Re: Flower, Cinnamon Stick, & Sabo

♬ If everybody had an ocean ♩
Across the U.S.A. ♫
Then everybody'd be surfin' ♫♪
Like Sabo. Yay !!!1!

♫ Tell the teacher we're surfin'
Surfin' U.S.A. ♬
Haggerty's and Swami's...

FYI: Haggerty's is in Torrence, up in LA County.

Sabo's Surfari II, Part 2: Encinitas, Solana Beach, Del Mar

*** Encinitas ***

Swami's, named after the adjacent Self Realization Fellowship center (pix above), is in Encinitas. Both the beach and the center aren't dog friendly. However, Cardiff State Beach, in the City of Encinitas, south of Swami's, is leashed-dog friendly. We had planned on surfin' it a week ago Friday, to kick off this Sabo Big Weekend™.

We never made it. This is the bad part.

Sabo has been so very good this 2015: The Year of Sabo. I've been putting off doing another State of Sabo Report (Top-10 list) for lack of content. However, I got lax a week ago Friday, and Sabo had an incident. Now, I'll be doing a Sabo Report ASAP.

For now, suffice to say that Sabo managed to get his head inside a Pit Bull's mouth. For his efforts, he was rewarded with two superficial wounds. One on top of his head, just over his left ear. The other on the bottom of his snout, his 'chin' so to speak, just under his left lip.

One thing that Cinnamon's Master S taught me was that dogs will hide their pain. These two wounds were quite superficial, and have pretty much healed by now. At first, they weren't even noticeable, and I didn't think he was injured at all. However, he was... and I could tell because he occasionally would breathe a little differently. However, after I discovered the one on the top of his head, I figured it all out. If I scratched his neck, he'd also take those different breaths, and I expected there to be a matching wound... so I dug through all that scruff he has under his 'chin'... and yep, there it was.

♫ We'll all be gone for the summer
We're on surfari to stay
Everybody's gone surfin' ♬
Surfin' U.S.A....

*** Solana Beach ***

The next beach town south is Solana Beach. No dogs on the beach here, so our only objective was to have a beer (inside, pix above) at the Saddle Bar (Dave Bar #8). Sabo's been here before. We had planned this for Tuesday, to symbolically end this Sabo Big Weekend™. We did achieve this objective, but we moved it up to Monday as part of our Old US-101 cruise. The reason being...

♫ You'd won't catch 'em surfin' at Del Mar,
While the Turf is meeting the Surf,
We're putting down our surfboards ♬
We can wait for September...

*** Del Mar ***

The leash-free Horse Beach reopens to dogs the day after Labor Day, this year on Sept 8th. No sane person does near Del Mar on race days (Wed-Sun, this summer through Labor Day). We didn't fully explore Horse Beach last time because of the tides. This, and the fact I had a whole lotta errands to run on Tuesday, and the fact I needed to kick-start the planning for our fast approaching San Francisco trip (before the 29th)... all added up to me postponing any Del Mar trip until after the SF trip.

MissileDog is offline   Reply With Quote