Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 09:34 PM   #1726
Jersey jet
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 16
Good job cet all high hands back to 500 dollars no qualifier free roll back rake back back
Jersey jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:25 AM   #1727
NYCNative
veteran
 
NYCNative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Upper Darby, PA
Posts: 3,359
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

A Harrah's dealer dropped by the room I work at and mentioned that Harrah's had some kind of a play for three hours and get a Sunday-to-Thursday comped room. I used to get Harrah's offers all the time, even in the summer, but they dried up a couple years ago. Can I get an official conformation on this? I know Harrah's is dead but I can see playing there and maybe dropping by some other places while I am in town (including other Caesar's properties).
NYCNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:48 AM   #1728
Liveswithkittens
A Classic's better half
 
Liveswithkittens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 546
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCNative View Post
A Harrah's dealer dropped by the room I work at and mentioned that Harrah's had some kind of a play for three hours and get a Sunday-to-Thursday comped room. I used to get Harrah's offers all the time, even in the summer, but they dried up a couple years ago. Can I get an official conformation on this? I know Harrah's is dead but I can see playing there and maybe dropping by some other places while I am in town (including other Caesar's properties).
The current promotion is play 4 hours cash game, get a comp room Sunday-Thursday based on availability. See the floor for booking once you've played. Offer is available at Bally's, Showboat, and Harrah's.
Liveswithkittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #1729
beef714
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 374
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

I will be staying at Harrah's in a couple of weeks on Wed-Thu, with a few friends on the way to a baseball weekend in NYC. How many runners do they usually get for the Wed. 8:15 $2500?
beef714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:54 PM   #1730
boomBAMboom
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 583
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liveswithkittens View Post
The current promotion is play 4 hours cash game, get a comp room Sunday-Thursday based on availability. See the floor for booking once you've played. Offer is available at Bally's, Showboat, and Harrah's.
Anyone tried booking a room same day after playing 4 hours? Wondering if I could do this on Tuesday morning and get a Tuesday night room
boomBAMboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:43 PM   #1731
Liveswithkittens
A Classic's better half
 
Liveswithkittens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 546
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomBAMboom View Post
Anyone tried booking a room same day after playing 4 hours? Wondering if I could do this on Tuesday morning and get a Tuesday night room
A Tuesday night shouldn't be an issue. I have already successfully booked rooms on same day as play. There seems to be availability issues now on Sundays and Thursdays though.
Liveswithkittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:54 PM   #1732
HomeStar
veteran
 
HomeStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: White House Sub Shop
Posts: 2,155
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Anyone here have experience playing at CET properties located in AC and getting room offers in Vegas? I am going to Vegas in June and would like to get a free room while I'm there. Wondering what kind of volume I would need to put in to start seeing the offers in TotalRewards.

Thanks for any help or insight you can give!
HomeStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #1733
NickMPK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,115
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeStar View Post
Anyone here have experience playing at CET properties located in AC and getting room offers in Vegas? I am going to Vegas in June and would like to get a free room while I'm there. Wondering what kind of volume I would need to put in to start seeing the offers in TotalRewards.

Thanks for any help or insight you can give!
Yes, in my experience it is fairly easy to get free room offers at all of the mid-tier CET properties in Vegas if you put in decent hours in AC. I've gotten free rooms at Caesars Palace on occassion too, but this was several years ago when CET in AC was over-comping poker generally.
NickMPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:24 PM   #1734
beef714
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 374
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef714 View Post
I will be staying at Harrah's in a couple of weeks on Wed-Thu (4/23-25), with a few friends on the way to a baseball weekend in NYC. How many runners do they usually get for the Wed. 8:15 $2500?
Anybody??
beef714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:30 PM   #1735
pokertrench
adept
 
pokertrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef714 View Post
Anybody??
Don't bother. Better tournament at Borgata ballys and GN
pokertrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:56 PM   #1736
jw3913
centurion
 
jw3913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 116
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

60ish
jw3913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:10 PM   #1737
beef714
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 374
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw3913 View Post
60ish
Thanks. I will not be in town early enough to play the 6pm at Borgata, so I figured this was something at least.
beef714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:08 PM   #1738
testcase
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 724
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMPK View Post
Yes, in my experience it is fairly easy to get free room offers at all of the mid-tier CET properties in Vegas if you put in decent hours in AC. I've gotten free rooms at Caesars Palace on occassion too, but this was several years ago when CET in AC was over-comping poker generally.
Same here, I stopped going to AC as I got to Borgata, but since I used to be a diamond player, I already booked Sunday-Thursday at the Rio in June all comped. Free rooms are very easy in Vegas, for some reason same cannot be said about AC.
testcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:29 AM   #1739
tumadre
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: nyc
Posts: 16
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

I'm looking to move out to Ac for the summer and longer to grind some poker fulltime. i used to be a regular 1/2 player at harrahs a few years back. I always liked the reg and the staff there always ran a really fun room that wasn't at all stuffy. My question is is it worth playing in the cat properties now with the rake back and bbj at a $2.00 now? Also how has the traffic been on all the new jersey poker sites? I also wanted to multi table two days a week and play live like 3 or 4 days a week
tumadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #1740
testcase
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 724
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumadre View Post
I'm looking to move out to Ac for the summer and longer to grind some poker fulltime. i used to be a regular 1/2 player at harrahs a few years back. I always liked the reg and the staff there always ran a really fun room that wasn't at all stuffy. My question is is it worth playing in the cat properties now with the rake back and bbj at a $2.00 now? Also how has the traffic been on all the new jersey poker sites? I also wanted to multi table two days a week and play live like 3 or 4 days a week
Online stinks and Harrahs is dying, as is Borgata, the WSOP at Wild West is doing alright, but place is still a dump.
testcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:21 PM   #1741
Sandlapper
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 49
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liveswithkittens View Post
The current promotion is play 4 hours cash game, get a comp room Sunday-Thursday based on availability. See the floor for booking once you've played. Offer is available at Bally's, Showboat, and Harrah's.
Is this still the current deal? Looking to head down next week.
Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:34 PM   #1742
cardboy008
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 29
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandlapper View Post
Is this still the current deal? Looking to head down next week.
Any info on this? Was looking to go in August.
cardboy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:57 AM   #1743
Liveswithkittens
A Classic's better half
 
Liveswithkittens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 546
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canulose2 View Post
has anyone ever plays 4 hour in a day and gets a room the next day?
The SAME day....yes. That is the promotion, although, right now it is getting tougher. They have LIMITED rooms available due to casino capacity. Once all the comp rooms are allocated, they simply are out.
Liveswithkittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:06 PM   #1744
JonnyDanger
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 15
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

I have a rad question in regards to the 5 hour play for buffet... does the buffet have to be used at the property you play at? I prefer to play at WWW but c'mon, everybody knows the waterfront buffet at harrahs is the best.
JonnyDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:40 PM   #1745
johnnyg523
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 280
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

The caesars buffet now is comparable, at least.
johnnyg523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:55 PM   #1746
DeuceKicker1
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 182
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg523 View Post
The caesars buffet now is comparable, at least.
Is that because Caesar's improved a lot or Harrah's declined. Many players told me Harrah's had the best buffet in AC.
DeuceKicker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:37 AM   #1747
Federal Agents
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 59
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Just had Caesar's buffet last Sunday, and my many trips to Harrah's buffet last summer were much better. More food selection, seemed fresher.

Caesar's buffet dinner is definitely not worth $36.99 if you're going to pay out of pocket.
Federal Agents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:54 PM   #1748
shaniqua_shanaynay
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 57
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federal Agents View Post
Just had Caesar's buffet last Sunday, and my many trips to Harrah's buffet last summer were much better. More food selection, seemed fresher.

Caesar's buffet dinner is definitely not worth $36.99 if you're going to pay out of pocket.
It's been a while since I've been in Atlantic City. But I do agree that $36.99 is definitely not worth the price. Hooray for having enough points to be comped for the buffet
shaniqua_shanaynay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #1749
johnnyg523
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 280
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceKicker1 View Post
Is that because Caesar's improved a lot or Harrah's declined. Many players told me Harrah's had the best buffet in AC.
Harrah's is the best still but Caesars has improved quite a bit. While Harrah's is still better than Caesars, they are comparable. When I went to Caesars buffet they had crab legs, hot and cold, steaks, a great carving station, etc.

I don't think any of them are worth the price if you paid in cash but I assume we are all talking about free buffet vouchers and comps.

Caesars buffet is comparable though. I do stand by that
johnnyg523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #1750
johnnyg523
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 280
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federal Agents View Post
Just had Caesar's buffet last Sunday, and my many trips to Harrah's buffet last summer were much better. More food selection, seemed fresher.

Caesar's buffet dinner is definitely not worth $36.99 if you're going to pay out of pocket.
None of the buffets are worth the cash price. If it came down to being in caesars already and having to drive to harrah's for that buffet, I'd opt for caesars. I think there is more food selection there and on the right day, the quality is about the same.
johnnyg523 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive