays while cheating and hands from streams where he is not cheating would be very convincing.
kep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:14 PM   #3313
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)



Matt Berkey Podcast just released, not a livestream like i thought it was
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:15 PM   #3314
archii
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 725
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
I think at a certain point, the line between damning circumstantial evidence, and so-called "hard" evidence is meaningless. People are convicted on strong circumstantial evidence all the time.

This is essentially the same as finding DNA at the scene. Police just find some random organic material. It doesn't "prove" the suspect was there, it only gives a 99.999999999% chance. How is this any different? The maths of this are equally undeniable (if not more so). There's no way you can understand poker well, look at this evidence, and have any doubt at all, let alone reasonable.
I agree with you. There is no doubt. But will they get a judge who know dick about poker? Or some old fart to whom it's just another gambling fraud case.

But like others have pointed out there is data from is phone that probably can be pulled back even if he destroyed his phone and buried it deep into the woods.
archii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:16 PM   #3315
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionPunting View Post
Yes timestamps one hour and 37 minutes and 38 seconds into joeys investigation #4. This is his bracelet device. Here it is in action at 2 hours and 9 minutes when he has k5 clubs he is aiming his camera at the table like a barcode scanner. We usually miss this motion due to camera angles and long sleeves they probably try to conceal this bracelet because you can see a small silver lens on it. This is probably synonymous with his looking down motion with the under armor hat. He’s not getting signals from someone he’s aiming a camera in his hat when he looks down, same as with the keys, same as with the bracelet.
Oh, Ive seen that video, I meant do you know where I can find Mike Postle with the bracelet.
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:16 PM   #3316
Yaksha
adept
 
Yaksha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,102
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archii View Post
I think it's more likey he gets some sort of data to his phone in text and this is being read to him my machine, or that he simply reads the data.
This is my feel too, he switches it up from reading / using bone conduction. Maybe he's concerned about other people hearing it sometimes when there's a lull in table chat. That might account for the times he does that hands-pressing-his-head thing in the middle of hands, wanting to cover the sound, and doesn't think it's a safe spot to try and read the phone.
Yaksha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:17 PM   #3317
ace_in_the_hole
veteran
 
ace_in_the_hole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: [IG] @Thread303
Posts: 2,191
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who's made contributions to this thread/investigation. This has been a riveting way to pass the time at work.

The traffic on this site must be off the charts this week
ace_in_the_hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:19 PM   #3318
Yaksha
adept
 
Yaksha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,102
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archii View Post
I agree with you. There is no doubt. But will they get a judge who know dick about poker? Or some old fart to whom it's just another gambling fraud case.
Sportscenter did a decent job in three minutes, so I gotta believe a good prosecutor will be able to distill the maths involved for people. Just show them the potripper + postle graph. Anyone who looks at that is going to go "oh, yeah, okay **** that guy".
Yaksha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:22 PM   #3319
a dewd
Pooh-Bah
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,921
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
Sportscenter did a decent job in three minutes, so I gotta believe a good prosecutor will be able to distill the maths involved for people. Just show them the potripper + postle graph. Anyone who looks at that is going to go "oh, yeah, okay **** that guy".
Very easy to provide reasonable doubt to a jury if they don't get someone to flip.

This would/should be pled out.
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:22 PM   #3320
thisisfourwords
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 18
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loctus View Post
That theory says that he's staring at the phone in his crotch every other hand to.... Click accept incoming call. That he can't just do that without staring down for a few seconds every minute. That they would use the ****ing phone call function for a cheat like that instead of an app (when Postle used to literally run a custom-phone-app company). I mean, I agree that Postle's IQ isn't in the Newton range, but I think he could manage to click that green accept call button without staring down in the middle of every hand he plays.

You guys are from outer space or something, or you haven't even thought of what the things you write mean
Reasonable that person in the back would not be sending info on every hand. Possible Mike just's waiting until signal goes off, then takes down the hand.

No signal, he let's it go. Like the AK hand and the QJ hand.

Last edited by thisisfourwords; 10-04-2019 at 06:23 PM. Reason: update
thisisfourwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:22 PM   #3321
SuitedJunk
veteran
 
SuitedJunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,682
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFabulous View Post
Come on guys, he ain´t using a magic bracelet or an RFID hack. Neither is he watching the stream on his phone. That would have been seen by someone sitting next to him. Too obvious.

Here is what he has done:
Bone Conduction, we have never seen him without his cap. That headset is connected via bluetooth with his phone.
The 2nd guy has to see the raw data of the stream and tells him the hands.

But why those strange crotch movements?
a) Because he has to accept the incoming calls. And they can´t have the line open for five hours as the 2nd guy probably needs to leave the room or gets disturbed.
b) Bluetooth disconnects and he has to reconnect
c) both a) and b)

That makes way more sense than some genius hacks.

In order to crack the case simply look at his phone records.

That's what I'm saying....no one understands bone conducting... think for people here we need to just say wireless audio concealed communication
SuitedJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:22 PM   #3322
lovedaphils
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 502
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

So one livestream went off at Stones after info came out?

Anyone been down there, ear to ground? Are seats/tables being filled?

Are players in the know or not reaally aware? Or are they acting like it's something to do with other players on the live stream and they are still ok with Stones?

Just kind of curious as to the reaction there.
lovedaphils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:23 PM   #3323
Grind On My Mind
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 325
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post


Matt Berkey Podcast just released, not a livestream like i thought it was
Great video. My question is, if phones were only banned a couple months ago why has Mike Postle been hiding his in his lap for the last 3 years????
Grind On My Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:24 PM   #3324
PeteBlow
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Guildford, UK
Posts: 12,868
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Can’t get my head around Matusow getting the first interview.
It’s like Madoff turning down Rogan to go on PokerFraudAlert
PeteBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:25 PM   #3325
zedsdead
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 322
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
This is my feel too, he switches it up from reading / using bone conduction. Maybe he's concerned about other people hearing it sometimes when there's a lull in table chat. That might account for the times he does that hands-pressing-his-head thing in the middle of hands, wanting to cover the sound, and doesn't think it's a safe spot to try and read the phone.
DOnt think you have to worry about people around you being able to hear your bone conduction headphones.

From google:

These devices decode sound waves and convert them into vibrations that can be received directly by the Cochlea so the eardrum is never involved.
zedsdead is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive