Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Politics version 7.0 more politics.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2017, 10:47 PM   #12951
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

No surprise a memo about a 'leftist conspiracy' was floating around the WH. Such a regime.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 12:02 AM   #12952
fuluck414
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,266
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
And, I ain't even old. I'm 41 dickhead.
That's pretty old. When I'm 41 you'll be 56.
fuluck414 is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 12:13 AM   #12953
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

That doesn't make me old, you just have to keep it in perspective. 4 years ago you were graduating college. 8 years ago you were graduating high school. 10 years ago you were a child.

If my typical life expectancy is 80 or so, 41 isn't old by any means.

I think this is a good reason to understand why the dynamics here are so whack. Too many of you are just ****ing kids.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 12:43 AM   #12954
fuluck414
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,266
Re: President Trump

To many of you are middle aged dudes who seek nothing but contentment and have no concern about the plight of others.

Leave the last part to us "kids."
fuluck414 is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 12:51 AM   #12955
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Without a doubt that's incorrect. Again, 10 years ago you were a kid. 10 years ago I was 31. What could you possibly be telling me about life and human nature at your age? What experiences are you going to enlighten me about?

No. There is good reason why younger people aren't taken as seriously as they wished they were - because you don't know jack ****. I was 26. I remember what it was like to think I knew wtf I was talking about. Trust me when I tell you, when you're 40 you'll feel a lot different about it.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 01:33 AM   #12956
6ix
veteran
 
6ix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: What, drawn, and talk of peace?
Posts: 3,491
Re: President Trump

lol wil can't read
6ix is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 02:18 AM   #12957
fuluck414
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,266
Re: President Trump

Wooooosh
fuluck414 is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 02:28 AM   #12958
Iron Tamer
veteran
 
Iron Tamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Posts: 2,971
Re: President Trump

Iron Tamer is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 06:30 AM   #12959
jalfrezi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jalfrezi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long gone, long long gone
Posts: 9,839
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuluck414 View Post
To many of you are middle aged dudes who seek nothing but contentment and have no concern about the plight of others.

Leave the last part to us "kids."
There is a measurable rightwards shift that often accompanies age, but there are several of us here who are older than wilch and who don't see the world in the selfish terms of the simplistic fool.
jalfrezi is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 07:26 AM   #12960
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Yeah it's because you are most likely a low self esteem coward. Virtue signalers are huge pussies. Why do you think they are made up of women and beta males?

It's not a coincidence. There's a real reason for it.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 07:43 AM   #12961
jalfrezi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jalfrezi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long gone, long long gone
Posts: 9,839
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
Yeah it's because you are most likely a low self esteem coward. Virtue signalers are huge pussies. Why do you think they are made up of women and beta males?

It's not a coincidence. There's a real reason for it.
Projecting again, wilch.

Let's see who the li'l beta with low self-esteem is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJ View Post
when you say something like 'fall in line son, know your place', are you doing it to feel alpha, or do you think that someone like me feels put down when I read that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
Mostly alpha, to be honest.
jalfrezi is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 08:01 AM   #12962
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalfrezi View Post
Projecting again, wilch.

Let's see who the li'l beta with low self-esteem is:
Lol, why do you keep quoting what I said? Does that actually prove anything? I said it in somewhat jest. For you to take it so serious is pretty humorous.

And there's nothing controversial about saying leftists are the biggest pussies there are. Have you ever seen pictures of them in groups? It's a nightmare. I'm sure you'd fit right in.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 08:20 AM   #12963
jalfrezi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jalfrezi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long gone, long long gone
Posts: 9,839
Re: President Trump

Ah, the old "I was only joking" defence of the lying desperado.
jalfrezi is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 08:58 AM   #12964
57 On Red
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,719
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
And there's nothing controversial about saying leftists are the biggest pussies there are. Have you ever seen pictures of them in groups? It's a nightmare. I'm sure you'd fit right in.
There was a big all-alpha Unite the Right gathering in Charlottesville earlier, with Richard Spencer headlining, a torchlight parade and Hitler salutes. I'm slightly puzzled by the bit in the video where they seem to be chanting 'Let's do the Teapot!' (That's the 'I'm a little teapot, short and stout' dance, presumably.) Unless that was the counter-protestors.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-protest-group
57 On Red is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 09:08 AM   #12965
jalfrezi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jalfrezi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long gone, long long gone
Posts: 9,839
Re: President Trump

Angry mummy's boys of the type that wilch thinks are alpha:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ix View Post
jalfrezi is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 09:32 AM   #12966
Max Cut
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: President Trump

You can almost hear the boners pop after posting that pornzi in here.
 
Old 08-12-2017, 09:35 AM   #12967
Max Cut
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
Yeah it's because you are most likely a low self esteem coward. Virtue signalers are huge pussies. Why do you think they are made up of women and beta males?

It's not a coincidence. There's a real reason for it.
Obviously no guarantee that age will bring maturity or wisdom.
 
Old 08-12-2017, 10:20 AM   #12968
JiggyMac
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,809
Re: President Trump

JiggyMac is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 10:47 AM   #12969
mongidig
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,124
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalfrezi View Post
There is a measurable rightwards shift that often accompanies age, but there are several of us here who are older than wilch and who don't see the world in the selfish terms of the simplistic fool.
The rightward shift makes sense since as we age we accumulate knowledge and grow wiser. The biggest shift really is that the aging process makes people more self aware and better able to see things as they are. When you're younger, you are more concerned about what people think about you. If you have fallen into the liberal crowd, you will do everything you can to maintain your liberal image. As you get older, you know longer care as much about what people think about you. You become more honest with yourself and the world. Dreams of a perfect kumbaya existence begin to fade.

To say that conservatives are selfish and don't care is simply wrong. Over 90% of the worlds food banks and shelters are funded by churches. I doubt many of you or any of you attend church.
mongidig is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #12970
microbet
Solar Powered
 
microbet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 54,424
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongidig View Post
To say that conservatives are selfish and don't care is simply wrong. Over 90% of the worlds food banks and shelters are funded by churches. I doubt many of you or any of you attend church.
virtue signaling
microbet is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #12971
jalfrezi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jalfrezi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long gone, long long gone
Posts: 9,839
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongidig View Post
The rightward shift makes sense since as we age we accumulate knowledge and grow wiser. The biggest shift really is that the aging process makes people more self aware and better able to see things as they are. When you're younger, you are more concerned about what people think about you. If you have fallen into the liberal crowd, you will do everything you can to maintain your liberal image. As you get older, you know longer care as much about what people think about you. You become more honest with yourself and the world. Dreams of a perfect kumbaya existence begin to fade.

To say that conservatives are selfish and don't care is simply wrong. Over 90% of the worlds food banks and shelters are funded by churches. I doubt many of you or any of you attend church.
That's not the reason. Some of the wisest and most intelligent middle-aged and old people have been of the left.

The people who change from voting left when young to voting right when older are selfish throughout their lives, and vote for whatever benefits them most at the time. When they're young and are net beneficiaries they vote for higher taxes and better deals for students and the low paid; when they're older and are net contributors they want to pay less tax. Selfish and unprincipled ****s.
jalfrezi is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 11:20 AM   #12972
mongidig
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,124
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalfrezi View Post
That's not the reason. Some of the wisest and most intelligent middle-aged and old people have been of the left.

The people who change from voting left when young to voting right when older are selfish throughout their lives, and vote for whatever benefits them most at the time. When they're young and are net beneficiaries they vote for higher taxes and better deals for students and the low paid; when they're older and are net contributors they want to pay less tax. Selfish and unprincipled ****s.
There are older, wiser people who continue to have liberal views. The difference is that they become less disrespectful and unhinged.

You're crazy if you think only conservatives become more selfish and unprincipled.

Just because a Conservative doesn't support your cause doesn't make them selfish.
mongidig is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 11:21 AM   #12973
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

From Be A King..
Quote:
A little about #racism: Racism is in tandem with irrational privilege that becomes unhinged when other groups seek the same rights and privileges the racist enjoys. And when people fiercely and violently imagine that their race is superior, they also imagine that races they deem inferior don't even deserve rights. Fear of some losing what all should have: This fear, one of the fuels of racism, makes humans irrationally chant, "You will not replace us."
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 11:22 AM   #12974
samsonh
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belmont Alum
Posts: 3,524
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalfrezi View Post
Angry mummy's boys of the type that wilch thinks are alpha:
IM sure these guys would welcome will with open arms.
samsonh is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 11:25 AM   #12975
mongidig
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,124
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbet View Post
virtue signaling
Not at all. I don't go to church. I'm pretty sure more Conservatives go to church than liberals. I'm not saying this is right or wrong. I was just countering the "selfish" accusations.
mongidig is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive