View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 05:34 PM   #35
smoothcriminal99
adept

Re: 700 BB 3/6 hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by monikrazy View Post
Huh

This is a conplicated spot with the shorter stack, i agree.

I was trying to explain solver should be capable of bet/folding many hands in this spot whether this is HU or 3way. My informed opinion is that it can fold at least a small portion of ttxx combos. Just like it can probably fold bottom set at an even higher frequency.

I was not saying solver will not continue with other hands besides top set and premium draws or some kind of 5% range. I have seen plenty of spots where solver bet/folds more than 30% of its betting range.

Of course, this gets abstract very quickly because solver will often choose different sizing or even checkback the flop with various ttxx combos instead of betting large like OP.

I'm still newer to monker world, but this is my conclusion based on my study so far.
Why do you keep referencing solvers? Can you provide one example of a solver providing a solution for a 3 way situation like this? My understanding of gto is limited but I remember distinctly the limitations of solvers where in multi-way situations a perfect solver strategy could be losing vs 2 other players non perfect strategies. There was even one example that showed how collusion could cause a situation where you know both of the other peoples strategies but there was no possible strategy that was winning for you.

I think you are also misconstruing the concepts solvers teach. If you don’t understand why a hand could be played different ways a percentage of the time in a solver you probably shouldn’t use that knowledge in your decision making. (Solvers would check back tt sometimes to strengthen checking range on certain board coverage not because it’s a bet/fold) (Solvers also have clearer break points when ranges get narrow and future trees are limited so I don’t think it’s likely like 80% of tt calls and 20% folds and 88 50% calls and 50% folds type thing happening here. It would be 100% of made hands until the break point then at the break point only the top 25% or so they have draws with them then the next decision point is like 10% of hands that are just strong draws no pair)

Last edited by smoothcriminal99; 08-13-2020 at 05:52 PM.
smoothcriminal99 is offline   Reply With Quote