Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
*** Non-Official Rush Poker Regulars Thread*** (NSFW) *** Non-Official Rush Poker Regulars Thread*** (NSFW)

10-25-2010 , 04:45 PM
fold pre
10-25-2010 , 04:48 PM
just go all in, you likely have the best hand.
10-25-2010 , 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgers_uk
just go all in, you likely have the best hand.
yep... this.
10-25-2010 , 05:05 PM
I usually rebuy when I get ~200+bbs deep cause I'm usually 8-tabling rush+adding in tables from other sites so I mess up some spots when not paying attention if im too deep...wondering if it really matters that every time you rebuy you are instantly the BB, do you think hurts your wr much?
10-25-2010 , 05:06 PM
plz sit at my tbl
10-25-2010 , 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliceUW
I usually rebuy when I get ~200+bbs deep cause I'm usually 8-tabling rush+adding in tables from other sites so I mess up some spots when not paying attention if im too deep...wondering if it really matters that every time you rebuy you are instantly the BB, do you think hurts your wr much?
At the smaller stakes, like .5/1 I think it's a big mistake to not play deep. At 1/2 and 2/4, people are less likely to get involved in a hand with you if you're deep, so in some ways in can hurt you, even if you play better than your opponents.
10-25-2010 , 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAW_FORCE
zzzz boring, call down K4ss next time then post it
lol
10-25-2010 , 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliceUW
I usually rebuy when I get ~200+bbs deep cause I'm usually 8-tabling rush+adding in tables from other sites so I mess up some spots when not paying attention if im too deep...wondering if it really matters that every time you rebuy you are instantly the BB, do you think hurts your wr much?
The BB is decided by who has gone the longest without posting it, so you can almost always get at least five free hands in after posting the BB. In a vacuum, it would obviously hurt your WR to not take all the free hands you can get, but it might be more annoying to count how many hands it's been since the BB when you have seven other tables going.
10-25-2010 , 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBiceps
Obviously, or you wouldn't have done it.

Why not 3-bet preflop? You have position and likely a better hand. Also, you have a good image for 3-betting here.

Why not bet this flop? You likely have the best hand.

Why not raise this turn? You still likely have the best hand, but since you got here by being passive, he can now have KJ, but so what, you can learn that now.

Why not call this river? You played so passive your hand is underrepresented. He could have trips, a straight, full house, quads etc. But he could also have AJ, 88, JJ or a million other random hands he is turning into a bluff.


I just don't understand your logic, but if you explain your play on all 4 streets it will help me learn how others think.
Its not about whether we likely have the best hand here. Its will a worse hand ever call us. In this scenario, 3b'ing pre- is a total dumpster fire against this player, as I literally get called by nothing worse and if I get 4b, I just lit AQ on fire when it was 'likely the best hand' against his opening range.

The flop I could bet, but I don't see a reason to. I'm way ahead of everything or way behind. So I think he might call one with KK, but I can get that barrel somewhere else and possibly more.

Turn comes, he bets. I don't see much reason to raise, as I almost never expect worse to view that raise as weakness ever.

River comes a terrible card for his overall range, yet he pots. Could he do it with KK? sure. Do I think he ever does, absolutely not. Therefore its a prolly a fold without history.

The moral of the story... just because our hand is likely best doesn't mean its right to raise.

Last edited by DamnRinger; 10-25-2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: imo obv
10-25-2010 , 06:51 PM
also making any of your earlier statements without first knowing his stats, is absolutely wrong.
10-26-2010 , 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnRinger
How the heck are you upset about those 2 hands?
Because they happened like back to back, and it's just ******ed that this ****ing game gives me QQ/KK in these spots where I have zero chance of folding them pre and the AA guy is always some mega nit who is just luck boxing that a fish is in the hand and I happen to have an unfoldable hand at the time. Just stars aligning for nits makes me incredibly angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomset
only xplore can have AA when someone has QQ/KK, everything else is runbad
I don't mind having QQ/KK when others have AA b/c I often lose little > 50BBs or just fold pre vs a ton of static value 4b ranges. But yeah I see your point, i shouldn't be posting standard **** hands sowwyz
10-26-2010 , 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplore111
Because they happened like back to back, and it's just ******ed that this ****ing game gives me QQ/KK in these spots where I have zero chance of folding them pre and the AA guy is always some mega nit who is just luck boxing that a fish is in the hand and I happen to have an unfoldable hand at the time. Just stars aligning for nits makes me incredibly angry.



I don't mind having QQ/KK when others have AA b/c I often lose little > 50BBs or just fold pre vs a ton of static value 4b ranges. But yeah I see your point, i shouldn't be posting standard **** hands sowwyz
shouldnt be unfoldable, DUCY?
10-26-2010 , 04:47 AM
xplore

i think the responses you received about potential tilt issues are not unfounded and are intended to help you. i understand also what you are saying, yes, coolers/running bad/etc. make you mad, but doesn't affect your play.

but either way, i would suggest trying the following and see if you feel better about your game or notice any improvement in results.

since it is rush, you can easily sit out. you could snap sit out if you get stacked/lose a big pot. go take 2 minutes, get a fresh breath of air, talk to someone about something non-poker related, update your fantasy roster, or whatever

and/or, go smoke a J.

Then return to session.

*No leveling in this post
10-26-2010 , 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnRinger
Its not about whether we likely have the best hand here. Its will a worse hand ever call us. In this scenario, 3b'ing pre- is a total dumpster fire against this player, as I literally get called by nothing worse and if I get 4b, I just lit AQ on fire when it was 'likely the best hand' against his opening range.

The flop I could bet, but I don't see a reason to. I'm way ahead of everything or way behind. So I think he might call one with KK, but I can get that barrel somewhere else and possibly more.

Turn comes, he bets. I don't see much reason to raise, as I almost never expect worse to view that raise as weakness ever.

River comes a terrible card for his overall range, yet he pots. Could he do it with KK? sure. Do I think he ever does, absolutely not. Therefore its a prolly a fold without history.

The moral of the story... just because our hand is likely best doesn't mean its right to raise.
i like how there's no mention of folding pre. spewtard.

just kidding. or not really. i think.

fwiw i'm fine with postflop.
10-26-2010 , 06:21 AM
A couple of weeks ago I made a small deposit on FT to add some rush poker to my schedule of when I play. I'm a iPoker 100nl reg but am starting my own business at the moment so usually only get couple of hour time blocks where I can play a session. Due to having to join waitlists / deal with short-stackers / tables breaking etc I thought I'd add some Rush aside from my usual 100nl iPoker games as it would allow me to have quick / easy sessions when have a short window to play.

It's been very good so far. I only played 50nl to get used to rush and it's only a v small sample but so far im winning at 10bb/100 (in EV), which accounts to ~ $47 / hr.

Due to me starting my own business my hourly rate is key at the moment rather than improving as a player (which im sure rush poker isnt great for!!!). However, I wondered whether anyone had any thoughts on

1) long-term attainable win-rates at a) 50nl rush b) 100nl rush for the best regs
2) how hourly win-rates at 50nl rush may compare to non-rush 100nl
3) the difference in difficulty between 50nl & 100nl rush. If someone wins at 5bb/100 at 50nl should they usually expect to improve their hourly at 100nl rush?







10-26-2010 , 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBobAA
Do you mind if I ask you what your $/hr at 200NL Rush is? I mean if that's your winrate then I'm sure your $/hr is way higher than mine but I'm just curious. If you don't want to post it, can you PM it?
I was at a little over $200/hr (5BB/100 @ 1k hands/hr) over a 80k sample before I moved up to 400nl but I've been 6 tabling rush lately (4 x 400nl and 2 x 200nl) and as a result my 200 hourly has gone to sh17 (around $150/hr).

Graph below, see if you can spot where I start 6 tabling

10-26-2010 , 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyC
1) long-term attainable win-rates at a) 50nl rush b) 100nl rush for the best regs
2) how hourly win-rates at 50nl rush may compare to non-rush 100nl
3) the difference in difficulty between 50nl & 100nl rush. If someone wins at 5bb/100 at 50nl should they usually expect to improve their hourly at 100nl rush?
I have a couple of students playing these levels and play 200/400nl rush myself

1) Achievable winrates for best regs at rush while 4 tabling imo:
50nl rush for 12bb+/100
100nl rush for 10bb+/100
200nl rush for 8bb+/100
400nl rush for 6bb+/100

2) Not even sure why you're asking this. You've already discussed how convenient rush is and as for hourlys all you need to do is the basic math.

3) Not a huge difference between 50nl and 100nl rush. From my coaching experience the biggest jump is from 25nl to 50nl. Other than the jump from 200nl to 400nl which is far greater than any other difference in levels I've ever seen.
10-26-2010 , 12:38 PM
4 tabling rush is like 1k hands/hr right? I checked my stats for the month and Im only getting like 730/hr. Maybe its a style thing or Im just slow. Also how much harder is 6 tabling, I can handle 4 pretty easily
10-26-2010 , 12:42 PM
I get around 1000 hands/hr playing around 16/13 4tabling fr rush..maybe you need to click buttons faster or be less of a jeronimo?
10-26-2010 , 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMelon
4 tabling rush is like 1k hands/hr right? I checked my stats for the month and Im only getting like 730/hr. Maybe its a style thing or Im just slow. Also how much harder is 6 tabling, I can handle 4 pretty easily
its prolly cause you play 2/4. Smaller pool... you are waiting for tables to fill more. I get about 1k/hr at 1/2.
10-26-2010 , 12:58 PM
it really doesnt have anything to do with how many tables just hands/hr. if you can handle 4 tables and 730 h/hr easily then adding 2 200nl tables in will most likely increase your hourly. to all the rush200 regs you're welcome
10-26-2010 , 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane123
I have a couple of students playing these levels and play 200/400nl rush myself

1) Achievable winrates for best regs at rush while 4 tabling imo:
50nl rush for 12bb+/100
100nl rush for 10bb+/100
200nl rush for 8bb+/100
400nl rush for 6bb+/100

2) Not even sure why you're asking this. You've already discussed how convenient rush is and as for hourlys all you need to do is the basic math.

3) Not a huge difference between 50nl and 100nl rush. From my coaching experience the biggest jump is from 25nl to 50nl. Other than the jump from 200nl to 400nl which is far greater than any other difference in levels I've ever seen.
Thanks
10-26-2010 , 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane123
I was at a little over $200/hr (5BB/100 @ 1k hands/hr) over a 80k sample before I moved up to 400nl but I've been 6 tabling rush lately (4 x 400nl and 2 x 200nl) and as a result my 200 hourly has gone to sh17 (around $150/hr).

Graph below, see if you can spot where I start 6 tabling

That's pretty sick although 80K hands really isn't anything. I've had 80K hand stretches where I've run as good as that and I've had 80K hand b/e stretches.
10-26-2010 , 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMelon
4 tabling rush is like 1k hands/hr right? I checked my stats for the month and Im only getting like 730/hr. Maybe its a style thing or Im just slow. Also how much harder is 6 tabling, I can handle 4 pretty easily
Weird. It says in the lobby the avg is like 250 hands per hour. Maybe it's because you don't use any of the preclick buttons?
10-26-2010 , 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleFly
Weird. It says in the lobby the avg is like 250 hands per hour. Maybe it's because you don't use any of the preclick buttons?
over all players, a lot of people 1-2 table, and are ******ed whilst doing it

      
m