View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #157
sluggger5x
John Connor of poker

Re: The what are our chances in the lame duck thread

Little Progress On Internet Poker, Admit Reid And Kyl

Quote:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Democrat of Nevada, went on to once again blame the lack of Republican support, while Arizona’s Republican Senator Jon Kyl said he and Reid had not even discussed the issue recently.
Quote:
Just hours earlier, Kyl said he could not identify any specific issue that could be holding up the effort.

“I wouldn't assume anything is holding it up. Just talk to Harry Reid,” Kyl said.

Even though he conceded Reid and he have not held recent discussions, Kyl expressed confidence the majority leader remained interested in passing such legislation.

“I think Senator Reid would like to see it happen,” Kyl said. “I haven't talked to him, but I think he'd like to get it done.”
Quote:
In his comments Tuesday, Reid did not single out his junior senator for criticism over the lack of Republican votes, and through a press aide Heller appeared to stay positive.

“Senator Heller remains optimistic and will continue to work with Senators Reid and Kyl, and his Republican colleagues to get legislation passed,” Heller spokesman Stewart Bybee said in an email.
sluggger5x is offline   Reply With Quote