View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 09:02 AM   #6769
master3004
Revisionist Historian

Re: Post ITT if you like girls that wear abercrombie and fitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChachiArcola View Post
Back in my gambling days, I used to really enjoy betting baseball. It wasn't until the offshore books that you had to call on the phone and fund the account via Western Union did I learn of season win totals. For about 10 years or so I used to bet 4-6 win totals and I did fairly well. Of course I haven't done this in a long time, but I decided to look this year and saw a few that caught my eye.

Astros U 89.5 -130
Mariners O 85.5 +100
Cubs O 95.5 -115
Twins U 74.5 +100

I just think that asking the Astros to improve 6 wins from last year may be a bit much. I also think that the Mariners win the AL West this year, that's why I love that bet.

One of the other things I loved to do was pick one team and bet them every game. But instead of betting them straight up on the money line, I loved to lay runs, usually 1 1/2 and then get better odds. It is a great way to make good money betting the heavy chalk. That is if they don't win all of their games by one run. Anyway that's all I got for now
Any thoughts on how Giants setup man Will Smith being done for the year might impact their win total?
master3004 is offline   Reply With Quote