Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2019, 01:05 AM   #2626
parisron
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
parisron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 14,925
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Fox40.com Has a video but it won't play. Too many people on probably.
Title is : Poker World puts Stones Gambling Hall under the microscope amid cheating allegations.

https://fox40.com/2019/10/03/poker-w...g-allegations/
parisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:05 AM   #2627
bourrc9
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 43
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Sorry forgot to add one thing to my last post. In regards to the reddit post stating that Mike was acting alone using Multigfx and that none of Stones employees were in on it, this can clearly be disproven by the graphics changing. While Feldman brought this up last night I believe it has been overlooked by many. It did take me a little while to grasp everything but take a look at these three hands where the graphics are "incorrect"

Hand #1: 00:35:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUr3WeFDHZM&t=12063s
Graphics show Harlan with Ks9s. Harlan calls allin and players table their hands. After Harlan shows AsKs, the graphics update his hand correctly presumably by the producer. The 9s couldve been carried over from the previous hand (Harlan folds too quickly) or couldve been a read error. This is how it should look when the RFID has an error.

Hand #2: 00:32:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8ph...ature=youtu.be
Graphics show Harlan with 9h3c, player directly to his left cards are not read. It's possible his RFID reader picked up one of his opponents cards? Interestingly enough, you see Justin approach Harlan during the middle of the hand and say something to him (presumably to put his cards back over the reader). This would also prove that Justin is most likely in the booth watching the live stream. Graphics then change the 3c to 8s. Harlan never shows his hand. Again this seems completely normal by all accounts. Now let's go to hand #3...

Hand #3: https://twitter.com/Joeingram1/statu...93018219282432
The hand we've all seen by now, but the graphics change right at the end of the hand, both cards change. Clearly you can see the differences between this one and the other two. The only explanation is that the producer realized how ridiculous this would look and manually changed the graphics at that time. Also worth noting that he alerts the commentators that the change is about to happen before the graphics switch and they call to him, "Taylor."

Why can't the graphics be changed in the 30 minute window between when the hand was played and the stream airs? It would require a lot of extra work to do this and get the timing right. If they had the ability to do this, why didn't they update it to the start of the hand or to any of the other hands. The only explanation is the producer of the shower, presumably Taylor, manually changed the 8d6s to 8s9s in real time on the river when he realized what was happening. He would have no way of knowing what Mike's cards were. Further it's near impossible that Mike held anything other than 8d6s. The funny thing is that when the producer tries to cover this, he actually proves his own guilt. If he had just left the graphics as is, it would have been more plausible for Mike to say he actually had 89 and the RFID was incorrect. But by making the graphic change, it removes all doubt.
bourrc9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:06 AM   #2628
Ten5x
journeyman
 
Ten5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 298
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

sportscenter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixqxi9Aq84Y or https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7m525n

Last edited by Ten5x; 10-04-2019 at 01:13 AM.
Ten5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:09 AM   #2629
SuitedJunk
veteran
 
SuitedJunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,682
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Well, joe did say he was going to get big with his investigative stuff outside of poker... now it might be investigative stuff in poker.
SuitedJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:10 AM   #2630
HarryKane09
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 125
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Beal View Post
Thank you.

Fantastic breakdown there for the casual viewer.

Well done Joey and whoever else helped explain the situation to the journalists.
HarryKane09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:10 AM   #2631
DevoGKT
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago
Posts: 162
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)



Pretty amazing clip considering how complicated this is and how easy he made it for the noobs


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
DevoGKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:10 AM   #2632
guttterball
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 152
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

This article just got posted: "Poker World Puts Stones Gambling Hall Under the Microscope Amid Cheating Allegations"

https://fox40.com/2019/10/03/poker-w...g-allegations/

Interesting tidbit: While Stones conducts its own investigation, FOX40 also reached out to the California Bureau of Gambling Control about an investigation on its end. They said, “To protect its integrity, we are unable to comment on, even to confirm or deny, a potential or ongoing investigation.”

Hopefully this means external authorities now get involved to do a real investigation.

Also this from the article: FOX40 will not be naming or showing the face of the man accused of cheating. As of Thursday night, FOX40 had not heard back after reaching out to him.

Funny since ESPN just ran a segment and used Postle's name throughout (though they pronounced it "Postal" which was lol)
guttterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:11 AM   #2633
CCuster_911
You Only Live Once
 
CCuster_911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ATX
Posts: 24,434
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Beal View Post
Amazing.

What a great coverage of it. Veronica/Joey/All should be proud.
CCuster_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:11 AM   #2634
SuitedJunk
veteran
 
SuitedJunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,682
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisron View Post
Fox40.com Has a video but it won't play. Too many people on probably.
Title is : Poker World puts Stones Gambling Hall under the microscope amid cheating allegations.

https://fox40.com/2019/10/03/poker-w...g-allegations/
I see no view, just words
SuitedJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:11 AM   #2635
kep
Pooh-Bah
 
kep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,671
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

kep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:11 AM   #2636
wheatrich
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wheatrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 21,254
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

wheatrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:12 AM   #2637
Gintz
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 30
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

thanks for the ESPN links, guys
Gintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:13 AM   #2638
datwizz
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 195
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttterball View Post
This article just got posted: "Poker World Puts Stones Gambling Hall Under the Microscope Amid Cheating Allegations"

https://fox40.com/2019/10/03/poker-w...g-allegations/

Interesting tidbit: While Stones conducts its own investigation, FOX40 also reached out to the California Bureau of Gambling Control about an investigation on its end. They said, “To protect its integrity, we are unable to comment on, even to confirm or deny, a potential or ongoing investigation.”

Hopefully this means external authorities now get involved to do a real investigation.

Also this from the article: FOX40 will not be naming or showing the face of the man accused of cheating. As of Thursday night, FOX40 had not heard back after reaching out to him.

Funny since ESPN just ran a segment and used Postle's name throughout (though they pronounced it "Postal" which was lol)
SVPDGAF

Wonder if ESPN legal team will be upset. You would think he would have to get that approved so I would assume not. But SVP can be a rebel
datwizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:13 AM   #2639
Watsilavit
enthusiast
 
Watsilavit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 81
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedJunk View Post
doesn't change the win percentage though. It does if 54 has the same suit.

https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-too...r/texas-holdem
Of course a dead King changes the odds !!
Watsilavit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:14 AM   #2640
HarryKane09
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 125
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourrc9 View Post
Sorry forgot to add one thing to my last post. In regards to the reddit post stating that Mike was acting alone using Multigfx and that none of Stones employees were in on it, this can clearly be disproven by the graphics changing. While Feldman brought this up last night I believe it has been overlooked by many. It did take me a little while to grasp everything but take a look at these three hands where the graphics are "incorrect"

Hand #1: 00:35:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUr3WeFDHZM&t=12063s
Graphics show Harlan with Ks9s. Harlan calls allin and players table their hands. After Harlan shows AsKs, the graphics update his hand correctly presumably by the producer. The 9s couldve been carried over from the previous hand (Harlan folds too quickly) or couldve been a read error. This is how it should look when the RFID has an error.

Hand #2: 00:32:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8ph...ature=youtu.be
Graphics show Harlan with 9h3c, player directly to his left cards are not read. It's possible his RFID reader picked up one of his opponents cards? Interestingly enough, you see Justin approach Harlan during the middle of the hand and say something to him (presumably to put his cards back over the reader). This would also prove that Justin is most likely in the booth watching the live stream. Graphics then change the 3c to 8s. Harlan never shows his hand. Again this seems completely normal by all accounts. Now let's go to hand #3...

Hand #3: https://twitter.com/Joeingram1/statu...93018219282432
The hand we've all seen by now, but the graphics change right at the end of the hand, both cards change. Clearly you can see the differences between this one and the other two. The only explanation is that the producer realized how ridiculous this would look and manually changed the graphics at that time. Also worth noting that he alerts the commentators that the change is about to happen before the graphics switch and they call to him, "Taylor."

Why can't the graphics be changed in the 30 minute window between when the hand was played and the stream airs? It would require a lot of extra work to do this and get the timing right. If they had the ability to do this, why didn't they update it to the start of the hand or to any of the other hands. The only explanation is the producer of the shower, presumably Taylor, manually changed the 8d6s to 8s9s in real time on the river when he realized what was happening. He would have no way of knowing what Mike's cards were. Further it's near impossible that Mike held anything other than 8d6s. The funny thing is that when the producer tries to cover this, he actually proves his own guilt. If he had just left the graphics as is, it would have been more plausible for Mike to say he actually had 89 and the RFID was incorrect. But by making the graphic change, it removes all doubt.
yes. this is by far the most damming evidence of everything. i really doubt anyone will find better. the difference is the graphic change is so noticeable.
HarryKane09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:14 AM   #2641
CCuster_911
You Only Live Once
 
CCuster_911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ATX
Posts: 24,434
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

SVP caveat-ed it all pretty hard at the end there saying its a big IF. But I too am surprised he was able to name drop and even included the piece about a Stones employee may be a co-conspirator.
CCuster_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:15 AM   #2642
JoeShowdown
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 126
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Someone with more skills than me should do a video of his hands set to Fort Minor's Remember the Name:

Forget Mike, nobody really knows how or why he works so hard
It seems like he's never got time
Because he writes every note and he writes every line
And I've seen him at work when that light goes on in his mind
It's like a design is written in his head every time
Before he even touches a key or speaks in a rhyme
And those mother****ers he runs with, the kids that he signed
Ridiculous, without even trying, how do they do it
JoeShowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:15 AM   #2643
rakemeplz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rakemeplz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: feminine yuppie narc
Posts: 12,602
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I'm not sure why you guys think he's cheating.

He has the greatest instincts in the universe. He plays like a god. He makes weak plays that always work. He has a phone on his penis which he checks with frequently. His mind is that of a GTO robot, but also has psychic powers. Nothing more to see here.
rakemeplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:16 AM   #2644
AlfPacino
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 109
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

private sttreams on twitch get 'hacked' all the time would it be possible to get these delayed streams live too with similar methods?
AlfPacino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:17 AM   #2645
ArtyMcFly
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ArtyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Enchantment Under the Sea
Posts: 13,251
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Why View Post
Taylor Smith is commenting in this video, and in the commentary 29.35 says he has done digital graphics all his life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lwIMGA1q64
One of the weirdest things about that session is that Taylor's also acting as the floorman, presumably because "everyone" was in Vegas. He's basically running the whole show that night (the co-commentator says "He's playing 6 roles tonight"). At a couple of points early on he leaves the booth and appears at the table, chatting to Postle, as if it was all happening live, but then he's shown in both places at once (e.g. at 16mins), so there must have been a delay after all.
Postle spends the majority of the session without a hat on, and doesn't seem to be cheating.
And this kind of supports the idea about Postle needing an accomplice. He doesn't appear to have cheated when Justin was in the commentary booth, and he doesn't appear to have cheated when Justin was in Vegas and Taylor was in the booth.
ArtyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:17 AM   #2646
SuitedJunk
veteran
 
SuitedJunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,682
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsilavit View Post
Of course it does!
If the 5 / 4 shared the same suit with one of the AK that one will go down more.
SuitedJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:18 AM   #2647
Hellmuth was right
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,036
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Polak View Post
https://youtu.be/aHmuAqJ_sVo

This show pushed me to go public
Hey Veronica - would you be able to answer some questions about the inner workings of the how the show was produced ?


who was responsible for doing the graphics/who all had access to the production room?
was the graphics person the only person who could see the hole cards in real time(that you know of)?
was there multiple people in that room? or usually only one person?
was it always the same person doing the graphics or was there a rotation?
Hellmuth was right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:18 AM   #2648
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 15,670
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatrich View Post
Is it even possible that a man who has been playing poker longer than most people have been alive is actually this naive?
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:19 AM   #2649
mrtoodles
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NorCal
Posts: 31
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdodger View Post
But in one of the earliest suspect hands posted ITT - where Mike clearly 'Godmodes', checks his phone and is wearing the hat - Justin is right there at the end of the hand. There's been other instances of Justin being around the table posted too.

Obviously, the Vegas downtime most heavily implicates Justin, but still unclear how Mike was getting the info..
The coincidence of Mike losing superuser powers with Justin's vacations indicates that Justin is involved in the cheating, but not necessarily that he's complicit.

Justin and Mike are pals. Mike is a tech guy. It's entirely possible that Mike helped Justin set up his laptop, and installed a backdoor on it. Stones may be vigilant about the security of its production servers, but fail to pay attention to the security of the devices that can access the live feed from those servers, e.g. the personal devices of anybody with the correct credentials, such as Justin's laptop.
mrtoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:19 AM   #2650
dhubermex
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 1,666
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

dhubermex is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive