Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates

01-13-2011 , 04:55 PM
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9 Air dates -26 episodes
2/13/11 901A Bellagio Cup VI part 1
2/20/11 901B Bellagio Cup VI part 2
2/27/11 902A Legends of Poker part 1
3/6/11 902B Legends of Poker part 2
3/13/11 903A Borgata Poker Open Part 1
3/20/11 903B Borgata Poker Open Part 2
3/27/11 904A Festa Al Lago part 1
4/3/11 904B Festa Al Lago part 2
4/10/11 905A Foxwoods World Poker Finals part 1
4/17/11 905B Foxwoods World Poker Finals part 2
4/24/11 906A 5 Diamond World Poker Classic part 1
5/1/11 906B 5 Diamond World Poker Classic part 2
5/8/11 907A Southern Poker Championship part 1
5/15/11 907B Southern Poker Championship part 2
5/22/11 908A L.A. Poker Classic part 1
5/29/11 908B L.A. Poker Classic part 2
6/5/11 909A WPT Invitational part 1
6/12/11 909B WPT Invitational part 2
6/19/11 910A Bay 101 Shooting Star part 1
6/26/11 910B Bay 101 Shooting Star part 2
7/3/11 911A Hollywood Poker Open Part 1
7/10/11 911B Hollywood Poker Open Part 2
7/17/11 912A Seminole - Hard Rock Part 1
7/24/11 912B Seminole - Hard Rock Part 2
7/31/11 913A WPT World Championship IX Part 1
8/7/11 913B WPT World Championship IX Part 2
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-13-2011 , 05:04 PM
Looks good. There was a thread in here with a rumor about a change in the announcer lineup. Any official word on that?
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-13-2011 , 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmon
Looks good. There was a thread in here with a rumor about a change in the announcer lineup. Any official word on that?
Watch the Season IX Preview and you will have your answer.
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-13-2011 , 05:36 PM
Spoiler alert to anyone that wants to watch that video.

But I think the (minor) changes will be good. Thanks.
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-13-2011 , 06:07 PM
Pink bikini girl is sick hot. Tony Dunst seems a little awkward on the show .. I don't know.
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-14-2011 , 03:19 AM
I am actually kind of excited. I never liked WPT before btw.
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-14-2011 , 04:11 AM
How much time of each event broadcast will be dedicated to the pre final 6 portion of the tournament?
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-14-2011 , 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 413AceKing
How much time of each event broadcast will be dedicated to the pre final 6 portion of the tournament?
I would say it is about 1/3 of the show
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-14-2011 , 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folding Soup
I am actually kind of excited. I never liked WPT before btw.
yeah, that's a hell of a preview trailer, say what ya will ..
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-14-2011 , 10:06 AM
this is looking very good matt
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-14-2011 , 02:44 PM
I'm excited to watch these! It looks like a good re-boot.
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-14-2011 , 10:26 PM
Annette classy as always telling us we all suck lol
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-15-2011 , 12:22 AM
Being partial to brunettes, I give my hearty approval to the Royal Flush girls. Kimberly Lansing is looking mighty fine as well.
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-15-2011 , 02:09 AM
New season looks better...It would be nice to see all the hands (9-10 handed) at the final table on the WPT web site. What the WSOP did this year showing coverage on ESPN3 is the way to go. Any way to make this happen Matt?
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-16-2011 , 04:01 PM
When will they go to 2HR broad casts instead of Part I & part II

Its almost impossible to watch an entire event on FSN, half the time it gets interrupted by random basketball games, hockey games etc... so you catch part I but part gets delayed 2 hours, then the idiot at the local fox station re-run the wrong episode. Most of the time its more trouble to watch. If I have to hunt for it then its of no value. Why can't they just broadcast their episodes on HULU or have FullTilt put it on their website like Pokerstars does with Pokerstars.tv. Nothing stopping you from embedding commercials in the episode if you want to.

Give ESPN credit at least they know that when they show a repeat they block off 2 hours most of the time.
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-16-2011 , 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Savage
Watch the Season IX Preview and you will have your answer.
I just watched this preview Matt and it looks to me like the WPTs new edgier format is going to glorify a lot of poor, classless behavior, both at the poker table and on the rail.

It also appears that Tony Dunst, a young player that I have respected in the past, is going to sit "safely" in a secluded booth and be able to rip into selected players and their plays as he sees fit.

I guess the WPT execs are taking this "pro wrestling" approach in the hopes of gaining viewership and turning a profit...good luck with that and sincere thanks for encouraging a new crop of attention-whores coming soon to a casino near you.
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-16-2011 , 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STUD
New season looks better...It would be nice to see all the hands (9-10 handed) at the final table on the WPT web site. What the WSOP did this year showing coverage on ESPN3 is the way to go. Any way to make this happen Matt?
Not sure yet but we are working on it
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-16-2011 , 10:31 PM
Matt I do agree with a previous poster. I know you work more on the tournament side than the TV side, but please talk the WPT execs into putting an online version of the show up somewhere. My local FSN affiliate, CSN New England almost NEVER had WPT on at a normal time last season. I like the WPT, but I do not like it enough to have to search like crazy every week hoping that it is on and not pre-empted.

I am curious to know when the studio interviews are done with the players. Do they do it right before the final table starts or the night before?
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-16-2011 , 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 413AceKing
Matt I do agree with a previous poster. I know you work more on the tournament side than the TV side, but please talk the WPT execs into putting an online version of the show up somewhere. My local FSN affiliate, CSN New England almost NEVER had WPT on at a normal time last season. I like the WPT, but I do not like it enough to have to search like crazy every week hoping that it is on and not pre-empted.

I am curious to know when the studio interviews are done with the players. Do they do it right before the final table starts or the night before?
Thanks for the input I will definitely show this to the CEO.

FWIW FSN has promised us more a steady time slot and twice every Sunday night and if it is preempted in the early slot it will air in it's second spot.
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-17-2011 , 04:31 AM
How long is each episode? One hour or two?
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-17-2011 , 12:50 PM
wrong, sorry

Last edited by ChristianT; 01-17-2011 at 01:09 PM.
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-17-2011 , 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGotTheTouch
How long is each episode? One hour or two?
Two one hour episodes for each event
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
01-18-2011 , 02:19 AM
thanks
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
03-07-2011 , 10:43 PM
Am I the only one that can't stand the 4 color pips on the players hands...... I find it just as impossible to read as in live.

It makes the whole show impossible to watch.
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote
03-08-2011 , 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstu
Am I the only one that can't stand the 4 color pips on the players hands...... I find it just as impossible to read as in live.

It makes the whole show impossible to watch.
Meh, I kind of like the four color deck. Even if you don't like it, it is the least of this show's problems. The main problem is that they show about ten hands total per show, instead showing stupid crap like an entire segment on the higher meaning of a fist pump. Not to mention the hosts orgasming on how nifty keen ClubWPT.whatever is for five minutes.
WORLD POKER TOUR - SEASON #9  Air dates Quote

      
m