Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #151
Highfish
adept
 
Highfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 814
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

Very disappointing start of a good promo - if it's true?!
Highfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #152
PeterELG
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

I usually post under ManagerELG but can't login for some reason. Until it’s sorted I will post with this account.

I have read through the thread and will try to address some of the questions:

1. Can I trust the ELG? - Yes. OK, that's sorted.

2. Is ELG in financial trouble? - Not, unless you know something we or Malta LGA don't know. FYI, Malta is not Alderney.

3. Is ELG doing this promo hoping to increase the number of players? - What do you think?
But, in reality, this was not the reason for this promo. ELG is not a run-of-the-mill network. We do things a little differently. We don't run our own rooms. Most of our decisions, as uncommon they may seem, are influenced by our partner cardrooms, and this one is no exception.
Our Euro partners are happy with the tables and rake they’ve got regardless what 2+2 folks think or say about them. I explained the reasons at length in some other threads here. Their setup is different and the rake covers their expenses. Players do not object because without paying the Euro rake, they would be deprived of certain conveniences. I will not go into details here.
Now, our US tables are not as populated as the Euro ones. We want them populated. We are not doing Zero rake trick. We didn't push this button while looking away hoping not to get damaged. This is a calculated decision and we hope you will take advantage of it and force us to carry it into 2012.

4. Why not all players see all tables? - This is entirely up to the skin owners. They decide what their players see.

5. What's up with the software? - Most of the feedback we get about our current software is positive. We like our software. However, we have been working on a major upgrade during 2011, and it is now in beta. I’m sure we won't please all with the new software but are hoping to please most.

For sure I missed some of your questions. Post it here and I will try to answer them.

Last but not least - I'm truly sorry for the initial errors. It's all sorted now and you can enjoy the promo.
PeterELG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #153
Highfish
adept
 
Highfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 814
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterELG View Post
Last but not least - I'm truly sorry for the initial errors. It's all sorted now and you can enjoy the promo.
What promo please??? Rake is still not capped at $ tables. What a joke. (Example table Irvin 20, NL 400)
Highfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:50 PM   #154
JWedbush
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 145
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

It looks like some tables are at 1 max and the above mentioned is still at 3. Maybe tables started before promo began are still running at 3 max?
JWedbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #155
khanrava
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
khanrava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Adsman's book
Posts: 10,662
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfish View Post
Perhaps they need a new software guy.
elg has a software guy?
khanrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #156
CooperC7
journeyman
 
CooperC7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 263
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

yep rake is now 1$ for a pot wel over 20 !! nice, now some more players.

This should be huge for US based FLHE players i think.
CooperC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #157
Pay2Play
centurion
 
Pay2Play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 111
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperC7 View Post
yep rake is now 1$ for a pot wel over 20 !! nice, now some more players.

This should be huge for US based FLHE players i think.
Nope, check Irvin 20 2/4 NL
Pay2Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:19 PM   #158
39suited
But it was suited
 
39suited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Teh Internetz (non US)
Posts: 8,189
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfish View Post
What promo please??? Rake is still not capped at $ tables. What a joke. (Example table Irvin 20, NL 400)
imo the new spawned tables have been fixed with the upload, but old ones that were still running are not yet affected by this?! so it would probably make sense to boot all USD tables for a maintenance in the night and it should work for all active tables the next morning
39suited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #159
WorldWideBet
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mexico
Posts: 265
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

Seems pretty clear that all dollar tables that have run continuously since 10/31 (or before) are still capping rake at $3, while any dollar table that started today, 11/1, is capping at $1.
WorldWideBet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #160
AirborneSapper9845
self-banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,451
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

I might actually put a BR on this site this month. Hopefully traffic picks up.
AirborneSapper9845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #161
SovietRussia
veteran
 
SovietRussia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jack City
Posts: 2,214
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterELG View Post
I usually post under ManagerELG but can't login for some reason. Until it’s sorted I will post with this account.

I have read through the thread and will try to address some of the questions:

1. Can I trust the ELG? - Yes. OK, that's sorted.

2. Is ELG in financial trouble? - Not, unless you know something we or Malta LGA don't know. FYI, Malta is not Alderney.

3. Is ELG doing this promo hoping to increase the number of players? - What do you think?
But, in reality, this was not the reason for this promo. ELG is not a run-of-the-mill network. We do things a little differently. We don't run our own rooms. Most of our decisions, as uncommon they may seem, are influenced by our partner cardrooms, and this one is no exception.
Our Euro partners are happy with the tables and rake they’ve got regardless what 2+2 folks think or say about them. I explained the reasons at length in some other threads here. Their setup is different and the rake covers their expenses. Players do not object because without paying the Euro rake, they would be deprived of certain conveniences. I will not go into details here.
Now, our US tables are not as populated as the Euro ones. We want them populated. We are not doing Zero rake trick. We didn't push this button while looking away hoping not to get damaged. This is a calculated decision and we hope you will take advantage of it and force us to carry it into 2012.

4. Why not all players see all tables? - This is entirely up to the skin owners. They decide what their players see.

5. What's up with the software? - Most of the feedback we get about our current software is positive. We like our software. However, we have been working on a major upgrade during 2011, and it is now in beta. I’m sure we won't please all with the new software but are hoping to please most.

For sure I missed some of your questions. Post it here and I will try to answer them.

Last but not least - I'm truly sorry for the initial errors. It's all sorted now and you can enjoy the promo.
You come across more pompous than I could ever aspire to.

1) You've failed at starting this promo as advertised. As others have said, it doesn't take much to set the rake and restart the US tables. The non-cap euro tables are taking 7 for rake. Def. inspires faith wouldn't you say?

3) If you don't care what we think or say then why are you posting? You know, the only things you have going for you are basically R&F, Minted, and their reps here. The people who say that don't care about the rake are either uninformed or getting most of it back some how.

5) Your software you think so highly of doesn't hold a candle to most out there and it's buggy as hell for starters.

If you are actually some sort of manager of ELG, you're not doing yourself any favors.
SovietRussia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #162
LunaEqualsLuna
veteran
 
LunaEqualsLuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: armed with chip and a chart
Posts: 2,774
Angry Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

Quote:
Our Euro partners are happy with the tables and rake they’ve got regardless what 2+2 folks think or say about them.
Even though i understand the point you are making, that comes across as quite arrogant. It is self-evident these folks don't care what 2+2 think or care about poker in general, just how to get a quick buck out of the few remaining fish before its too late, nothing wrong with that, we are all chasing the same money. I just find it a strange way to talk down to potential customers.

Quote:
5) Your software you think so highly of doesn't hold a candle to most out there and it's buggy as hell for starters.
The software is functional and isn't terrible. Of course as with most poker software it is miles behind stars and ftp.
LunaEqualsLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #163
offshore
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 20
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

I deposited to support this. The $1 rake cap was in effect on all USD tables started since they fixed the initial problem.

Here is my opinion:

Software is decent enough, obviously not Stars or FTP, but I multitabled easily, HUD worked, did not have glitch problems. I did 6 tables 6max and 1 HU.

Players don't seem good, definitely not tough.

Paying only $1 rake on a $100 pot is awesome! And then I get 40% rakeback + 25% bonus + 10% rake chase = 75% back on the $1. Because the rake is so low, the bonuses last longer allowing players to maintain higher rakeback longer.

Traffic is the only problem on USD, which is all I am going to play. About 6 - 8 tables of NL20, 2 of NL50, 1 of NL100 and 1 of NL200. I generally play NL50, but had to add NL20s to get enough tables going. Not ideal, but if this deal sticks in the long-term it is well worth it.

It would be great if others deposit and clock some hours to support this. I sat at empty tables to get them running also and got a few going on and off.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #164
300zxrider
veteran
 
300zxrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Roller Coaster
Posts: 3,085
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshore View Post
I deposited to support this. The $1 rake cap was in effect on all USD tables started since they fixed the initial problem.

Here is my opinion:

Software is decent enough, obviously not Stars or FTP, but I multitabled easily, HUD worked, did not have glitch problems. I did 6 tables 6max and 1 HU.

Players don't seem good, definitely not tough.

Paying only $1 rake on a $100 pot is awesome! And then I get 40% rakeback + 25% bonus + 10% rake chase = 75% back on the $1. Because the rake is so low, the bonuses last longer allowing players to maintain higher rakeback longer.

Traffic is the only problem on USD, which is all I am going to play. About 6 - 8 tables of NL20, 2 of NL50, 1 of NL100 and 1 of NL200. I generally play NL50, but had to add NL20s to get enough tables going. Not ideal, but if this deal sticks in the long-term it is well worth it.

It would be great if others deposit and clock some hours to support this. I sat at empty tables to get them running also and got a few going on and off.
I just put in a real quick 1 hr session and agree with everything you said. I'm playing 20NL at the moment too because I'm still in the process of funding my account but the games seem pretty good.

How did you multitable? I wanted to play 8 tables but was stuck playing 6 and I had to tile them otherwise I would constantly time out.

Also, support is really fast and helpful as well. I'll definitely be trying to put in a few hrs a day on this site trying to get some USD tables going.
300zxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:44 AM   #165
Highfish
adept
 
Highfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 814
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietRussia View Post
You come across more pompous than I could ever aspire to.

1) You've failed at starting this promo as advertised. As others have said, it doesn't take much to set the rake and restart the US tables. The non-cap euro tables are taking 7 for rake. Def. inspires faith wouldn't you say?

3) If you don't care what we think or say then why are you posting? You know, the only things you have going for you are basically R&F, Minted, and their reps here. The people who say that don't care about the rake are either uninformed or getting most of it back some how.

5) Your software you think so highly of doesn't hold a candle to most out there and it's buggy as hell for starters.

If you are actually some sort of manager of ELG, you're not doing yourself any favors.
+ 10000

never saw such an arrogant and stupid post from a network manager.
Highfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:52 AM   #166
dwiele
veteran
 
dwiele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wat
Posts: 3,235
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterELG View Post
I usually post under ManagerELG but can't login for some reason. Until it’s sorted I will post with this account.

I have read through the thread and will try to address some of the questions:

1. Can I trust the ELG? - Yes. OK, that's sorted.

2. Is ELG in financial trouble? - Not, unless you know something we or Malta LGA don't know. FYI, Malta is not Alderney.

3. Is ELG doing this promo hoping to increase the number of players? - What do you think?
But, in reality, this was not the reason for this promo. ELG is not a run-of-the-mill network. We do things a little differently. We don't run our own rooms. Most of our decisions, as uncommon they may seem, are influenced by our partner cardrooms, and this one is no exception.
Our Euro partners are happy with the tables and rake they’ve got regardless what 2+2 folks think or say about them. I explained the reasons at length in some other threads here. Their setup is different and the rake covers their expenses. Players do not object because without paying the Euro rake, they would be deprived of certain conveniences. I will not go into details here.
Now, our US tables are not as populated as the Euro ones. We want them populated. We are not doing Zero rake trick. We didn't push this button while looking away hoping not to get damaged. This is a calculated decision and we hope you will take advantage of it and force us to carry it into 2012.

4. Why not all players see all tables? - This is entirely up to the skin owners. They decide what their players see.

5. What's up with the software? - Most of the feedback we get about our current software is positive. We like our software. However, we have been working on a major upgrade during 2011, and it is now in beta. I’m sure we won't please all with the new software but are hoping to please most.

For sure I missed some of your questions. Post it here and I will try to answer them.

Last but not least - I'm truly sorry for the initial errors. It's all sorted now and you can enjoy the promo.
you should care what 2+2 thinks. i bet most of the regulars on your network heard about it from 2+2. these regulars are the ones who are paying $1000's per month of your exorbitant rake, not the recreational players who go broke in 50 hands.


don't keep stepping on the toes of the regulars


also, when is this new software coming out? the current software still has many problems.


thx
- a reg who paid over 1000 euro last month in rake after rakeback
dwiele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:19 AM   #167
Rapala
grinder
 
Rapala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: the barrel
Posts: 610
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

to those that have started playing with the new rake, please post some rake numbers in terms of bb/100. thx. I'm trying to get some FL going but it isn't happening so far.
Rapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:38 AM   #168
ManagerELG
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Malta
Posts: 68
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

If I came across “pompous” – I’m sorry. That was not my intention at all. If you see my previous posts, you will notice that we absolutely do care what 2+2 members think and we absolutely do care about our “regulars”. We are not arrogant and we take all complaints and comments, however rude and disrespectful, seriously and try to learn from them.

We don’t advertise promos. We don’t operate poker rooms and don’t do player marketing. Our partners do. Those of our partners, who wanted to take advantage of this promo, did advertise. We don’t advise them on their marketing efforts.

Most of our players are not 2+2 members but that does not mean we don’t pay attention to what you say.
Because our network is predominantly European, we need to listen to our Euro partners as well. So far they have been responsible for the growth of the network. Yes, the Euro rake is high but that's what they want and they bring the players and the players stay and play.

Yes, we are small but, since we launched, many other rooms and networks have disappeared and we are continuing to profitably operate and grow.

Yes, we make mistakes but we always learn from them and pay for them.

We are not here to make your life difficult but to give you a decent place to play.

There probably will be many sarcastic comments here but that’s life on the forum and you don’t have the constraints I have when commenting here. And that’s fine. We depend on you, you don’t depend on us.

I will follow up and answer any questions you may have.
ManagerELG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:42 AM   #169
Cyberdemon
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 28
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

Dunno why haters occupy this thread. I found the Statement very reasonable, and please keep in mind regarding the €-tables: You can't expect a network to cut off huge existing revenue for an all in promoting a 1$ rake cap.

That would be such a ridiculous move I dont't know how one can even think that. Players have to adopt the USD tables and marginalize the € ones, so please start tables and spread the word instead. Once the calculations turn in favor of the USD tables (if there are that many that operators can assume they can increase traffic vastly so total rake is more than before the promo) one can plead for a change at the euro tables combined with a big marketing push.

My impressions so far:

- Software is ok
- 3-5 NL50-100 6max tables running yesterday (19-22pm CET)
- VPIP 35-55% on those tables, I was the only nit there
- Thanks to the one who sat on 5 more tables to start - if I could cash in more I'd tried, too, but unfortunately I have to wait for a cashout first
- No problem using the available tables besides other clients
Cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:25 AM   #170
Alrighty Roo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Alrighty Roo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NONSTOPNIGHTCORE
Posts: 16,269
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

Are the PLO tables $ or Euro?

If they're all Euro then can I request $ ones to be started or are there already some empty ones waiting to be filled?
Alrighty Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:59 AM   #171
39suited
But it was suited
 
39suited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Teh Internetz (non US)
Posts: 8,189
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrighty Roo View Post
Are the PLO tables $ or Euro?

If they're all Euro then can I request $ ones to be started or are there already some empty ones waiting to be filled?
They are available for both, but most players on there are from Europe and some don't see the USD tables on their skins. I played both Euro and USD PLO tables through Luvin Poker before though.
39suited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #172
blind dollars
banned
 
blind dollars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA ALL THE WAY
Posts: 170
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

Quote:
Originally Posted by HENLEYS View Post
If I can't learn, chat and play with the pros, I'm not interested.
lmao....

I lol'ed soooo hard
blind dollars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:55 PM   #173
BigDog_
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 26
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

$1 cap no good for us microdonks.
BigDog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:07 AM   #174
mrcringles
grinder
 
mrcringles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Turn blank, River King!
Posts: 419
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog_ View Post
$1 cap no good for us microdonks.
but the 75% rakeback will help you get to 20nl plus (where you will benefit from this promo)
mrcringles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:11 AM   #175
AirborneSapper9845
self-banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,451
Re: NEWS: Everleaf touches the untouchable - Lowers rake on all US$ tables to a $1 cap Nov1-Dec

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcringles View Post
but the 75% rakeback will help you get to 20nl plus (where you will benefit from this promo)
Can you explain what you mean by 75% rakeback? I assume you are talking about the standard 40% rakeback plus some other kind of bonus or promotion, but specifically what are you talking about?
AirborneSapper9845 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive