View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 06:48 PM   #12
UCBananaboy
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: MISC/RANDOM/BS Golf Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBTHorton View Post
Eh, pretty much disagree with this entire post. We have no idea what his swing is like, so telling him that getting custom fit isn't important is pretty meh. He didn't even tell us what shaft he has in the clubs, so we have no idea whether these clubs are even remotely close to what he needs.

I personally think everyone should at least know the basics of their swing(swing speed, lie angle adjustments, etc) before they go buy clubs. Swinging the wrong shaft, or non adjusted irons can really hurt your game and keep you from improving. Shooting 94 is the exact time when I think you should be getting involved in custom fitting, because in most cases you've started striking the ball pretty well and can really notice a difference.
I disagree, I have seen a lot of people shoot 94 who really aren't that great ballstrikers. Moreso than good ball strikers who just piss away shots around the green - hence why I said getting fitted isn't that essential at this stage.

I agree though, lots of stats regarding his game are key to making an appropriate call though.

I guess I am just lucky to have never needed adjusted clubs
UCBananaboy is offline   Reply With Quote