View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 10:47 AM   #106
Mightyboosh
mmm mmm good

Re: Something from nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
Hi, MB.

Maybe I'm not paying attention, but I don't recall Aaron ever claiming that his belief in God is "illogical."

"Non-logical" (is that a word?), or "alogical" might be more to the point?

Do you know the distinction between a claim being "irrational", as opposed to "non-rational?"
Quote:
Aaron #54 - This may be a shock to you: Most people don't believe things in their lives on the basis of formal arguments. I'm one of those most people.

I don't believe you can derive "God" in any formal logical sense.
Since even Aaron isn't disagreeing that he's admitted to holding illogical beliefs wrt God, I don't see much point in you trying to interpret what he said in order to rescue him from this revelation., But feel free... (I am curious how you feel about him being so willing to abandon Creationism?)

What Aaron doesn't seem to grasp in his manic attempts to disprove practically anything I say, is that I actually couldn't care less if his beliefs are illogical, he's welcome to believe things for whatever reason suits him, and I'm genuinely curious about how he justifies them instead. But... he's spent years attacking my beliefs as illogical and ITT admitted that he doesn't think that 'all' beliefs are supported logically and in fact none of his are, or at the very least, that it's not important to him whether they are or not. And now he's trying to use logic to persuade me to believe that... Ummmm.....

Last edited by Mightyboosh; 09-17-2020 at 11:07 AM.
Mightyboosh is offline   Reply With Quote