Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Fantasy Sports Discussion of Fantasy Football, Fantasy Baseball, Fantasy Basketball and Fantasy Hockey.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2016, 02:52 PM   #1876
BillyPhelan
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 630
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigo1_ View Post
Latest (probably only) poll showed that 66%of New Yorkers agreed with him unfortunately. Doubt he is politically stupid. But hard to not hate him indeed
66% think it's illegal gambling.Same poll also showed NYAG's approval ratings haven't budged at 29% and 49% don't know or care who he is.FWIW poll was 882 reg. voters.Polls are all about how the questions are asked,I would rather they asked do you think it should be legal/illegal? Then the headline might be different.

Last edited by BillyPhelan; 01-01-2016 at 02:57 PM.
BillyPhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:52 PM   #1877
wesrwood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wesrwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 22,575
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
So? The actual bonus release rate is irrelevant.

For 200 dollars? That means Most people with ever release it. I don't care cause I actually profit from the sites but you have to look at it from the general publics perspective
wesrwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:53 PM   #1878
Lattimer
I is smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 15,247
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

The initial deposit bonus never expires (on Fanduel anyway)
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:53 PM   #1879
wesrwood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wesrwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 22,575
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
The initial deposit bonus never expires (on Fanduel anyway)

Lol @ you siding with them for making someone spend 5000 to get 200
wesrwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:55 PM   #1880
IgorSmiles
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 928
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

I hope I get money back from Draft Kings as I will promptly donate it to Schneiderman's opponent in the next election.
IgorSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:55 PM   #1881
TimTimSalabim
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimTimSalabim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Winning
Posts: 14,061
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
The initial deposit bonus never expires (on Fanduel anyway)
That may be true, I only played on DK where mine expired rather quickly once it was transferred over from DS.
TimTimSalabim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:55 PM   #1882
Lattimer
I is smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 15,247
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrwood View Post
For 200 dollars? That means Most people with ever release it. I don't care cause I actually profit from the sites but you have to look at it from the general publics perspective
General public's perspective: Hey look, they offer a bonus! Instead of researching how it works, I'll just assume it works like this. <deposit> Oh hey, I was wrong about how it works. Who can I point the finger at? Certainly not me!
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:56 PM   #1883
wesrwood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wesrwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 22,575
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorSmiles View Post
I hope I get money back from Draft Kings as I will promptly donate it to Schneiderman's opponent in the next election.

If you get money then draftkings and fanduel will be out of business and prolly declare bankruptcy . Wonder what happens to everyone's money on the site at that point
wesrwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:57 PM   #1884
IgorSmiles
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 928
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyPhelan View Post

Does this guy realize he's an ELECTED official.If 600k-1.2m NY DFS players don't make this prick pay in '18 we deserve everything we get.
He realizes it. And you can bet his aspirations don't stop at Attorney General.
IgorSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:58 PM   #1885
Lattimer
I is smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 15,247
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrwood View Post
Lol @ you siding with them for making someone spend 5000 to get 200
Lol @ you for not allowing a private company to set whatever rebate policy they choose.
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:58 PM   #1886
Lattimer
I is smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 15,247
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

I'm not happy about the 4% release rate, but they have every right to set it to that.
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:00 PM   #1887
IgorSmiles
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 928
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrwood View Post
If you get money then draftkings and fanduel will be out of business and prolly declare bankruptcy . Wonder what happens to everyone's money on the site at that point
I couldn't say but unlike the poker sites, these guys are US based and operating in plain sight, so the players are less likely to get screwed.
IgorSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:03 PM   #1888
TimTimSalabim
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimTimSalabim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Winning
Posts: 14,061
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
General public's perspective: Hey look, they offer a bonus! Instead of researching how it works, I'll just assume it works like this. <deposit> Oh hey, I was wrong about how it works. Who can I point the finger at? Certainly not me!
The general public though is the customer that you want to keep coming back, like the recreational player at the poker table. If your policy is to trick them with fine print, knowing that most of them will realistically have no shot at cashing but a small fraction of their bonuses, then your business doesn't have much chance of succeeding in the long term.
TimTimSalabim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:06 PM   #1889
Lattimer
I is smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 15,247
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTimSalabim View Post
The general public though is the customer that you want to keep coming back, like the recreational player at the poker table. If your policy is to trick them with fine print, knowing that most of them will realistically have no shot at cashing but a small fraction of their bonuses, then your business doesn't have much chance of succeeding in the long term.
I agree, but that's the sites' choice to make. There's nothing wrong with it in a legal sense, it's just a poor business decision.
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:07 PM   #1890
wesrwood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wesrwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 22,575
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
Lol @ you for not allowing a private company to set whatever rebate policy they choose.

It's about them trying to deceive people. There's no need for that .
wesrwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:17 PM   #1891
cs3
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cs3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: the shallow end
Posts: 13,384
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
Eh, I never felt they were misleading people with that. That's how all online bonuses work - poker, sports books, etc. It's the person's own fault if they made that false assumption, there's fine print to everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
The very first time I made an online deposit I probably expected the bonus to be available right then and there (I honestly don't remember it was over a decade ago). When I realized it wasn't, I learned how it worked, and said "oh, ok". I didn't make a ****ing federal case out of it JFC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
Car dealerships often advertise these great lease offers, get this car for just $199/month or whatever. It's only in the fine print that it's discovered they have to put like $3k down to get that offer. Where's the lawsuit?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
So? The actual bonus release rate is irrelevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
General public's perspective: Hey look, they offer a bonus! Instead of researching how it works, I'll just assume it works like this. <deposit> Oh hey, I was wrong about how it works. Who can I point the finger at? Certainly not me!
Way to completely miss the point.
You do realize that the point of the bonus is to lure in new customers right?
Think about it for maybe a fraction of a second
cs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:20 PM   #1892
BillyPhelan
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 630
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

Simple solution if the bonus release is a problem.Make deposit,read the rules,if you don't like them withdraw deposit.Or better yet, read the rules first and decide.It's easy when you think like an adult and not like a whining p***y who needs govt. mommies protection.
BillyPhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:27 PM   #1893
SA16
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SA16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: You may have heard of me.
Posts: 6,972
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

If someone is dumb enough to deposit $600 and think the site will instantly give them $1200 they deserve to lose all their money anyway. As Billy says the rules all say the release rate of the bonuses. If you want to know how things work generally reading the rules/instruction manuals/ToS is a good idea. If not don't complain when things aren't what you falsely assumed them to be.
SA16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:39 PM   #1894
wesrwood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wesrwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 22,575
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

You guys are clearly missing the point
wesrwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:42 PM   #1895
Lattimer
I is smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 15,247
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs3 View Post
Way to completely miss the point.
You do realize that the point of the bonus is to lure in new customers right?
Think about it for maybe a fraction of a second
I think you're missing the point. We're arguing about legalities here. While what they're doing isn't good for players and a poor business decision fostering bad PR, it's not illegal nor should it be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyPhelan View Post
Simple solution if the bonus release is a problem.Make deposit,read the rules,if you don't like them withdraw deposit.Or better yet, read the rules first and decide.It's easy when you think like an adult and not like a whining p***y who needs govt. mommies protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
If someone is dumb enough to deposit $600 and think the site will instantly give them $1200 they deserve to lose all their money anyway. As Billy says the rules all say the release rate of the bonuses. If you want to know how things work generally reading the rules/instruction manuals/ToS is a good idea. If not don't complain when things aren't what you falsely assumed them to be.
Exactly.
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:57 PM   #1896
Lawnmower Man
Pooh-Bah
 
Lawnmower Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,774
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
I think you're missing the point. We're arguing about legalities here. While what they're doing isn't good for players and a poor business decision fostering bad PR, it's not illegal nor should it be.
How do you know this? Did you apply all of the standards from the Lanham Act and determine this is some kind of legal certainty?
Lawnmower Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:00 PM   #1897
IgorSmiles
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 928
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

This debate might be relevant if the NY AG actually cared about protecting consumers.
IgorSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:03 PM   #1898
CanadaPete
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 525
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

im down quite a bit lifetime and I still enjoy the product. Put in a lineup a nite try to hit a big score. Don't expect to win. I'm sure this is how a majority of losing players feel.
CanadaPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:54 PM   #1899
DuckSauce
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DuckSauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: scottsdale
Posts: 9,267
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaPete View Post
im down quite a bit lifetime and I still enjoy the product. Put in a lineup a nite try to hit a big score. Don't expect to win. I'm sure this is how a majority of losing players feel.
No majority of losing players think they should actually be winners and if they aren't winning it's because they are being cheated/bad luck/etc.
DuckSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:45 PM   #1900
wazzu24
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wazzu24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,391
Re: DFS Industry Discussion Thread

Most losing players don't consider whether they are a winning player or not. They don't play enough to even know one way or the other.
wazzu24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive