View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 04:38 PM   #45
trob888
Pooh-Bah

In Millinocket, hopefully climbing Katahdin tomorrow. The sun finally showed itself a little today and a climb could have been possible, but tomorrow still looks good. However, wind might be an issue for the route I want to take.

I've been reading almost non-stop; more Vonnegut. I flew through God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater. It was good. It seemed to have a little less plot that his other works. He's always relied heavily on his characters to get his ideas across but there's usually a good story too. There could have been more of a story to this one. Still a good read. It's been a few years since I read Cat's Cradle and I'm re-reading it now. I forgot how great it is. Also, I just went to the library and read about 50 pages of Christopher Moore's A Dirty Job. I'm going to check it out when I'm back in DC for a couple weeks.

If anyone ever has any book suggestions I'm all ears. This year I've liked a lot of this quasi science fiction kind of stuff: Kurt Vonnegut (Cat's Cradle, The Sirens of Titan, Player Piano), Ray Bradbury (The Martian Chronicles, Fahrenheit 451), Aldous Huxley (A Brave New World). Last summer I was reading a lot of Herman Hesse. Siddhartha and Demian are two of my all time favorites. Steppenwolf was decent and I couldn't make it through The Glass Bead Game. I want to read some more Haruki Murakami and I've also wanted to try some Tom Robbins stuff. I've started Another Roadside Attraction twice and really enjoyed it, but for some reason I never finished. I gave Skinny Legs and All a quick attempt but couldn't get into it. I'm starting to ramble. Recommend some books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaestrony View Post
Nice thread!
Thanks for the support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coasterbrad View Post

I didn't even leave it on the floor...gah.

Nice update. Glad you got back on track mentally. The Bold Coast hike looks beautiful.
You forgot about Karen's vagina bags! Gotta spread the awareness, she's depending on us
trob888 is offline   Reply With Quote