Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,444 34.94%
No 5,522 56.02%
Undecided 891 9.04%
Voters: 9857. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 07:23 PM   #12526
pokerstarsexposed
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

Do you work for Poker Stars buddy? I got proof
pokerstarsexposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #12527
TheRenaissance
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheRenaissance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: nice+nice optimism forums
Posts: 10,588
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilboy666 View Post
Your mom is huge
Your mom is rigged.
TheRenaissance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:25 PM   #12528
deegerwoods
journeyman
 
deegerwoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kawartha Bluffs
Posts: 274
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

Yea my Dad works for a software developing company and he goes to meetings and at the meetings he talks to this guy from Pstars because Pstars buys there software from the company that my Dad works for and he says that the RNG is a hoax and that Pokerstars is rigged so yea, its rigged. for sure
deegerwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:25 PM   #12529
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,337
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny-T View Post
Obvious gimmick is obvious.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerstarsexposed View Post
Do you work for Poker Stars buddy? I got proof
Yawn.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:26 PM   #12530
pokerstarsexposed
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

PokerStars Support - Random shuffle, loyalty bonus
From: PokerStars Support <support@pokerstars.com>Add to Contacts
To: bwienman@rocketmail.com


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Betty,

Thank you for your email.

We did *NOT* state that it is impossible to have a random shuffle. We stated it is impossible for a
computer *BY ITSELF* to produce a random shuffle.

"Whilst I agree that no computer program is capable of producing truly random results, this is not the
case for PokerStars. To explain why you need to understand that, on its own, a computer could only
produce a pseudo-random shuffle, with results essentially dictated by the program.

Consider the following situation however; what if the computer had a human casino dealer sitting next
to it shuffling decks of cards and feeding them into the computer, and the computer then dealt out the
cards in the order that the dealer shuffled them? In this case the computer isn't simply relying on
its own program to deal the cards. It is also influenced by an independent, random, and unpredictable
stimulus - the human dealer.

Similarly at PokerStars, the shuffle program is influenced by two independent, random, and
unpredictable external stimuli, being:

1) Combined mouse movements from players connected to PokerStars
2) Thermal movements around the computer's thermal entropy chip

Just one of these stimuli in combination with the shuffle program would be sufficient to produce an
entirely unpredictable and random shuffle, however PokerStars has applied both."

Further, we do not have any deposit bonuses available at this time, but you are free to utilize any of
our VIP loyalty rewards which are based on your volume of play. Full details are available here:

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Lars
PokerStars Support Team
pokerstarsexposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #12531
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,337
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

Thanks for posting an email we've all seen before that proves nothing of what you said.

As I said before, you should read more before you post. This has been discussed plenty of times previously.

But hopefully this is just a silly gimmick that I'm indulging.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #12532
pokerstarsexposed
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

There is the proof This means that the whole site is a fraud.
pokerstarsexposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:30 PM   #12533
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,337
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerstarsexposed View Post
There is the proof This means that the whole site is a fraud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
But hopefully this is just a silly gimmick that I'm indulging.
Apparently it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny-T View Post
Lame gimmick is lame.
FYP.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #12534
pokerstarsexposed
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

bobo You have not seen this email. You work for Poker stars. I just let them know I was going to send this out and then here you come.
pokerstarsexposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #12535
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,035
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
I'm asking for proof that a legal prosecution was made against any poker site or poker player for fraud or abuse. I will not get any, so by your theory, fraud and abuse don't exsist, which is why there is no legal recourse.
You can call for that all you like, but that has nothing to do with whether stealthy superusers continue to exist or not.

Tons of people are in jail for crimes after prosecution. Has not stopped others from doing them. The others that still do them still need to be caught and their crimes proven.

I see what you are trying to do, but your logic flow has a serious fissure.

You can speculate that low threat of prosecution can lead to more crime (which is valid), but you still need to prove a crime takes place or else all you are doing is creating a theory that certain criminals exist with nothing behind it.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #12536
pokerstarsexposed
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

POKER STARS IS FRAUD
pokerstarsexposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #12537
WhatDoesCallMean
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,288
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

just move your mouse more when you get it all in while behind. i have the exact movement perfected in order for me to hit my miracle river card - its a sorta L-R-L-R-Circle kinda motion. Try it out and I promise u will never think its rigged again.

Its gonna cost you for me to tell you how to move the mouse when u get it in good.
WhatDoesCallMean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #12538
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Um, so how does that lead to this?


He says that the chances of a hack are close to zero, but not actually zero, and from that you extrapolate that he can hack a poker site?
I didn't say he could hack a poker site, I asked if there was any way to see hole cards.
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #12539
Devilboy666
veteran
 
Devilboy666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,569
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

Oh you mean the konami code?
Devilboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #12540
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Let's not stray from the subject...but as a side question, anything happen with that Floribus thing? And the guy's screenshot of Durrr and Antonius's(i think) hole cards?

Last edited by tk1133; 01-26-2010 at 07:57 PM.
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #12541
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
You can call for that all you like, but that has nothing to do with whether stealthy superusers continue to exist or not.

Tons of people are in jail for crimes after prosecution. Has not stopped others from doing them. The others that still do them still need to be caught and their crimes proven.

I see what you are trying to do, but your logic flow has a serious fissure.

You can speculate that low threat of prosecution can lead to more crime (which is valid), but you still need to prove a crime takes place or else all you are doing is creating a theory that certain criminals exist with nothing behind it.

So before we can attempt to prevent possible and plausible travesty's from occuring, we have to wait for another UB/AP super user bomb to explode and millions of dollars lost. No recourse, except for slander.

Kinda like 9/11 and our Air Travel
-Prove that it somebody is going to hijack another plane and attack us before we heighten airport security.

I bet you wrote the FAA and HS and ridiculed them for their increase in security for example, implementing and spending that kind of money on bullet proof, vaulted doors to their pilots cabins...

Last edited by tk1133; 01-26-2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: I bet you still believe in the magic bullet theory too...
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #12542
Mitch Evans
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,633
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

When Stars support starts using caps combined with asterisks, that's when you know you're an idiot. No offense.
Mitch Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #12543
G-Code
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,315
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

time for an update,stars
G-Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #12544
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerstarsexposed View Post
PokerStars Support - Random shuffle, loyalty bonus
From: PokerStars Support <support@pokerstars.com>Add to Contacts
To: bwienman@rocketmail.com


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Betty,

Thank you for your email.

We did *NOT* state that it is impossible to have a random shuffle. We stated it is impossible for a
computer *BY ITSELF* to produce a random shuffle.

"Whilst I agree that no computer program is capable of producing truly random results,
this is not the
case for PokerStars. To explain why you need to understand that, on its own, a computer could only
produce a pseudo-random shuffle, with results essentially dictated by the program.

Consider the following situation however; what if the computer had a human casino dealer sitting next
to it shuffling decks of cards and feeding them into the computer, and the computer then dealt out the
cards in the order that the dealer shuffled them? In this case the computer isn't simply relying on
its own program to deal the cards. It is also influenced by an independent, random, and unpredictable
stimulus - the human dealer.

Similarly at PokerStars, the shuffle program is influenced by two independent, random, and
unpredictable external stimuli, being:

1) Combined mouse movements from players connected to PokerStars
2) Thermal movements around the computer's thermal entropy chip

Just one of these stimuli in combination with the shuffle program would be sufficient to produce an
entirely unpredictable and random shuffle, however PokerStars has applied both."

Further, we do not have any deposit bonuses available at this time, but you are free to utilize any of
our VIP loyalty rewards which are based on your volume of play. Full details are available here:

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Lars
PokerStars Support Team

We did *NOT* state that it is impossible to have a random shuffle. We stated it is impossible for a
computer *BY ITSELF* to produce a random shuffle.

"Whilst I agree that no computer program is capable of producing truly random results,


So this would be evidence that the only truly random Poker Site deal is at Poker Stars and all other sites are "fixed results" ?
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:23 PM   #12545
Mitch Evans
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,633
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Once again, it is time for Mitch Evans' theory of rigativity.

The narcissist: "I am a great player. If I lose, it must be rigged."
Everyone else: "If I lose, I must be a losing player; If I win, I must be a winning player."

The Narcissist's Theory of Variance: "If I run hot, I am merely running at the mean for my expert level. If I lose a pot once in a while, that's just variance. If I run bad, it's rigged."
Mitch Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #12546
G-Code
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,315
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

here we go....
G-Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:31 PM   #12547
4lysik
Dinkum Aussie KOTKP Champ
 
4lysik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: checking my nuts
Posts: 643
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

Awesome thread. Too slack to read the whole thing, but I hope someone has caught on that PRNGs do need periodic auditing every few years -- after a while, even with no code changes, entropy is bound to set in.

boom tish
4lysik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #12548
wants
old hand
 
wants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Yasnaya Polyana
Posts: 1,752
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP$IP View Post
Rrigging online poker by altering the RNG is like rigging a football game by altering the law of gravity. That would not be the way to do it.
If this doesn't put it into terms that the tin-foil crew can understand, I don't know what can.
wants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:40 PM   #12549
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,337
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
I didn't say he could hack a poker site, I asked if there was any way to see hole cards.
Wow, talk about splitting hairs. You actually were talking about "find ways to circumvent securities to view whole cards or manipulate a game". If you don't want to call that hacking a poker site, um, OK.

But you didn't ask him anything...you stated that you thought he could find a way to do it. Why do you think so?
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #12550
pokerstarsexposed
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7
Re: Stars admits to RNG NOT being audited since 2003.

That email is real it proves that POKERSTARS IS FRAUD . Besides I can prove the email is real. This makes you question the famous players. Did pokerstars just cheat to get them to the top. Thats right they are no better than you or I.
pokerstarsexposed is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive