Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 12:07 PM   #1251
Zetack
Pooh-Bah
 
Zetack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,859
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0bullmarket0 View Post
What would be the % that Doug THINKS about killing himself when he reads this thread? I think 25%
Not a chance. I'm sure that he is secretly thrilled by this thread, and he views the posters in here as jealous haters whose spite simply confirms his own awesomeness.

True toolboxes never believe that they are toolboxes.
Zetack is offline  
Old 06-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #1252
MauiPunter
veteran
 
MauiPunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maui, Hawaii
Posts: 2,232
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetack View Post
Not a chance. I'm sure that he is secretly thrilled by this thread, and he views the posters in here as jealous haters whose spite simply confirms his own awesomeness.

True toolboxes never believe that they are toolboxes.
I think you got yourself a Theorem there. The Tool-Box Theorem, also known as the Doug Lee Theorem.
MauiPunter is offline  
Old 06-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #1253
Eluvetie
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 567
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiPunter View Post
I think you got yourself a Theorem there. The Tool-Box Theorem, also known as the Doug Lee Theorem.

Lmao, I should take a psychology doctorate program, and use that as my thesis.
Eluvetie is offline  
Old 06-22-2009, 03:57 PM   #1254
K Sakuraba
banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 81
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

yes but do non tool boxes think they are tool boxes? No, therefore no one ever thinks they are a tool box.
K Sakuraba is offline  
Old 06-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #1255
Eluvetie
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 567
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Sakuraba View Post
yes but do non tool boxes think they are tool boxes? No, therefore no one ever thinks they are a tool box.
You just blew my mind.
Eluvetie is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #1256
Zetack
Pooh-Bah
 
Zetack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,859
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Sakuraba View Post
yes but do non tool boxes think they are tool boxes? No, therefore no one ever thinks they are a tool box.
Those who are toolboxes occasionally, but not professionally, often realize that they display tool box behavior from time to time. They may even apologize for it.
Zetack is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #1257
leprous_hand
unclean
 
leprous_hand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: General Snus
Posts: 16,249
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetack View Post
Those who are toolboxes occasionally, but not professionally, often realize that they display tool box behavior from time to time. They may even apologize for it.
super solid
leprous_hand is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 11:20 PM   #1258
Lohoo
old hand
 
Lohoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seher
Posts: 1,453
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

I saw Doug Lee last night, he was nontoolbox enough to let me take a picture:

Lohoo is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 03:22 AM   #1259
Eluvetie
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 567
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

^

HOLY ****, that picture's so messed up.
Eluvetie is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 03:30 AM   #1260
#1AceHole420
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic City, Nj
Posts: 268
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

If the toolbox sits at a donkament table and no one realizes that he's the toolbox....... Does he still have his decoder ring on?
#1AceHole420 is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 07:51 AM   #1261
Eluvetie
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 567
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

PLEASE GOD, let Doug Lee win this year's main event so this thread can be rejuvenated and once again hilarious.
Eluvetie is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #1262
roflcopter420
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 27
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluvetie View Post
PLEASE GOD, let Doug Lee win this year's main event so this thread can be rejuvenated and once again hilarious.
i could honestly pay 10% of my BR for this to happen... it would be so awesome.
roflcopter420 is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 08:58 AM   #1263
Jubu
centurion
 
Jubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 159
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflcopter420 View Post
i could honestly pay 10% of my BR for this to happen... it would be so awesome.
In before BR or HU4ROLLZ jokes
Jubu is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 09:04 AM   #1264
catheterchri
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: earth
Posts: 362
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetack View Post

True toolboxes never believe that they are toolboxes.
This is so true.
catheterchri is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #1265
Bawookles
adept
 
Bawookles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: SuperValueTown
Posts: 730
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluvetie View Post
PLEASE GOD, let Doug Lee win this year's main event so this thread can be rejuvenated and once again hilarious.
Ah, but that would be the worst thing because Doug would no longer be the toolbox that we could all laugh at for how delusional and pathetic he is. He would be like Jamie Gold, a player that is easy to hate for a being a douchbag that won the ME. So from self-deluded toolbox to self-affirmed douchbag, I would never want that for the Superbomber!
Bawookles is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 02:36 PM   #1266
JonHizall
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 1034 North Mount, first floor rear
Posts: 1,828
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Can u morons stop giggling back and forth so its easier to see the funny stories from non busto fanboys that are actually in vegas. im tired of sifting through pages of nvg crap for a few nuggets of gold. thx.
JonHizall is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 09:05 PM   #1267
RGC2005
adept
 
RGC2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 888
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Check page two of this post: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...48/index2.html

Mod please drag these pictures into this thread for an all time classic.
RGC2005 is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 10:19 PM   #1268
cking
2008 WCOOP ME Champ
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: running above expectation
Posts: 5,196
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

vanetian 2k table behind me doug lee just had floor called by dealer because doug was making the dealer uncomfortable by the way he was staring at him (in an angry I want to kill you way). Doug was not happy
cking is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 01:28 AM   #1269
Bawookles
adept
 
Bawookles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: SuperValueTown
Posts: 730
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
vanetian 2k table behind me doug lee just had floor called by dealer because doug was making the dealer uncomfortable by the way he was staring at him (in an angry I want to kill you way). Doug was not happy
dealer has not been watching much poker on tv imo
Bawookles is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 05:22 AM   #1270
marbleman
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: montreal
Posts: 189
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

http://www.cardplayer.com/cptv/chann...-50k-h-o-r-s-e


epic?
marbleman is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 06:21 AM   #1271
Honeyboy Wilson
centurion
 
Honeyboy Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dude, where is your car?
Posts: 198
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC2005 View Post
Check page two of this post: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...48/index2.html

Mod please drag these pictures into this thread for an all time classic.
We don't need no stinking Mods:

Funny:



Funnier:



Genius:




All credit to: SinkRox, ItsRainingMen, and asdfhgfpo respectively.
Honeyboy Wilson is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 07:37 AM   #1272
dudeoflife
Pooh-Bah
 
dudeoflife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,526
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Never read this thread but sat with doug at the 2k venetian today.
Highlights: He asks the dealer to mix up the cards by spreading them on the table. Dealer says sorry sir we don't do that here. Obv he asks floor to come and floor says no big deal, you can mix them up if a player asks. Doug then berates dealer for telling him the wrong answer. Dealer acts like he'd like to punch lee in the face but politely says that's not the usually way its done.

Doug lee in button vs sb battle calls with 76 on A A Q 9 board after button bet the turn with 55. River A and check check, and they split. Lee says I called because I could have hit a 6 or 7 and I didn't think you had anything.

Is this guy really 26? Thought for sure he was like 40.
dudeoflife is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 07:49 AM   #1273
FancyAburger
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 740
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeoflife View Post
Never read this thread but sat with doug at the 2k venetian today.
Highlights: He asks the dealer to mix up the cards by spreading them on the table. Dealer says sorry sir we don't do that here. Obv he asks floor to come and floor says no big deal, you can mix them up if a player asks. Doug then berates dealer for telling him the wrong answer. Dealer acts like he'd like to punch lee in the face but politely says that's not the usually way its done.

Doug lee in button vs sb battle calls with 76 on A A Q 9 board after button bet the turn with 55. River A and check check, and they split. Lee says I called because I could have hit a 6 or 7 and I didn't think you had anything.

Is this guy really 26? Thought for sure he was like 40.
there must have been other pair or 4 ACES on the board, right?
FancyAburger is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 09:49 AM   #1274
Lohoo
old hand
 
Lohoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seher
Posts: 1,453
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

I think he meant river was a Q or a 9?
Lohoo is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #1275
RGC2005
adept
 
RGC2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 888
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyboy Wilson View Post
We don't need no stinking Mods:

Funny:



Funnier:



Genius:




All credit to: SinkRox, ItsRainingMen, and asdfhgfpo respectively.
Thank you these are classics.
RGC2005 is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive