you are right, you can only import one HH at a time at the moment. There might be an option to import multiple hand histories via a selection window like in Combonator. But this is not prioritized right now, so I can't tell you when it is to expect.
Thank you for your interest and best regards,
the check options are missing at the moment, so your thoughts are about right. However, "Bet/Call" means that Player1 (or Player2 if selected) bets and calls to a raise. So, if you want to check out Player2's EV of a check/call, you could either choose Player1 with Bet/Fold, Bet/Call or Bet/Ship, it does not matter.
Then, you can specify a range which Player1 bets and a range which Player2 calls. That way, PokerRanger will tell you which Player2's EV is. That is the EV of the call (equaling the EV of check/call).
If you want to check the EV of a 3-bet, it depends how Player1 will react to a 4-bet. "3-Bet/Call" means, that he will just call to a 4-bet. "3-Bet/Fold" means, he will fold to a 4-Bet. So, in any case, when villain just does not have a 4-Bet range, it does not matter which 3-Bet line you choose. It is always "Player1's action/Player1's reaction to Player2's action", so to say.
Hopefully, that helps you. There are check-lines planned, so this part is covered. Maybe, you would also like to watch the short, introducing video on the homepage which shows an easy scenario for the EV/FE tab in a nutshell.
If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask them!
Thank you very much for your interest and best regards!
That's right. You get those functions exactly. However, you also get all the future updates for free. In the future, the price will probably increase.
I hope you like the software. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please feel free to inform us!
You can select the currently active group via the drop down arrow for the ranges of player1 and player2. Then, equity calculations and results for the different tabs will automatically use the group instead of the entire range. For example, if you select Group1 of Player1 and Group2 of Player2, the equity of Player1's Group1 vs. Player2's Group2 will be calculated and each tab also uses those group ranges.
Or did you mean anything else?
Thank you for your interest and best regards,
I got it.
The group is defined in the player range drop down menu if I understand correctly.
what i was thinking is for any of the categorized hands (in addition to the ability to defined within the range drop down memu), say 2nd pair as a group, to see how the equity is like and, further, how it may evolve. Hope this is a bit clearer.
I am not sure if you are aware of the possibility to right-click on hand strengths in the first two tabs like for example shown in the short video. It is not easy to find, if you don't about, which is why I'm pointing that out.
For example, given a specific range, you can right-click on "Two Pair" and use all the hands which are in this category as a new group for Player1 or Player2. That way, you could - as I think - achieve which you desire. You can also tick different hand strengths with the check boxes before the hand strengths and right-click on the custom sum to copy its contents.
Does this help you or is there anything else which you would like to achieve, which cannot be accomplished by this method?
Why it is not possible to type "17%" in player 1 or 2 range window that program automatically set 17% range???
Also it would be great if you could add possibility of additional players (player 3 - player 10). 3 and 4-way pots also exists
It would be useful too if customer could quickly select how often opponent will make some action in particular situation. For instance, opponent has 4 backdoor straightdraw but he will bets only in 25% of chances, with flushdraw he bets in 75% and so on. In addition, this feature could be used in selection preflop range. For example, 22-44 we 3-bet in position 20% of chances but in 80% call or fold. How to select such 3 bet range with small pockets?
Hi! Your program is most powerful poker tool I've ever use. The difference between other program is that yours is very easy to use like Equilab and very powerful like CREV. Great job!!!
There are a few things that I want you to add:
1. I copy the range so how can I add it in a quick box?
I can't do this
2.Can you make more visible a pop-up in the Board Hits tab?
Something like this one
3.Can you add a toggle between bb and money in the FE Calculations? The problem that sometimes I copy a hand from Holdem Manager and open the hand in the re-player to know what statistic my opponent has, so in in the re-player the hand is described in $ not in money.
we have to apologize for the really late answers. It appears that the e-mail notification has not worked anymore and I had a lot to do, so that I did not check for myself.
Is this a balancing tool, which automatically generates a calling/folding range for a specific folding/calling range for preflop situations? I have to admit I have not read this book, maybe you can describe a little bit more.
Very good suggestions! Let me comment them one by one:
> Percentage Numbers in Hand Text Fields:
Valid point, this will come along with other functions which can be set into the text fields. As this area is big and not as high prioritized as other points, it is not clear, when it comes out, though.
> 2+ players
I have to say that this will probably not be put into the software very soon. All functions are optimized for actions for two players, which is a reason for the high performance of most of the tabs. For more players, other slower functions would have to be used. It is possible to do this but most users are very glad about HU-functions, so that it is not prioritized very high.
> Weighting Ranges / Setting Percentage of Times a Player does an action
It is planned in the future that ranges consist of subranges, which have specific weights. This is used for exactly what you propose. Again, it makes the software less clear-structured, takes performance and a lot of refactoring in the backend. So, again, it is not an item with a very high priority. Still, some measures have been taken to implement it, so it's definitely not off the table.
Most players, however, just do not select all suits for a specific range and manage it like that. It's not as comfortable, of course.
> Capped Ranges
This is also on the to do list and a very valid point, thank you.
We are very glad that you are that impressed with our software. We are working hard on making it even better!
1. You did the right steps (and there is a text box for the hand selection dialog planned, so that you can just insert your clipboard here). Now, after having created the group, you can leave the hand selection dialog, select "Group 1" with the dropdown in the main window and insert your text there. That way, only Group 1 will be changed, which accomplishes what you wish.
2. This is on the to-do list, as well.
3. Also a very good idea. It is not always possible to toggle because some hand history formats are only in BB. But in the case that they are not, the toggle is possible and a good idea.
You might wonder what features are prioritized high. Mainly, we will soon offer selectors for the hand selection dialog. That being said, you will be able to say "Select Hands better than Pair with 2nd TopPair or worse while these 2nd kicker hands should have a 2nd top kicker or better, oh and please only these ones with flush draws". It will also be possible to select by equity or select percentiles (i.e., capped ranges, as voy@ger pointed out ). This will probably be the next update. After that, a lot of smaller changes will occur (probably including some of your suggestions) and better outputs for all tabs will be created (text-form for forums, mainly). Also, the hand selection dialog might be put into a tab instead of a popup. This might be an experimental change.
Sorry again for this really very late answer, this month is even busier than the last one, although I thought otherwise.
I have written down the suggestions, which have not already be on the list, (or have given them a little "push" in the priority area).
We are very glad that you have so much interest! If you have further suggestions, please feel free to post them. I hope, you understand that we cannot implement everything simultaneously but we are really trying to implement as fast as possible.
like in Combonator or CardrunnersEV, there now are selectors for PokerRanger.
In the hand selection dialog, you can use them to select all hands, for example like Pair+ with Pair=2ndPair or better and with a 3rd kicker or worse. These functions can be combined with flush and straight draw selection. The result of this selection can be added or subtracting to/from the current range or completely overwrite it.
This feature is completely compatible with groups, with the EV/FE and the training tab.
Other changes as well as details can be found in the change log. Some pictures will be presented at facebook.
Please do not hesitate to post your feedback and your questions, if you would like to comment on something.
Thank you very much!
Skimmed through this thread so my bad if this question has already been answered....
I noticed that some of the posters in this thread mention that pokerranger is essentially 'the best of' flopzilla, crev, combator, equilab. I'm looking to purchase crev and flopzilla however if pokerranger has all the functionality of those 2 software then I'm definitely going with PR - is this the case?