Thread: 700 BB 3/6 hand
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 12:58 PM   #37
smoothcriminal99
adept

Re: 700 BB 3/6 hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by monikrazy View Post
The discussion of solvers started when one poster said that GTO would never fold second set, and not everyone agreed.

Mostly iv studied simulations of only 2 or 3 players seeing a flop. But i feel comfortable drawing inferences for certain other situations.

Like i said previously, a solver will use sidecards, the additional equity and inferences they provide to differentiate in many cases. So theoretically a solver might bet/fold tta6 with the bare ace of hearts and without backdoor flush draw because what hands are left for gto solver to xr with, and the equity against them is not enough. This may also assume artifical constraints deviating from how solver would have prefered playing earlier parts of the hand.

But i am really not knowledgeable enough on solvers to want to go much deeper, and might not respond more in this thread, as we have gotten a little off-topic.
I had only studied heads-up scenarios that's why it surprised me when you said you had studied 3 handed scenarios in the past. I never used Monkersolver though and I know it is possible to do it on that software so that is why I was asking about it.

My understanding of game theory is that multiway pots dont converge to one single equilibrium unless you know 1 of the other players ranges therefore most simulators would oscillate between different equilibrium and create inaccurate calculations. I imagine the software has gotten better in the 1-2 years since I was actively involved in it though and like I said I didn't really look into Monkersolver that much so maybe it is better designed for these issues.

I never really actively pursued solvers in multiway pots since it wasn't possible to be completely non exploitative solvers seemed limited. There is value in having a sound baseline strategy though I guess.

as for your example I do agree with you solvers would value certain ttxx over something like ahtt6 but to be fair given your preflop action I doubt there's very many tt with the ace of hearts and not suited to the ace you would be playing that doesn't block the q or have a straight draw and if it doesn't have ah it probably doesn't matter enough to make it a fold. Probably like TT88 exactly would be a fold in your set of tens range. The ah difference also probably isn't enough to make it worse then something like 8897 IMO but I could be wrong

Last edited by smoothcriminal99; 08-14-2020 at 01:13 PM.
smoothcriminal99 is offline   Reply With Quote