Thread: Whisky
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 07:31 AM   #4785
wil318466
banned

Re: Whisky

I've had Johnny Walker Red, Black, Double Black, Gold, and Blue.

Red is OK. Black is my favorite every-day Whisky to drink. Double Black is a little too smokey for me. Gold.. I honestly don't remember.

Johnny Walker Blue, however, is something that is in a class of it's own. It is the absolute best thing I've ever tasted in my entire life in terms of alcohol.

Nothing can compare, as far as I'm concerned. I've had a glass of 1k/bottle wine, Louis XIII, Crystal Rose... but nothing comes anywhere close to the pure joy I experienced when Johnny Walker Blue hit my tongue. Spicy/smokey/sweet/smooth (at all the right intensity), with a long finish, every sip is pure joy. Smell it deeply, let it hit your tongue, slightly roll it in your mouth, swallow while opening up your nostrils and breath deeply through both your nose and mouth. Absolutely amazing.

People will swear up and down about single malts, blah blah blah. Johnny Walker blue is the best Scotch I've ever tasted, single or blend, period. The only way I could compare it to is your best food memory. Remember the first time you ever had something that was truly amazing from, say, a Michelin-starred restaurant, and when you tasted it you laughed? Something that was sweet/sour/savory/spicy/crispy/soft all at once? That's what drinking Johnny Walker Blue is like.

They don't call it "nectar of the gods" for nothing.

Last edited by wil318466; 09-17-2017 at 07:45 AM.
wil318466 is offline   Reply With Quote