Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Two Plus Two Pokercast Discussions about the Two Plus Two Pokercast featuring interactions with the weekly special guests.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 06:02 PM   #26
Johnny Douglas
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Johnny Douglas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blog.jcarter.ca
Posts: 8,476
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSchwartz View Post
Case of beefaroni ftw!
If only it came in a drum. Nothing exciting today, just Tabouli, Frozen Pizzas and a Box of OJ.

We did see some feral people go off on an older european lady for putting her hand on the back of the feral kid so she could get by the aisle he was blocking. A huge standoff ensued, while the entire feral family accused her of molesting her unsupervised child who was actually blocking the aisle.
Johnny Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #27
tunaman3000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tunaman3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Where is Tart?
Posts: 7,919
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

lol feral people
tunaman3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #28
S t =0= n a
veteran
 
S t =0= n a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,073
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Douglas View Post
If only it came in a drum. Nothing exciting today, just Tabouli, Frozen Pizzas and a Box of OJ.

We did see some feral people go off on an older european lady for putting her hand on the back of the feral kid so she could get by the aisle he was blocking. A huge standoff ensued, while the entire feral family accused her of molesting her unsupervised child who was actually blocking the aisle.
Wow, after reading the article quoted below I'm stunned about three things:
1. The kid didn't bite the old ladies hand.
2. The family was able to accuse her with words.
3. They had a (skewed) grasp of a concept (molestation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
A feral child (feral, wild, or undomesticated) is a human child who has lived isolated from human contact from a very young age, and has no (or little) experience of human care, loving or social behavior, and, crucially, of human language.[1] Some feral children have been confined by people (usually their own parents); in some cases this child abandonment was due to the parents' rejection of a child's severe intellectual or physical impairment. Feral children may have experienced severe child abuse or trauma before being abandoned or running away.
S t =0= n a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #29
Johnny Douglas
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Johnny Douglas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blog.jcarter.ca
Posts: 8,476
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

yeah, the whole thing pisses me and the wife off (we don't have kids, just poorly trained dogs). her sister has adopted this style of parenting -- her kids can do no wrong, and are not made accountable to anyone..

growing up if we did something stupid, it was perfectly fine for a grown up, and within reason, a stranger to tell us off.

This seems to be long gone, for example, my wife scowled at my niece for pushing her baby sister down because she was diverting attention away from herself, and my wife got yelled at by her sister for "upsetting the child". Christ.

Or last week, when I was at pickle barrel, and some kid was trolling around the restaurant in one of these the whole time:



Cliff notes:

[x] JD likes Pickle Barrel.
[x] JD knows about plasma cars for some reason.
[ ] JD enjoys other people's spoiled kids.
[x] JD is a crusty old man at age 30.
Johnny Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #30
Johnny Douglas
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Johnny Douglas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blog.jcarter.ca
Posts: 8,476
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

anyone playing any donkaments tonight? I took 2nd in a 90 man last on stars, and am still feeling like 3 hours of my life has no value.
Johnny Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:47 PM   #31
S t =0= n a
veteran
 
S t =0= n a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,073
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

A friend told me true story once, it went something like this:
(This was observed by the friend)

Scene is a grocery store.

A couple with kid (maybe age 6-8) is in the store somewhere in/near the veggie section.
The kid is totally badly behaved i.e. pulling stuff from the shelves / throwing veggies on the ground et cetera.
Now, some woman is observing this (~25-30yrs old). She proceeds to the parents of the brat and tells them (assertive but also very politely) that they should please do something to make the kid stop to cause havoc in the store. (mind you the kid was also ruining some of the items it came in contact with)
The parents then go on to tell the lady that they believe in a "laissez-faire" style of education and they are not going to impose rules and regulations on the child.
This of course is pretty outrageous, but here comes the best part.
The woman is baffled obviously but doesn't argue further with the parents.
Instead she proceeds to the condiments shelf (which was nearby) grabbing a bottle of ketchup. Then goes to the kid (which is still causing damage to the store) opens the bottle of ketchup and then pours the whole bottle (1 liter) out over the kid.
The kid obviously feels violated now and begins cry-mode which brings the parents (who were totally ignoring their kid the whole time) back into the picture.
Now they are obviously totally outraged as to how the woman had the audacity of violating the child that way.
The woman then states to the parents that she had been brought up by parents who also believed in the "laissez-faire"-style of parenting and that she just felt like pouring ketchup all-over the child. Then she walks away leaving the outraged couple in the grocery section.
S t =0= n a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #32
S t =0= n a
veteran
 
S t =0= n a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,073
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Douglas View Post
anyone playing any donkaments tonight? I took 2nd in a 90 man last on stars, and am still feeling like 3 hours of my life has no value.
Just finished a set of ~85 games. (45man turbos)
I might fire up another session in a lil while though.

Wanna play a Horse HU? (I'm always down for those)
S t =0= n a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #33
Johnny Douglas
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Johnny Douglas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blog.jcarter.ca
Posts: 8,476
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

Make me a coffee cup:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/62...s-nsfw-475216/

Gonna grab a shower, and then see what's up stona. I suck at HORSE, but like it OK.
Johnny Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #34
jefkve
old hand
 
jefkve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 1,297
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Douglas View Post
anyone playing any donkaments tonight? I took 2nd in a 90 man last on stars, and am still feeling like 3 hours of my life has no value.
Im on a break for a little while....Wife is tired of hearing me complain about my aces getting cracked (allin preflop against jacks). Maybe tomorrow...
jefkve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #35
S t =0= n a
veteran
 
S t =0= n a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,073
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

cup made (and posted in 4L), non Horse also ok for me (even though I do like ezy moniez :-P )
S t =0= n a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:53 PM   #36
JaredL
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JaredL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 22,523
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

I don't get why the America's hat thing is funny.

It's like CANADA, IT'S NORTH OF THE USA!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
JaredL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:29 PM   #37
Johnny Douglas
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Johnny Douglas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blog.jcarter.ca
Posts: 8,476
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S t =0= n a View Post
cup made (and posted in 4L), non Horse also ok for me (even though I do like ezy moniez :-P )
BTW. I bought Jonagold apples yesterday. I love it when a plan comes together.
Johnny Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #38
Johnny Douglas
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Johnny Douglas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blog.jcarter.ca
Posts: 8,476
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

I don't know if these are new, but I just found out about them:



Second only to the lays curry chips.
Johnny Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:16 AM   #39
AdamSchwartz
Shippy McShiperson
 
AdamSchwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 2 twins no cups
Posts: 8,493
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S t =0= n a View Post
A friend told me true story once, it went something like this:
(This was observed by the friend)

Scene is a grocery store.

A couple with kid (maybe age 6-8) is in the store somewhere in/near the veggie section.
The kid is totally badly behaved i.e. pulling stuff from the shelves / throwing veggies on the ground et cetera.
Now, some woman is observing this (~25-30yrs old). She proceeds to the parents of the brat and tells them (assertive but also very politely) that they should please do something to make the kid stop to cause havoc in the store. (mind you the kid was also ruining some of the items it came in contact with)
The parents then go on to tell the lady that they believe in a "laissez-faire" style of education and they are not going to impose rules and regulations on the child.
This of course is pretty outrageous, but here comes the best part.
The woman is baffled obviously but doesn't argue further with the parents.
Instead she proceeds to the condiments shelf (which was nearby) grabbing a bottle of ketchup. Then goes to the kid (which is still causing damage to the store) opens the bottle of ketchup and then pours the whole bottle (1 liter) out over the kid.
The kid obviously feels violated now and begins cry-mode which brings the parents (who were totally ignoring their kid the whole time) back into the picture.
Now they are obviously totally outraged as to how the woman had the audacity of violating the child that way.
The woman then states to the parents that she had been brought up by parents who also believed in the "laissez-faire"-style of parenting and that she just felt like pouring ketchup all-over the child. Then she walks away leaving the outraged couple in the grocery section.
I mean I wouldn't let my kids get to this point, but if anyone (man or woman) ever did that to my kids it would be on.

If there is one thing in life I have learned, it's never to tell people how to raise their kids. You will never get anywhere with them and it can only escalate.

For instance, last night at MJ's big poker tourney some 8 month pregnant woman was sweating her husband at my table. She was huge and obviously ready to pop. The guy made some comment about how he needed to win to pay for all the crap he had to buy, even though it was pretty obvious he was totally incapable of winning. Both didn't seem too excited about having kids.

After I open shoved one too many times and busted I walked out the door and saw her smoking outside. The poor kids have no chance.

I thought about saying something, but flashed back to a douchebag moment I had last year.

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/34...douche-221086/

Went upon my merry way, resolving not to care about idiots that can't or won't raise their kids properly.

For some reason, bad parenting tilts the hell out of me. More than really anything I can think of. Terrence has a funny story from Bahamas about a guy bringing his baby into the hot tub. He couldn't stand it and told the dude he was an idiot and they had to be separated or T would have likely had him in the sleeper in short order.
AdamSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #40
S t =0= n a
veteran
 
S t =0= n a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,073
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSchwartz View Post
I mean I wouldn't let my kids get to this point, but if anyone (man or woman) ever did that to my kids it would be on.

If there is one thing in life I have learned, it's never to tell people how to raise their kids. You will never get anywhere with them and it can only escalate.
[...]
Let me get this straight. If hypothetically you owned a store, and a kid would go on a rampage destroying your warez you wouldn't take action to make it stop?
Granted in my story the woman who was pouring the ketchup was "just" a customer and didn't own the store. So it could be argued that she should have gone to the store manager instead of taking action herself, but at least the kid got a sense that his actions have consquences.

I read the first 10 posts in that thread and I don't think this cinema situation isn't comparable to my story.
S t =0= n a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:11 AM   #41
Mike Johnson
Former Pokercast Co-Host
 
Mike Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bilzerian's Beard
Posts: 6,864
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSchwartz View Post
The guy made some comment about how he needed to win to pay for all the crap he had to buy, even though it was pretty obvious he was totally incapable of winning.
I never saw the woman smoking, but Adam will be none too pleases to hear that the husband chopped it, but officially came 2nd.

Our good friendgot it in against him with 78 vs AT on and 783A board with 12 players left and the guy riverved a 10 to take a massive chip lead.
Mike Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #42
Johnny Douglas
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Johnny Douglas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blog.jcarter.ca
Posts: 8,476
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSchwartz View Post

If there is one thing in life I have learned, it's never to tell people how to raise their kids. You will never get anywhere with them and it can only escalate.
It's true, I completely agree.

1. Good parents get a ton of "I know best" from friends and relatives, who often don't have kids. It's not really fair, and I'm definitely guilty of it.

2. Bad parents and/or feral parents are just trying to prevent "major" incidents, scrape by, not lose kids, etc, such that it does nothing but make them dig in.

Also, ****ing Strollers. When did these things get so big? And it seems the bigger they get, the more places people want to take them.
Johnny Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #43
AdamSchwartz
Shippy McShiperson
 
AdamSchwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 2 twins no cups
Posts: 8,493
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S t =0= n a View Post
Let me get this straight. If hypothetically you owned a store, and a kid would go on a rampage destroying your warez you wouldn't take action to make it stop?
If I owned the store, certainly. After I made the kid's parents pay for the broken stuff ldo.

I was talking about pouring ketchup on a/my kid. Thats offside and as I said, it would be on at that point.

Quote:
I read the first 10 posts in that thread and I don't think this cinema situation isn't comparable to my story.
Ya, it wasn't supposed to be. I was relating a story about telling others how to parent. Not a good idea, imo.
AdamSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #44
tunaman3000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tunaman3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Where is Tart?
Posts: 7,919
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

When OOT unanimously decides that something you did is douchey that's really saying something imo.
tunaman3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #45
AdamSchwartz
Shippy McShiperson
 
AdamSchwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 2 twins no cups
Posts: 8,493
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Johnson View Post
I never saw the woman smoking, but Adam will be none too pleases to hear that the husband chopped it, but officially came 2nd.
Really? Wow.

Well that tells you all you need to know about tournament poker. I would relate lots of instances of horrid play, but can't remember details.
AdamSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #46
AdamSchwartz
Shippy McShiperson
 
AdamSchwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 2 twins no cups
Posts: 8,493
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaman3000 View Post
When OOT unanimously decides that something you did is douchey that's really saying something imo.
Ya, I agree it was.

Ruined the movie for me, though. Six year old kid climbing all over the seat in front of me looking at me for some reason the whole show kinda makes it hard to enjoy a good dick joke.

Probably should have just told him to ship the $10.95 ticket refund.
AdamSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #47
tunaman3000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tunaman3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Where is Tart?
Posts: 7,919
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSchwartz View Post
Ya, I agree it was.

Ruined the movie for me, though. Six year old kid climbing all over the seat in front of me looking at me for some reason the whole show kinda makes it hard to enjoy a good dick joke.

Probably should have just told him to ship the $10.95 ticket refund.
Some might argue that you should ask Adam Sandler for your $10.95 back.
tunaman3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:58 PM   #48
Johnny Douglas
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Johnny Douglas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blog.jcarter.ca
Posts: 8,476
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

I remember a blog post about this couple that took their kid to "Hostel" and cried (obv) through the whole thing..
Johnny Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #49
S t =0= n a
veteran
 
S t =0= n a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,073
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSchwartz View Post
Ya, it wasn't supposed to be. I was relating a story about telling others how to parent. Not a good idea, imo.
Well I found the story funny when I heard it. Cause the kid had it coming.
IMO the kid was better off getting a bottle of ketchup poured over his head at this stage in his life than if it was to butt heads with the wrong person later in life who could knock some of his teeth out. Alternatively the store manager could've involved the cops obv, but I think that would be a waste of public resources tbh.

But I don't want to get into a huge parenting discussion here since that would be pretty pointless.
Also I agree that it generally is not a good idea to tell others how to parent their kids, but if for example I had friends with a kid visiting me and the kid would start to pull everything out of my drawers and closets and the parents wouldn't make it stop doing that on my request, I'd have no remorse in kicking them all out of my house right away.
S t =0= n a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #50
Johnny Douglas
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Johnny Douglas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blog.jcarter.ca
Posts: 8,476
Re: [LC] Random Ramblings About Canada related stuff.

Tonight I made Stona's crazy german apple thingys:







First Shamwows, now these!

They turned out pretty good, presentation was a little lacking, and they have looked fancier with icing sugar, but all in all, great success. My Weimaraner felt entitled to them by birthright.
Johnny Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online