View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #21
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: The Combonator: Free Combination Analysis For Hold'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvioDante View Post
Yeah Win XP
Really sorry you are having problems. In the next few days i hope to release v1.2. Once that's out I'm going to try and work with people having issues and try various different things to try and find out what the problem can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigMeARiver View Post
Works for me on XP, although when I close it I get this:

Error occurred

See the logfile...

Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyo", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
File "threading.pyo", line 736, in run
File "program.py", line 1435, in check_for_updates
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 14590, in __getattr__
PyDeadObjectError: The C++ part of the MainFrame object has been deleted, attribute access no longer allowed.
This bug will be fixed in the next version.

(it occurs when you shut it down fast before it's complete a background task - nothing nefarious, just a check for updates)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SretiCentV View Post
Hood, your accent is awesome. It's like a British accent with a British accent haha.
Ha guess I'll take that as a complement!

Quote:
Anyone else tried this and it has worked good? I am very paranoid when it comes to compunters and software and when an application makes the comp think a little bit and then nothing happens sets of a lot of alarm bells.

However, Hood's post count + longtime membership looks good as well as it seemed fine when i scanned it.

Sorry for being a bit rude, but considering how many people get their accounts hacked these days you can't be too careful.

And this looks like a great app, really looking forward to try it out. Wp there Hood
Always smart to be cautious, no offence taken.

I've been around a while and released a bunch of tools (mostly free, one other successful poker tool i still support and sell). In my profile there's a link to my blog which lists all the stuff i've released. There's at least a couple hundred users of combonator now and lots of them are happy customers It also should be featured in a poker training vid in the next day or two. So there's quite a few good testimonials around now.

"when an application makes the comp think a little bit and then nothing happens sets of a lot of alarm bells."

Quote:
That's understandable. Like I say it's some issue restricted to only some installs of XP, I have no idea what the issue is, no error report is generated. Cleverer people than me have scratched their heads when i've approached them. I really hope to get this sorted in the next release because I hate the idea that it doesn't work for some people. Please bare with me!