Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Small Stakes Full Ring Discussion of .50/1 and 1/2 online and 5/10 live no-limit and pot-limit Texas hold'em full ring games, situations and strategies

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 09:17 AM   #1
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Diamond **Video** 100NL Part3

This video is a lil bit different in comparison to my others. There was a lot more smallball here, rather than runnin good in larger pots (esp my first vid ). Any and all comments welcome.

i ran a brisk 17/12/4, pretty active pf


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A3V409Z8

(o...and i leave like 40min in to get a phone call...which is why the vid randomly skips. wasnt trying to edit out bad play or something =) )



(heres the Codec if u dont have it already. DL the TSCC or w/e one

http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp )
*Split* is offline  
Old 12-06-2007, 12:58 PM   #2
RapidEvolution
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RapidEvolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Teaching Math and hoarding play $$
Posts: 6,920
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

Watching the vid now, Split. Good stuff! Note-taking is hilarious.
RapidEvolution is offline  
Old 12-06-2007, 02:04 PM   #3
Das Budrick
Pooh-Bah
 
Das Budrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,559
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

oh sweet, thanks man

ill watch this after writing my 12 page paper on LOL_INTRAWEB_GAMBLAMENTS
Das Budrick is offline  
Old 12-06-2007, 06:55 PM   #4
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

i kno ppl are DLing it. now berate me plz =)
*Split* is offline  
Old 12-06-2007, 08:16 PM   #5
ninjadanger
enthusiast
 
ninjadanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the left hand side
Posts: 85
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

dude... retard switch... yeeeeeeees!
ninjadanger is offline  
Old 12-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #6
Chargers In 08
banned
 
Chargers In 08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Peace.
Posts: 4,590
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Suit View Post
now berate me plz =)
I thought your play was pretty poor and you were trying to force to much. Once you won a big pot (JJ > 66) you calmed down, alot. You were no longer raising in spots where you should be and you weren't as out of line as you were before which reinforced to me that you were just looking for a big pot to win, and this can certainly be from being in a downswing. Basically it seemed like you were tilting.

I thought the JJ call was pretty standard, you're really only losing to QQ there as no big hand plays like that. I have only watched the first 33 minutes because I had to go out earlier in the middle of it and I'll watch the rest and give comments tomorrow.
Chargers In 08 is offline  
Old 12-06-2007, 10:14 PM   #7
Shaffer
veteran
 
Shaffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Value-owning myself with 3rd pair
Posts: 2,556
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

The "retard switch" comment is pure win. I had quite a bit of trouble stopping laughing after hearing it.
Shaffer is offline  
Old 12-06-2007, 10:42 PM   #8
bottomset
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bottomset's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: pray for mojo
Posts: 26,022
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

too many tables for a video

you raise too big imo when isolating
bottomset is offline  
Old 12-06-2007, 10:43 PM   #9
checkmate36
Pooh-Bah
 
checkmate36's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: This is not a gambling website
Posts: 5,114
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

Downloading now.

Thanks for taking the time. I will comment/ask questions later.

Thanks again.
checkmate36 is offline  
Old 12-06-2007, 10:49 PM   #10
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargers In 07 View Post
I thought your play was pretty poor and you were trying to force to much. Once you won a big pot (JJ > 66) you calmed down, alot. You were no longer raising in spots where you should be and you weren't as out of line as you were before which reinforced to me that you were just looking for a big pot to win, and this can certainly be from being in a downswing. Basically it seemed like you were tilting.
.
can u give any examples where i did anything tilty? i only ask cuz this is the first time ive been told sumtin like this and wud rly like to explore it. i dont think i did anything rly out of the ordinary...but once again, hand examples wud really help plz. thnx

and BottomSet...cud u give 2 examples plz, and what sizing u wud prefer/why. thnk u
*Split* is offline  
Old 12-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #11
bottomset
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bottomset's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: pray for mojo
Posts: 26,022
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

utg limper, you have KQs co, you raise to 5.50
1limper you had AK and raise to 6

I'd stick with pot in both spots

in position on both, I don't see much need for going higher than pot, and you can probably make a decent case for slightly under pot

Last edited by bottomset; 12-06-2007 at 10:56 PM.
bottomset is offline  
Old 12-06-2007, 10:57 PM   #12
checkmate36
Pooh-Bah
 
checkmate36's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: This is not a gambling website
Posts: 5,114
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomset View Post
too many tables for a video

I found it very hard to follow and it was kind of hard to see. Maybe I will check it out on my desktop computer as it wasn't happening for me on my laptop.
checkmate36 is offline  
Old 12-06-2007, 10:58 PM   #13
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

im more concerned on the why part of it. i kno i size my pf up a lil bit. esp with postition i think its more +EV for me to create a larger pot and cut down effective stacks.
*Split* is offline  
Old 12-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #14
Chargers In 08
banned
 
Chargers In 08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Peace.
Posts: 4,590
Exclamation Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

Hard to give examples since I watched quite a while ago but...opening 84s in the hijack at a table you weren't getting any respect on with a loose BB, opening 23s I think in the hijack (maybe c/o) pretty gross JMO ofc. Alot of your hijack steals I thought were forcing action and to an extent your c/o AND button raises.

After you won that hand you overlimped ATs in a spot you'd usually raise, at the same time in the video you limped behind a limper with a SC w/o even giving consideration to raising in a spot you'd normally raise, open limping A6s in the sb against a retard in the BB. There were a couple others that I can't think of off hand.
Chargers In 08 is offline  
Old 12-06-2007, 11:09 PM   #15
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargers In 07 View Post
Hard to give examples since I watched quite a while ago but...opening 84s in the hijack at a table you weren't getting any respect on with a loose BB, opening 23s I think in the hijack (maybe c/o) pretty gross JMO ofc. Alot of your hijack steals I thought were forcing action and to an extent your c/o AND button raises.

After you won that hand you overlimped ATs in a spot you'd usually raise, at the same time in the video you limped behind a limper with a SC w/o even giving consideration to raising in a spot you'd normally raise, open limping A6s in the sb against a retard in the BB. There were a couple others that I can't think of off hand.
not rly tilty so much as setting an image, then relaxxin on it. urll notice about 30min in my stats on all tables were pretty good lookin (i think 15/10+ on everytable). and from there i was a lil more selective. nothing wrong with mixxing that up sometimes...can make for very profitable sessions (not sayyin this was one of them tho).

the 84s was in hopes of playin an 3way pot against 2 dumbnuts in position. tho id prefer we were 120bb+ effective, its still a +EV spot esp cuz when i nail the board, they nail the board (ppl that call wider tend to hit midrange boards often)

and 32s isnt a bad openHJ hand. not the normal hand...but has plenty of steal value, as do any 2cards in position. however, with it being suited and plenty of deception...i dont see how its anything but +EV, so long as im not gettin 3b too liberally (which i wasnt at that table if i can remember correctly)

again...if u think im wrong...lets talk it out. thats why were here

(PS. i wud never do 90% of the stuff i do preflop if i didnt think i was a good postflop player. not sayyin im the best postflop...but i think im generally good enuff that i can widen my preflop range and do all the stealing and ISOing i do)
*Split* is offline  
Old 12-06-2007, 11:36 PM   #16
vizer02
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,432
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

I didn't like your check call on the turn and river with A,Q when you flopped tptk, especially against that particular player. I think a b/f on the turn c/f on the river would've been a better play, as played I would've folded river because that player is not betting on the river without 2 pair or better.

Also, I think you're better off 4-betting in position lightly (and not lightly) like you did with a smaller bet size. It was hard to see, but I think you bumped it to $50ish, but I think $40ish will get the job done, especially if you're doing it lightly. A lot of the cardrunner's videos express the point that you're 4bets don't have to be pot sized raises, and I tend to agree.

Other than that, good vid, although I think 9 tables is a little too much.
vizer02 is offline  
Old 12-06-2007, 11:42 PM   #17
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizer02 View Post
I didn't like your check call on the turn and river with A,Q when you flopped tptk, especially against that particular player. I think a b/f on the turn c/f on the river would've been a better play, as played I would've folded river because that player is not betting on the river without 2 pair or better.

Also, I think you're better off 4-betting in position lightly (and not lightly) like you did with a smaller bet size. It was hard to see, but I think you bumped it to $50ish, but I think $40ish will get the job done, especially if you're doing it lightly. A lot of the cardrunner's videos express the point that you're 4bets don't have to be pot sized raises, and I tend to agree.

Other than that, good vid, although I think 9 tables is a little too much.
good points. i think the AQ was total spew (given my turn play, i need to c/f the river. hes never bettin me light there obvi). i agree with the 4b strategy as well...and used to follow that more at 6max. i generally go 1/2 stack so i can make calls (i can call 76s against a range of KK+, with AK sometimes, gettin 3:1), and i aso get more action when i do it with my good hands.

so im gettin the feeling that 9tabling is hard for ppl watchin the vid? (not sure why no1 sed this about any of my other vids...but ill remember it for next time if its the general concensus)
*Split* is offline  
Old 12-07-2007, 12:23 AM   #18
Chargers In 08
banned
 
Chargers In 08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Peace.
Posts: 4,590
Spade Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

Quote:
and 32s isnt a bad openHJ hand. not the normal hand...but has plenty of steal value, as do any 2cards in position.
I don't think you're going to have position as often as you think you will here. Total spew IMO.

I think playing 9 tables is fine. Pretty easy to keep up with.
Chargers In 08 is offline  
Old 12-07-2007, 12:58 AM   #19
BlackRain
veteran
 
BlackRain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Thailand
Posts: 2,042
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

Cool video man. Seen a few of your others. I don't mind the 9 tables. I do agree with bottomset though. It seems like you are trying to discourage action in LP. You want them to call more often. I would raise smaller.

Also, I think its been discussed above (probably just rehashing here) but I thought the AQ hand was spewish against that type of player. Also, 4 bet should be smaller. And the jiggling retard switch was gold! haha
BlackRain is offline  
Old 12-07-2007, 01:01 AM   #20
BlackRain
veteran
 
BlackRain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Thailand
Posts: 2,042
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

Ah yes, the 84s hand also, which was discussed above. Just fold pf against that type of player where the cards do matter. Raise it when the 18/2/1 limps and bet any flop.
BlackRain is offline  
Old 12-07-2007, 09:51 AM   #21
Guruman
Pooh-Bah
 
Guruman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: thinking about bluffing
Posts: 4,496
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

i have trouble getting much out of videos with so many tables open. I can see that you're doing stuff, I just don't always see why.
Guruman is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 06:18 PM   #22
Das Budrick
Pooh-Bah
 
Das Budrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,559
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomset View Post
utg limper, you have KQs co, you raise to 5.50
1limper you had AK and raise to 6

I'd stick with pot in both spots

in position on both, I don't see much need for going higher than pot, and you can probably make a decent case for slightly under pot

I initially agreed with this, but I've just watched sixpepper's latest CR video at 100nl FR and he makes the case that it is better to add another dollar (or BB) when isolating a bad EP limper, and in one of the hands he does it he has AK, same situation as Split Suit's AK hand.

he mentioned that he got the idea from CTS and now does it too
Das Budrick is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 06:46 PM   #23
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Budrick View Post
I initially agreed with this, but I've just watched sixpepper's latest CR video at 100nl FR and he makes the case that it is better to add another dollar (or BB) when isolating a bad EP limper, and in one of the hands he does it he has AK, same situation as Split Suit's AK hand.

he mentioned that he got the idea from CTS and now does it too
there are 2 ways to look at my larger sizing

1.) its good

. puts ppl in the grey area in terms of 5/10rule decisions
. ups the pot size that will often b taken down with a simple CB
. affects in the potsize-geometry that will make it easier to get more value
. against good players who dont fully understand ur sizing changes, it will give ur dub barrels more validity because they understand their stacks are being threatened

2.) its bad

. ups the potsize-geometry so u will get carried away with TPTK more often
. will lose more when behind and ppl make plays at u (floats and such). really only applicable against better players who know what ur doin. (however, good players who dont understand ur sizing will fade off because they understand how/when their stacks will threatened, which is good obvi)



overall i see it as more good than bad, especially against bad players. against better players...mix it up.

(this is my first time really typing this out...so any discussion on this wud b awesome)
*Split* is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 08:42 PM   #24
AlexB182
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AlexB182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Back for good...
Posts: 8,338
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

I liked that video and agree with by far most of your plays. If I remember right you flat called once with J7s IP but I'm not sure about that. If you did I did not like that...

Oh, and yes, I think that for a vid like that fewer tables (like 4 - 6) would ve been a little better. Nice job though overall!
AlexB182 is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 08:43 PM   #25
BlackRain
veteran
 
BlackRain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Thailand
Posts: 2,042
Re: **Video** 100NL Part3

Split. I see it as more bad than good for this reason. People (fish especially) are more inclined to call smaller raises than big ones preflop. They also check/fold a lot on the flop. Therefore, it is more profitable longrun, to get them to put in those couple more BB's preflop, with a greater frequency.

I do see your point that people may attempt plays on you more often in a smaller pot, leading to tough spots. But I don't think its enough to outweigh the benefits of taking down 3 or 4 BB's off someone more often than just 1.
BlackRain is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online