Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,444 34.94%
No 5,522 56.02%
Undecided 892 9.05%
Voters: 9858. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 07:20 PM   #5076
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by otatop View Post
Thanks for proving my point, shill.
Sorry what point was that.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:27 PM   #5077
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,132
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
The hands come from page 322 of this thread and are not my hands. I have never played at FTP.
lol @ 15 posts/page.
DMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #5078
BigErf
veteran
 
BigErf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Planet Erf
Posts: 3,321
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Listen, I am just trying to think through all the logistics of creating a rigging system to favor certain categories of players. It's reasonable to think there could be motive for this from a business point of view. Although it's HIGHLY LIKELY that the complications of pulling it off, and the risks of getting caught would greatly outweigh any benefit, and ALMOST CERTAINLY preclude a reasonable company from trying it.

But I still think it's worth exploring. Please don't lump me in the with guys you are enjoying your ongoing pissing contest with. thx
It's definitely worth exploring and I'm personally glad that there are people like you who do. I only play on Stars because of a reputation that I've come to trust, but I can't say that the thought doesn't cross my mind from time to time. And I'm sure that more people then will admit think the same.

Whether I'm on the losing end or the winning end, the only times it bothers me is when I see a decent amount of pots where, "neither one of us was getting away from our hands". And at times I'll admit that I think, "Man, poker is f****n rigged!" But then I'll go through a significant amount of time where I can't pay for a decent hand. When I really think about it I guess if I play 6 tables for 4+ hrs a day I'm bound to see patterns of some kind.
BigErf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #5079
K13
banned
 
K13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 531
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by otatop View Post

I'd say losing a good amount of your customers is pretty good punishment. I'm not sure how many people played on AP/UB before the scandal broke, but they only have something like 4,500 players a day now.
I see 20k-30k online a day, not sure what you are seeing.
K13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #5080
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
Sorry what point was that.
You say qpw's a shill because he's never posted HHs or disclosed his job (wtf?).

Neither have you, ergo, you're a shill.
otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:59 PM   #5081
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by K13 View Post
I see 20k-30k online a day, not sure what you are seeing.
I was wrong, actually, PokerScout shows their daily average of cash players is around 2,500.
otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:16 PM   #5082
K13
banned
 
K13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 531
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

oh **** bitches, hand histories are being imported as we speak.

Looks like its going to take a long time according to PT3.

Very interested myself, maybe it will shut me up Unlikely.
K13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:55 PM   #5083
Rounding4Rent
journeyman
 
Rounding4Rent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
I am 100% certain online poker is rigged, and would literally bet my life on it.
I feel the exact same way.

I've been through ups and downs with online poker. played all different stakes with different bankrolls. played on eight different sites for 4 years on and off..
THEY ARE ALL THE SAME.
I play live almost every single night at cardrooms by me and occassionally down atlantic city and im a consistent winner. Live easier? maybe. But its REAL poker.
Online poker adjusts (manipulates) the cards you get by your account history/bankroll. They dont want many winners - but they do want some to keep the skepticism at ease. "Brian Townsend won a couple million, why cant I? Good bankroll management and i'll pay for card runners and maybe i'll be there!"
Rubbish. Get with the program. Online poker is not a get-rich-quick ticket. The only people getting rich are the ones running this god-awful scam in the foreign countries that people put so much trust in.

Last edited by Rounding4Rent; 06-19-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Rounding4Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:32 AM   #5084
dbcooper279
old hand
 
dbcooper279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Under 23ft of water
Posts: 1,678
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
I feel the exact same way.

I've been through ups and downs with online poker. played all different stakes with different bankrolls. played on eight different sites for 4 years on and off..
THEY ARE ALL THE SAME.
I play live almost every single night at cardrooms by me and occassionally down atlantic city and im a consistent winner. Live easier? maybe. But its REAL poker.
Online poker adjusts (manipulates) the cards you get by your account history/bankroll. They dont want many winners - but they do want some to keep the skepticism at ease. "Brian Townsend won a couple million, why cant I? Good bankroll management and i'll pay for card runners and maybe i'll be there!"
Rubbish. Get with the program. Online poker is not a get-rich-quick ticket. The only people getting rich are the ones running this god-awful scam in the foreign countries that people put so much trust in.
I'd put money on a skilled online player beating you live anyday.

I hear this crap every day. "I win live, but the only reason I lose online is because it's rigged." Guess what, you are not as good as you think you are, and you will never be able to accept that fact.
dbcooper279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #5085
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
I feel the exact same way.

I've been through ups and downs with online poker. played all different stakes with different bankrolls. played on eight different sites for 4 years on and off..
THEY ARE ALL THE SAME.


LOL, let's try and use some basic logic here.

What's more likely?

Possibility #1: Of eight different sites, one or a few of them rigs their RNG. Most sites operate honorably, but a few rigged ones stand out.

Possibility #2: Of eight different sites, THEY ARE ALL THE SAME. They all rig their RNG and in the exact same ways! zomg!

Possibility #3: Of eight different sites, THEY ARE ALL THE SAME. They're perfectly random and gasp..... you just suck at online poker.




Which is the most logical, and which is the least? Call me crazy, but #2 is definitely the least logical. Apprarently eight different unaffiliated poker sites are all rigging their RNG to rip you off. If you had given me a story like #1 you'd still be paranoid and wrong, but it would at least make more sense.


If you are unable to see why online poker is tougher than live poker, you're not paying any attention to the way the games play. Live poker doesn't have multitablers who take up seats at just about every table. Those multitablers are generally better than the average player, and tighter. They will cut into your normal winrate, possibly enough to make you a losing online player. In addition, online poker also doesn't make you wait a couple of minutes to see each hand, and therefore the people who are impatient and gambooooling it up playing live can actually show more discipline playing online.

If you're playing any kind of decent stakes online, expect it to be a challenge. Just because you can't sit down at an online table and run over it the way you might be able to against drunk tourists, doesn't make it rigged.

You know what happens most times some idiot at an online table sucks out on me in a really sick way? I look up their playing results in the available online databases, and 9 times out of 10, they are losing money at a sick rate. So, despite the fact that the sites are supposedly "keeping them in the game", they still miraculously have lost thousands, and sometimes tens or hundreds of thousands. But sure, it's rigged for them.

In summary,

NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:37 AM   #5086
Rounding4Rent
journeyman
 
Rounding4Rent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Guess what, you are not as good as you think you are, and you will never be able to accept that fact.
How do you know im no good at poker? Because I lose online?

So what you're saying is online poker is not rigged. Are we starting back at square one now?
Rounding4Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:39 AM   #5087
Rounding4Rent
journeyman
 
Rounding4Rent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Possibility #2: Of eight different sites, THEY ARE ALL THE SAME. They all rig their RNG and in the exact same ways! zomg!
You hit the nail on the head. ZOMG!

Quote:
If you are unable to see why online poker is tougher than live poker, you're not paying any attention to the way the games play. Live poker doesn't have multitablers who take up seats at just about every table. Those multitablers are generally better than the average player, and tighter. They will cut into your normal winrate, possibly enough to make you a losing online player. In addition, online poker also doesn't make you wait a couple of minutes to see each hand, and therefore the people who are impatient and gambooooling it up playing live can actually show more discipline playing online.

If you're playing any kind of decent stakes online, expect it to be a challenge. Just because you can't sit down at an online table and run over it the way you might be able to against drunk tourists, doesn't make it rigged.

You know what happens most times some idiot at an online table sucks out on me in a really sick way? I look up their playing results in the available online databases, and 9 times out of 10, they are losing money at a sick rate. So, despite the fact that the sites are supposedly "keeping them in the game", they still miraculously have lost thousands, and sometimes tens or hundreds of thousands. But sure, it's rigged for them.

^ THIS was ALL pointless. I don't completely disagree that online players may be tougher than live. Show me where I said that, please?
Rounding4Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:47 AM   #5088
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Most players arguing that online is rigged are losing players online while claiming to win live. Whether or not you've made that specific argument in the past week I have no idea. I thought you did but it may have been another conspiracy theorist.

As for why you fail to see why the logic of your argument about 8 poker sites makes no sense, I really have no idea. Had you only played in one place it would be a little more understandable, but after a while playing across eight different sites, you'd think one would look for a more logical explanation than all eight of the sites are cheating you.


EDIT: This, at the very least from my previous post, is NOT pointless:

You know what happens most times some idiot at an online table sucks out on me in a really sick way? I look up their playing results in the available online databases, and 9 times out of 10, they are losing money at a sick rate. So, despite the fact that the sites are supposedly "keeping them in the game", they still miraculously have lost thousands, and sometimes tens or hundreds of thousands. But sure, it's rigged for them.
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:50 AM   #5089
dbcooper279
old hand
 
dbcooper279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Under 23ft of water
Posts: 1,678
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
How do you know im no good at poker? Because I lose online?

So what you're saying is online poker is not rigged. Are we starting back at square one now?
I never said you were "no good", but I did say you aren't as good as you think you are.

You've gone ahead and concluded that the only reason that you lose online is because it's rigged, however, you have neglected to take into account that you are more than likely to run into a more skilled player than yourself online than you are live, along with table selection.
dbcooper279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:13 AM   #5090
LVGambler
banned
 
LVGambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EXIT42O
Posts: 4,884
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

I've made a decent living playing live poker over the last two years and can honestly admit that I sucked a$$ when I was playing online. I lost thousands of dollars on 3 different sites in two years. I used to think online poker was rigged until a friend of mine, who really taught me how to play, forced me to dl my hh so we could look over them. This clearly showed that my bet sizes and playing oop were what was killin me. That and I used to get high too much (and would get too comfortable.. be in my underwear with a drink in hand, etc) while I was playing. I never get high when I play live. It's not fun to me and I think I'm easier to read when I'm loaded. I drink a little though (but never past the point of being buzzed). Anyways, my point is that I used to think online poker was rigged because I was losing. Until I saw that it was all just my fault.
I can sympathize with players who think online poker is rigged. But unless you can prove that you're playing correctly AND you have proof that the RNG's are rigged........ then....... you're really just a loser imo
LVGambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:22 AM   #5091
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGambler View Post
I've made a decent living playing live poker over the last two years and can honestly admit that I sucked a$$ when I was playing online. I lost thousands of dollars on 3 different sites in two years. I used to think online poker was rigged until a friend of mine, who really taught me how to play, forced me to dl my hh so we could look over them. This clearly showed that my bet sizes and playing oop were what was killin me. That and I used to get high too much (and would get too comfortable.. be in my underwear with a drink in hand, etc) while I was playing. I never get high when I play live. It's not fun to me and I think I'm easier to read when I'm loaded. I drink a little though (but never past the point of being buzzed). Anyways, my point is that I used to think online poker was rigged because I was losing. Until I saw that it was all just my fault.
I can sympathize with players who think online poker is rigged. But unless you can prove that you're playing correctly AND you have proof that the RNG's are rigged........ then....... you're really just a loser imo
This is an intelligent response to an initial concern that OLP is rigged.

People who respond in this way learn from their mistakes and, if they have the aptitude and are prepared to put in the effort, most likely eventually become winning players.

Whereas the likes of supperdish, th1133, k13 et al just continue to lose money and whine on like little girls about some mythical rigging.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:54 AM   #5092
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,055
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
How do you know im no good at poker? Because I lose online?
All of your posts pretty much define the mentality of a person who wants to be great at something, is probably average/below average, yet cannot accept that reality. Thus, that person rationalizes to compensate and allow himself to feel better.

All of us have some skills, and some we wish we were better at, and there are some very basic ways people handle being relatively unskilled at something.

- Some do not mind and play casually or for fun. When I golf once in a decade that is about the highest level I ever play (though my Happy Gilmore style swing is improving).

- Some work hard at improving and are open about their weaknesses and flaws as well as their strengths. While these people may never become world class, they will certainly improve.

- Some will nearly always find a reason why something bad happens. The refs are corrupt. The sites are rigged. My equipment was faulty. The rules changed. The weather was bad.

You see these guys all the time in every type of activity. They will never be wrong or make a mistake, and it is always someone else or some thing's fault when they fail. Taken to a bit more extreme, they will see forces at work to keep them down when in reality the world really does not care if they win or lose ( a harsh reality for those that think they are the center of the universe).

So reading your posts one sees the classic pattern of someone who thinks he is good at something, and may not utterly suck, but is a stagnant player who cannot adapt to situations and always finds reasons for failure that is not his fault.

You really think online poker has the monopoly on this type of mentality among it's participants? It is quite standard for wannabes that cannot succeed in all activities and business in life.

Essentially, life is rigged against some people.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
So what you're saying is online poker is not rigged. Are we starting back at square one now?
The charm of this thread is it never gets past square 1, though once in a while the music will change. Instead of flush draws hitting we have cash out curses or entropy effects. Instead of big stacks winning too much we have short stacks winning too much (somehow both are possible in the riggedologist world).

This thread will never get past square 1, which is part of it's appeal. Even if every condition was met by every riggedologist on the planet to ensure the sites are clean all it would take is a single bad beat and we are back to square 1 again

All the best.

Last edited by Monteroy; 06-19-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:05 AM   #5093
Arouet
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Arouet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,433
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by K13 View Post
oh **** bitches, hand histories are being imported as we speak.

Looks like its going to take a long time according to PT3.

Very interested myself, maybe it will shut me up Unlikely.
This has potential. I will take a leap of faith and give kudos to you K13 in advance for actually taking steps to verify your suspicions.
Arouet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:05 AM   #5094
senjitsu
banned
 
senjitsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: λαγχάν
Posts: 3,058
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
All of your posts pretty much define the mentality of a person who wants to be great at something, is probably average/below average, yet cannot accept that reality. Thus, that person rationalizes to compensate and allow himself to feel better.
i think the term your searching for is a self-indulgent mindset.
senjitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:49 AM   #5095
Josem
human chemical weapon
 
Josem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Getting Trolled
Posts: 17,957
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arouet View Post
This has potential. I will take a leap of faith and give kudos to you K13 in advance for actually taking steps to verify your suspicions.
I'll believe it when I see it (but I too am hopeful)
Josem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #5096
dsh_spb
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 30
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
I feel the exact same way.

I've been through ups and downs with online poker. played all different stakes with different bankrolls. played on eight different sites for 4 years on and off..
THEY ARE ALL THE SAME.
I play live almost every single night at cardrooms by me and occassionally down atlantic city and im a consistent winner. Live easier? maybe. But its REAL poker.
Online poker adjusts (manipulates) the cards you get by your account history/bankroll. They dont want many winners - but they do want some to keep the skepticism at ease. "Brian Townsend won a couple million, why cant I? Good bankroll management and i'll pay for card runners and maybe i'll be there!"
Rubbish. Get with the program. Online poker is not a get-rich-quick ticket. The only people getting rich are the ones running this god-awful scam in the foreign countries that people put so much trust in.
Folks!
The guy tells his story to explain why he thinks online poker is rigged. You respond that he is loosing online because he isn't as good as he thinks he is. Maybe, you are right. May be, not. Noone, except the hero, can tell this.
But it would be more convincing if you gave your own story. For instance, "I'm playing both online and ofline for 2 years and over this period of time I have won online $100,000. I don't feel that for me online poker is any worse then live."
Something like that. What I could read so far is:

"I've made a decent living playing live poker over the last two years and can honestly admit that I sucked a$$ when I was playing online. I lost thousands of dollars on 3 different sites in two years. .................................... Anyways, my point is that I used to think online poker was rigged because I was losing. Until I saw that it was all just my fault."

This is a great comment. It would be even better if the author specified, how much time he spent playing online and how many thousands he lost online before he found out that it was just his fault. Did he do something to improve his play online? Does he win online now? How much?
Thanks.
dsh_spb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:00 PM   #5097
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
I'm here because my fellow americans are being ripped off on a LARGE scale and half of them are too ignorant to realize it. Real talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
What if you came over to my house and watched me lose 1000 12-table SNG sets in a row? But then do ok playing 9-10 table sets. Or 52 losing weekends in a row, but do ok during the week. Would that do it for you? Because it sure feels right now like that would happen if I had the BR/time to test it. I've played 50k sngs and I've had a couple runs in the last 2000 that I've never seen before, or even thought possible.
suzzer, I just wanted to let you know that I learned A TON from your posts in the STT Forum when I first got to 2+2. I truly believe you are a very skilled player who hit a rough patch and will come out fine if you want to. You've been at it for a while though, so (strictly speculation) maybe you don't have the motivation to like you did in the past. I mean, they say ya gotta get back on the horse, but what if you've had enough horse riding, ya know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
You underestimate technology my friend.
If the sites have technology to screw people then technology to track it exists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo_Boy View Post
Rigging is possible + Pokerstars like money = It is rigged
WHATEVER CAN HAPPEN WILL HAPPEN
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
i dont believe online poker is rigged. i just have a sac.
no reason for FTP/PS to rig it. they make too much in rake.* smaller sites tho, i wouldnt play on

Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

UTG: $46.45
UTG+1: $83.80
MP1: $36.00
MP2: $343.10
CO: $200.00
BTN: $152.75
SB: $156.40
Hero (BB): $203.00

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with A K
UTG calls $2, UTG+1 calls $2, 1 fold, MP2 raises to $12, 3 folds, Hero raises to $124, 2 folds, MP2 calls $112

Flop: ($253.00) K 7 Q (2 players)
Hero bets $79 all in, MP2 calls $79

Turn: ($411.00) 8 (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($411.00) 8 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $411.00
MP2 shows A 8 (three of a kind, Eights)
Hero shows A K (two pair, Kings and Eights)
MP2 wins $408.00
*(Rake: $3.00)
Sinner, you start by saying you don't think PS/FTP is rigged, but then you post a hand (as if one hand means anything...) from FTP as proof. That's odd.

Then in the hand, you put in an outlandish re-raise for well over 1/2 your stack with no thought about what the pot will be on the flop in relation to the amount you've left behind. Based on pot odds, it was pretty much a mandatory call for the villain.

Really, after seeing this tragedy, I'd be more inclined to consider it as proof that the sites don't protect "fish" since you still lost the hand. Also, I suspect the villain may have taken this line against you based on his observations of your previous play.

Finally, the site got paid $3 regardless of who won. They probably don't care whether or not you go broke 'cause you just deposit again, amirite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
This is beyond belief.

Clear evidence of site protecting fish IMO.
Really? That one hand is "beyond belief?" Also, your evidence standards are extremely low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
Did you also miss the countless graphs I posted from POKERTRACKER???
I didn't miss all ten of them. But around my house, that figure doesn't really qualify as "countless." Even you should be able to count that high, unless you lost a few digits in an industrial accident along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
I no longer play OP.
so why continue posting in the INTERNET POKER Forum?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMoogle View Post
If it wouldn't leave a footprint in statistical analysis, I doubt it'd leave a footprint in their profits.
this
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFuego20 View Post
Most players arguing that online is rigged are losing players online while claiming to win live. Whether or not you've made that specific argument in the past week I have no idea. I thought you did but it may have been another conspiracy theorist...

You know what happens most times some idiot at an online table sucks out on me in a really sick way? I look up their playing results in the available online databases, and 9 times out of 10, they are losing money at a sick rate. So, despite the fact that the sites are supposedly "keeping them in the game", they still miraculously have lost thousands, and sometimes tens or hundreds of thousands. But sure, it's rigged for them.
It's easy to say you're a winning live player when there's no way for others to verify these claims. However, one time Mikeal_DH challenged me to call his local casino to verify with the employees his poker prowess - this is how he thought they'd respond:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeal_DH View Post
I could just hand the phone over to one of the regulars,and they would probably say something like "Yeah Mike H is a decent above ave ok winning player.He has cashed a lot.I have been at final tables with him.I have even chopped split cashes with him.He is probably not the best or one of the best players here.But he does seem to make the final table and cash consistently.Mike's strengths are that he is methodical about the way he plays.There are a lot of us, dealers included,that like watching the methodical way he plays.Mike also makes decent reads.And he doesnt give out many tells and can be hard to read at times.

Mike DH
now, anyone who knows anything about Mike knows that he's NOT a good player. IF folks at his casino think he's anything but awful it's just a testament to how absolutely horrific live players are in general. More likely, his opinion of his game isn't shared by anyone but himself. I believe that to be the case with many ITT who start their posts with the phrase "I'm a winning live player..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGambler View Post
I've made a decent living playing live poker over the last two years and can honestly admit that I sucked a$$ when I was playing online. I lost thousands of dollars on 3 different sites in two years.
Holy ****! "Honesty" ??!?!?!! God bless ya!
Quote:
I used to think online poker was rigged until a friend of mine, who really taught me how to play, forced me to dl my hh so we could look over them. This clearly showed that my bet sizes and playing oop were what was killin me.
yeah, funny how that works, huh? see the hand quoted above for an perfect example.
Quote:
Anyways, my point is that I used to think online poker was rigged because I was losing. Until I saw that it was all just my fault.
I can sympathize with players who think online poker is rigged. But unless you can prove that you're playing correctly AND you have proof that the RNG's are rigged........ then....... you're really just a loser imo
could be the best post in this "debate."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
All of your posts pretty much define the mentality of a person who wants to be great at something, is probably average/below average, yet cannot accept that reality. Thus, that person rationalizes to compensate and allow himself to feel better.

- Some work hard at improving and are open about their weaknesses and flaws as well as their strengths. While these people may never become world class, they will certainly improve. (see LVGambler...)

- Some will nearly always find a reason why something bad happens. The refs are corrupt. The sites are rigged. My equipment was faulty. The rules changed. The weather was bad.

You see these guys all the time in every type of activity. They will never be wrong or make a mistake, and it is always someone else or some thing's fault when they fail. Taken to a bit more extreme, they will see forces at work to keep them down when in reality the world really does not care if they win or lose ( a harsh reality for those that think they are the center of the universe).
we saw that mentality in the Anyone Else Think There's Something Wrong With Golden Tee? experiment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigErf View Post
I'm with the "rigged" crowd.

And I'm kind of almost 100% sure that there's select times where the "Action Flops" button is hit.
what about the times when I manage to fold a marginal hand pre-flop to a raise and a couple of callers or a re-raise but would have ended up with THE NUTS against 1-2 other big hands? Wouldn't that benefit the site more? Don't the players' actions determine action? How about when someone decides to slow-play his monster to the river? Do they doomswitch him for his insolence?

Sorry for the long post. Gosh, I could really go for an Ice Cream Sammich after all that!
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #5098
K13
banned
 
K13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 531
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Ok, its all imported for PS.

Not sure how much analysis you can get from PT3, don't think they have a expectedEV graph do they? Or all in %? What do you look for most in PT3? I only have the trial version.

"Starting hands" look pretty legit.

AA's 87.8% win percentage, .00438 of hands were AA's.
(can't really complain about that)

It goes :

AA 87.8%
KK 81.22%
QQ 74.16%
AKs 73.55%
JJ 71.37%
AKo 68.94%
TT 62.83%
AQs 60.75%
92o 1.9%

Oddly enough, most "amount won" is AJs , least is K3o

84s + 357451 , That's almost as much as AKs LOL

Yet KQs is -18027 even with a high win % and positive BB/hand.

I guess "amount won" can be results oriented and skewed by big tourney pots, not sure.

I have really crappy hands like J6o/K6o winning me a lot of pots.

My VPIP is 25.74, I thought I was a lot nittier than that. But I do play a lot of turbo's.

But getting info like how many times AK < KJ pre is not really possible from PT3 right? Or how often PP < Ax???

I'm going to look more into these stats later today, post more, compare to other sites, etc.

Last edited by K13; 06-19-2009 at 12:31 PM.
K13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:42 PM   #5099
Bingo_Boy
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,872
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by K13 View Post
Ok, its all imported for PS.

Not sure how much analysis you can get from PT3, don't think they have a expectedEV graph do they? Or all in %? What do you look for most in PT3? I only have the trial version.

"Starting hands" look pretty legit.

AA's 87.8% win percentage, .00438 of hands were AA's.
(can't really complain about that)

It goes :

AA 87.8%
KK 81.22%
QQ 74.16%
AKs 73.55%
JJ 71.37%
AKo 68.94%
TT 62.83%
AQs 60.75%
92o 1.9%

Oddly enough, most "amount won" is AJs , least is K3o

84s + 357451 , That's almost as much as AKs LOL

Yet KQs is -18027 even with a high win % and positive BB/hand.

I guess "amount won" can be results oriented and skewed by big tourney pots, not sure.

I have really crappy hands like J6o/K6o winning me a lot of pots.

My VPIP is 25.74, I thought I was a lot nittier than that. But I do play a lot of turbo's.

But getting info like how many times AK < KJ pre is not really possible from PT3 right? Or how often PP < Ax???

I'm going to look more into these stats later today, post more, compare to other sites, etc.
Custom reports here:http://www.pokertracker.com/repository/

EV analysis here:https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45...0-14-a-370373/

I can't confirm thier accuracy and I assume there are other tools available but it might help you
Bingo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #5100
LVGambler
banned
 
LVGambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EXIT42O
Posts: 4,884
Cool Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh_spb View Post
Folks!
The guy tells his story to explain why he thinks online poker is rigged. You respond that he is loosing online because he isn't as good as he thinks he is. Maybe, you are right. May be, not. Noone, except the hero, can tell this.
But it would be more convincing if you gave your own story. For instance, "I'm playing both online and ofline for 2 years and over this period of time I have won online $100,000. I don't feel that for me online poker is any worse then live."
Something like that. What I could read so far is:

"I've made a decent living playing live poker over the last two years and can honestly admit that I sucked a$$ when I was playing online. I lost thousands of dollars on 3 different sites in two years. .................................... Anyways, my point is that I used to think online poker was rigged because I was losing. Until I saw that it was all just my fault."

This is a great comment. It would be even better if the author specified, how much time he spent playing online and how many thousands he lost online before he found out that it was just his fault. Did he do something to improve his play online? Does he win online now? How much?
Thanks.
1. Q: how much time he spent playing online
A: Around 4-5 hrs a day on average
*I played, for money, on PokerHost, UltimateBet, FullTilt and PokerStars

2. Q: how many thousands he lost online before he found out that it was just his fault
A: Close to $4,000.00 US Dollars in total

3. Q: Did he do something to improve his play online?
A: Not really. I switched to live poker. Tournaments at first, then cash games. I still do both, but mostly cash games

4. Q: Does he win online now? How much?
A: No. I just play freerolls when I'm bored. Haven't played for real money online in over a year and half (I quit my job two years ago. I used to be a casino dealer)

Is that better? I have nothing to hide btw. But I won't give out any of my screen names. One, I can't remember most of them. Two, it wouldn't matter because I had most of them removed from SharkScope a while ago. I wrote letters and e-mails to each of the sites complaining that my privacy was being invaded. Basically, as I already admitted that I was losing, I was tired of players looking up my stats and calling me a fish! True, true story. No lies here guys. Just being honest.

On the other hand though.. playing live poker I have acquired two Orleans poker jackets (and around $3,000.00 after taxes from those two wins). I play NL Hold'em and Omaha mostly. But I can play all the games. I also play a little Blackjack, Pai Gow Poker and Craps sometimes. Sports book, too (mostly college football and boxing). I've been able to cover over $3,500.00 a month in bills and keep my two houses. I rent one out as of two months ago. End of story

Last edited by LVGambler; 06-19-2009 at 01:50 PM. Reason: I could really go for an Ice Cream Sammich after all that!
LVGambler is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive